• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

L.O.R.D

Not sure how accurate random Gamefaqs dude is, but I've seen people say the base game is 2.7gbs, which would mean a single language of voice work is more than .6gbs (Vita cart size is 3.3gbs max).

from the back cover it says the game requires a 3GB from memory card

_57.jpg

so i guess the sound files are 2GB or more.

Nah it will probably just include the voices for each region, considering the "day one edition" dlc for the West has Japanese voices.

yah,i think you are right.
there is option in the game to chose what language of voice you want in the NA version,so you download both eng and jp voices.

L.O.R.D

Wait a minute, the game is on a cart, right? 3gbs is about the size of a full length rpg, with voices. How does this game require 3gbs out of the box?

it's 2.7GB in the cart without the voices.
3GB for is needed for the patch,the vita require double the space to download and install,so i think the voice patch is exactly 1.5GB.

Lol, so there's seriously no voices on the cart?

But it's playable without voices right?

Maybe I'll play it old-school Final Fantasy style without voices, just like the good old VII/VIII days :p

Saphirax

Maybe I'll play it old-school Final Fantasy style without voices, just like the good old VII/VIII days :p

Only English voices are on the cart. Japanese voices are available as DLC in all day 1 editions.

L.O.R.D

It's playable if you pretend there is no voice act at all,or you don't like the voice acting.
Even the cut scenes doesn't have voice.
it's like playing i am setsuna,but without voice during battles.

L.O.R.D

Only English voices are on the cart. Japanese voices are available as DLC in all day 1 editions.
No,there is no eng voice either in the cart,you can't even enable it in the option menu.

someone in twitter have the game,if you boot the game now it will not download the patch now.

bFLPXJh.jpg

also this screenshot from the option menu

NR2dFfr.jpg

Saphirax

No,there is no eng voice either in the cart,you can't even enable it in the option menu.

someone in twitter have the game,if you boot the game now it will not download the patch now.

bFLPXJh.jpg

also this screenshot from the option menu

NR2dFfr.jpg

Yikes. I was under the impression that only the Japanese voices weren't on the cart. I don't think SE mentioned anything about the game not having voices at all without the patch/DLC.

L.O.R.D

Yikes. I was under the impression that only the Japanese voices weren't on the cart. I don't think SE mentioned anything about the game not having voices at all without the patch/DLC.

i think the article in gematsu was wrong after all.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/world-fi...a-versions-compared-einhander-mirage-gameplay

The PS Vita version won’t, however, have Japanese voice-overs on the cartridge due to a lack of storage space. Square Enix will release the Japanese voice-overs as free downloadable content.

You know, this re-bumped 'Lost Souls Aside' thread has given me hope for Rogue Raiders Online.

I'm massively behind the project and willing to back it regardless, but every time I mention it there's always a reply or two that says "no way one woman is making this" and then I begin to doubt it myself and think "yeah it is really ambitious.

But that game is also a one-man project that looks up there with AAA games. Although the situations are different, it's made me realise what her plans likely are - lots of pre-bought assets; contracting someone to produce the assets that can't be bought which leaves her free to do most of the programming. Certainly it's what that dev seems to be doing with Lost Souls and it's not hurting the project because he's using the pre-bought assets well.

Anyway, I know I've mentioned it already, but the Kickstarter is on Monday. I really hope all the Vita faithful turn out for it and at least pledge something!

@Wreck

You know, this re-bumped 'Lost Souls Aside' thread has given me hope for Rogue Raiders Online.

I'm massively behind the project and willing to back it regardless, but every time I mention it there's always a reply or two that says "no way one woman is making this" and then I begin to doubt it myself and think "yeah it is really ambitious.

But that game is also a one-man project that looks up there with AAA games. Although the situations are different, it's made me realise what her plans likely are - lots of pre-bought assets; contracting someone to produce the assets that can't be bought which leaves her free to do most of the programming. Certainly it's what that dev seems to be doing with Lost Souls and it's not hurting the project because he's using the pre-bought assets well.

Anyway, I know I've mentioned it already, but the Kickstarter is on Monday. I really hope all the Vita faithful turn out for it and at least pledge something!

i'm in!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoGMroyP9yk

Rogue Raiders Online trailer. Kickstarter will be going live in just under 4 hours.

As a side note, she's said on Twitter that a local publisher has shown interest in the title, so she might be getting some extra funding from that!

The game looks extremely good and interesting, i have some suggestions for the video and the game though:

-"cred" instead of "crew"?
-i guess it's the developer speaking in the video, she need someone else to talk lol
-"all assets are placeholders and ugly", i wouldn't have said it for many reasons
-from the very little bit shown the combat needs improvements.
-from the video it isn't clear if the game has a single player component

In any case i would totally buy her game so i hope all the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoGMroyP9yk

Rogue Raiders Online trailer. Kickstarter will be going live in just under 4 hours.

As a side note, she's said on Twitter that a local publisher has shown interest in the title, so she might be getting some extra funding from that!

