• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Saphirax

God Wars Future Past - Debut Trailer

gw_le_ps4_1.jpg

Preorder the LE from NISA

Takao

Banned
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...hearts-coming-to-ps4-ps3-ps-vita-this-winter/

Kemco RPG called Asdivine Hearts coming to Vita (plus PS3 & PS4; cross-buy). Don't expect this in Europe judging by their previous games lol.

Interestingly, I don't think they've announced this port in Japan yet.

I was going to point out that this was the first time in years Kemco has self-published a console release in the west, but it looks like they've started doing the eShop releases internally now. No more Natsume typos or Nicalis train wrecks.

Just a heads up that Root Letter is fantastic. (I'm only just over an hour in but if this keeps up, it might be a serious GOTY contender).

Also, you know, keep buying pqube-published VNs so they can bring us more Science Adventure, etc.

I don't like these expensive limited editions.

Rarely do they offer you value for money imo. I've completely had it with the OST samplers and 40-page art booklets. They're pretty much always appetizers for the real OSTs and art books that publishers try to sell you separately. Only you actually get charged quite a bit for those appetizers.

Just a heads up that Root Letter is fantastic. (I'm only just over an hour in but if this keeps up, it might be a serious GOTY contender).

Also, you know, keep buying pqube-published VNs so they can bring us more Science Adventure, etc.

CvyfWQEWAAAb7fO.jpg

I did my bit for Vita island today. I can't afford this month, had some car repairs which really cut my wallet down and I'm going to London on the 18th Nov (payday is 20th).

Then LRG announced they're literally bombing us with releases; plus Dragon Quest Builders is November 3rd.

And yet still I found the money to buy those two, haha. And if Steins;Gate 0 releases before the 20th, then I'm royally screwed because that's a day 0-er.

18-Volt

So let me get it straight; "mystery announcement" of NISA is God Wars and "mystery announcement" of PQube is Akiba's Beat, right? And there is still no word on Akiba's Beat Vita version.

I'm quite disappointed.

Saphirax

So let me get it straight; "mystery announcement" of NISA is God Wars and "mystery announcement" of PQube is Akiba's Beat, right? And there is still no word on Akiba's Beat Vita version.

I'm quite disappointed.

No, NISA's announcement is Silver Case for PS4.

FDC1

World of Final Fantasy, Root Letter, Exile's End and Yomawari (€19.99 alone, €29.99 with Htolniq) are up on the european stores. Great week.

Shizuka

The release date is pretty much confirmed, since they said last week that it'd be announced this week. I still believe they'll announce Chaos;Child or another game.

Interesting. Already ordered my copy (of course, gotta support VNs and PQube), but I'm curious to see the reception from the West. JP seemed lukewarm, but I've learned not to trust those. They always nitpick and complain about the dumbest shit.

Interesting. Already ordered my copy (of course, gotta support VNs and PQube), but I'm curious to see the reception from the West. JP seemed lukewarm, but I've learned not to trust those. They always nitpick and complain about the dumbest shit.

I remember when they spammed amazon jp with 1 star reviews for Etrian 2 Untold because it had DLC and it turned out to be my favourite Etrian game lol.

Sweet! My copy should arrive in a few days.

So, in this week's "a Vita fan is developing a Vita game" development, Nicholas Marcelin, relatively famous Vita youtuber, is making an open-world 3D platformer for Vita:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN3hXZ3gnMM

Joining the ranks of Sir Eatsalot; Cyberthreat and Rogue Raiders Online. And I have it on good authority that an even more famous youtuber is developer a JRPG for Vita (and other platforms) to be revealed next year (I'm probably gonna get in trouble for revealing this lol).

It's lovely to see fans of the console pushing content like this. I hope it all comes to fruition. This one looks overly ambitious, but it's still cool to see.

Atelier Firis trophies are out in English, if there was any doubt of it coming over, which there wasn't.

I want Root Letter, but why does VGP keep getting these exclusives? I want to just buy it on Amazon.

Saphirax

Atelier Firis trophies are out in English, if there was any doubt of it coming over, which there wasn't.

I want Root Letter, but why does VGP keep getting these exclusives? I want to just buy it on Amazon.

Was already announced for localization during TGS. We'll probably get the game around summer, just like Atelier Sophie.

