• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

World's Longest 5 Minutes was rated by ESRB recently, so I'm expecting a release date for that. And that to be one of the announcements.

Throw in the Birthdays stream with release date as a second and the two leaks, and there's not much left!

Still, getting Cladun & Operation Babel would be awesome news.

I weep for Hero Must Die

Clive

World's Longest 5 Minutes was rated by ESRB recently, so I'm expecting a release date for that. And that to be one of the announcements.

Throw in the Birthdays stream with release date as a second and the two leaks, and there's not much left!

Still, getting Cladun & Operation Babel would be awesome news.

I weep for Hero Must Die

Hero Must Die is the only one of their games that I really care about because it has the chance to be unique and memorable. Babel is "just another Experience dungeon crawler" which is nice for the moment but nothing to remember in the end and ClaDun Sengoku is supposedly the worst in the series and filled with bugs.

That said, I would absolutely buy both Babel and ClaDun too but I wouldn't be genuinely excited like for Hero Must Die.

So 4 new games, 2 which we probably know about. Going to be an interesting week.

This was the ESRB rating for World's Longest 5 Minutes btw, and it's the most recent rating on there, so I'm still betting that's one of the announcements.

Hero Must Die is the only one of their games that I really care about because it has the chance to be unique and memorable. Babel is "just another Experience dungeon crawler" which is nice for the moment but nothing to remember in the end and ClaDun Sengoku is supposedly the worst in the series and filled with bugs.

That said, I would absolutely buy both Babel and ClaDun too but I wouldn't be genuinely excited like for Hero Must Die.

Has Cladun been patched? I heard about the bugs too.

It'd be a day-1 for me otherwise, I enjoyed the previous games. Babel would be a 'wait and buy at reduced price' for me because I never finished Operation Abyss. Probably will one day.

i-Jest

I think we'll get it since SE's Vita games have been doing well in the west lately, at least if the PSN charts are any indication. It'll probably get ported to Steam or PS4 as well, though.

Gawd, I hope so.

I think it's obvious that Scarlet Graces is one of the games SE plans to repackage onto mobile. If they wanted it on PS4, it would probably be on PS4 day-1.

I'd wonder whether the fact it's heading for massive bomba on Vita will make it more or less likely to come to mobile, though.

Just as long as we get it on Vita in the West, I'm not to concerned where it's ported to after.

jzbluz

I'm not interested in Babel, Cladun, or Birthday, so the chances that NISA will announce something that I will buy day 1 looks pretty slim.

Just as long as we get it on Vita in the West, I'm not to concerned where it's ported to after.

It's going to need to get ported to come across to the west on Vita, though. Square Enix didn't even release Adventures of Mana on Vita despite it being already translated until we had a massive campaign. Romancing SaGa 2 is still MIA. We never got Chaos Rings III.

Saphirax

It's going to need to get ported to come across to the west on Vita, though. Square Enix didn't even release Adventures of Mana on Vita despite it being already translated until we had a massive campaign. Romancing SaGa 2 is still MIA. We never got Chaos Rings III.

Not to mention that SE completely ignored SO2 as well and that game has a ps4 version.

Takao

Banned
DLSDIAB.jpg

UHgI9JN.jpg

4cLh15c.jpg

OjZONWc.jpg

5WELzDx.jpg

MjqPyn4.jpg

2PVgc0q.jpg

Ft9wUrh.jpg

fDdJvEX.jpg

http://www.sony.jp/playstation/store/special/psvita/minecraft
Includes Vita 2000, game, bunch of dlc, pouch, theme and special box.
27,700 yen
December 6th

These are usually Sony Store exclusive, but this is officially referred to as a bundle, so maybe not?

RK128

Operation Babel or Demon Gaze 2, you can only choose one guys ;)

I'm personally hoping that Operation Bagel makes it over

WhyNotBoth.Gif

But I think considering the leaks that came out recently, Babel is the game we will hear the localization announcement of first. If we get Demon Gaze 2 (and I think we will), that will be a 2017 announcement and release in Late Summer 2017/Fall 2017.

i-Jest

Point taken.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Operation Babel or Demon Gaze 2, you can only choose one guys ;)

I'm personally hoping that Operation Bagel makes it over

Since its seeming like Babel is a thing due to that German leak, still wonder how they plan to fill out the year with Coven and Demon Gaze 2 down the pipe also... Considering that Coven came out first and was a First Party title of theirs, would imagine that it would go first before Demon Gaze 2. But its hard to say honestly since at the same time too Demon Gaze had already proven popular in the West so it is also likely that Kadokawa wants to get it out as soon as possible also. Where as Coven is a new IP so roping folks who are not familiar with how the title did well in Japan would be a bit more of a difficult task for the marketing team. Where as Demon Gaze 2 has its name branding / existing fans behind it as is.

WhyNotBoth.Gif

But I think considering the leaks that came out recently, Babel is the game we will hear the localization announcement of first. If we get Demon Gaze 2 (and I think we will), that will be a 2017 announcement and release in Late Summer 2017/Fall 2017.

I'm having a hard time believing NISA has 3 drpg's in their lineup, so I'm being purposely pessimistic.

Since its seeming like Babel is a thing due to that German leak, still wonder how they plan to fill out the year with Coven and Demon Gaze 2 down the pipe also... Considering that Coven came out first and was a First Party title of theirs, would imagine that it would go first before Demon Gaze 2. But its hard to say honestly since at the same time too Demon Gaze had already proven popular in the West so it is also likely that Kadokawa wants to get it out as soon as possible also. Where as Coven is a new IP so roping folks who are not familiar with how the title did well in Japan would be a bit more of a difficult task for the marketing team. Where as Demon Gaze 2 has its name branding / existing fans behind it as is.