Not really the trailer I was hoping for tbh. This does nothing to sell the game to potential backers. And the project will probably need all help it can get.

Saphirax

The game looks extremely good and interesting, i have some suggestions for the video and the game though:

-"cred" instead of "crew"?
-i guess it's the developer speaking in the video, she need someone else to talk lol
-"all assets are placeholders and ugly", i wouldn't have said it for many reasons

In any case i would totally buy her game so i hope all the best.

Cred as in credibility, not crew.

Not really the trailer I was hoping for tbh. This does nothing to sell the game to potential backers. And the project will probably need all help it can get.

It's gonna need all the help it can get from being a Vita exclusive, lol. I thought the trailer was fine for what it showed (basically a montage of bits she's already teased).

I haven't got sound so I couldn't listen to it in work. Bad? She is Spanish though so I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

I'm assuming the single player content part will be cleared up in the actual campaign, this is just an earlier teaser after all.

Combat - game still very early, this is just a proof of concept which she's thrown together. I'm sure combat will be much more than this eventually.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I disagree, imo it's a "honest" trailer, there should be a lot more of those, instead of meaningless cutscenes, anime intros, explosions etc it shows the gameplay while explaining how it works, it's exactly what those who could fund it need to decide if it's worth their money.
The trailer could have been made better, but imo the promised gameplay, graphics and art style(it makes me think of no man's sky with rpg gameplay and 4 multiplayer coop) are really really good, and i'm not into animal characters...

Cred as in credibility, not crew.
Ah ok.

Yeah... No. It's definitely a game I'd purchase if the final form was more refined, but not a game I'd back on Kickstarter.

Haha, oh dear. When someone like Shizuka isn't even behind this project, it definitely isn't getting funded lol :(

I'm fine with backing - Kickstarter is always a gamble on whether a game gets made or not, and a game like this isn't getting made without it. I'm not expecting miracles but I'm happy to take a shot that something great will happen with it for once.

jzbluz

I'll be sad if the kickstarter fails since her passion for Vita is admirable, but it doesn't look like something that would interest me.

I disagree, imo it's a "honest" trailer, there should be a lot more of those, instead of meaningless cutscenes, anime intros, explosions etc it shows the gameplay while explaining how it works, it's exactly what those who could fund it need to decide if it's worth their money.
The trailer could have been made better, but imo the promised gameplay, graphics and art style(it makes me think of no man's sky with rpg gameplay and 4 multiplayer coop) are really really good, and i'm not into animal characters...

It's an ok trailer if it were just promoting an upcoming release.

It falls short however (imho) for a Kickstarter campaign. It's basically a mashup of text and video that she's already shared before, and a voice over reading said text. Honestly, I feel like the whole video is a bit of a lazy effort in that respect.

What you need for a Kickstarter trailer is a video of a developer making an appeal to potential backers, making people enthusiastic about your game. She should be in that video (not just her voice), explaining why she needs help for this campaign, and how she'll be using the funds.

For a Kickstarter campaign to be successful, you need to put a lot of preparation into it.
I'm fully aware that it's just her doing this, but she still needs to sell people on her game. Anyway, let's wait and see what the rest of the campaign's page looks like. But this is not the best possible start.

"Selling your game" doesn't mean being dishonest, btw. It means that you stress the strengths of your project and convince people it's worth investing in it.

Anyway, let's wait and see what the rest of the campaign's page looks like. But this is not the best possible start.

To be fair it does say "teaser trailer" in the description, so maybe it's just part of it. Plus I know she's bought a t-shirt that says 'Rogue Raiders Online' and she didn't appear in the video wearing it.

To be fair it does say "teaser trailer" in the description, so maybe it's just part of it. Plus I know she's bought a t-shirt that says 'Rogue Raiders Online' and she didn't appear in the video wearing it.

Well, let's hope it is because, as you said:

Haha, oh dear. When someone like Shizuka isn't even behind this project, it definitely isn't getting funded lol :(

I mean, you'd at least need Shizuka on board for this to work out, right?

Will 33k be enough to complete the game?

Asking for more than that is a death wish for a Vita exclusive in 2017, imo. Already probably a bit high regardless.

It's being ripped to shreds in the thread I made about it anyway, lol. I think people weren't expecting a Unity-made prototype and wanted something a bit more substantial, but she is making a niche product with a small budget and has to be realistic. I think she's done a good job with it but sadly I don't see many people seeing it that way!

RIP voices for me. India gets EU copies and I use US account. Guess ill cross save from PS4 review copy to a portable with no voices lol.

Asking for more than that is a death wish for a Vita exclusive in 2017, imo. Already probably a bit high regardless.

It's being ripped to shreds in the thread I made about it anyway, lol. I think people weren't expecting a Unity-made prototype and wanted something a bit more substantial, but she is making a niche product with a small budget and has to be realistic. I think she's done a good job with it but sadly I don't see many people seeing it that way!

