• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Is it me or is Yomawari not on US PSN?
It went up with the wrong price, it's currently being fixed.

I'm thinking it's possible the bundle may have been priced incorrectly too, since buying the two games separately would be only $35... at any rate, the bundle is also temporarily gone.

I can't follow what's going on with this at all haha.

So base game with no patch - no voices whatsoever.

500MB patch - still can't turn English VO on.

However if you download the voucher for Japanese voices you can listen to them AFTER the patch.

Am I right with all that?

Close. I just deleted to see what would happen without the 528 MB patch.

Turns out the JPN VO DLC by itself (671 MB) will allow you to set Japanese to ON even without the 528 MB patch. So it's 1204 MB on my Vita, and I'm guessing English VO (DLC? patch? who knows) will be roughly the same size as the JPN VO.

Of course, that's if English VO is ever going to appear on the store... or however it is they're doing it. Maybe it's still too early in the day for full PSN store update, or maybe they flat out forgot to put it up.

incpdo

So much negativity surrounding that upcoming Vita exclusive , even for you GAF, im impressed.
there are a lot of 1 man/woman developers that pulled off really impressive games(axiom verge, lone survivor, all the games from tacs games), the problem in this one is for the game too look to good to be truth it seems.
As a developer , just reading half of this must be really depressing.
I just wish her the best.

I just loooooove the Vita. I just received the Muppets and it's my worst game ever (and holy shit, did I play alot of bad games).

This game is crap in every way... gameplay, controls, fps, sound, interface, consistency....

This is made by Virtual Toys...

Clive

I'd rather not talk down a Kickstarter for a Vita exclusive by a Vita supporter but if you look at it with objective eyes, there is a lot of uncertainty in this project. Would anyone here have backed it if it wasn't a Vita exclusive?

I just loooooove the Vita. I just received the Muppets and it's my worst game ever (and holy shit, did I play alot of bad games).

This game is crap in every way... gameplay, controls, fps, sound, interface, consistency....

I hated it too.

Wasn't anything fundamentally wrong with it though, was just a very bland 2D platformer.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So much negativity surrounding that upcoming Vita exclusive , even for you GAF, im impressed.
there are a lot of 1 man/woman developers that pulled off really impressive games(axiom verge, lone survivor, all the games from tacs games), the problem in this one is for the game too look to good to be truth it seems.

All single player games mind you.
A 4 player PSO style adventure game... that's a bit tougher.

I'd support her with something less ambitious. Especially if she had a history with small games she's made via Minis or PSM. (I do realize she's made games as part of a team)

RK128

The reception the Kickstarter got on Gaf is just one reason I honestly felt a lack of motivation to post in the gaming side. I am honestly surprised a made a NeoGaf OT today but I think that is manly from Sir TapTap pushing me to do that (felt it was justified; the game needed spotlight and attention).

The real issue is that this game is on Vita. Lost Soul Aside is pulling the same thing with using assets not originally made by the developer and no one batted an eye lid for that. But oh no, someone does that for a Vita Kickstarter and now it is an asset flip. Ugh :l.

I get the worry, as making a Vita exclusive isn't he best move commercially but people should be more willing to to give the game a chance.

Close. I just deleted to see what would happen without the 528 MB patch.

Turns out the JPN VO DLC by itself (671 MB) will allow you to set Japanese to ON even without the 528 MB patch. So it's 1204 MB on my Vita, and I'm guessing English VO (DLC? patch? who knows) will be roughly the same size as the JPN VO.

Of course, that's if English VO is ever going to appear on the store... or however it is they're doing it. Maybe it's still too early in the day for full PSN store update, or maybe they flat out forgot to put it up.

i saw on reddit that if you buy the digital version you get ENG and JP DLC both in your download list. So until SE puts it up physical buyers are boned apparently.

N° 2048

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize for any trouble or inconvenience you have been experiencing with the voice over concern. The Vita version's code comes with a download for the Japanese voice-over pack which you can download from the PlayStation Store directly, after registering the code. The English voice-over pack will be available to download from the PlayStation Store in a few hours, as a free download. We ask for your patience while the English voice over pack is prepared for the PlayStation store.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

Soon I guess.

Man. Not that there will ever be a next time but just put it on the cart next time.

It was 2.7GB for the game someone said, right? Around 700 MB English VO would have fit well under the card limit. Aside from just convenience/lack-of-confusion and space, that would have been way better for future proofing the cart too.

Man. Not that there will ever be a next time but just put it on the cart next time.

It was 2.7GB for the game someone said, right? Around 700 MB English VO would have fit well under the card limit. Aside from just convenience/lack-of-confusion and space, that would have been way better for future proofing the cart too.

Vita card limit is about 3.3GB. That would be pushing it.

incpdo

There is nothing wrong with the muppets(there are worse things than this on the system) game technically speaking , is just boring, generic and dull. But is also a licensed game , so it is "work we have to do" for some devs . it pay the bills. I think if the game she is doing is from her fangirl side and passion for Vita is a totally different thing, also she has all the creative liberty she probably wants.

What i mean in general is , someone wants to do something because that someone loves the platform and all i see is forecasts of how bad , wrong or awful is gonna be , also that feeling i get a lot from this forum site of "its not gonna be enough" , it will never be ...for GAF.

There is nothing wrong with the muppets(there are worse things than this on the system) game technically speaking , is just boring, generic and dull. But is also a licensed game , so it is "work we have to do" for some devs . it pay the bills. I think if the game she is doing is from her fangirl side and passion for Vita is a totally different thing, also she has all the creative liberty she probably wants.

What i mean in general is , someone wants to do something because that someone loves the platform and all i see is forecasts of how bad , wrong or awful is gonna be , also that feeling i get a lot from this forum site of "its not gonna be enough" , it will never be ...for GAF.

