• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

heringer

How often PSOne, PSP and Vita games go on sale? Does the store has a sale every week or devs are free to change the prices whenever?

Clive

How often PSOne, PSP and Vita games go on sale? Does the store has a sale every week or devs are free to change the prices whenever?

It varies. There is a number of PSone, PSP and Vita games that go on sale frequently and there are those that have never gone on sale.

If you're in North America then there is a new weekly sale every Tuesday and a larger Flash Sale usually on the third Friday of every month. The Flash Sale normally lasts for the weekend while weekly sales are for one week.

With the exception of the monthly Flash Sale, both permanent price drops and discounts happen on Tuesdays with very few exceptions.

heringer

It varies. There is a number of PSone, PSP and Vita games that go on sale frequently and there are those that have never gone on sale.

If you're in North America then there is a new weekly sale every Tuesday and a larger Flash Sale usually on the third Friday of every month. The Flash Sale normally lasts for the weekend while weekly sales are for one week.

With the exception of the monthly Flash Sale, both permanent price drops and discounts happen on Tuesdays with very few exceptions.

Thanks! Will keep an eye on those.

How is Littebig Planet? Still worth it to play alone?

There are lists available online for PSTV compatibility. I recommend The Vita Lounge and Wikipedia lists.

If you're in NA this list is updated regularly. Sony isn't making anymore PSTVs, but as of now devs are still making their games compatible if possible.

How do dl's work?

Like if I were to use my HK account to buy a game, would I be able to play that as well as my other games from my NA account?

Also I'm assuming only PSV Memory cards work?

TMWNN35

Like if I were to use my HK account to buy a game, would I be able to play that as well as my other games from my NA account?

Nope it wont. For some reason Sony locks vita games to the account they were purchased on unlike PS3/4.

It especially sucks for people that move countries since you can change the region your psn account is associated with either.

I really hope they change it one day but its been a long time and I don't think they care enough about vita to bother.

On a more positive note, I'm loving the xcom port, its a perfect game for a mobile device.

koutoru

If you're in NA this list is updated regularly. Sony isn't making anymore PSTVs, but as of now devs are still making their games compatible if possible.
I think pstv compatibility is more or less given by default for current vita games with little to no extra development needed by devs.
I wouldn't be surprised if dev's had to opt out for their vita game not to be pstv compatible these days.

EDIT:If this Unity Dev forum is to be believed, it's literally only a check box you select when publishing a Vita game.

Also I'm assuming only PSV Memory cards work?

Yes, only Vita memory cards work. 16 GB works fine for me, but you might want a bigger one depending on how many games you plan to DL. Domestically the largest available is 32 GB, but you can import a 64 GB card from Japan.

I think pstv compatibility is more or less given by default for current vita games with little to no extra development needed by devs.
I wouldn't be surprised if dev's had to opt out for their vita game not to be pstv compatible these days.

EDIT:If this Unity Dev forum is to be believed, it's literally only a check box you select when publishing a Vita game.

Yeah, almost every vita game has been PSTV compatible since its release.

Takao

Banned
https://youtu.be/7JU4KjIGQ10
https://youtu.be/jqOylE70PgM
https://youtu.be/nI1eyvz5gRw

O0iARC9.jpg
ao1ZGkD.jpg

HycWY8q.jpg
kD3NXUF.jpg

not gonna leave japan on vita

The thing that pisses me off the most with SE is not that they are not releasing games on Vita in west - I'd understand it if they weren't willing to translate stuff since it's expensive but when they make new version and that version gets translation while Vita one isn't even scheduled for digital release...

On the other as long as I get Toukiden 2 after two parts of GE I'll be happy ;)

Nope it wont. For some reason Sony locks vita games to the account they were purchased on unlike PS3/4.

It especially sucks for people that move countries since you can change the region your psn account is associated with either.

I really hope they change it one day but its been a long time and I don't think they care enough about vita to bother.

On a more positive note, I'm loving the xcom port, its a perfect game for a mobile device.

UGGH.

Now I don't know if I'll get it..

dallow_bg

nods at old men
LOUD on Planet X indefinitely delayed for Vita.
Just got a Kickstarter email about it.

Unfortunately we are still having performance problems with our UI on the PSVita. We are actively trying to work on a solution with Unity, but the PSVita port is indefinitely delayed at this point.

