• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Rogue Raiders Online is still in the prototyping stage, but seems to be making very good progress. Kickstarter should be coming at the end of October:

CuZzl0VWIAAg--V.jpg

RK128

Will make sure to have some money ready for the Kickstarter's launch. Want to show support for the title and this will be my very first Kickstarter.

Rofl. So much for this:

https://twitter.com/NISAinEurope/status/743085486865063936

Are both physical releases?

That is correct! Physical and digital releases. ^^

I guess I'll just import the Sony-Asian version in English if that's the case:

https://blog.asia.playstation.com/h...sian-languages-will-be-available-for-ps4-and/

edit: Also am I reading that wrong, or are they saying they're releasing Double Focus as a free download for PS4 owners who buy it but not Vita?

RK128

Rofl. So much for this:

https://twitter.com/NISAinEurope/status/743085486865063936

I guess I'll just import the Sony-Asian version in English if that's the case:

https://blog.asia.playstation.com/h...sian-languages-will-be-available-for-ps4-and/

edit: Also am I reading that wrong, or are they saying they're releasing Double Focus as a free download for PS4 owners who buy it but not Vita?

I'm a bit confused here; is Double Focus a PS Vita title? Or is it a PS4 only title?

As you just said Double Focus is a PS Vita game.........

Edit: Never mind, just got the press release from NIS America explaining this.

I'm a bit confused here; is Double Focus a PS Vita title? Or is it a PS4 only title?

As you just said Double Focus is a PS Vita game.........

Edit: Never mind, just got the press release from NIS America explaining this.

Fancy explaining it to me? :p

Double Focus released on Vita in Japan. No idea about whether it released on PS4. That post in the blog was a bit confusing.

RK128

Fancy explaining it to me? :p

Double Focus released on Vita in Japan. No idea about whether it released on PS4. That post in the blog was a bit confusing.

Sure! Will share the press details I got below.

Double Focus Announcement:
"We're happy to announce that Touhou Double Focus will be available for the PlayStation®4 and PSVita in North America on February 7, 2017 and Europe on February 10, 2017! All physical PS4 copies of Touhou Genso Wanderer at launch will include a free copy of the 2D platformer Touhou Double Focus (while supplies last)!"

Genso Wander New Trailer & Pre-Order Bonus:
"We are happy to announce Touhou Genso Wanderer will be headed to North America on February 7, 2017 and Europe on February 10, 2017! Touhou Genso Wanderer will be available on PS4 (physical and digital) and PS Vita (digital-only).

As an added bonus, all physical PS4 copies of Touhou Genso Wanderer at launch includes a free copy of the 2D platformer Touhou Double Focus (while supplies last)!"

Edit: So basically no word regarding WHY the Vita release of Genso Wander isn't getting Double Focus as a bonus but the PS4 details were explained in the press releases.

Sure! Will share the press details I got below.

Double Focus Announcement:
"We're happy to announce that Touhou Double Focus will be available for the PlayStation®4 and PSVita in North America on February 7, 2017 and Europe on February 10, 2017! All physical PS4 copies of Touhou Genso Wanderer at launch will include a free copy of the 2D platformer Touhou Double Focus (while supplies last)!"

Genso Wander New Trailer & Pre-Order Bonus:
"We are happy to announce Touhou Genso Wanderer will be headed to North America on February 7, 2017 and Europe on February 10, 2017! Touhou Genso Wanderer will be available on PS4 (physical and digital) and PS Vita (digital-only).

As an added bonus, all physical PS4 copies of Touhou Genso Wanderer at launch includes a free copy of the 2D platformer Touhou Double Focus (while supplies last)!"

Edit: So basically no word regarding WHY the Vita release of Genso Wander isn't getting Double Focus as a bonus but the PS4 details were explained in the press releases.

Thanks very much mate :)

So Double Focus is coming to Vita... we just have to pay for it vs. it being thrown in with the PS4 version. Well gee, thanks.

So, World longest 5 minutes will be also digital only for vita or not?

No clue yet, doubt we will until closer to release. This has got me worrying about God Wars though. I hope we get that one physically.

