• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Yay!!!

At this moment i'm scared to buy indies. Sofar all my bought indie psn games got a release via limited run games.

I'd like a Slain LRG release - but as the PS4 version is already getting a very nice physical release via another company I'm not too confident at the Vita version getting a physical release :( Which is a pity, as I love the game and the PS4 port but would much rather have a physical Vita release for my collection (that is assuming the Vita port is decent of course).

AniHawk

This week wasn't the norm for NISA though. 3 months until we find out~.

nisa has so many games to announce. hero must die and hayarigami might never happen, but other nis stuff should be locked down pretty hard. their press event is going to be pretty crazy.

there is probably one more announcement between now and then too, judging by the nintendo switch 3rd-party list. i doubt vita fans care about that much though.

Saphirax

nisa has so many games to announce. hero must die and hayarigami might never happen, but other nis stuff should be locked down pretty hard. their press event is going to be pretty crazy.

there is probably one more announcement between now and then too, judging by the nintendo switch 3rd-party list. i doubt vita fans care about that much though.

Damn it, it's too early to get excited about their press event! :p

18-Volt

"The Other stuff" are:

Coven
Hero Must Die
Princess is Money Hungry
Danganronpa V3 (huge title, should have priority)

Unless they announce a game until then, the February event should have all of four. We didn't get Hero Must Die now because porting to PC could be tricky. And it's pretty early for Coven, considering they just announced Operation Babel.

And despite being an official partner, I don't expect NIS to develop for Switch. Their last Nintendo game was Disgaea DS years ago and I don't expect them to return to Nintendo all of sudden, especially for Switch.

Shizuka

I feel for Kresnik.

Saphirax

"The Other stuff" are:

Coven
Hero Must Die
Princess is Money Hungry

Unless they announce a game until then, the February event should have all of four. We didn't get Hero Must Die now because porting to PC could be tricky. And it's pretty early for Coven, considering they just announced Operation Babel.

And despite being an official partner, I don't expect NIS to develop for Switch. Their last Nintendo game was Disgaea DS years ago and I don't expect them to return to Nintendo all of sudden, especially for Switch.

The Witch and The Hundred Knight 2, Demon Gaze 2
and UtaPri
would probably be prioritized over HMD.

AniHawk

"The Other stuff" are:

Coven
Hero Must Die
Princess is Money Hungry

there's also witch and the hundred knight 2. they could save that for anime expo though.

i personally would love to see hero must die happen. that and coven are the two i see the most buzz about. i think it might have something to do with the name. it also reviewed well in japan, but i'm not sure how it plays.

what else would it mean that nis's logo appeared on nintendo's list of developers then? most of the companies on those things make at least one game for nintendo platforms.

also their last nintendo games was slightly more recent than disgaea ds. they did phantom brave: we meet again for the wii and some weird puzzle or adventure thing for the 3ds. the company started making a shitload of games for vita and ps3 after that.

I feel for Kresnik.

Thanks bro. I hear Ani's hinting loud and clear :(

Maybe he can take this sentiment back to his mates and make something happen:

i personally would love to see hero must die happen. that and coven are the two i see the most buzz about.

Lol. Ah well, it's fairly cheap to import.

Anyway, assuming NDRV3 happens next year, I'm pretty happy with NISA's output over Vita's lifespan. Disappointed they never tried Fuuraiki (although I know that was an extreme ask) and HMD will sting, but otherwise they've done really well.

Coven and DG2 would be lovely bonuses, but honestly VN's are my favourite genre on Vita right now so I'd honestly they rather try something in that region.

Also great news about Slain. It's nice that we're having a run of indies lately finally delivering their products. Shame we had to go through such a crappy period a while back.

I guess NISA's Switch title will be The Silver Case.

Was about to post this. Apparently Laura Kate Dale said it's coming to Switch in the first 6 months and NISA are handling the PS4 release.

Anyway, here's some news (ish):

https://twitter.com/Ryuz4ki57/status/800300422544195584

NIS CEO says his company earns half of its revenues overseas, intends to localize every game

https://twitter.com/WolfgameNA/status/800211450786619392

Upcoming:
• Dungeon Hearts DX for Wii U patch
• New PS4 port
• New PS4 & PS Vita port (on disc)
• VA-11 HALL-A for PS Vita news

I think the PS4/Vita port on disc is news. Wonder what it is. Also I wonder when VA-11 HALL-A is happening.

Saphirax

Shizuka

Stil, I don't think Shin Hayarigami will ever get localized. Like AniHawk said in the past, it's a visual novel developed to "gross you out", not really a horror one. NISA would be better off doing another 5pb title in that case.

Saphirax

That's exactly what I replied to the tweet with, haha. Great minds!

I'm so sad he's not standing behind Hero Must Die...

HMD and SH2 (most likely) do not fall under 'intend to localize every game' :(.

Stil, I don't think Shin Hayarigami will ever get localized. Like AniHawk said in the past, it's a visual novel developed to "gross you out", not really a horror one. NISA would be better off doing another 5pb title in that case.

Uta-Prince-Sama-PSV-Ann.jpg

It's totally the same thing!

