• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

I think if the Valkyrie Drive franchise had future potential, Marvelous wouldn't have let the first game go to PQube. IIRC the anime bombed and the mobile game got shutdown within a year.

What has PQube had to do with that? They also handled Burst's release in Europe and if they picked up Bhikkhuni was because XSEED passed on the title.

The anime didn't bombed either and while is true the mobage was shutdown pretty soon, Bhikkhuni was a commercial success, having an 80~ sellthrough on its first week and completely selling out its LE.

Takao

Banned
What has PQube had to do with that? They also handled Burst's release in Europe and if they picked up Bhikkhuni was because XSEED passed on the title.

The anime didn't bombed either and while is true the mobage was shutdown pretty soon, Bhikkhuni was a commercial success, having an 80~ sellthrough on its first week and completely selling out its LE.

If VD was something Marvelous was going to keep investing in, wouldn't they want their internal localization branches to handle it? This is the same company that pulled Bokujo Monogatari from a partner that had been successfully localizing them for 20 years, just so they could bring it internal.

As for the anime, apparently it did 2,332 units a volume, which is not good.

If VD was something Marvelous was going to keep investing in, wouldn't they want their internal localization branches to handle it? This is the same company that pulled Bokujo Monogatari from a partner that had been successfully localizing them for 20 years, just so they could bring it internal.

As for the anime, apparently it did 2,332 units a volume, which is not good.

They continue investing on the IP though with a currently running manga for smartphones and merchandise.

And whether Marvelous wanted or not XSEED to localize is pure speculation right now, but the fact is that Marvelous moved forward with the title while XSEED has a lot of stuff on their plate already. If they wouldn't be interested on the franchise, why bother to find a way to publish it in the west at all?

And for an entirely original yuri series, those numbers aren't bad either.

Shizuka

I have to go with Takao, XSEED has said that they get first dibs with everything coming from Marvelous and other companies may get the scraps.

jzbluz

But BM is one of their biggest seller (SoS was XSEED's fastest selling game to reach 100,000), so it's not really comparable.

I have to go with Takao, XSEED has said that they get first dibs with everything coming from Marvelous and other companies may get the scraps.

XSEED also said they don't like doing Senran Kagura 'cause it gives them a bad look (being a t'n'a game) and that they only do it because they are required to. I very much doubt they'd fight very hard for Valkyrie Drive. Besides, I don't think who's publishing it in the West has anything to do with if they're making another for the Japanese market. These (Kenichiro Takaki breast brawler) games don't come West at first launch, or even that close to it.

That said, I don't think the "Drive" game they're talking about is another Valkyrie Drive - I'm sure Marvelous Inc would be publishing that in Japan as they aren't opposed to the fun bits like XSEED seems to be.

Anyone played Attack on Titan on Vita yet? What's the performance like?

I'm near the end of Chapter 1, and it plays pretty decent. The pop in kind of sucks, but when it matters things seem to hold up (so far). Not playably perfect, but perfectly playable.

uh what? source?

You know they did Oneechanbara just because they though it would be fun?

This has been "taken back" (if you can call it that) but IMO it still holds pretty true.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/04/fanservice-games-apart-senran-kagura-says-xseed/

Since that comment we've seen them release a bunch of Senran titles, pass on Valkyrie Drive (despite it being by that same awesome producer), release an Akiba's Trip title, and release a Onechanbara title. Given that the comment was made July 4th, 2014 or so we can assume that Akiba's Trip was already locked in, and I wouldn't be surprised if Onechanbara was too.

What else have they brought since that would qualify as fanservice-y? I can't think of any, aside from a few quips here and there in games like TOCS.

This has been "taken back" (if you can call it that) but IMO it still holds pretty true.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/04/fanservice-games-apart-senran-kagura-says-xseed/

Since that comment we've seen them release a bunch of Senran titles, pass on Valkyrie Drive (despite it being by that same awesome producer), release an Akiba's Trip title, and release a Onechanbara title. Given that the comment was made July 4th, 2014 or so we can assume that Akiba's Trip was already locked in, and I wouldn't be surprised if Onechanbara was too.

