• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Take that, NISA!

(Never thought I'd be saying that :p)

Although it's more like a 'take that' to the IFI of 2015 who didn't do a physical release of Amnesia.

Anyway, great news. Will likely import this even if there's a PAL version just so I can keep an NTSC collection of otome haha.

My Shovel Knight Vita physical copy shipped from Fangamer this morning~

Mine shipped when I sent them an e-mail asking where they were up to lol.

My Shovel Knight Vita physical copy shipped from Fangamer this morning~

Likewise, can't wait for my copy to arrive (though I paid for the cheap international shipping so I just hope it reaches me before Xmas!

So, I think I've managed to find the worst game on the Vita that I've played (or will play) all year. After finishing Yomawari (ironically one of my favourite games of the year) I tried Firefly Diaries which comes on the same cart. And damn does ever control scheme suck (even the analog controls). I've reached stage 4-3 and basically it feels like I've been fighting against the controls every step of the way, and its been such a hateful experience. I usually have a very high threshold of putting up with crap in games but the maze in 4-3 was the final straw - the firefly has such terrible lag and imprecision that making it through the maze (and then NOT hitting a checkpoint right afterwards) just had me give up. And from what I read about the final boss, sounds like it was the right choice. Pity, as the game looks and sounds amazing and the story and setting are also top notch, so... watch a pro runthrough on Youtube instead would be my suggestion, much less frustrating.

Now I just need to decide what to play through next, wish Volgaar the Viking was out in EU, or Slain's Vita port had finally been released, as I love me a nice tough action game!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I still want both Utawarerumono titles.

Considering the first one never even made its way to the West outside of the Anime would be a hard sell. Since the 2 newer games pull a lot from the first title. Esp the 3rd one and this isnt just as in reference, but with the actual characters who appear in the game itself.

Would be nice, but its a hard sell due to this.

Not sure if anyone would want to attempt to get the digital PSP version that works on the Vita from AP of the first game, do that then do the other 2 games.

Honestly its a shame the first one never was localized as the West is missing out on a fantastic series due to that.

UCBooties

Considering the first one never even made its way to the West outside of the Anime would be a hard sell. Since the 2 newer games pull a lot from the first title. Esp the 3rd one and this isnt just as in reference, but with the actual characters who appear in the game itself.

Would be nice, but its a hard sell due to this.

Not sure if anyone would want to attempt to get the digital PSP version that works on the Vita from AP of the first game, do that then do the other 2 games.

Honestly its a shame the first one never was localized as the West is missing out on a fantastic series due to that.

I had hoped we might get the second game as a tie-in with the new anime. Guess that was a bit too much to ask.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I had hoped we might get the second game as a tie-in with the new anime. Guess that was a bit too much to ask.

Yeah the anime is way way way too compressed version of the game. Its spoils the game way too much and ruins a lot of scenes and events due to being so compressed. Granted its expected but at the same time too takes away a lot from actually experience everything yourself in the game.

Now watching the anime after having played the games would be a bit more enjoyable in the sense that you are not spoiling anything for yourself and you can see the differences between the two.

Having already beaten the 2nd and 3rd game, most def people will want to be familiar with the cast and story from the first also. Otherwise as mentioned previously you will miss out on a lot of what is going on with the main story of 2 & 3.

I wonder if the Vita is actually discontinued in the west or not.

I think I just spend too long on the internet and have too much free time in work, but it bothers me that the console is out of stock almost everywhere in the west.

I don't want this to be the end. I love my little handheld. And I know it's still getting plenty of support through 2017 but it's only going to dry up quicker if the console isn't available to purchase anywhere because they've stopped shipping them, lol.

I wonder if the Vita is actually discontinued in the west or not.

I think I just spend too long on the internet and have too much free time in work, but it bothers me that the console is out of stock almost everywhere in the west.

I don't want this to be the end. I love my little handheld. And I know it's still getting plenty of support through 2017 but it's only going to dry up quicker if the console isn't available to purchase anywhere because they've stopped shipping them, lol.

I spoke to a Bart Smit sales rep a month or 2 ago. Bart Smit is a major toy store chain in The Netherlands and Belgium: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Smit

The store in my town had sold 2 or 3 Vita consoles (!) throughout the whole of 2016 at the time.

There is simply no demand for the hardware, so why would stores even bother keeping stock?

I spoke to a Bart Smit sales rep a month or 2 ago. Bart Smit is a major toy store chain in The Netherlands and Belgium: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Smit

The store in my town had sold 2 or 3 Vita consoles (!) throughout the whole of 2016 at the time.

There is simply no demand for the hardware, so why would stores even bother keeping stock?

I still think with a few price promotions around the holidays it'd shift more than that, but yeah, fair enough.

Back when you used to be able to see how many units of an item Argos (UK retailer) had sold in the last 48 hours, I can tell you it was selling well in excess of the numbers you've said there, so at least it was shifting some over here.

I still think with a few price promotions around the holidays it'd shift more than that, but yeah, fair enough.

Back when you used to be able to see how many units of an item Argos (UK retailer) had sold in the last 48 hours, I can tell you it was selling well in excess of the numbers you've said there, so at least it was shifting some over here.

