• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Apt101

Euron the invincible murdering fleet built on a barren island is bothering more than it should, considering the writing these past two seasons. Ugh. I guess they needed something to just cut to the point and move the plot but man, how corny.

If I was Jaime I'd have stabbed the bitch. I realize he didn't want to give her that last satisfaction, and even Joffrey was a cunt he was still my son.

And Dany and Jon's exchanges went pretty much exactly as I imagined. Even the secluded conversation, after having seen leaked pics from earlier in the year (not by choice, damn my clicking on randomly-linked things in Reddit comments).

cj_iwakura

For a moment I thought the Lannisters went to Dragonstone, like daaamn, let's go right to it.

Still a nice suckerpunch after that badass 'impregnate the bitch' line.

Finally gave Littlefinger a good scene again.

UraMallas

Every time Jaime tries to make a face turn he gets fucked over.

Give sword to Brienne to fulfil vow: she becomes the sworn sword of his enemy. Loves his brother and wants him to live: brother kills father. Tries to make Lady Olenna's death painless: she tells him she murdered his son. Saves the King's Landing by killing a psychopath: becomes infamous and despised for it.

I guess that's the idea for his character.

Jon not taking Dany's bullshit was soooo satisfying.

Agreed. He seemed to see her as a good portion of the audience sees her which was satisfying to see. Helps me reinforce my liking for him but also gives a new perspective on Dany as well. Probably intentional.

Burt

It was pretty much a great episode until Tyrion's voice over during the assault, which was overwrought and cringe-inducingly generic - and the JV tier GoT fighting didn't help either. And then we got Euron being New Ramsay again, which just dug it deeper. And Jamie is just... Garbage here. They have it set for him to turn because he's jealous. Jesus Christ.

Bringing it back, Olenna went out right, though. And people were talking earlier in the thread about the best show-created stuff, Jorah and Sam together still vying for that crown.

But really bran

Edzi

Anyone else getting serious Richmond (from the IT Crowd) vibes during the Bran scenes?

a17e457e4ad9f4abadf53b083bdf1b67.jpg

Apt101

Hmm. I just realized Bronn probably had a hand in helping Jaime figure out what to do with Casterly Rock. Oh, my champion, Bronn. How far you've fallen.

Altazor

honestly, I'm surprised at how good the script was for both the opening and closing scenes. Both were "just" conversations, but done extremely well IMHO.

Jag

What the hell was little finger talking about? That scene was bizarre.

It was, but Euron was baiting Jamie by asking if Cersei likes a little finger in her bum.

Seriously though, this ep had fantastic dialog even if the fights were a bit cheesy.

Waxy

That was definitely the best episode of the season so far IMO. I was so glad Jon didn't give into Dany and kinda put her in her place. I also gotta admit that I got alittle misty eyed when Sansa saw Bran, tho Bran's lack of emotion in the scene after was kinda sudden and off putting.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm surprised people liked this episode, it was honestly boring as fuck and they somehow had all the battles happen in the most offscreen fashion possible. The writing was fanfiction-tier. After the weak 2nd episode with the shaky-cam boat battle, this was not a good followup.

Finally put to rest who killed Joffrey

lol they put it to rest three seasons ago, all they did was confirm it to Jaime.

Zabka

No point in wasting time showing the siege of Highgarden. The battle was already lost last episode when Jaime turned the Tarlys.

I'm suuuuuper down on how rushed this "war" is. From Euron creating his massive and powerful fleet in what was probably 6 months with barely any resources to both these wins for Cersei. Feels like we should of had an entire season for this stuff or just a regular 10 episode run this season to really have it more fleshed out. It's basically just gonna be "Oh Daenerys is losing so much! What will happen!" then suddenly they start making dents into the Lannisters (Though probably while losing a dragon to the super power ballista.....)

Other than that, everything other than Bran and Jamie's gradual decay of his season 3-4 character was good to great this episode. Just felt odd that Bran is now an emotionless person basically, no indication of this change other than getting the sea of information from the three eyed raven. Would of been nice to see him become less of who he was over time, and perhaps see him actually struggle with that. But obviously they don't have the screen time for that. The Jamie stuff is self explanatory, they are probably (At least I fucking hope) setting him up to finally turn on Cersei a little bit, but it's 3 seasons too late.

This was a great episode, so many things happening to big characters...but I can't help but feel like the most important parts was the dialogue between the three side-liners whose allegiances have been changing like the wind; Varys, Melisandre, and Littlefinger. Their dialogue was hinting at something much bigger, much like Bran's.

Varys and Melisandre knowing how they die, it being in Westeros. Littlefinger also knowing about everything happening at once. I wonder if somehow they encounter a warging Bran at some point in their past and he tells them a few choice things so they could put things in motion. Who knows, but all three had dialogue so weird and different that I can't shake them being important in that time bending sort of way like the Hold the Door reveal.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No point in wasting time showing the siege of Highgarden. The battle was already lost last episode when Jaime turned the Tarlys.

There was a reason he (the show) brought up Robb's end around run (via the Frey "wedding") that caught the lannister's by surprise. They didn't really want to show that battle, either.

cj_iwakura

This was a great episode, so many things happening to big characters...but I can't help but feel like the most important parts was the dialogue between the three side-liners whose allegiances have been changing like the wind; Varys, Melisandre, and Littlefinger. Their dialogue was hinting at something much bigger, much like Bran's.

Varys and Melisandre knowing how they die, it being in Westeros. Littlefinger also knowing about everything happening at once. I wonder if somehow they encounter a warging Bran at some point in their past and he tells them a few choice things so they could put things in motion. Who knows, but all three had dialogue so weird and different that I can't shake them being important in that time bending sort of way like the Hold the Door reveal.

I'm glad Littlefinger is playing chess again, he was getting railroaded for way too long.

Oooo I like this theory

Slater

Banned
I'm surprised people liked this episode, it was honestly boring as fuck and they somehow had all the battles happen in the most offscreen fashion possible. The writing was fanfiction-tier. After the weak 2nd episode with the shaky-cam boat battle, this was not a good followup.

lol they put it to rest three seasons ago, all they did was confirm it to Jaime.

Do you not remember the early seasons of Tyrion literally getting bonked on the head to avoid showing a big battle and Rob killing Lannisters with his wolf? Fuck mam, Jaime even calls back to him getting captured, which happened off screen.

That was a great episode! A couple of moments that were a little off, but a huge improvement over last week's.

Stannis fan here.

All of this is valid criticism, I just wish the damn show gave him his "cart before the horse" dialog. That was so great, and showed how he was the only person vying for the throne that understood the true thread.
They will never make hear evil. She'll do the ol accepting to help thing when she sees she must.
They'll give this speech to Daenerys when she goes north to attack the Night King's army.

Patriots7

Wait.

How in the fuck did the largest army in Westeros get destroyed in...2 minutes?

They're not even fucking trying anymore.

Also, Casterly Rock gets taken over because of a whore tunnel. Goddamnit.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Wait.

How in the fuck did the largest army in Westeros get destroyed in...2 minutes?

They're not even fucking trying anymore.

Highgarden? I think they're supposed to be positioned to siege kings landing right? There was only a skeleton crew there to defend the castle, where the majority of the lannister army attacked it.

Top Bottom