What else have they brought since that would qualify as fanservice-y? I can't think of any, aside from a few quips here and there in games like TOCS.

How in the world did you get

"XSEED also said they don't like doing Senran Kagura 'cause it gives them a bad look (being a t'n'a game) and that they only do it because they are required to"

from that single line?

And why would you take that single line over Tom's longer explanation?

The idea behind that response, I believe, is that we’re not going to be pursuing any titles based solely on the existence of “naughty” fanservice within them. But that’s not new: even Senran Kagura is a series we were thrilled to work on because it has great gameplay, well-developed characters and a fairly deep mythos behind it. In short, the Senran Kagura titles are fantastic games. The fanservice within them is just icing on the cake. ;)

In short, that quote doesn’t mean we’re never going to release another game containing fanservice again. Really, it just means we don’t plan on pursuing games for their fanservice content alone — and that’s always been the case.

there just might have been no fanservice games that meet that standard since oneechanbara

oh and this
My20AGq.jpg

How in the world did you get

"XSEED also said they don't like doing Senran Kagura 'cause it gives them a bad look (being a t'n'a game) and that they only do it because they are required to"

from that single line?

And why would you take that single line over Tom's longer explanation?

there just might have been no fanservice games that meet that standard since oneechanbara

oh and this

So I was exaggerating slightly, but only just - and as for the longer explanation I'm more oft to trust offhand comments from someone who both had access to their Facebook and thought that was okay to post than some "soften the blow" PR speak issued by a higher up. I've been dealing with PR a long time and it's not hard to recognize face-saving bullshit when I see it.

Also, I'll give you Nitroplus - I forgot about that one - but still, where are all the fanservice titles aside from the two likely set up before that comment and the singular one you can pick out that's for sure after? I would bet they've dropped close to two dozen titles since that Siliconera article and we can probably only say that three have pervasive fanservice aside from Senran titles - Akiba's, Onechanbara, and Nitroplus.

Them not getting Valkyrie Drive was a big red flag IMO, and I'd be very surprised if they release anything else of note with pervasive fanservice aside from their obligation to the Senran titles.

PQube, NIS America (with censoring), and Idea Factory International will likely be our fanservice publishers in the West going forward - not XSEED. They've XSEEDed their quota, apparently.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Honestly i hope it isn't VD but from the tweet it's the only series we know that fits imo(unless it's senran kagura drive or similar), in any case even, VD or not, a "girlish hybrid action" makes me think that the substance will be mostly the same.

Honestly i hope it isn't VD but from the tweet it's the only series we know that fits imo(unless it's senran kagura drive or similar), in any case even, VD or not, a "girlish hybrid action" makes me think that the substance will be mostly the same.

I'm hoping it's that Bokosuka Girls: Tatsunoko Gakuen Climax game that fell off the radar, but I'd welcome anything "girlish hybrid action" with a different look or feel than what else is out there.

Sengoku Otome: Legend Battle also has my attention, for example.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm hoping it's that Bokosuka Girls: Tatsunoko Gakuen Climax game that fell off the radar, but I'd welcome anything "girlish hybrid action" with a different look or feel than what else is out there.

Sengoku Otome: Legend Battle also has my attention, for example.

I have just seen the source:
http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2016/pdf/release_20160901_title.pdf

It seems that "Drive Girl" is actually the title, so unless it's a temporary title the game is probably a new ip.

EDIT:
for some reason i'm hoping to see Killing Bites somewhere lol

So I was exaggerating slightly, but only just - and as for the longer explanation I'm more oft to trust offhand comments from someone who both had access to their Facebook and thought that was okay to post than some "soften the blow" PR speak issued by a higher up. I've been dealing with PR a long time and it's not hard to recognize face-saving bullshit when I see it.

Also, I'll give you Nitroplus - I forgot about that one - but still, where are all the fanservice titles aside from the two likely set up before that comment and the singular one you can pick out that's for sure after? I would bet they've dropped close to two dozen titles since that Siliconera article and we can probably only say that three have pervasive fanservice aside from Senran titles - Akiba's, Onechanbara, and Nitroplus.