I still wish Account Switching is a thing on the Vita.

Same here. Its my main want for my Vita. Having a USA, Euro and Japanese account on one Vita so I could access all PSN shops, regional DLC and digital games without having to have multiple Vita's etc. would be a big plus for me. Though I totally get that I'm in the small minority of wanting this.

L.O.R.D

Same here. Its my main want for my Vita. Having a USA, Euro and Japanese account on one Vita so I could access all PSN shops, regional DLC and digital games without having to have multiple Vita's etc. would be a big plus for me. Though I totally get that I'm in the small minority of wanting this.

i don't have a problem with reset, i have a problem with the 5 minute video that force me to watch it every fucking time, that's why i hate doing that, because of the introduction video.

Fady K

It's definitely been a sad few weeks since my last update, especially with a few games being announced for the west but not the Vita version. Regardless, that's as far as I'll go with the bad news. How about a lot of things we can look forward to for a change? Enjoy this round of updates my Vitafriends - and, to those who are banned, stay safe and see you back here soon!

By the way - apologies if I posted any updates that are already covered previously, skimmed through the thread and tried to avoid any repetition.

* A Duel Hand Disaster: Trackher - Announcement trailer. Upcoming arcade-like score chasing shooter from Ask An Enemy Studios.
dJfu4oWl.jpg

* Laser Disco Defenders - a new twin-stick/bullet-hell music shooter from Out of Bounds. Announcement trailer.
sTFu4hol.jpg

* Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X is heading westward thanks to SEGA! Localization trailer here. The game will be out this fall, physically too.
25535462414_59f9aa5650_b.jpg

25535462844_ac6dbae912_b.jpg

* Rocketbirds 2: Evolution will be coming to the Vita real soon - April 26th.
26170826641_bc254ef486_z.jpg

* Kenka Bancho Otome - opening animation here.
Kenka-Bancho-Otome-OP-Movie.jpg

* Zero Time Dilemma releases in English on June 28. If you haven't played Virtue's Last Reward yet, do so as soon as possible as it is absolutely glorious. Trailer here for ZTD.
Zero-Time-Dilemma-Dated-June-28.jpg

* The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd Evolution hits Japanese Vitas on July 14.
the-3rd-Evo-July-14-Japan.jpg

* Grand Kingdom - here's a preview of the battle system. Out on June 17 (Europe) and 21st (NA).
GK-PV_03-24-16.jpg

* Utawarerumono: The Two Hakuoros - the third and final chapter of the series launches on Japanese Vitas on September 21. TV Spot here.
Fb8OiZ3l.jpg

* Uppers comes out on July 14th in Japan. The demo is already available in the Japanese PSN store.
Uppers-Redated-July-14-JP.jpg

* Caligula here's some art and screens of the upcoming JRPG from FuRyu. Looking Persona-is and pretty sweet. Out on June 23 in Japan.
Caligula_03-25-16_005.jpg

Caligula_03-25-16_007.jpg

Caligula_03-25-16_009.jpg

Caligula_03-25-16_010.jpg

Caligula_03-25-16_012.jpg

Caligula_03-25-16_013.jpg

Caligula_04-08-16_005.jpg

* Toukiden 2 releases on June 30 in Japan. Official trailer here.
Toukiden-2-Dated-Japan.jpg

Toukiden-2_2016_03-28-16_004.jpg_600.jpg

Toukiden-2_03-31-16_003.jpg

Toukiden-2_03-31-16_010.jpg

* Shin Hayarigami 2 is an upcoming horror themed visual novel from Nippon Ichi. Comes out on July 7th in Japan. Here's hoping for a localization someday!
3lW0Uuj.jpg

* Root Letter comes out on June 16 in Japan. Trailer here - with English subtitles - click on CC and select English
HJC5vmc.jpg

Root-Letter-June-16-Japan.jpg

Root-Letter_03-31-16_003.jpg

Root-Letter_03-31-16_006.jpg

Root-Letter_03-31-16_009.jpg

Root-Letter_03-31-16_001.jpg

* Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - have a look at the lovely Japanese boxart, game comes out over there on July 21.
Ys-VIII-Lacrimosa-of-Dana_2016_03-30-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

