• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

RK128

Maybe you are right, but if i had to fund something i want to know as much as possible about that something, i want to see what i could fund, i don't care about people faces and words, but it's just me i guess.

this is also by one person
attachment.php
tumblr_obicganAYI1u10jf6o8_r2_500.gif

Glad how up-front the developer is about the project on Kickstarter, so glad she presented the project the way she did.

Also, that game you linked to via gifs got much better reception on Gaf for one reason; it is a PS4/X1/PC title (now PS4 time exclusive). People on Gaf just like those platforms more, so natually there was less issue with the person showing the game off with the trailer. I personally loved the trailer, but I also enjoyed the footage released on Rogue Raiders as well.

I stand by my thinking that many on the gaming side on Gaf just dislike the Vita, so people right away calling the game an 'asset flip' has me not agreeing with them but laughing at them a bit. Of course she will be using some assets she purchased online; she is starting the project by herself and will be using original assets as development continues.

But nah, let's just ignore logic for a moment and laugh at the game, because it is 'stupid' to be making a Vita exclusive in 2017, right guys!?

Ugh :(...... Honestly glad I don't post much on this forum anymore.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Maybe you are right, but if i had to fund something i want to know as much as possible about that something, i want to see what i could fund, i don't care about people faces and words, but it's just me i guess.

this is also by one person
attachment.php
http://66.media.tumblr.com/563f7c7a9e877763dfc2bbf77e50f093/tumblr_obicganAYI1u10jf6o8_r2_500.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

I don't doubt one person can make a pretty game. Adding in networking is a whole other hurdle.
That being said, that particular game isn't out nor due until 2018 at the earliest and he has said he's "getting support from Sony and other devs".

What that means, I don't know.

I don't doubt one person can make a pretty game. Adding in networking is a whole other hurdle.
That being said, that particular game isn't out nor due until 2018 at the earliest and he has said he's "getting support from Sony and other devs".

Everything he'd shown prior to this month was stuff he'd done by himself, though.

Time is the biggest factor on Rogue Raider's side. Getting it out before Vita completely goes might be difficult and it might be difficult to get money from people for that reason "I won't be playing my Vita in 2018!")

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Glad how up-front the developer is about the project on Kickstarter, so glad she presented the project the way she did.

Also, that game you linked to via gifs got much better reception on Gaf for one reason; it is a PS4/X1/PC title (now PS4 time exclusive). People on Gaf just like those platforms more, so natually there was less issue with the person showing the game off with the trailer. I personally loved the trailer, but I also enjoyed the footage released on Rogue Raiders as well.

I stand by my thinking that many on the gaming side on Gaf just dislike the Vita, so people right away calling the game an 'asset flip' has me not agreeing with them but laughing at them a bit. Of course she will be using some assets she purchased online; she is starting the project by herself and will be using original assets as development continues.

But nah, let's just ignore logic for a moment and laugh at the game, because it is 'stupid' to be making a Vita exclusive in 2017, right guys!?

Ugh :(...... Honestly glad I don't post much on this forum anymore.
It's a vita exclusive and it's made by a woman... with time i learned that many gamers are misogynist(i couldn't even imagine that some people have problem playing as a female lol)

That game also uses a hell of a lot of pre-made assets. It's just more instantly impressive than Rogue Raiders which is likely why it's gotten better feedback.

Remember that:
-she's a professional developer, she has already worked on released vita games, so i think we can trust her
-even if the game releases on 2018 vita won't suddenly disappear on that date, we'll keep getting games in 2017(danganronpa 3, summon night 6, super robot wars just to say 3 names) and i'm sure we'll keep getting some small and indie games even in early 2018, so why it can't be one of those?

RK128

It's a vita exclusive and it's made by a woman... with time i learned that many gamers are misogynist(i couldn't even imagine that some people have problem playing as a female lol)

Remember that:
-she's a professional developer, she has already worked on released vita games, so i think we can trust her
-even if the game releases on 2018 vita won't suddenly disappear on that date, we'll keep getting games in 2017(danganronpa 3, summon night 6, super robot wars just to say 3 names) and i'm sure we'll keep getting some small and indie games even in early 2018, so why it can't be one of those?

I didn't even think of that being a reason why people are being harsh on the game :(. Fucking horrible if that really is the case.

I agree; I don't see the issue with this releasing next year when other titles are releasing on the Vita in 2017.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Remember that:

I meant the game you gave me an example of isn't due until 2018 at the earliest. I only say that to mean it isn't completed so anything can happen.