I think NISA is making a mistake by putting these out physically at all. Im all for physical media but I can't imagine many people buy these rather low quality fan games in stores. XSEED did it right by publishing Scarlet Curiosity digitally.

Anyway I wouldn't consider this a sign that NISA has abandoned the Vita just yet.

RK128

Thanks very much mate :)

So Double Focus is coming to Vita... we just have to pay for it vs. it being thrown in with the PS4 version. Well gee, thanks.

No clue yet, doubt we will until closer to release. This has got me worrying about God Wars though. I hope we get that one physically.

No problem man :D!

I don't get this decision either but maybe NIS America can explain this in a later press release.

Maybe they figured due to the higher price of the PS4 version (59.99) they can give an extra game out with it while the Vita version (39.99) only comes with one game due to the price point.

I think NISA is making a mistake by putting these out physically at all. Im all for physical media but I can't imagine many people buy these rather low quality fan games in stores. XSEED did it right by publishing Scarlet Curiosity digitally.

Anyway I wouldn't consider this a sign that NISA has abandoned the Vita just yet.

Wait a minute....these are FAN games?

.....As someone in the Sonic Community, kudos for NIS America for supporting fan developed projects on this scale :D!

And I also feel NIS America isn't done with the Vita yet. They have stuff coming on 2017 and we will likely hear about more localizations as time goes on.

Shinriji

Don't sleep on Genso Wanderer, it is a really good roguelike, as good as Shiren (the DLC is pretty amazing as well). Double Focus is shit though.

Fair enough. XSEED put out their Touhou game digitally, though NISA got Bullet Battle out physically.

I guess just because they're doing one and not the other it's a bit of a bummer. Never mind!

No problem man :D!

I don't get this decision either but maybe NIS America can explain this in a later press release.

Maybe they figured due to the higher price of the PS4 version (59.99) they can give an extra game out with it while the Vita version (39.99) only comes with one game due to the price point.

Wait a minute....these are FAN games?

.....As someone in the Sonic Community, kudos for NIS America for supporting fan developed projects on this scale :D!

And I also feel NIS America isn't done with the Vita yet. They have stuff coming on 2017 and we will likely hear about more localizations as time goes on.
The term "fan game" may be a bit misleading because the Touhou license is kind of weird. I think we would just call them indie games, not sure of there's even a difference. But I always see people calling them fan games.
Don't sleep on Genso Wanderer, it is a really good roguelike, as good as Shiren (the DLC is pretty amazing as well). Double Focus is shit though.
Yeah people keep telling me but I have no connection to the license and I can't get over the art style. I'll pick it up on a digital sale probably

Tohsaka

NISA is still releasing Vita-only games like CG2 so I'm not concerned about them abandoning the platform anytime soon really. Hopefully they announce a localization of Coven soon though, really want to play that.

RK128

The term "fan game" may be a bit misleading because the Touhou license is kind of weird. I think we would just call them indie games, not sure of there's even a difference. But I always see people calling them fan games.

Yeah people keep telling me but I have no connection to the license and I can't get over the art style. I'll pick it up on a digital sale probably

Okay, thank you for clearing that up Yian :).

NISA is still releasing Vita-only games like CG2 so I'm not concerned about them abandoning the platform anytime soon really. Hopefully they announce a localization of Coven soon though, really want to play that.

They did a great job with that game and will share my full thoughts on CG2 later today via review. But I also feel they have more Vita productions in the works for NA/EU in 2017 :).

They did a great job with that game and will share my full thoughts on CG2 later today via review. But I also feel they have more Vita productions in the works for NA/EU in 2017 :).

Like God Wars and World's Longest Five Minutes? I get that feeling too!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Rogue Raiders Online is still in the prototyping stage, but seems to be making very good progress. Kickstarter should be coming at the end of October:
I said it looked too good for a indie vita game, now i say it looks too good even for a big vita game lol, i really hope it will run perfectly.

I hope to be wrong but i don't think that it will remain vita exclusive with a kickstarter, it will have pc and other consoles tiers for sure, again exclusivity isn't important for me, but i hope the focus won't shift to bigger platforms ending like that driving game for wiiu that was released everywhere except the wiiu IIRC.