Happy to be getting them at all but
Amazon Prime: $50 minus 20% off pre-orders and free shipping
VGP: $50 plus $3 shipping

That's a $13 difference on a $50 game.

Basically this. It's a minor nitpick, but it's annoying that US can get it through Amazon and we can't. It seems like something VGP is doing to us rather than for us. Like I don't buy that this exclusivity was required to release it here.

May have to just vote with my wallet and not get it right away. Same with S;G0. There's a ton to play in the Fall anyway.

May have to just vote with my wallet and not get it right away. Same with S;G0. There's a ton to play in the Fall anyway.

If you want the games more widely distributed, voting with your wallet and making them unsuccessful will not help. These are tiny games published physically in NA by a company in Europe. Not even Atlus or XSEED manage to do that the other way around. If it was the other way, you'd have to wait 2+ months or get the games digital only.

Buy it and write an email to PQube if you want them to know.

I get people always want their stuff at the cheapest price possible, but maybe that's not always the best way to get more localizations. Sometimes that's just worth the extra 10 bucks you know.

Do NOT vote with your wallet and ignore Steins;Gate 0. Please. Omg please no. I want as much Science Adventure as I can consume in the west and that's only going to happen if these games keep selling well.

As a european I have to import alot to get all the nice retail versions from Aksys, XSEED and co. I can only smile about these complainments. I agree with my predecessors. Buy the games and write to the publishers if you like. Ignoring the games won't help at all.

yaffi

If you want the games more widely distributed, voting with your wallet and making them unsuccessful will not help. These are tiny games published physically in NA by a company in Europe. Not even Atlus or XSEED manage to do that the other way around. If it was the other way, you'd have to wait 2+ months or get the games digital only.

Buy it and write an email to PQube if you want them to know.

I get people always want their stuff at the cheapest price possible, but maybe that's not always the best way to get more localizations. Sometimes that's just worth the extra 10 bucks you know.

I imported Senran Kagura for the Vita from Japan back then. I'm pretty sure I'm the sole reason XSeed started localizing these games!

RK128

I responded to the Twitter of Rogue Raiders Online about how people are viewing it as an asset flip and how I felt that was a false statement to make. I got a lot of responses back from the official twitter.

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/792057986529234944
"some people just ask to create an entire engine from scratch, work a year in a prototype. show final quality. Then say "nah I pass""

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/792059352253366272
"about unity. Looney tunes has ad hoc support. Try find another unity game with it."

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/792059873416638464
"phineas and Ferb has AR. From what I know no other unity vita game has supported it either. We had to "hack" engine to do it."

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/792061153111379968
"and all of them were made in months, no missing deadlines no patches needed. Had small budgets, muppets was 2 main programmers only!"

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/792056430618677248
"about online I did a multiplatform network library used by various games."

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/792054838045577217
"I worked with havok vision engine. Were the only ones releasing in PS3. Others using same engine like gothic had to cancel PS3 ver."

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/792054200171716609
"sadly its difficult since source code is not a visual thing. You can't really show to non developers your technical skills."

https://twitter.com/Rogue_Raiders/status/792061153111379968
"and all of them were made in months, no missing deadlines no patches needed. Had small budgets, muppets was 2 main programmers only!"

I think people have already made their mind up about this project. It's a shame, but for whatever reason it just wasn't the right project at the right time (post NMS dehype; burnout from failed Vita Kickstarters; asking for too little/too much money depending on who you ask).

Hopefully, it won't be the end of Rogue Raiders Online for Vita, but we'll have to see what Cristina thinks.

RK128

I think people have already made their mind up about this project. It's a shame, but for whatever reason it just wasn't the right project at the right time (post NMS dehype; burnout from failed Vita Kickstarters; asking for too little/too much money depending on who you ask).

Hopefully, it won't be the end of Rogue Raiders Online for Vita, but we'll have to see what Cristina thinks.

Yep :l. At the very least, she tried and the project has a few more weeks, so maybe it can hit it's funding goal.

Yep :l. At the very least, she tried and the project has a few more weeks, so maybe it can hit it's funding goal.

We'll see where it goes, but most Kickstarters get the majority of their pledges in the first couple of days and last couple of days. I fail to see how she's going to raise like 28k in the remaining time she's got.

My hope is she doesn't drop the project entirely - maybe just put it on the backburner, open up a Patreon page to accept pledges and then slowly work on a smaller-scope version of it. A man can dream huh?

Top Bottom