• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Axiom! Heck yeah, finally! Been waiting for it on the VIta for too long. Bought the PS4 version during the last sale even though I don't have a PS4 for the cross-buy. I'm ready.

Clive

Wait, that GTA release was pretty stealth, no?
Are these full games with trophies or just straight PSP ports? No OT for them?

They are not ports, they are literally PSP games. It's a bundle of the exact same three PSP games that have been on PSN for years and are playable on both PSP and Vita.

Kind of shady adding "Vita" in the bundle title if you ask me.

It's a "myth" based on a very old statement from 2013. It would be incredibly interesting to see how many Vita owners still use their console and how much their average spending per month/year is but we've got nothing. Just a vague statement from 2013 and certain indie devs claiming Vita owners buy lots of their games, mostly based on games several years old.

There are also absolutely no official Vita global sales figures available.

I don't know if it's myth. All I know is that I bough and played more games on Vita since 2012 than on ps3 and ps4 put together ;)

Elven_Star

Guys, there's only one game left in my Vita backlog, and that's unacceptable. Which recently released and soon-to-be released games should I check out? I mainly play JRPGs.

Clive

Guys, there's only one game left in my Vita backlog, and that's unacceptable. Which recently released and soon-to-be released games should I check out? I mainly play JRPGs.

Did you play Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth? Those are recently-ish at least and probably the best the Vita has had to offer in the past year.

There are two upcoming DRPGs in the next two weeks, Stranger of Sword City next week and Ray Gigant in the following.

Elven_Star

I've been really into Trillion lately and Ray Gigant comes out in just a couple weeks!

Did you play Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth? Those are recently-ish at least and probably the best the Vita has had to offer in the past year.

There are two upcoming DRPGs in the next two weeks, Stranger of Sword City next week and Ray Gigant in the following.
Thanks, guys. I have never been into Digimon. Have never watched the anime, read the manga, or played any of the games. Would I enjoy this game despite that?
Gonna get Trails of Cold Steel. Was waiting for a discount, but I'm at the end of my rope here, and I don't think there's going to be a sale any time soon.
Will keep an eye out for Stranger of Sword City, and Ray Gigant. How did they do in Japan?

Thanks, guys. I have never been into Digimon. Have never watched the anime, read the manga, or played any of the games. Would I enjoy this game despite that?
Gonna get Trails of Cold Steel. Was waiting for a discount, but I'm at the end of my rope here, and I don't think there's going to be a sale any time soon.
Will keep an eye out for Stranger of Sword City, and Ray Gigant. How did they do in Japan?

Digimon story has nothing to do with the anime afaik. It's a pretty great game and plays exactly like pokémon.

Cornbread78

They are not ports, they are literally PSP games. It's a bundle of the exact same three PSP games that have been on PSN for years and are playable on both PSP and Vita.
Kind of shady adding "Vita" in the bundle title if you ask me.

Wow, that IS some shady shit right there. There is no way to really tell from the description.. Glad I asked, uuggh.

TY.

AsfaeksBR

I wish Bioshock Vita was still a thing

Considering how 2k launched XCOM (fantastic title that plays amazingly on the Vita, a must buy) and Civ Rev 2, I couldn't be surprised if they release it next week...

And Severed for me. Will pick up Ray Gigant in the future, since May is Uncharted/Overwatch month

Odin Sphere and Grand Kingdom are almost here bro

Also CSH, and a bunch of other Japanese games will likely get localized.

Like that newest Persona clone

We also have world of FF, DQ Heroes 2, Toukiden 2...

Im sure im missing more

How is SOA: Hollow Fragment on Vita? I prefer playing these type of games on my vita, but I read it has performance issues, an awful translation and the ps4 port fixed both and adds many new features and tweaks.

And what about Lost Song. Is this vita version solid? I don't mind 30fps if its stable. I loved Digimon Cyber Sleuth on my vita and didn't bother with the ps4 version.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member

Severed comes out next week. Not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, but it's a DRPG from the guys that made Guacamelee. It's actually one of the rare Vita exclusives and it's pretty cheap - $15. The caveat is that it's touchbased for the combat apparently.

UCBooties

How is SOA: Hollow Fragment on Vita? I prefer playing these type of games on my vita, but I read it has performance issues, an awful translation and the ps4 port fixed both and adds many new features and tweaks.

And what about Lost Song. Is this vita version solid? I don't mind 30fps if its stable. I loved Digimon Cyber Sleuth on my vita and didn't bother with the ps4 version.

The Vita version of Hollow Fragment is hard to recommend at this point. The translation really is terrible and it's hard to ignore that there is a better version available on the PS4. When it launched on Vita and there was no other way to play it, that was one thing, but now... eh, it's a harder recommendation to make. The game itself plays well, there is a staggering amount of content, and despite some inevitable repetition I put more than 120 hours into the Vita version.

The Vita version of Lost Song is pretty great. No issues that I noticed, good for portable play, controls well with the Vita, no reason not to pick it up. Just be warned that the dungeons reuse the same assets all the time, which is disappointing, but that's true on both PSV and PS4. The only reason I considered getting Lost Song on the PS4 was because I wanted to try the flying on a larger screen.

Prelude.

AFAIK the ps4 version of Hollow Fragment had gameplay changes that made the game worse. I didn't play it so I don't remember the specifics, but it has something to do with the combat skills, I think.

AFAIK the ps4 version of Hollow Fragment had gameplay changes that made the game worse. I didn't play it so I don't remember the specifics, but it has something to do with the combat skills, I think.