* Oddworld: New N Tasty - In case you missed it, Oddworld: New N Tasty will be coming out physically on the Vita thanks to Limited Run Games!
Oddworld-New-Tasty-PS4-PSV-Physical-Ann-768x432.jpg

* MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies has been slightly delayed to May 10 for NA and TBA for EU (likely very soon after).
MegaTagmension-Delay_03-31-16.jpeg

* The Genius of Sappheiros - an updated version of a previously released JRPG hitting Japanese Vitas on April 28
4bmrB4S.jpg

Genius-Sappheiros-PSV-April-28_002-600x339.jpg

* Bullet Girls 2 is releasing in Japan on April 21. Trailer here.
Bullet-Girls-2-PV2.jpg

* Punch Line releases in Japan on April 28. Here's the boxart:
Punch-Line_2016_04-04-16_002.jpg_600.jpg

* Divine Prison Tower: Mary Skelter - Debut screens for the upcoming JRPG.
Divine-Prison-Tower-Mary-Skelter_2016_04-05-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

Divine-Prison-Tower-Mary-Skelter_2016_04-05-16_002.jpg_600.jpg

Divine-Prison-Tower-Mary-Skelter_2016_04-05-16_003.jpg_600.jpg

Mary-Skelter_04-05-16_004.jpg

* World's Longest 5 Minutes - is a Syupro-DX-developed Nippon Ichi Software game. Comes out in Japan on July 28.
4QJoi8t.jpg

Worlds-Longest-5-Mins_04-06-16_002-600x339.jpg

* Attack on Titan hits the Vita on August 26th (Europe) and 30th (NA). New trailer.
Koei-Tecmo-AoT-Dated-US-EU.jpg

* Hyperdimension Neptunia VS Sega Hard Girls comes out in the west this fall.
Superdimension-Neptune-vs-Sega-Hard-Girls_2016_04-07-16_006.png_600.jpg

* Ray Gigant Since we can finally look forward to this in May, check out the English screens below:
Ray-Gigant_2016_04-08-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

Ray-Gigant_2016_04-08-16_012.jpg_600.jpg

Ray-Gigant_2016_04-08-16_007.jpg_600.jpg

* Fate/Extella - Here are some new screens:
Fate-Extella_03-22-16_001.jpg

Fate-Extella_03-22-16_002.jpg

Fate-Extella_03-22-16_003.jpg

* Dynasty Warriors: Eiketsuden - new turn-based strategy RPG in the series. Trailer coming out on April 21.
DWE_04-07-16_002.jpg

DWE_04-07-16_006-600x278.jpg

DWE_04-07-16_007.jpg

DWE_04-07-16_009.jpg

DWE_Fami-shot_04-06-16_004-600x338.jpg

Here's the top 10 downloaded Vita games in North America in March (Xcom made the top 10?? Awesome!):

1 Jak and Daxter Collection
2 Assassin’s Creed III Liberation
3 DIGIMON STORY CYBER SLEUTH
4 Monster Monpiece
5 Muramasa Rebirth
6 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus
7 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
8 Breath of Fire III
9 Super Stardust Delta
10 Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD

It's been a while since I updated the new releases section, here's a recap:

Assassin's Creed Chronicles
RcO1bHbl.jpg

Skullgirls 2nd Encore
BymjsmO.jpg

Green Game: Timeswapper
UNV0Imsl.png

Unepic
0BE3FVO.jpg

Trillion: God of Destruction
y28DxEt.jpg

Civilization Revolution 2 Plus
YSQQNpp.jpg

Maliya
lns9DeKl.png

Knight Solitaire
m1z01Tel.png

Xcom: Enemy Unknown Plus
HZmgbxvl.jpg

Day of the Tentacle Remastered
9rpSTHU.jpg

P.S. Nice update Fady!

Thanks a lot Kresnik! Been a while, enjoy the latest update!

Setsuna isn't coming to Vita in the west, but Steam instead. Digital only on PS4 as well

http://www.iamsetsuna.com/us/

ok

Sad to see this from Square-Enix. They also did this with Final Fantasy Adventure and Romancing Saga 2. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't even bring over World of Final Fantasy.

Not the best shots, but my neon orange Vita arrived. I love it.

