• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Been talking to Woflgame on Twitter, apparently Gyossait is still coming to Vita, but only after they've finished VA-11 HALL-A. Which is cool.

Also, no idea if anyone in here can help with this, but they're looking for work with porting contracts since one of theirs fell through:

https://twitter.com/Ouren/status/786321490811564033

A very important contract has fallen through due to circumstances outside of our control & we need new leads—We port to PS4/Vita/X1/Nintendo

So if there's any studios out there that were uhm-ing and ahh-ing about Vita ports, now's the time to refer them to Wolfgame!

RK128

Been talking to Woflgame on Twitter, apparently Gyossait is still coming to Vita, but only after they've finished VA-11 HALL-A. Which is cool.

Also, no idea if anyone in here can help with this, but they're looking for work with porting contracts since one of theirs fell through:

https://twitter.com/Ouren/status/786321490811564033

So if there's any studios out there that were uhm-ing and ahh-ing about Vita ports, now's the time to refer them to Wolfgame!

Referenced them to your great porting studio's article and some twitter links to Vita porting studios. Hope that helps out somehow :D.

Referenced them to your great porting studio's article and some twitter links to Vita porting studios. Hope that helps out somehow :D.

Well thanks as always for the plug :)

They're looking FOR porting work though. Like, they want Oddworld Inhabitants or something to come to them and say "we want you to get Oddworld Soulstorm on Vita" or something (or any other console).

I already suggested to Rocketcat Games (Death Road to Canada) that they contact them, because they seem interested. Couldn't remember any other "maybe" port comments from recently though.

RK128

Well thanks as always for the plug :)

They're looking FOR porting work though. Like, they want Oddworld Inhabitants or something to come to them and say "we want you to get Oddworld Soulstorm on Vita" or something (or any other console).

I already suggested to Rocketcat Games (Death Road to Canada) that they contact them, because they seem interested. Couldn't remember any other "maybe" port comments from recently though.

I got confused for a moment; I thought they asked for a studio to port games for them, NOT them porting games.

I hope my links to different studios helps them out somehow regardless.

Edit: I suggested Oddworld Inhabitants (Soul Storm), Chasm (Vita and PS4 port), Emberheart Games (Courier of Crypts) and Mike Studios (Dungeon Souls)

Chesskid1

Banned
incase anyone else ordered DQB from VGP, it was delayed to november for them.

i like how fangamer delayed shovel knight and VGP delayed DQB and both didn't even bother to tell me, i had to find out on my own through their twitters. my fault for buying vita games i suppose.

So, how good is God Eater Resurrection's story/lore? Might consider it over rebuying Tearaway (which is one of my favorite games of all time but is stuck on an EU account I don't use anymore)

So I see playthrough videos are starting to appear on youtube for Mary Skelter, it actually looks really good. Battles don't seem nearly as mindless as most drpgs (no auto battle, which means they tried to balance random battles) and the dungeons actually have noteworthy traps in them that you have to pay attention to. From the 2 dungeons I've seen, they also look pretty great, along with the music. The major thing of note is just how much voiced text (or text in general) is in this game (as in I would not expect it to have full English VA here), like they actually put a significant story in this.

As far as fanservice goes, there's some cg scenes that are about on par with what's in Neptunia, so that wouldn't be an issue. As for the rubbing minigame, I'm not sure yet. People have posted 4+ hours of the game and there's no rubbing yet, so who knows just how lewd some of the girl's scenes are.

From what I've seen so far though, the game would have no issue coming out over here. That still remains to be seen once people start getting to the rubbing scenes.

So, how good is God Eater Resurrection's story/lore? Might consider it over rebuying Tearaway (which is one of my favorite games of all time but is stuck on an EU account I don't use anymore)

It's okay, nothing revolutionary, but it sets up the world well and gets to the characters and their stories, without spending too much time on how the world went to hell. You can find out more in the database, with a lot of entries for every possible thing that you encounter. The game mostly focuses on a set of characters and the things they go through. There are three campaigns: God Eater, Rage Burst and Ressurection.