I don't think retail stores get big margins on console hardware. So a price promotion would mean that Sony'd have to decrease their cut of the profits, and well... it's Sony. They could care less about the Vita.

IvorB

I'm really digging Trails of Cold Steel so far. It could be just the game I've been looking for. I've even been playing a bit at home because I don't have much of a commute.

I'm really digging Trails of Cold Steel so far. It could be just the game I've been looking for. I've even been playing a bit at home because I don't have much of a commute.

Awesome! If you already like it early on you'll be blown away by the later parts

A Rose in the Twilight coming west for PS Vita, PC in spring 2017

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/rose-twilight-coming-west-ps-vita-pc-spring-2017

:/

In North America, the $19.99 standard and $39.99 limited edition will be available exclusively via the NIS America Online Store. In Europe, there will only be a limited edition version of the game, also available exclusively via the NIS America Online Store.

I like this approach though, at least for NA. I hope VGP can get the standard copy

it's nice to want things.

I don't need LEs and I won't pay extra for an LE I don't want, especially from NISA's EU store. that just means I won't buy it.

Saves me some money at least

Making games super US exclusive with no way to get them for anyone internationally is just garbage though

Clive

Can you pre-order multiple items from NISA and have them all ship at once after the last item is released? Thinking about grabbing God Wars, Rose and Shallie but I'd rather not pay shipping for all three.

AniHawk

Can you pre-order multiple items from NISA and have them all ship at once after the last item is released? Thinking about grabbing God Wars, Rose and Shallie but I'd rather not pay shipping for all three.

yeah you can do that and you can also split up orders if something else comes along.

Quixzlizx

Assuming you're in the US, God Wars by itself qualifies for free shipping, and Rose + Shallie qualify.

Unless you aren't getting LEs.

Clive

Assuming you're in the US, God Wars by itself qualifies for free shipping, and Rose + Shallie qualify.

Unless you aren't getting LEs.

I'm in Canada so shipping would cost me quite a bit if I ordered them separately. Over $15 USD each from my previous experience with NISA if I recall correctly.

Anyway, thank you to all of you who answered my question. I shall try to group them all together,

I forgive NISA for not releasing Cladun physically. I'm over it now.

Though, I wonder whether it's going to be cheaper for me to import the standard edition of Rose from NA or just buy the LE from EU.

Hero Must Die hopes have died.

Tohsaka

I hope Rose isn't as frustrating as Firefly was. If it is, I won't bother buying it since I never finished Firefly due to how annoying it got towards the end.

AniHawk

I hope Rose isn't as frustrating as Firefly was. If it is, I won't bother buying it since I never finished Firefly due to how annoying it got towards the end.

i think the difference between the two is that you control the firefly in firefly diary and the girl in rose. i haven't played rose though, but yeah - firefly became unforgiving at a point. i had fun with it up until then though.

rrc1594

I plan on buying one is it region locked, also would i have to make another PSN account? I buy most games digital now these days?

Quixzlizx

I plan on buying one is it region locked, also would i have to make another PSN account? I buy most games digital now these days?

Physical carts are region-free, but I think digital purchases/DLC are locked to the account you purchase them with. There's nothing stopping you from having multiple memory cards with accounts from different regions, though.

Shizuka

I wish NISA would make up their minds. Their stance with exclusive limited editions is the weirdest I've ever seen. While XSEED's limited editions are sold through many retailers and PQube's limited editions are exclusive to Rice Digital, NISA's limited editions have been everything:

Exclusive to Gamestop and their store during the PS3 years, then it became really exclusive to their store, a few years later retailers like VGP and Play-Asia started selling it, then it was Amazon and Gamestop as well, now it's back to being really exclusive.

What's the deal here?

Also, did you guys know that shipping God Wars LE and Rose LE together is *more expensive* than ordering them separately?

Darn straight. I love the artstyle and setting for Rose but having just played Firefly and losing my mind at the maze in stage 4-3 I have doubts over how good the gameplay will actually be. I hope for the best.

I wish NISA would make up their minds. Their stance with exclusive limited editions is the weirdest I've ever seen. While XSEED's limited editions are sold through many retailers and PQube's limited editions are exclusive to Rice Digital, NISA's limited editions have been everything:

Exclusive to Gamestop and their store during the PS3 years, then it became really exclusive to their store, a few years later retailers like VGP and Play-Asia started selling it, then it was Amazon and Gamestop as well, now it's back to being really exclusive.

What's the deal here?

I think it's important to highlight that the physical version is twice the price of the digital edition. My gut reaction is that the physical print of A Rose in the Twilight is an experiment to see if they can emulate Limited Run Games. The physical version will be mainly for collectors and those that absolutely demand a cart, while everyone else buys the (substantially cheaper) digital edition.

Shizuka

I think it's important to highlight that the physical version is twice the price of the digital edition. My gut reaction is that the physical print of A Rose in the Twilight is an experiment to see if they can emulate Limited Run Games. The physical version will be mainly for collectors and those that absolutely demand a cart, while everyone else buys the (substantially cheaper) digital edition.

I'd agree, if only NISA hadn't done that before, even prior to LRG's existence, with Firefly Diary.

Top Bottom