• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

There are three PSP games, all playable on Vita, and one native Vita game. You can start with any of them, although I'd recommend starting with Ys Oath in Felghana (PSP).

Felghana is the best in terms of everything. Also buy all the soundtracks and arrange and remix albums because an arrange felghana album puts most big name OSTs to shame. So good.

Got myself Digimon and SAO from current sale. Looks like this will be Namco year for my Vita since I'll be also getting both GE games and both remaining SAO games (when i clear my backlog a bit).

Cornbread78

There's a somewhat good chance it could be on sale Golden Week, and remember that weekly sales usually have an extra discount for PS+ members, unlike flash sales.

I'm hoping Trails is on sale then ascwell. What week is Golden Week? I love seeing those jrpgs on sale for $6-10!

Axiom Verge is DEFINITELY better on Vita. The visuals look less blown out, and the controls feel better suited to it (for some reason aim lock felt a little awkward to me on the DS4). Glad I held off on finishing it all this time.

I'm hoping Trails is on sale then ascwell. What week is Golden Week? I love seeing those jrpgs on sale for $6-10!

You'll be lucky to see Cold Steel for 20 considering Xseed isn't one to deep discount their games right away, unless they just aren't selling well (like Estival Versus for Vita). Bamco only lowered Digimon as much as they did because that's just what they do with their niche titles if they've been out for more than a month or 2.

dracula_x

Axiom Verge is DEFINITELY better on Vita. The visuals look less blown out, and the controls feel better suited to it (for some reason aim lock felt a little awkward to me on the DS4). Glad I held off on finishing it all this time.
Yep, controls definitely feel better to me too.

So Severed is out tomorrow and I can't find any reviews at all. Anyone hear word of the embargo on this? I want to buy it but I always get nervous of same day embargoes.

So Severed is out tomorrow and I can't find any reviews at all. Anyone hear word of the embargo on this? I want to buy it but I always get nervous of same day embargoes.

Nothing online as of yet. I'm putting together an OT now for the game, but there is not a single review, lol.

I am looking forward to your OT. This has been one of my most anticipated Vita games for like a year and a half. I am not going to worry about reviews and just go in blind. I know the track record of the developers and it is stellar. I feel confident this will be a very fun game.

Severed isn't even really my type of game at all. However, the art style, the on screen "fighting" mechanics, it all just looks really fun and one of those rare games that was made to take full advantage of the Vita (like Tearaway did).

Cornbread78

I am looking forward to your OT. This has been one of my most anticipated Vita games for like a year and a half. I am not going to worry about reviews and just go in blind. I know the track record of the developers and it is stellar. I feel confident this will be a very fun game.

Severed isn't even really my type of game at all. However, the art style, the on screen "fighting" mechanics, it all just looks really fun and one of those rare games that was made to take full advantage of the Vita (like Tearaway did).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1211591

Looks beautiful! (the game, the game, lol)

If you listen to the latest PS I Love You Greg and Colin were playing pretty fast and loose with the embargo. They pretty much said that the game was great and first person dungeon crawlers are not the games they typically enjoy.

Agreed, it looks and plays perfect on Vita. Shame the launch was so delayed, it feels like it just came and went with a whimper.

Anyone else noticing the extremely bad looking UI on Skullgirls? The menu's look atrocious. I know the game isn't native res., but this needed to be redesigned to make better use of the Vita's screen.

Even the Bubble icon looks like placeholder art.

In-game it doesn't bother as much and looks fine (plays great)...but I guess I am shallow to be disappointed by the rest of the presentation.

BearChair

Agreed, it looks and plays perfect on Vita. Shame the launch was so delayed, it feels like it just came and went with a whimper.

Anyone else noticing the extremely bad looking UI on Skullgirls? The menu's look atrocious. I know the game isn't native res., but this needed to be redesigned to make better use of the Vita's screen.

Even the Bubble icon looks like placeholder art.

In-game it doesn't bother as much and looks fine (plays great)...but I guess I am shallow to be disappointed by the rest of the presentation.