I'd get it over Tearaway, especially at that Flash Sale price.

It's okay, nothing revolutionary, but it sets up the world well and gets to the characters and their stories, without spending too much time on how the world went to hell. You can find out more in the database, with a lot of entries for every possible thing that you encounter. The game mostly focuses on a set of characters and the things they go through. There are three campaigns: God Eater, Rage Burst and Ressurection.

I'd get it over Tearaway, especially at that Flash Sale price.

Oh, well, thanks! In retrospect, though, I really have no time for another 100-hour game so I guess I'll be getting Tearaway.

RK128

So I see playthrough videos are starting to appear on youtube for Mary Skelter, it actually looks really good. Battles don't seem nearly as mindless as most drpgs (no auto battle, which means they tried to balance random battles) and the dungeons actually have noteworthy traps in them that you have to pay attention to. From the 2 dungeons I've seen, they also look pretty great, along with the music. The major thing of note is just how much voiced text (or text in general) is in this game (as in I would not expect it to have full English VA here), like they actually put a significant story in this.

As far as fanservice goes, there's some cg scenes that are about on par with what's in Neptunia, so that wouldn't be an issue. As for the rubbing minigame, I'm not sure yet. People have posted 4+ hours of the game and there's no rubbing yet, so who knows just how lewd some of the girl's scenes are.

From what I've seen so far though, the game would have no issue coming out over here. That still remains to be seen once people start getting to the rubbing scenes.

Reminds me of how MeiQ had many 'scenes' during the dungeons. Considering Idea Factory made both MeiQ and the game you are talking about, that does not shock me in the slightest. The fact that the battle system has no auto-battle mode also reminds me of MeiQ, as that battle system mirrored traditional JRPG's to a degree.

Looking forward to learning more about this game and that hopefully it get's localized in the future.

Reminds me of how MeiQ had many 'scenes' during the dungeons. Considering Idea Factory made both MeiQ and the game you are talking about, that does not shock me in the slightest. The fact that the battle system has no auto-battle mode also reminds me of MeiQ, as that battle system mirrored traditional JRPG's to a degree.

Looking forward to learning more about this game and that hopefully it get's localized in the future.

MeiQ has an auto battle though, it's the R1 button. The only other drpg on the system that I can think of that doesn't have a button you can press to skip all combat (animations/ability selections), is Dungeon Travelers. Which with how the class system was in DT (Mary Skelter has a class system as well), there was no way to even have an auto battle system. I also wouldn't consider the amount of scenes in MeiQ to be even close to what's in this game. This seems closer to a Neptunia game in terms of just how much talking there is, where as MeiQ had a small fraction of that.

The more I watch of the game, the more parallels to Dungeon Travelers it seems to have (minus the huge amount of fanservice). The only thing different in this is that most classes seem to start as something that can actually hold their own off the bat, rather than start as a support in DT where they can't really do anything but support. That and the guy character has actions in this, unlike DT. This also seems to have a more serious tone in terms of story.

RK128

MeiQ has an auto battle though, it's the R1 button. The only other drpg on the system that I can think of that doesn't have a button you can press to skip all combat (animations/ability selections), is Dungeon Travelers. Which with how the class system was in DT (Mary Skelter has a class system as well), there was no way to even have an auto battle system. I also wouldn't consider the amount of scenes in MeiQ to be even close to what's in this game. This seems closer to a Neptunia game in terms of just how much talking there is, where as MeiQ had a small fraction of that.

The more I watch of the game, the more parallels to Dungeon Travelers it seems to have (minus the huge amount of fanservice). The only thing different in this is that most classes seem to start as something that can actually hold their own off the bat, rather than start as a support in DT where they can't really do anything but support. That and the guy character has actions in this, unlike DT. This also seems to have a more serious tone in terms of story.

That is true.....while dialog did pop up in MeiQ, it wasn't nearly on the level of Neptunia. It is interesting that Mary Skelter appears to have a serious tone, so looking forward to learning more about the story.