AniHawk

hayarigami would have made sense if the first three came over, but they didn't. so now you're stuck with the most recent game being a direct sequel to a spinoff of the original trilogy which is more about grossing you out than it is about horror. that's a confusing project to undertake and a really weird place to start people in a long-running franchise.

RK128

So coming into this thread after a while, how are you all doing :D?

*Looks through AniHawk's Posts*

Welp, looks like I missed out on a lot XD.

Glad to hear NIS America has a lot in-store for the future. Shame to hear that Hero Must Die might not come over though; I was looking forward to it personally :(.

So... Any chance of seeing Lara Croft Go getting ported to the Vita? I just started Hitman Go and I'm instantly loving it, such a cool concept (seems like the perfect pick up and play portable title). It might be hoping for too much, but maybe we'll get a announcement at PSX next month?

So... Any chance of seeing Lara Croft Go getting ported to the Vita? I just started Hitman Go and I'm instantly loving it, such a cool concept (seems like the perfect pick up and play portable title). It might be hoping for too much, but maybe we'll get a announcement at PSX next month?

LaraCroft GO is the best of the three. Deus Ex is a huge let down imo. I already beat all three of them on iPad but will replay on Vita just like I did with Hitman GO. Got the plat also.

LaraCroft GO is the best of the three. Deus Ex is a huge let down imo. I already beat all three of them on iPad but will replay on Vita just like I did with Hitman GO. Got the plat also.

Good to hear. If I don't get a Vita port I'll probably grab it for my iPad - as these actually do seem like the type of games where touch based controls would work well. But I'd still rather have it on my Vita!

Good to hear. If I don't get a Vita port I'll probably grab it for my iPad - as these actually do seem like the type of games where touch based controls would work well. But I'd still rather have it on my Vita!

absolutely get it on iPad asap. It is amazing. Worth double dipping for trophies later. Itll run much better on your iPad as well. Unity and all.

Shizuka

the nis ceo said they intend to localize very game. that's soheii niikawa. he's not the nisa ceo.

still don't know much about hero must die. it looks repetitive though.

It's metroidvania exploration with turn-based RPG combat and Demon Gaze art. A few years ago, it'd be more of NISA's alley than something like Yomawari.

jzbluz

Was about to post this. Apparently Laura Kate Dale said it's coming to Switch in the first 6 months and NISA are handling the PS4 release.

Anyway, here's some news (ish):

https://twitter.com/Ryuz4ki57/status/800300422544195584

https://twitter.com/WolfgameNA/status/800211450786619392

I think the PS4/Vita port on disc is news. Wonder what it is. Also I wonder when VA-11 HALL-A is happening.

So that means every game going forward, not including past games?

Uta-Prince-Sama-PSV-Ann.jpg

It's totally the same thing!

But that's not 5pb.

It's metroidvania exploration with turn-based RPG combat and Demon Gaze art. A few years ago, it'd be more of NISA's alley than something like Yomawari.

I kinda preferred the art of the original HMD, although the new art is more typical of NISA. I thought the game's story was somewhat minimalist, which would make it easy to localize, a bit like Yomawari. Am I wrong?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
the nis ceo said they intend to localize very game. that's soheii niikawa. he's not the nisa ceo.

still don't know much about hero must die. it looks repetitive though.

Apparently in Japan HMD is a hit or miss game with people due to the way its designed. Fans who picked it up were either those who played the mobile version or fans of Kurosawa Tetsu's artwork.

Dont blame NISA if they are unsure to localize it or not.

Saphirax

So that means every game going forward, not including past games?

But that's not 5pb.

I kinda preferred the art of the original HMD, although the new art is more typical of NISA. I thought the game's story was somewhat minimalist, which would make it easy to localize, a bit like Yomawari. Am I wrong?

I know :p. I just had to post it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Localization costs money. Then you have to think of the schedule with current planned releases and how would said title fit into that schedule. On top of if said title would even be profitable.

Honestly they are far better off trying to bring out titles that they think would sell rather than just dragging everything and anything over. Which as folks have seen they already do not do with how other NIS developed titles were not brought out to the West.

In short its not a matter of localization being easy or not, more a matter if it will sell / fit into the schedule.

In short its not a matter of localization being easy or not, more a matter if it will sell / fit into the schedule.

Which is why I still don't understand World's Longest Five Minutes speedy western announcement given the level it bombed in Japan and its sales potential in the west.

Anyway, is this massive news? I feel it's massive news.

https://twitter.com/SigEditionGames/status/800656161364123648

From what I can tell, they're the company who did retail releases of Aragami; Slain and Super Meat Boy on PS4.

Aaaaah, this is awesome! They're already asking about Slain on Vita. https://twitter.com/SigEditionGames/status/800655366765871104.

Weren't those available on Amazon and other retailers? Are they as limited as LRG?

Yeah, looks like their 'Signature Edition' of Aragami was on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZOD2NZ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Even if any potential Vita releases end up being exclusive to the publisher's own site, they do pre-orders well in advance. https://signatureeditiongames.com/

Cornbread78

my Vita backlog just keeps building and building.... I swear if there are some good sales in this weeks PSN sale, I'm going to cry (along with my wallet)

Top Bottom