USGamer's updated review for the Vita version had complaints about frequent slowdown.

Have you noticed any?

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/axiom-verge-ps4-review/page-2

Clive

Axiom Verge performed fine for me apart from some stuttering. It's rare but it happened maybe 10 times or so during my playthrough that the game froze completely for like half a second and then started working again. Not really a big deal but it is very noticeable when it does happen.

I picked up the playstation tv lego and sly bundle for $30 yesterday and had a quick question about the dualshock 4 - If I buy a ds4 will it work for every game?

I remember reading the ps3 supports the ds4 but only for certain games. Is its support on the pstv universal?

I picked up the playstation tv lego and sly bundle for $30 yesterday and had a quick question about the dualshock 4 - If I buy a ds4 will it work for every game?

I remember reading the ps3 supports the ds4 but only for certain games. Is its support on the pstv universal?
Yeah, it should work with everything. I've heard people say it has a little more input lag than the DS3, but I haven't really noticed that myself.

suikodan

To answer the question, the DS4 should/will work with every game. I haven't played a game where the DS4 was not working.

However, the controls will work but it doesn't mean it will be suited for it. An example (unless I'm wrong/blind/etc...) is Axiom Verge. I haven't seen where I can configure R2 for the beam that's mapped to the Vita's screen...

Shizuka

q1YePMU.jpg

hSZs1zU.jpg

From my dear friend Finale Fireworker; you may be banned, but you're not forgotten.

Chesskid1

Banned
NIS replied! they are sending out my missing black box!

they said there is an error in the system and that the 2nd box for the despair LE isn't being added to orders, so they know it's a problem?? seems weird i had to contact them if they know it's a problem.

oh well, i'm happy they took care of me. NIS is having lots of problems with customer service/ingeneral i've been reading. hopefully things will start going better for them.

Physical Vita games are becoming sparse in my city. I've gotten into the bad habit of buying any that I see on clearance even if I don't have any desire to play them. Had to force myself to not purchase $4 copies of Reality Fighters, Little Deviants and MLB the Show 14, but I couldn't stop myself from buying Resistance and Lego LOTR even though I heard that they're not good.

Physical Vita games are becoming sparse in my city. I've gotten into the bad habit of buying any that I see on clearance even if I don't have any desire to play them. Had to force myself to not purchase $4 copies of Reality Fighters, Little Deviants and MLB the Show 14, but I couldn't stop myself from buying Resistance and Lego LOTR even though I heard that they're not good.

One store here has a shitload of them but the actual big retail chains have nothing.

Klart

For 4 dollar I'd buy all of them.

Yeah, really didn't like that game.

Resistance is ok ;) Easy platinium if you swing that way.

Cornbread78

Ar no Surge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star – $19.99 ($15.99)
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky – $27.99 ($23.99)
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth – $27.99 ($23.99)

Which of these is the better jrpg?

Shizuka

I loved Ar nosurge Plus, but only after reading Ciel nosurge' summary. Digimon would be the best bet.

Ar nosurge you should have an understanding of Ciel nosurge.
Atelier E&L is part of a larger trilogy, but they are pretty loosely connected. Get it if you like Atelier games.
Digimon is fantastic and standalone. Very grindy Plat though if you go for those.

Cornbread78

I loved Ar nosurge Plus, but only after reading Ciel nosurge' summary. Digimon would be the best bet.

Ar nosurge you should have an understanding of Ciel nosurge.
Atelier E&L is part of a larger trilogy, but they are pretty loosely connected. Get it if you like Atelier games.
Digimon is fantastic and standalone. Very grindy Plat though if you go for those.

So I would be better served to play Ayesha first then.. How long is the read for Ciel?

Might just have to with Digimon. I was hoping for Trails to be on sale, lol.

I'm on the fence about Ar Norsuge Plus too. Heard only good things about this game. Such a shame we never got Ciel nosurge. What would be the best summary to get into Ar Norsuge Plus?

Shizuka

Top Bottom