Sorry about my confusion with MeiQ; the battle system reminded me of other traditional role playing games with how you went into a 3D battle map when you entered combat, so that is why I thought there was no auto-battle. Been a while since I played it, so likely that is why I was wrong for a moment there :(.

Oh, well, thanks! In retrospect, though, I really have no time for another 100-hour game so I guess I'll be getting Tearaway.

It's not really a 100 hours, even going for the platinum, it can be done in about 70 hours. The campaigns altogether take about 50 hours, with some grinding to upgrade gear. If you make powerful bullets, the play time decreases quite a bit.

Buying Tearaway netted me some really neat bonuses for some reason! Tearaway skins for LBP Vita (I owned LBPV digitally beforehand), two avatars (one each of iiota and atoi), and seemingly two copies of the soundtrack (one "couldn't be downloaded to this system" while the other could). I loved the game when I played it on my other account, so this is absolutely wonderful news for me.

By the way, I backed up a few games on Sony's own Content Manager Assistant before installing HENkaku (and before 3.61), is there any way for me to get those games (and their save data!) back on my (HENkaku-enabled) Vita somehow?

(edit: works without issue even with HENkaku)

edit:
It's not really a 100 hours, even going for the platinum, it can be done in about 70 hours. The campaigns altogether take about 50 hours, with some grinding to upgrade gear. If you make powerful bullets, the play time decreases quite a bit.

Haha, that's still REALLY long for me. Given how big a backlog I have, won't be able to play it anytime soon. Thanks either way!

IvorB

Some small updates for the week for you lovely folk, enjoy!

* Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization - Some new screens for Bandai Namco's JRPG due on Oct 27 (Japan) and November 8 in English.
SAOHR-Details_10-11-16_001.jpg

SAOHR-Details_10-11-16_002.jpg

SAOHR-Details_10-11-16_005.jpg

SAOHR-Details_10-11-16_006.jpg

I really like the look of this. Seems like the previous one is available now. Any good or would it be better to wait for the new one?

Edit: Never mind, seems like this is another one of those "fan service" games.

Hey guys, really struggling to find something to play on my Vita. Any word on the XCOM port? Is it presentable?

Anyone know the answer to this? Is the XCOM port any good?

incase anyone else ordered DQB from VGP, it was delayed to november for them.

i like how fangamer delayed shovel knight and VGP delayed DQB and both didn't even bother to tell me, i had to find out on my own through their twitters. my fault for buying vita games i suppose.

Delayed to when for Shovel Knight?

Link me to the tweet so I can respond it with some kind of disappointed emoji.

Tohsaka

I really like the look of this. Seems like the previous one is available now. Any good or would it be better to wait for the new one?

I liked Hollow Fragment a lot, the fanservice stuff is mostly relegated to some CG events you can just fast-forward through if you don't like them.

RK128

Anyone know the answer to this? Is the XCOM port any good?

I can't answer you about XCOM (never played it) but regarding SAO, you can skip most if not all the cut-scene events, so if they bother you a lot, you can just skip them and get to the main part of the game; the strong gameplay.

Hallow Fragment is a game that offers ALOT once you give it time and invest yourself into the game's mechanics. I loved the depth the game offered and that coming back in Hallow Realization is a wonderful thing.

There is a fan service in Hallow Fragment but don't let that make you write off a fun game.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

In other news, got my review copy of Valkyrie Drive! Played the game for a half hour so far and already liking the gameplay. You have a lot of movement options for combat and I like how responsive the controls feel. I have the high quality audio DLC installed, so the sound quality is really solid but I noticed an odd glitch where my sword was invisible.

Will be sharing further impressions once I get further in the game but I like it so far :).

Found someone who was a little farther in Mary Skelter who posted a video of the first few character's rubbing scenes (which I'm not going to link to). Honestly, I think they could more than get away with a release of it here, while "maybe" having to cut the moaning during the scenes, because that is probably the lewdest part. Nothing outside of those scenes is any more lewd than what IFI has been bringing out and the scenes themselves are about on par with what PQube has been doing as of late.