I agree with you on the Muppets thing. It's not the terrible game some people want to make of it. There are far worse/more broken games on the Vita.

deadfolk

So the JP VO for WoFF is a download code in the box?

Is ti going to be possible to get it if I buy it digitally a few months down the line, or will it be exclusive? Wdyt?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lots of gaffers funded games based only on the concept art, almost 4 millions for mighty n9 just saying, others funded games with the promise of a vita version that got cancelled and there are other bad examples, now people is doubtful about Rogue Raider Online that is made by a developer that already worked on vita, whose video was all gameplay explaining rather in depth how it works and it's a vita exclusive meaning that the vita version can't be cancelled? Well don't be surprised if i'm skeptical.

Lots of gaffers funded games based only on the concept art, almost 4 millions for mighty n9 just saying, others funded games with the promise of a vita version that got cancelled and there are other bad examples, now people is doubtful about Rogue Raider Online that is made by a developer that already worked on vita, whose video was all gameplay explaining rather in depth how it works and it's a vita exclusive meaning that the vita version can't be cancelled? Well don't be surprised if i'm skeptical.

Well, that and maybe the fact that Inafune was involved...?

Having said that, if Inafune would try to pull that stunt again right now, it probably wouldn't be 4 million. But at the time him being involved was enough for many people to have them take their wallets.

Inafune already tried again with Red Ash

didn't go that well

That was not so much because he was burnt by how he handled Mighty Number 9, but rather because about half way through the campaign they announced they had signed a deal with some publisher and the game would be made regardless of how the KS project turned out. That announcement effectively tanked the campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend/posts/1308824

Anyway, Kamiya was right: https://twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/249735186936369153

I remember it a bit differently.

The orignal goal of 800k was only for a small part of the game, the campaign didn't get any traction because of that and KS/Inafune fatigue, so it would never reach the stretch goals needed for a full game, damaging it even more. The FUZE announcement came at the very last minute when it was already clear it wasn't happening anyway.

Anyway, whatever it was, KS is a very different place now than it was back then, people are much more cautious.

I don't know if this is particularly 'news' since it wasn't listed in the OP as games coming to Vita anyway, but it sounds like the Vita version of Vektor Wars is on the ropes:

https://twitter.com/SuperIconLtd/status/791211693900718080

I'd like to - but it is looking unlikely due to technical reasons. Hoping to get new Pixel and Best Buds onto Vita though.

For anyone who's unfamiliar, it's a neon-soaked retro-style FPS that's already released for PC & Wii U:

3216224539.png

If you're interested, maybe send them a tweet about it.

On the plus side, at least Best Buds vs. Bad Guys and Life of Pixel are still coming.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well, that and maybe the fact that Inafune was involved...?

Having said that, if Inafune would try to pull that stunt again right now, it probably wouldn't be 4 million. But at the time him being involved was enough for many people to have them take their wallets.

That's why people shouldn't care about names and words, i don't care if a game have a big name, have big promises or it gets awesome reviews, i'll judge based on videos, demos and people's opinions, otherwise i would have sold my vita long time ago.

I dunno, Shenmue 3 and Bloodstained may have a better fate than mighty n9, but their kickstarters also got millions just with big name + concept art.

Well, like Inafune both of these guys get one shot at this, I guess. Gotta at least give industry legends like that the benefit of the doubt (despite what other ones may or may not have done in the past), which I assume most people have been doing with the projects you named.

I've backed Bloodstained myself (not Mighty No 9 or Shenmue 3). I had a better feeling with how the whole campaign was managed compared to the other 2. It was not so much about Iga to me. I was actually more thrilled with Michiru Yamane's involvement. And Fangamer handling the campaign also was a part that won me over. All felt professionally done, well prepared too, not like a lazy cash grab.

So far the project seems to be doing fairly well.

incpdo

I don't know if this is particularly 'news' since it wasn't listed in the OP as games coming to Vita anyway, but it sounds like the Vita version of Vektor Wars is on the ropes:

https://twitter.com/SuperIconLtd/status/791211693900718080

For anyone who's unfamiliar, it's a neon-soaked retro-style FPS that's already released for PC & Wii U:

If you're interested, maybe send them a tweet about it.

On the plus side, at least Best Buds vs. Bad Guys and Life of Pixel are still coming.

thats a shame , the oled screen would shine with this game.

Same for me. I was more exciting for VII on the 3DS but dropped the game in favor of Builders and never want back so far. Amazing game.

Yeah I love the concept of Dragon Quest, the setting the characters and the atmosphere, but the games can become a bit tedious. Builders is just the perfect alternative for me.

nice
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...hearts-coming-to-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-this-winter/

Kemco RPG called Asdivine Hearts coming to Vita (plus PS3 & PS4; cross-buy). Don't expect this in Europe judging by their previous games lol.
What happened to their previous games? For what it's worth, this one was also announced on the EU blog

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...rts-rolling-onto-ps4-ps3-and-ps-vita-in-2017/

I'm just praying for Net High/ C;H Noah/ YU-NO/ Fata Morgana to be announced. It hurts, man.

I would love each and every one of these in this order: Chaos Head > Yu-No > Net High > Fate Morgana.

Sadly I think that's the opposite order for their chances of localization, lol.

I would love each and every one of these in this order: Chaos Head > Yu-No > Net High > Fate Morgana.

Sadly I think that's the opposite order for their chances of localization, lol.

I disagree, that's the exact order for their localization likelihood IMO (FM bombed in the West and S;G is relatively very well known). lol

As for how much I want them, it probably goes like FM>the rest (can't decide between those three)

Top Bottom