• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Shizuka

A buddy of mine likes Japanese games so he bought a Vita. Persuaded him to buy P4G -He's very excited to about it!- and lent him my copy of Danganronpa 2 today. :)

Doing my part. VITA MEANS LIFE!

Playing Danganronpa 2 before the first one is far from ideal.
Specially because it's the worst Danganronpa title.

Playing Danganronpa 2 before the first one is far from ideal.
Specially because it's the worst Danganronpa title.

He played DR1's PSP version already apparently, haha. Would not have let him play 2 before 1 otherwise.
DR2 is easily the best Danganronpa has even been. Also, *ahem* Another Episode *ahem*

What a great morning on Vita Island

I hope Mary won't have important DLC because that sure won't work on my German account lol

Pretty sure the only dlc for the game is the different school uniforms and then the pink outfits they all got if you preordered the game. There's also been several patches so far, but you'll be fine on those since they're always region free.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Pretty sure the only dlc for the game is the different school uniforms and then the pink outfits they all got if you preordered the game. There's also been several patches so far, but you'll be fine on those since they're always region free.

Yeah its only the Sakura Miko outfit which was pre-order DLC. Adds an extra class to the game. There are no actual major skills tied to it, so its not like folks are missing out on anything if its not included. The only major plus of that class is the weapons it can equip and the fact it costs nothing to class change into.

Zhao_Yun

Still waiting for my shipping notification for Shovel Knight. Has everybody else already gotten theirs? I'd check the status of my order on Fangamer's website, but apparently I didn't create an account when ordering...

Still waiting for my shipping notification for Shovel Knight. Has everybody else already gotten theirs? I'd check the status of my order on Fangamer's website, but apparently I didn't create an account when ordering...

Nope. I'm expecting them to ship intl orders last or in a big batch and that's why it's taking longer

I don't know why I doubted IFI. Genuinely, they've nearly always come through for Vita.

In a year where companies like NISA and XSEED seem to be leaving Vita exclusives in Japan (NISA pending next week, I guess), it's nice to see IFI's strategy of release them on Vita then port to PC later is continuing to bring us a load of great stuff.

Particularly surprised with Hakuouki. I thought they were done with otome, nice to see I was wrong on that.

Anyway, yay, very pleased with both announcements.

AniHawk

I don't know why I doubted IFI. Genuinely, they've nearly always come through for Vita.

In a year where companies like NISA and XSEED seem to be leaving Vita exclusives in Japan (NISA pending next week, I guess), it's nice to see IFI's strategy of release them on Vita then port to PC later is continuing to bring us a load of great stuff.

Particularly surprised with Hakuouki. I thought they were done with otome, nice to see I was wrong on that.

Anyway, yay, very pleased with both announcements.

ifi seems to have done well with otome. at least, amnesia did well on steam. not surprised if they want to lock it down as their fanbase.

nisa should have some vita games next week. not exclusive, of course.

Saphirax

ifi seems to have done well with otome. at least, amnesia did well on steam. not surprised if they want to lock it down as their fanbase.

As far as I know people who worked on Amnesia weren't really happy with Amnesia's steam release. Most of it had to do with piracy.

I also wonder if NISA will have more than just Cladun and Babel for vita.

Did they do well? I mean, it launched at 50% off the price they were selling it on Vita and then it was like 90% within a couple of months (a lot sooner than I expected).

Hopefully it did well enough that they can at least consider Vita/Steam going forward for future otome. It's a bit weird to see no Steam announcement for Hakuouki yet (maybe they learnt their lesson with the stupid price differences of Amnesia).

As for Vita games - fantastic. Don't give two stuffs if they're exclusive or not. Thanks for the tip! (Are they possibly the games which were retailer leaked about a week ago? ;) )

AniHawk

It did? It was like 90% off after only a few months

i think ifi is generally steam-savvy. they seem to know how to reach the steam audience way better than nisa. xseed too maybe... but xseed isn't really invested in steam it seems like.

Is NISA still going to do physical Vita games?

i'd be surprised if they didn't do at least a couple. it really depends on the game. if they get something mega-big with a history on the platform, like danganronpa, it would make sense to do it. smaller games that aren't strictly vita/steam might be digital only.

i think ifi is generally steam-savvy. they seem to know how to reach the steam audience way better than nisa. xseed too maybe... but xseed isn't really invested in steam it seems like.
Agree. Just thought that Amnesia saw a significantly steeper drop than all of their other titles meant it underperformed. Maybe not.
i'd be surprised if they didn't do at least a couple. it really depends on the game. if they get something mega-big with a history on the platform, like danganronpa, it would make sense to do it. smaller games that aren't strictly vita/steam might be digital only.
cool

Top Bottom