I wouldda told you not to post a GAF thread. It will likely result in troll pledges that get pulled at the last minute. It's a very kitsche game for a very hated platform and the language barrier + communication so far makes it seem off color, which all combines with the blood frenzy, skepticism, arm chair quarterback and schadenfreude slurry that crowdsourcing results in anyway. Gotta know who's cool and who's not when you're looking for party people, if you know what I mean.

I wouldda told you not to post a GAF thread. It will likely result in troll pledges that get pulled at the last minute. It's a very kitsche game for a very hated platform and the language barrier + communication so far makes it seem off color, which all combines with the blood frenzy, skepticism, arm chair quarterback and schadenfreude slurry that crowdsourcing results in anyway. Gotta know who's cool and who's not when you're looking for party people, if you know what I mean.

I dunno. That's a bit like saying "just let the trolls win", isn't it?

There will just as well be a number of people who find out about the game/Kickstarter through this thread, and maybe back it.

I would agree if it was a few thousand she was asking for, but it's 33k. That kind of money, especially with the state Kickstarter is in at the moment, is "you need some kind of more mainstream exposure" in order to obtain (look at stuff like Light Fairytale and Tiny Metal failing miserably to get anywhere close to that amount). She's already going through all the mainstream Vita channels like Vita Lounge etc. and I don't think that'll get her close.

I know there are enough Vita fans out there that if we all pledged it'd get funded, but even now you're seeing hardcore supporters like Shizuka unsure about the project.

The way I figured, getting more exposure isn't going to hurt it. It won't get funded without it; and if there's troll pledges that get withdrawn then fair play, but it's not like that's changing the long-term outcome.

RK128

I honestly agree with this. If many of you noticed, I haven't posted on the gaming side of gaf much for a damn good reason; the form can be toxic and don't want to be a part of that. Gaf on Gaming Side dislike's the vita as it is, but seeing things like people calling Rogue Raiders an asset flip before the damn thing releases is.....sad to be honest :(.

I will try to give this game coverage on 3WIREL and my Twitter page when I can but I hope more members of the gaming press cover this title.

I honestly agree with this. If many of you noticed, I haven't posted on the gaming side of gaf much for a damn good reason; the form can be toxic and don't want to be a part of that. Gaf on Gaming Side dislike's the vita as it is, but seeing things like people calling Rogue Raiders an asset flip before the damn thing releases is.....sad to be honest :(.

I will try to give this game coverage on 3WIREL and my Twitter page when I can but I hope more members of the gaming press cover this title.

This has not so much to do with GAF being toxic imo, rather than with Kickstarter (and Steam Early Access for that matter) being rife with asset flip "projects". So it's fairly normal for people to be wary. In fact, they should be at this point. That is obviously disappointing for project starters with good intentions. But if you want "free money", that's just how things are right now.

RK128

What's "asset flip"?

I'll be honest. Even if the goal is met, I don't see this coming to fruition. She has the passion but this is too ambitious for one person.

Asset flips are projects/games that are built using Unity/Unreal Assets and....that is it. No original game mechanics, no unique textures/assets in addition to the purchased ones and even looking like a real game. Just a 'package' or 'building base' that you use for game development and making minor changes to make it a 'game' that you can sell on early access.

Jim Sterling does a great job talking about it, so watch this if you want further explanation on this subject.

No worries, Kresnik. I know it's a conundrum. Kickstarter's need support, and it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. I could say a lot about what we're all talking about now, but eh... it's not even worth it.

RK128

No worries, Kresnik. I know it's a conundrum. Kickstarter's need support, and it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. I could say a lot about what we're all talking about now, but eh... it's not even worth it.

Not going to bother saying anything more then I did on the thread page for Rogue Raiders. Feels like I waste my time breathing in the gaming side of Gaf sometimes :l. But at the very least, the game seems to be getting a lot of support on Twitter and major Vita sites are pushing it, so that is good.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's an ok trailer if it were just promoting an upcoming release.

It falls short however (imho) for a Kickstarter campaign. It's basically a mashup of text and video that she's already shared before, and a voice over reading said text. Honestly, I feel like the whole video is a bit of a lazy effort in that respect.

What you need for a Kickstarter trailer is a video of a developer making an appeal to potential backers, making people enthusiastic about your game. She should be in that video (not just her voice), explaining why she needs help for this campaign, and how she'll be using the funds.

For a Kickstarter campaign to be successful, you need to put a lot of preparation into it.
I'm fully aware that it's just her doing this, but she still needs to sell people on her game. Anyway, let's wait and see what the rest of the campaign's page looks like. But this is not the best possible start.

"Selling your game" doesn't mean being dishonest, btw. It means that you stress the strengths of your project and convince people it's worth investing in it.
Maybe you are right, but if i had to fund something i want to know as much as possible about that something, i want to see what i could fund, i don't care about people faces and words, but it's just me i guess.

What's "asset flip"?

I'll be honest. Even if the goal is met, I don't see this coming to fruition. She has the passion but this is too ambitious for one person.

this is also by one person
attachment.php
tumblr_obicganAYI1u10jf6o8_r2_500.gif

Top Bottom