Games can release anytime. No problem with that. But only $35k to sustain yourself for that long...
I'm assuming she's still working full time elsewhere to sustain herself.

I wish her the best all the same. I would love to be wrong.

Update on Binding of Isaac Afterbirth for Vita:

PS Vita version
We still haven’t given up on this one, but it’s a VERY low priority. The optimization involved for acceptable performance is a big deal. The little Vita doesn’t like crazy weapon combos.

Consoles are gonna get Afterbirth+ before we get this lol, if we do even get it at all.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Weird. From the outside Binding of Isaac really doesn't seem like it would be a demanding game when it comes to performance.

Each bullet has a combination of many effects, so the game has to combine all the effects for each bullet(path, visual effects, various controls and so on), multiply this for each bullet in each frame and you can understand, it needs a good cpu, it has to be seen if the engine is well optimized or more optimizations would be possible though.

RK128

Nice one. I like the breakup you do in the review. Same score I gave it as well. Cool. I hope people give this a chance. We need rose twilight castle whatever asap.

Thank you! I want to be sure how every part of a game 'works', so breaking it down is a nice way to describe parts of the game. Very happy you liked my review man :D!

I think we will be getting Rose Twilight Castle in the future.

RK128

Cristina is doing a Rogue Raiders Online AMA on reddit atm:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/59appd/im_the_developer_behind_rogue_raiders_online_ama/

Game's 10% funded atm. Not a bad result, but not sure how she's going to push the remaining 90.

That other 90% could come from every day getting a lot of media attention (though I think most if not all major Vita sites covered the Kickstarter already) and maybe even offering demos to the biggest Vita networks (Vita Lounge, GadgetGirlKyle, LatestVitaGames) so they can play the game and give it more exposure. The prototype she has complete does look far long after all.

Maybe she could work with Sony on releasing the demo on PSN or something, so that way people can play the game and then back it after playing it.

There are a number of ways to drum up interest in a project, so hope Cristina uses every avenue possible in pushing her project.

That other 90% could come from every day getting a lot of media attention (though I think most if not all major Vita sites covered the Kickstarter already) and maybe even offering demos to the biggest Vita networks (Vita Lounge, GadgetGirlKyle, LatestVitaGames) so they can play the game and give it more exposure. The prototype she has complete does look far long after all.

Maybe she could work with Sony on releasing the demo on PSN or something, so that way people can play the game and then back it after playing it.

There are a number of ways to drum up interest in a project, so hope Cristina uses every avenue possible in pushing her project.

Good points. I fear Sony will not be willing to help much unless this comes to PS4 as well as they have shown they dont give a fuck about Vita outside certain regions.

RK128

Good points. I fear Sony will not be willing to help much unless this comes to PS4 as well as they have shown they dont give a fuck about Vita outside certain regions.

While I do personally hope the game remains a Vita exclusive, I doubt Sony will do much for the project if it remains one :(. Like you said, they don't really care about the Vita. Granted, they responded to our shouting when Banner Saga was scrapped on Vita and got a different studio to work on the port, so who knows.

She's miles away from any of that. She doesn't even have a full time Vita devkit at the moment. Half of the reason for the KS is so she can get the funds to buy multiple kits.

I've been a big supporter of this project (you've seen my constant posts about it!) but I feel like if she doesn't get most of the way towards the goal in the first few days, it's very difficult to gain any momentum after that. Like you say, what sites with big readership are realistically going to report on a Vita game at this point?

As a side note, a conversation on another forum really got me thinking about the project. And I really feel the "online" part is a mistake for a Vita. For starters it's adding a load of extra cost (multiple dev kits plus network programming) and people are bullish about the likelihood of Vita maintaining its servers for much longer.

I'll support the project however it turns out, but imo she could do with taking it back to the drawing board - making it a well-crafted single-player game; focus on adding her own assets rather than using things from the Unity store etc. Then she can launch with a lower goal and add stretch goals for online and go from there.

Shizuka

Successful KS projects typically raise a lot more (%) than that in the first 2 or so days. But who knows. This is a bit of an atypical project anyway.

Gonna be a hectic month for Cristina.

If we judge from the typical Kickstarter standard, it's definitely not making the goal before the deadline.

RK128

Successful KS projects typically raise a lot more than that in the first 2 or so days. But who knows. This is a bit of an atypical project anyway.

Gonna be a hectic month for Cristina.

I think the game being Vita-Only is going to be the games biggest blessing and curse. On one hand, Vita owners will feel inclined to support this project as it will be a ten-poll 'Final' release for the system that pushes the platform. And it is noble of Cristina for wanting to develop a Vita only title despite many telling her 'Don't bother'.