Them not getting Valkyrie Drive was a big red flag IMO, and I'd be very surprised if they release anything else of note with pervasive fanservice aside from their obligation to the Senran titles.

PQube, NIS America (with censoring), and Idea Factory International will likely be our fanservice publishers in the West going forward - not XSEED. They've XSEEDed their quota, apparently.

So you ignore all evidence to the contrary and especially what Tom of all people says as "PR". That's the guy who was almost permabanned from GAF for defending sexualization of underage characters.

Here are some games XSEED skipped that they had probably first pick on:

Net High, Tokyo Xanadu, Luminous Arc, Valkyrie Drive. See what those have in common? Spoilers: It's not fanservice

Also that Akiba and Oneechanbara may have been set up before that post means nothing. The question was if there would be more fanservice games and the answer given was no. And that has been proven wrong multiple times now. XSEED never were focused on fanservice games, I never said that and that's not the point, so saying "where are the games other than those 3 that don't fit into my argument" seems kind of silly. NISA's only fanservice franchise is CG so I don't see why they would be more likely to bring those games either.

So you ignore all evidence to the contrary and especially what Tom of all people says as "PR". That's the guy who was almost permabanned from GAF for defending sexualization of underage characters.

Here are some games XSEED skipped that they had probably first pick on:

Net High, Tokyo Xanadu, Luminous Arc, Valkyrie Drive. See what those have in common?

Also that Akiba and Oneechanbara may have been set up before that post (which you can't really know) means nothing. The question was if there would be more fanservice games and the answer given was no. And that has been proven wrong multiple times now.

You should accept that you're wrong.

Well I can pretty much guarantee that Akiba's was set up before that post given its release date, so even giving you Oneechanbara that's 2 fanservice games aside from Senran. That makes them as big a fanservice publisher as what, Idea Factory International? Not to shit on either of them, but that's a pretty low bar compared to their parent companies.

As for admitting I'm wrong, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My underlying point after all that is they don't bring enough fanservice games, and I stick by that. I also now realize you're a pretty hostile person, so thanks for that "lesson" in recognizing a piece of human sandpaper on NeoGAF. I bow to your grittiness.

Saphirax

That's the mistake. It says clearly on the TGS that it's an exhibition where they will exhibit an ENGLISH DEMO version, clearly to check the interest of the title.

So they'll exhibit the English demo for the vita version, and not just exhibit the English translation and the Japanese demo?

Clannad in English on Vita would be nice.

Edit: Ah, now I see. There'll be an English demo, but nowhere does it say it'll be on the Vita.

RK128

So we are starting to hear about Vita TGS games? Awesome :D! While not all (likely not most of them) will get western releases, its always nice seeing more games come out on Vita :).

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far and that the remainder of today is great!

Shizuka

I don't see why it can't be the existing PC port with English translation in that Sekai have already made.

Why would Prototype show that at TGS? I mean, Sekai Project is porting a lot of games themselves because dealing with Prototype was too much for them.

Why would Prototype show that at TGS?

It says clearly on the TGS that it's an exhibition where they will exhibit an ENGLISH DEMO version, clearly to check the interest of the title.

Are we in the same thread lol? I don't understand what's going on.

There was a discussion about Prototype showing an English version of Clannad at TGS. I suggested it might be the Sekai Project version since that already exists in English. Things seem to have gone off the rails since then.

Sitrus

So they'll exhibit the English demo for the vita version, and not just exhibit the English translation and the Japanese demo?

Clannad in English on Vita would be nice.

Edit: Ah, now I see. There'll be an English demo, but nowhere does it say it'll be on the Vita.

It's the PSVITA port. Prototype has it listed among the other PSV titles. I wonder if they will use sekai projects translation or use their own if they decide to go for it?

Saphirax

It's the PSVITA port. Prototype has it listed among the other PSV titles. I wonder if they will use sekai projects translation or use their own if they decide to go for it?