With that said, I would still fully expect the game to be banned in Australia and Germany (if they even bothered with trying to get it rated there), as they seem to be cracking down on these types of games more and more.

Clive

I really wonder if Idea Factory International is actually listening to their fans with the whole "no censorship or no release at all" thing. Feels like they're only catering to a very vocal group and not to the people who enjoy their games the most. It was all fine when we got Asian releases but Moero Crystal seemingly isn't getting one and Mary Skelter is unconfirmed.

Not saying I have evidence for this theory but neither do they. I know I would rather take a game with minor cuts than no game at all.

Powwa

I really wonder if Idea Factory International is actually listening to their fans with the whole "no censorship or no release at all" thing. Feels like they're only catering to a very vocal group and not to the people who enjoy their games the most. It was all fine when we got Asian releases but Moero Crystal seemingly isn't getting one and Mary Skelter is unconfirmed.

Not saying I have evidence for this theory but neither do they. I know I would rather take a game with minor cuts than no game at all.

Yes this is what I'm wondering as well. Personally I'm not into fan service games but is it that big of a deal if a certain part of the game is cut out? Do people really prefer skipping a whole game just because there was a minor part of it was missing?

RK128

After playing Criminal Girls 2 for reviewing purposes last month, I agree with the bolded. You still can released a modified version of your title if you are faithful to the original vision behind it and with Criminal Girls 2, NIS America ensured they kept their vision. I didn't mention this in my review of the game, but they worked with the artists that worked on the title to produce artwork for the NA and EU releases rather than just use the pink smoke that covered things up in the original localization of Criminal Girls.

I think just altering a little bit here and there (nothing major but just removing what is needed like the voices during the rubbing mini games) should be enough to warrent a localization for Mary Skelter.

Yes this is what I'm wondering as well. Personally I'm not into fan service games but is it that big of a deal if a certain part of the game is cut out? Do people really prefer skipping a whole just game because there was a minor part of it was missing?

Honestly, probably not. The people bitching and moaning that the boogeyman is ruining their games by cutting certain elements from the game are likely buying it anyway because it's the only thing they're getting here and an insignificant amount of them actually understand enough Japanese to get that version instead. Even with all the threads on other forums where people complain about Nisa, CG2 actually seems to have not been the bomb everyone thought it would be, so clearly some of those idiots still bought it in the end.

Someone who's Twitter I follow is about 5 hours in and said it was "the renewal of the DRPG on Vita". It certainly seems to be getting good feedback.

Couldn't have come at a better time as well, since Demon Gaze just bombed lol. Maybe Exp. Inc need to shake thing up a bit.

Someone who's Twitter I follow is about 5 hours in and said it was "the renewal of the DRPG on Vita". It certainly seems to be getting good feedback.

Couldn't have come at a better time as well, since Demon Gaze just bombed lol. Maybe Exp. Inc need to shake thing up a bit.

Ya Demon Gaze 2 does not really interest me at all after all I've seen of it. Mary Skelter and Coven are what I'm really looking forward too, which is why I keep looking around for videos. From what I've seen of MS so far, it's looking like a really nice one compared to the last few we've gotten.

Ya Demon Gaze 2 does not really interest me at all after all I've seen of it. Mary Skelter and Coven are what I'm really looking forward too, which is why I keep looking around for videos. From what I've seen of MS so far, it's looking like a really nice one compared to the last few we've gotten.

It still interests me because I loved the first game, but I feel like I've seen Exp.'s formula across multiple games now and they're not much surprising about it. Coven/Mary Skelter interest me due to doing things a bit different.

RK128

When is Idea Factory International's conference again?

The event is on November 10th and it will have the following (from official press release I got via email a few weeks back).

"- interviews with our CEO and special guest
- a wonderful evening with the IFI Team
- demos of our upcoming titles (TBD)
- open bar drinks
- dinner (vegetarian meals included)
- a chocolate fountain
- exclusive IFI swag"

So expect game announcements of some fashion to be announced at the event :).