But the Vita is not the most successful console and many dislike the Vita (Gaming Side of Gaf shows this in spades :(). So that is going to make things tricky......

RK128

She's miles away from any of that. She doesn't even have a full time Vita devkit at the moment. Half of the reason for the KS is so she can get the funds to buy multiple kits.

I've been a big supporter of this project (you've seen my constant posts about it!) but I feel like if she doesn't get most of the way towards the goal in the first few days, it's very difficult to gain any momentum after that. Like you say, what sites with big readership are realistically going to report on a Vita game at this point?

As a side note, a conversation on another forum really got me thinking about the project. And I really feel the "online" part is a mistake for a Vita. For starters it's adding a load of extra cost (multiple dev kits plus network programming) and people are bullish about the likelihood of Vita maintaining its servers for much longer.

I'll support the project however it turns out, but imo she could do with taking it back to the drawing board - making it a well-crafted single-player game; focus on adding her own assets rather than using things from the Unity store etc. Then she can launch with a lower goal and add stretch goals for online and go from there.

I do agree that she should re-tool the project a bit, so that way it will be cheaper to develop and have a higher chance at getting Kickstarter funding. I really hope Sony sends her a Vita development kit, as that would make things easier for her.

Saphirax

So, uhh...Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters:DSG finally released in Europe and...the ps4 version is cheaper than the vita and ps3 versions. How'd that happen? And no, there's no PS+ discount.

Shinriji

Why? The 4-player online is the only draw of the game.

Why? The 4-player online is the only draw of the game.

"For starters it's adding a load of extra cost (multiple dev kits plus network programming) and people are bullish about the likelihood of Vita maintaining its servers for much longer."

Lol?

It's not the draw of the game for me. I'd prefer it without. Doesn't seem to be a draw for many people since there's only 135 backers so far.

Saphirax

Do you always have weird prices like that? :p

PS4 is £2 more in the UK store. Seems random

Somewhat! Most Vita games are 35.96€ (I should just round it to 36...), with the exception of Aksys' games which tend to be around 5€ more expensive for some reason. But this is being handled by NISA. Seeing the game cheaper for ps4 made me think it could be a mistake. Turns out it's just the funky pricing :p.

Somewhat! Most Vita games are 35.96€ (I should just round it to 36...), with the exception of Aksys' games which tend to be around 5€ more expensive for some reason. But this is being handled by NISA. Seeing the game cheaper for ps4 made me think it could be a mistake. Turns out it's just the funky pricing :p.

Oh you don't have € and the store is in another currency. I thought you had just wonky € prices :p

Yeah looks like someone input the wrong number or something.

My day 1 patch for World of Final Fantasy is 528 MB and not the required 1.5 to 3 GB ballpark:

The VO is still unable to be toggled on, so I don't know where the English voice patch is. If it's not a patch that just hasn't gone live yet, then maybe it's DLC? I don't see it on the store even though WoFF is live already.

--->

Also, I don't know if anyone else was wondering ever since NISA first listed it, but I got Yomawari too and it is a duo cart with a launcher. Firefly Diary isn't a download code:

That makes it the only other duo cart I have other than Rayman Origins/Legends.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
My day 1 patch for World of Final Fantasy is 528 MB and not the required 1.5 to 3 GB ballpark:

The VO is still unable to be toggled on, so I don't know where the English voice patch is. If it's not a patch that just hasn't gone live yet, then maybe it's DLC? I don't see it on the store even though WoFF is live already.

Interesting. Do the patch notes say anything?
Edit: never mind. Pic didn't load until now.

Funny thing is, I can turn on the JPN VO after redeeming and downloading the DLC voucher that came in the box, even though there's still no sign of English yet.

Funny thing is, I can turn on the JPN VO after redeeming and downloading the DLC voucher that came in the box, even though there's still no sign of English yet.

I can't follow what's going on with this at all haha.

So base game with no patch - no voices whatsoever.

500MB patch - still can't turn English VO on.

However if you download the voucher for Japanese voices you can listen to them AFTER the patch.

Am I right with all that?

N° 2048

I can't follow what's going on with this at all haha.

So base game with no patch - no voices whatsoever.

500MB patch - still can't turn English VO on.

However if you download the voucher for Japanese voices you can listen to them AFTER the patch.

Am I right with all that?

No, even with the JP Voices code, English is still not able to be switched on.

English voices are completely M.I.A on Vita atm. Do not know about PS4.

Top Bottom