If they use their own, hopefully it ends up being good. Or maybe they worked something out with SP?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
did anybody here play the VN's of My teen romantic comedy snafu? is it good?

i watched the trailer for 'snafu! too' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_sqk6hYY5I and it looks something i'd like to play since i liked the anime

but i guess we'll just add to the pile of vn's that will never get localized
Played the first one a year or two ago and have the second on preorder. It was a pretty standard budget licensed anime fan disc VN. Followed the anime storyline as a base and was mostly just for letting you spend more time with the characters you like, with different endings based on character routes. I only played through 3 of the routes and none of them were romantic endings with the exception of a joke bad end. It was fairly short and only particularly enjoyable if you're already a fan of the series IMO.

Sequel seems a bit more expansive and really only picking it up since it seems like it'll actually let you provide your own conclusion to that unsatisfying anime ending.

Cornbread78

did anybody here play the VN's of My teen romantic comedy snafu? is it good?

i watched the trailer for 'snafu! too' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_sqk6hYY5I and it looks something i'd like to play since i liked the anime

but i guess we'll just add to the pile of vn's that will never get localized

Lol, would love to play the game in English. I watched the Sensei route ending and died laughing since it would have beem a perfect ending to the anime (if they ever decide to adapt it, lol)

only picking it up since it seems like it'll actually let you provide your own conclusion to that unsatisfying anime ending.

Don't even go there with that bullshot non-ending, lol.

Now, on Clannad, I really, really hope they adapt it on PS4 or Vita. The anime is such an amazing experience and I'd to see how it was originally presented on PC as a VN.

Olengie

PS4/PS Vita Exclusive 2064: Read Only Memories Delay Coming to an End Soon

Recently, Midboss announced that the console version of their point-and-click adventure 2064: Read Only Memories would be delayed until to an unknown date.

Now, the company has happily revealed that the game wont be delayed for very much longer, giving the new release date to be within the next 30 days.

However, it’s unclear if this new release includes both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita version of the game, or just one of them.

RK128

PS4/PS Vita Exclusive 2064: Read Only Memories Delay Coming to an End Soon

Recently, Midboss announced that the console version of their point-and-click adventure 2064: Read Only Memories would be delayed until to an unknown date.

Now, the company has happily revealed that the game wont be delayed for very much longer, giving the new release date to be within the next 30 days.

However, it’s unclear if this new release includes both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita version of the game, or just one of them.

That's nice they came to a solution to the issues with the game :D! I'm hopeful that plans for the Vita release are still happening :).

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Played the first one a year or two ago and have the second on preorder. It was a pretty standard budget licensed anime fan disc VN. Followed the anime storyline as a base and was mostly just for letting you spend more time with the characters you like, with different endings based on character routes. I only played through 3 of the routes and none of them were romantic endings with the exception of a joke bad end. It was fairly short and only particularly enjoyable if you're already a fan of the series IMO.

Sequel seems a bit more expansive and really only picking it up since it seems like it'll actually let you provide your own conclusion to that unsatisfying anime ending.

thanks for answering, that sounds like something i would enjoy, but then again, almost zero chances of being localized

tokyo ghoul
is that you

Looks more like Ray Gigant to me rather than Tokyo Ghoul's shitty clicker system.

Maybe Bamco will localize this one since they brought over Asterisk, which was also wasn't very popular. The Twin Star Exorcist anime is going to be 50 episodes in total, which is fairly uncommon these days.

It's anyone's guess, but they skip a lot more of their anime stuff then they actually pick up for Asia. Atm it seems to be just Gundam that's a lock, everything else has a low chance.

But stranger things have happened I guess! Still salty they never bothered with a lot of better stuff than Asterisk War though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
jemToik.jpg

oMNSKWC.jpg

tokyo ghoul
is that you

I don't like the eyes(or maybe faces in general?) and the background in the battle screen, especially the ground, is horrible, but unlike ray gigant this is from an anime so i guess we can hope in more than just a standby animation for main characters

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Very nice.

The anime is pretty good as well and still has almost 30 episodes left to air.

The manga destroys the abomination known as the anime. I have no idea why they went and kiddied it up so hard. D:

Got all of the current books, after going through the manga its literally impossible to watch the anime its so bad...

Top Bottom