DQ Builders for Vita arrived today! :)
Really want to play this, I loved the demo.

Waiting for mine to get here today too. I usually ask for UPS so I've never had a DHL package come here before. I hope they can find my apartment building and door, and don't go to the leasing office with it... since they're randomly closed for 4:20 no matter what time of day it is.

Still wish I'd gotten lucky with Play-Asia. A select few orders shipped out from the first batch before it sold out. Would have been $6 cheaper, and the UPS shipping for the same price would have gotten here on Thursday or Friday last week.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Waiting for mine to get here today too. I usually ask for UPS so I've never had a DHL package come here before. I hope they can find my apartment building and door, and don't go to the leasing office with it... since they're randomly closed for 4:20 no matter what time of day it is.

Still wish I'd gotten lucky with Play-Asia. A select few orders shipped out from the first batch before it sold out. Would have been $6 cheaper, and the UPS shipping for the same price would have gotten here on Thursday or Friday last week.

DHL is cool.
They leave it at my leasing office and then actually text me telling me where it is. I believe they need a signature so they'll probably leave it there for you.

The first time it happened I replied back saying "Whoa, didn't know you guys texted. Appreciate it." and he responded with "No problem lol".

DHL is cool.
They leave it at my leasing office and then actually text me telling me where it is. I believe they need a signature so they'll probably leave it there for you.

The first time it happened I replied back saying "Whoa, didn't know you guys texted. Appreciate it." and he responded with "No problem lol".

It's just the office here that's always a worry, but they knocked at the door no problems not 5 minutes after I posted that:

Excite. 100% hype.

Could one of you check if there are other languages on the cartridge besides english? German for example? The back says english only but former Vita Asian english releases from Square Enix were similar to the european copies.

Powwa

Could one of you check if there are other languages on the cartridge besides english? German for example? The back says english only but former Vita Asian english releases from Square Enix were similar to the european copies.

As far as I know Asian-English releases never has German or any other European language on the cartridge, so I wouldn't expect a difference here.

As far as I know Asian-English releases never has German or any other European language on the cartridge, so I wouldn't expect a difference here.

No, I could name you plenty of Vita games which have them, because they were basically the european versions on a cartridge: Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess, Final Fantasy X & X-2, Oreshika, Souls Sacrifice Delta etc.

For Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth even the DLC worked. It was in english though, because it never got the EFGIS treatment here.

IvorB

I liked Hollow Fragment a lot, the fanservice stuff is mostly relegated to some CG events you can just fast-forward through if you don't like them.

I can't answer you about XCOM (never played it) but regarding SAO, you can skip most if not all the cut-scene events, so if they bother you a lot, you can just skip them and get to the main part of the game; the strong gameplay.

Hallow Fragment is a game that offers ALOT once you give it time and invest yourself into the game's mechanics. I loved the depth the game offered and that coming back in Hallow Realization is a wonderful thing.

There is a fan service in Hallow Fragment but don't let that make you write off a fun game.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the info but I think pandering on the level as described in what I read about it is a deal-breaker for me.

Maybe I should get that God Eater game...

Powwa

No, I could name you plenty of Vita games which have them, because they were basically the european version on a cartridge: Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess, Final Fantasy X & X-2, Oreshika, Souls Sacrifice Delta etc.

For Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth even the DLC worked. It was in english tough, because it never got the EFGIS treatment here.

That's weird I have Oreshika and Soul Sacrifice Delta but never noticed the different language options. Well my copy should arrive in a couple days, I'll write here if noone answers.

RK128

Thanks for the info but I think pandering on the level as described in what I read about it is a deal-breaker for me.

Maybe I should get that God Eater game...

I have a high tolerance for fan service and get a kick out of the humor it can offer but I understand your point. If it makes thing's any better, Lost Song doesn't have much pandering compared to Hallow Fragment (to me at least), so if you want to give that a shot I think you will like it.

Top Bottom