I just started Persona 4: Golden after having looking forward to it for a while. Is there really supposed to be this...much motion blur or ghosting when the character moves? It's very disorienting.

Saphirax

Well, they released Stranger and CG2 this year so it's not impossible. I know CG2 isn't first-person but it is still a dungeon crawler pretty much.

The issue is mostly about platforms. They released SoSC on Steam and everyone knows CG2 will end up there as well. Seeing how Coven is their IP they could easily do the same, but DG2 would depend on EXP inc, I assume.

RK128

The issue is mostly about platforms. They released SoSC on Steam and everyone knows CG2 will end up there as well. Seeing how Coven is their IP they could easily do the same, but DG2 would depend on EXP inc, I assume.

It could be a case that Coven releases early next year (before May/June) with it's PC port coming in August while Demon Gaze 2 Releases in September while that PC port comes out in December or something like that.

Saphirax

It could be a case that Coven releases early next year (before May/June) with it's PC port coming in August while Demon Gaze 2 Releases in September while that PC port comes out in December or something like that.

It's possible, maybe NISA will announce it alongside Danganronpa V3 :p. If I'm not mistaken, they have a press conference in February every year?

The USK has rated Wanted Corp from EKO Software (Handball 16, How to Survive) for Vita. Looks like a port of the 2011 PS3 and PC game (it even got a physical release!) might be hitting our handhelds.

PZxdexO.png

From the Metacritic page:

"Taking on the roles of Neal H. MadDogg"

Rofl.

Anyway, sounds okay. I wonder what in the hell made them decide to bring this to Vita. And not How to Survive, which received a much better critical reception.

I said it looked too good for a indie vita game, now i say it looks too good even for a big vita game lol, i really hope it will run perfectly.

I hope to be wrong but i don't think that it will remain vita exclusive with a kickstarter, it will have pc and other consoles tiers for sure, again exclusivity isn't important for me, but i hope the focus won't shift to bigger platforms ending like that driving game for wiiu that was released everywhere except the wiiu IIRC.

I assumed by "that driving game" you mean 90's Arcade Racer, which still hasn't released anywhere haha.

But no, I'm pretty sure it'll be Vita exclusive or nothing:

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/785163679843180544

She's a Vita fangirl and she's doing this for love of the platform. FYI she used to be a developer in Virtual Toys (Muppet Movie Adventures; Looney Tunes Galactic Sports; Phineas & Ferb Day of Doofensmirtz) and presumably was one of the mass firings from there earlier this year. She had this to say about her time there:

it was fun to work there. My speciality is console dev & wanted to do vita games so it was a perfect match

I dunno. Sir Eatsalot is coming exclusively to Vita; Cyberthreat is coming to Vita & PC, so we are seeing these fan-made games coming to the platform late in its life. I guess we'll just have to see what happens with the Kickstarter!

She's a Vita fangirl and she's doing this for love of the platform. FYI she used to be a developer in Virtual Toys (Muppet Movie Adventures; Looney Tunes Galactic Sports; Phineas & Ferb Day of Doofensmirtz) and presumably was one of the mass firings from there earlier this year.

That's cool to hear her development history. I also have all three of those Vita games on my shelf.

Now I can totally see the vibe and quality she's targeting with what she showed so far. A little kitsche, but in the right way. I'll keep watching and see how it feels.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Not Exp as they are not the publisher its Kadokawa which has control of the IP. Its the same with Ray Gigant for example which is Bandai Namco's call on anything related to it. The Op Abyss / Babel is MAGES / 5pb.

Only thing in the West the Exp Inc seemed to have control of what went on with it themselves was SOSC.

In Japan I think the Generation Xth series they control, though not 100% sure on Cross Blood as do not remember exactly if they self published it on the PC. The Vita ver was cyberfront? though think Kadokawa helped later on with for infinity ultimate? Dont have all the boxes laying around to look at. Also Students of Round was their IP though think the Xbox 360 and PSP versions kadokawa helped publish, the PC Students of Round was self published. Also the SOSC games are controlled by Exp in Japan.