I can see, Coven and Demon Gaze 2 being spring games and Coven a summer game :D

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm having a hard time believing NISA has 3 drpg's in their lineup, so I'm being purposely pessimistic.

One thing for sure is that Coven will be able to buy them a lot of time as the play time for that game is insanely long if you want to go through it fully.

I wonder if they plan on releasing the DG2 extra content from the start or doing it later on? Seeing how the extra free content was already released in Japan.

One thing for sure is that Coven will be able to buy them a lot of time as the play time for that game is insanely long if you want to go through it fully.

I wonder if they plan on releasing the DG2 extra content from the start or doing it later on? Seeing how the extra free content was already released in Japan.

I think the content will be released along side just to move on from DG2 so that NISA can focus on Danganronpa 3 which will probably be their biggest 2017 game.

AniHawk

don't be greedy with this week. usually they save stuff for the press event and maybe announce stuff randomly before the end of the calendar year. this coming year they have enough games for two mini events (their press event and this week). next year they might even have stuff for anime expo again (maybe danganronpa v3 for a june 2018 release).

don't be greedy with this week. usually they save stuff for the press event and maybe announce stuff randomly before the end of the calendar year. this coming year they have enough games for two mini events (their press event and this week). next year they might even have stuff for anime expo again (maybe danganronpa v3 for a june 2018 release).

Danganronpa V3 is that far away? damn lol

And we're not greedy, we just want Coven. Expecting them to localize their actually really good games can't be too much to ask for right

DG2 is probably a lock, but you never know with NISA's own games...

AniHawk

Danganronpa V3 is that far away? damn lol

And we're not greedy, we just want Coven. Expecting them to localize their actually really good games can't be too much to ask for right

DG2 is probably a lock, but you never know with NISA's own games...

if the longest five minutes is definitely happening, i wouldn't worry about coven.

These are usually Sony Store exclusive, but this is officially referred to as a bundle, so maybe not?

When I woke up this morning and checked reddit, someone had posted this from a .au site so I thought it was Australian news so it was a western bundle. "Oh, that's why Vita's are hard to find in the west, they're going to have this bundle going forward".

Then I saw it was for Japan.

"Makes sense" I figured, "game is selling hotcakes over there and they're advertising to kids again this Christmas"

Then I saw it was Sony store exclusive in limited quantities.

Literally the worst possible outcome lol.

They announced Operation Abyss randomly in December, iirc. I assume this week of announcement is just this year's version of that.

Also I have a hard time believing DanganRonpa V3 is 2018, lol.

if the longest five minutes is definitely happening, i wouldn't worry about coven.

:eek:

If Longest Five Minutes is happening, I don't have to worry about Hero Must Die, right? :(

Kamaitachi no Yoru remake announced for PS Vita
http://gematsu.com/2016/11/kamaitachi-no-yoru-remake-announced-ps-vita

I hope this means there are chances of localization for the previous shin kamaitachi no yoru.

Now that's cool. Vita-only is odd, but still. I wonder if Aksys would be interested in this one!

Saphirax

They announced Operation Abyss randomly in December, iirc. I assume this week of announcement is just this year's version of that.

Also I have a hard time believing DanganRonpa V3 is 2018, lol.

:eek:

If Longest Five Minutes is happening, I don't have to worry about Hero Must Die, right? :(

Now that's cool. Vita-only is odd, but still. I wonder if Aksys would be interested in this one!

Also worth noting is that Kamaitachi no Yoru was one of the games in SpikeChunsoft's poll a few months back. I'd say this bodes well for getting 428 on modern platforms.

Is it just me or Vita is not being restocked anymore in Europe? I don't see it on shelves and on-line only through 3rd party sellers. I heard reports about this happening in Holland a while ago, but I'm kind of surprised this is also happening in Portugal and Spain which were unusual strong markets for the Vita at some point.

Also worth noting is that Kamaitachi no Yoru was one of the games in SpikeChunsoft's poll a few months back. I'd say this bodes well for getting 428 on modern platforms.
Not to mention that it was far surpassed by anything else on the said poll. (428, Koiken Otome(not sure on this one), some JRPG)

I hope it gets localized, I'd like to read that.

jzbluz

Kamaitachi no Yoru remake announced for PS Vita
http://gematsu.com/2016/11/kamaitachi-no-yoru-remake-announced-ps-vita

I hope this means there are chances of localization for the previous shin kamaitachi no yoru.

Is this the same game as the iOS version? I thought SpikeChunsoft said it was different.

Not to mention that it was far surpassed by anything else on the said poll. (428, Koiken Otome(not sure on this one), some JRPG)

Kenka Bancho Otome, which won the poll. I'm so proud of the otome fandom sometimes.

Saphirax

Is this the same game as the iOS version? I thought SpikeChunsoft said it was different.

Kenka Bancho Otome, which won the poll. I'm so proud of the otome fandom sometimes.

"The Vita remake retains the same game systems of the original title, but departs from the sound novel concept for a light novel-esque story with illustrations." The English iOS version on the other hand had changes to the setting and character names for some reason.

Also, SC has been tweeting about Kenka Bancho Otome merchandise and it's giving me some hope for the (near) future localization announcement.

"The Vita remake retains the same game systems of the original title, but departs from the sound novel concept for a light novel-esque story with illustrations." The English iOS version on the other hand had changes to the setting and character names for some reason.
I hope its anime sprites don't hurt the game, but then again I only played the demo of the iOS version. Hope it's localized with proper names and locations.

Top Bottom