I lost access to my PlayStation Mobile games during the switch, but ooooh well.

Looks beautiful - congrats bud

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199137

Don't know if you all noticed this thread, but apparently Telltale is ~350 people now (vs. 70 when they made The Walking Dead.

And yet no sign of their Vita ports anywhere. Eyeroll.

Big Telltale fan, impressed by how much they've grown, but yeah - their Vita output is always late, very late **

I'm shocked Romancing SaGa 2 is coming over, but I would've been even more shocked if it was on Vita. Square Enix is killing me here. I'm pretty certain it sold better on Vita than mobile in Japan too.

When smaller devs like Xseed and NIS America continue to localize the most niche games (even if that's their expertise), I don't understand why Square-Enix can't. Definitely the most disappointing publisher for me when it comes to the Vita. I can't think of a worse publisher when it comes to Vita games.

my first ever physical PS Vita game

How does it run bro? I look forward to picking it up on the Vita as well.

I know you've been waiting for a while for this, happy to see that your patience will be rewarded Shizuka ^^

OmegaZero

So how's XCOM Plus?
I'm interested but the stealth release has me suspicious. Also thanks for the update based Fady pls have my children.

redcrayon

Thanks Fady!

Some great looking games there. Toukiden 2 looks ambitious- I'm interested to see how it runs on Vita.

Otherwise it's great to finally be approaching nailed-down western release dates for some of the stuff I've been looking forward to for ages like Grand Kimgdom and Ray Gigant.

redcrayon

So how's XCOM Plus?
I'm interested but the stealth release has me suspicious. Also thanks for the update based Fady pls have my children.
The core gameplay is there and intact. Most noticeable is the load times, up to a minute before and after missions. Also there's a mild delay of a second or so when switching between areas of the base, and a slight loss of quality in the visuals (not that you notice much during actual gamplay, but it's more visible in the character models up close when in/deploying from the skyranger or selecting troops).

All in all, it's the PS3 game with the Enemy Within add-ons, so there's genetic enhancement options, battle suits, more enemy types, a new enemy faction etc. I'm pleased that the core gameplay is intact, the graphics don't bother me (I barely notice despite pouring hundreds of hours into the PS3 games, it's not what I play Xcom for) but the load times can get a little annoying.

Fady K

By the way are you guys liking the format of my updates? Is it too much at once (yesterday's updates covered almost 30 titles)? Would you rather have shorter updates? Feel free to share any feedback :D

Really want a Caligula localization

I would expect it, looks like a lovely title to localize

So how's XCOM Plus?

You are most welcome OmegaZero, glad you liked it :D

Thanks Fady!

Some great looking games there. Toukiden 2 looks ambitious- I'm interested to see how it runs on Vita.

Otherwise it's great to finally be approaching nailed-down western release dates for some of the stuff I've been looking forward to for ages like Grand Kimgdom and Ray Gigant.

Thanks redcrayon :D (BTW would u recommend the Vita version of Xcom even if I have it on PS3? Are the graphics much worse on the Vita?)

Indeed - we have a lot to look forward to despite a few games skipping an English release by Square Enix.

redcrayon

Thanks redcrayon :D (BTW would u recommend the Vita version of Xcom even if I have it on PS3? Are the graphics much worse on the Vita?)
Hmm, I wouldn't say they are so much worse as to make a huge difference when playing, but they are worse. Most of the time you are so far zoomed out you can barely notice, but if you are the type of player who wants pin-sharp edges on body armour etc in the cut scenes, then you'll notice.

Personally I love it and have the PS3 games as well as the Vita port, but then graphics have never really been something I care that much about- I'm as happy playing tactics games with SD visuals as I am playing them with miniatures or board game tokens! Maybe I'm just easily pleased :D

What kind of game is that Caligula? It looks like an Action RPG but I can't tell from the videos it's kind of all over the place haha.

Super hyped for Toukiden 2 and Ys VIII, will definitely be among my two standouts of 2016, granted they are localized here before the end of the year.

By the way are you guys liking the format of my updates? Is it too much at once (yesterday's updates covered almost 30 titles)? Would you rather have shorter updates? Feel free to share any feedback :D

It's fine the way it is now, but I wouldn't mind shorter, frequent updates either. I'm" down for whatever works for you.

Top Bottom