Dunno if NISA would be up for releasing 2 drpgs in a year though...

If they want money they better. Since even NISA seems to understand that the Vita market in the West is not exactly healthy at this point in time which is not going to change as time passes. Which is why they seem to be moving more towards steam and PS4.

They would be better off getting as many of the Vita titles out as soon as possible honestly. Since the existing market base does seem to just purchase stuff regardless and NISA has its own fairly strong fanbase to support that.

Would be interesting / nice if Coven did make its way over to the PC since that was a pretty damned solid game and think it would do well on steam also.

Saphirax

Not Exp as they are not the publisher its Kadokawa which has control of the IP. Its the same with Ray Gigant for example which is Bandai Namco's call on anything related to it. The Op Abyss / Babel is MAGES / 5pb.

Only thing in the West the Exp Inc seemed to have control of what went on with it themselves was SOSC.

In Japan I think the Generation Xth series they control, though not 100% sure on Cross Blood as do not remember exactly if they self published it on the PC. The Vita ver was cyberfront? though think Kadokawa helped later on with for infinity ultimate? Dont have all the boxes laying around to look at. Also Students of the Round was their IP though think the Xbox One and PSP versions kadokawa helped publish. Also the SOSC games are controlled by Exp in Japan.

If they want money they better. Since even NISA seems to understand that the Vita market in the West is not exactly healthy at this point in time which is not going to change as time passes. Which is why they seem to be moving more towards steam and PS4.

They would be better off getting as many of the Vita titles out as soon as possible honestly. Since the existing market base does seem to just purchase stuff regardless and NISA has its own fairly strong fanbase to support that.

Would be interesting / nice if Coven did make its way over to the PC since that was a pretty damned solid game and think it would do well on steam also.

Oops, yeah it's Kadokawa. At least the first DG sold well enough. I do hope they bring both. Seeing how NISA has a bunch of games for early 2017, we'll probably have to wait for their press conference.

Interview with Kazumasa Habu about Digimon World Next Order

There's a part that talks about the whole english text being in the chinese version thing.
basically: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm probably just slow to catch on to the obvious, but I've slowly realized some of the inexplicable localization reluctance and playing dumb routines for a lot of these games is just not wanting us to have a cheaper handheld option, save on marketing multiple skus, and try to concentrate FW sales numbers on the one they put their weight behind. Same reason perfectly good recording artists sit on a label's roster for years, stuck in a 3-5 album contract, while the superstar is on their 10th studio release and positioned for visibility everywhere.

Same way game companies want to control their marketing narrative, regional release dates or bring you to their ecosystem, they want to corral where and how you can give them money. It's revealed itself a lot more because of how midtier licensed games are in full swing from a company like Namco intersects with handheld still being mandatory in Japan and Vita being able to run basically anything that's not exactly taking advantage of current gen consoles, in a way that previous handhelds were never able to. So you're getting this frequently visible $40 resent out of it and that's why stating the obvious and talking sense like 'but you're losing sales!' is ineffective. They already know.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I assumed by "that driving game" you mean 90's Arcade Racer, which still hasn't released anywhere haha.

But no, I'm pretty sure it'll be Vita exclusive or nothing:

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/785163679843180544

She's a Vita fangirl and she's doing this for love of the platform. FYI she used to be a developer in Virtual Toys (Muppet Movie Adventures; Looney Tunes Galactic Sports; Phineas & Ferb Day of Doofensmirtz) and presumably was one of the mass firings from there earlier this year. She had this to say about her time there:

I dunno. Sir Eatsalot is coming exclusively to Vita; Cyberthreat is coming to Vita & PC, so we are seeing these fan-made games coming to the platform late in its life. I guess we'll just have to see what happens with the Kickstarter!

Oh yeah that's the game, well i guess that being no more planned for wiiu is more correct then lol.

I wish all the best for her and the game, i'm not too fond on the "final love letter" part though.

Got my replacement Vita today - will be few long hours in the office till i get home to unpack it :D
I hope slim is as good as people say it is compared to fat.

Top Bottom