I read something about no SP usage for magic anymore, it has cooldowns now and something like that. Does it really make the game worse or is it just a matter of taste?

I'm not a fan of cooldowns either but maybe this makes sense in context? Balancing?

Chesskid1

Banned
hey guys,

i need some help, i emailed NIS America on March 31st, but they never even bothered to reply (wtf?) so i thought i would ask you guys. this was actually my first order from them.

I ordered dangonronpa ultra despair girls LE from them.

all the unboxing/listings for it, it seems it came with two boxes, a white one and a black one. see: http://i.imgur.com/bJpxidD.jpg

mine only came with the white box. was i supposed to get a black one as well? here's the storepage where they list the contents: http://store.nisamerica.com/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls

i believe the black box is Bonus Item #1: Warriors of Hope & Kurokuma Set Box (Includes: 4.5" Diameter Tie Clip, Warriors of Hope Pin) but i'm not sure. maybe it was a preorder bonus only or something.

thank you.

Shizuka

hey guys,

i need some help, i emailed NIS America on March 31st, but they never even bothered to reply (wtf?) so i thought i would ask you guys. this was actually my first order from them.

all the unboxing/listings for it, it seems it came with two boxes, a white one and a black one. see: http://i.imgur.com/bJpxidD.jpg

mine only came with the white box. was i supposed to get a black one as well? here's the storepage where they list the contents: http://store.nisamerica.com/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls

i believe the black box is Bonus Item #1: Warriors of Hope & Kurokuma Set Box (Includes: 4.5" Diameter Tie Clip, Warriors of Hope Pin) but i'm not sure. maybe it was a preorder bonus only or something.

thank you.

Yes, it's supposed to come with both boxes. When did you order that?

Chesskid1

Banned
Yes, it's supposed to come with both boxes. When did you order that?

i ordered it last month, it's still in stock here in the US on NIS store. i started playing the first one and loved it, and snapped ordered the sequel and saw the LE was still in stock and grabbed that as well. i also ordered some dangonronpa pins as well to get free shipping, so it's possible that caused some confusion. hmm, what to do.

Clive

i ordered it last month, it's still in stock here in the US on NIS store. i started playing the first one and loved it, and snapped ordered the sequel and saw the LE was still in stock and grabbed that as well. i also ordered some dangonronpa pins as well to get free shipping, so it's possible that caused some confusion. hmm, what to do.

NISA is incredibly slow with replying to emails from my experience. Took them a month to cancel a pre-order for me. You could try calling them and hopefully they can help you directly. I did that once when I had issues with changing credit cards with them and we worked it out immediately.

There should be a phone number on their store page somewhere I imagine.

Chesskid1

Banned
NISA is incredibly slow with replying to emails from my experience. Took them a month to cancel a pre-order for me. You could try calling them and hopefully they can help you directly. I did that once when I had issues with changing credit cards with them and we worked it out immediately.

There should be a phone number on their store page somewhere I imagine.

alrite, i'll call them first thing on monday.

i'll post an update just for completion then.

thanks for the help.

i was going to let it slide because the only thing in the black box was like a pin or something and all the good stuff is in the white box, butnahhh.

Shizuka

Maybe it's because they didn't order an even amount of boxes and now they're just selling the main one?

hey guys,

thank you.

This might be a bit of a stupid question, but did you open it? As IIRC the black box is packed inside of it.

EDIT: Nah scratch that, tried to fit it all in the white box and it's impossible xD

AmyS

Guys, is it possible to buy PSP Ridge Racer 2 for Vita on the EU or Japan PS Vita store? Hopefully EU, then I won't have to worry about the language barrier if I create another PSN account.

I recently bought the first PSP release...

dL3NSOU.jpg

dE0M6Yb.jpg

but I want the 2nd for the additional courses not in the first.

For those who played any of the Ys games is it ok to get into the game now? Do I need to play the previous games? If so then how do you suppose I do that? Aren't they on like the saturn or some other retro console(s)?

Shizuka

For those who played any of the Ys games is it ok to get into the game now? Do I need to play the previous games? If so then how do you suppose I do that? Aren't they on like the saturn or some other retro console(s)?

There are three PSP games, all playable on Vita, and one native Vita game. You can start with any of them, although I'd recommend starting with Ys Oath in Felghana (PSP).

Shinriji

Guys, is it possible to buy PSP Ridge Racer 2 for Vita on the EU or Japan PS Vita store? Hopefully EU, then I won't have to worry about the language barrier if I create another PSN account.

I think you can on the euro store, but why? I mean, is the exact same game with only 1 extra track (+ course variations). I love RR but buy one game for one additional course is a little overkill, and the course isn't amazing or anything ( the heaven and hell/ airport track from R4)

Shizuka

It will definitely be localized, I'm just worried that xseed will ignore the Vita version and only localize the PS4 one.

If they localize the script, they will take advantage of it and release both versions. Remember, smaller companies like XSEED and NISA will try to maximize their efforts, unlike Square Enix.

AmyS

I think you can on the euro store, but why? I mean, is the exact same game with only 1 extra track (+ course variations). I love RR but buy one game for one additional course is a little overkill, and the course isn't amazing or anything ( the heaven and hell/ airport track from R4)

Mythical Coast from Rage Racer is also in RR2, that's why I wanted it.

AmyS

Fuck it, I give up. I cannot sign into the UK account I made on the Vita. On the web Store, there's a demo, but page cannot be found.

Will just play RR2 in PPSSPP where I can happily crank up the rendering resolution.

Nah, they never released Ridge Racer 2 on EU PSN which is a shame.

Top Bottom