• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

I just keep the save files for the digital vita games I own on my pc while deleting the game data.
It saves a ton of space.

True, but I always keep stuff just 'cause it's quicker for me to restore from CMA with a wired transfer than it is to redownload. That and for the DLC profiles for games that would be a pain to individually re-DL everything to, like the pinball games, LBP, SF x Tekken, Borderlands 2 etc.

I'm selling my 32GB memory card to a friend, what should I do before sending it to him?

It should ask him to format the memory card if he tries to insert it into any system that doesn't have your PSN on it. If you want to be certain though, you can format it yourself in settings.

autoduelist

Against all odds and reviews and everyone i have talked to i got Natural Doctrine Vita. This game is becoming quite rare in my country and i wanted to try it. Im quite surprise actually , its a nice game , very hard and sometimes unforgiving but i like it.

it was narrowly beat out by The Binding of Isaac for my goty that year, but as time passes it's only grown in admiration from me and may be my favorite vita gaming experience. I realize not everyone 'got' the game, but it sunk it's teeth in me deep and provided the most truly strategic gaming experience I can think of in, well, a very, very long time.

incpdo

it was narrowly beat out by The Binding of Isaac for my goty that year, but as time passes it's only grown in admiration from me and may be my favorite vita gaming experience. I realize not everyone 'got' the game, but it sunk it's teeth in me deep and provided the most truly strategic gaming experience I can think of in, well, a very, very long time.

im glad im not alone thinking the game is not bad at all

Sakwoff

Since this appears to be where VitaGAF gathers these days:

I've got a bit of a hankering for exploring tile-based dungeons step by step from a first person perspective lately. You know, Wizardry-like stuff. I know that there are a bunch of these games for Vita. I'll probably get only one game, so... which one should I go for?

I'm basically looking for challenging, interesting dungeons + a good combat system. I don't particularly care for excessive anime cheesecake, but I'm able to see past that if the gameplay hits the spot.

I've got a bit of a hankering for exploring tile-based dungeons step by step from a first person perspective lately. You know, Wizardry-like stuff. I know that there are a bunch of these games for Vita. I'll probably get only one game, so... which one should I go for?

I'm basically looking for challenging, interesting dungeons + a good combat system. I don't particularly care for anime cheesecake, but I'm able to see past that if the gameplay hits the spot.
I'd say Stranger of Sword City which just came out a few days ago.

I'd also recommend Demon Gaze but it's hard to say if it fits your definition of "challenging". I though the difficulty was good, but I'm a beginner in the genre.

Dungeon Traveler 2 is also supposed to be extremely good, but it has the most anime cheeskake.

bomblord1

Banned

I'm basically looking for challenging, interesting dungeons + a good combat system. I don't particularly care for excessive anime cheesecake, but I'm able to see past that if the gameplay hits the spot.

Are there? I can only think of like 2 or 3 out in the West and 1 of them can't be discussed here.

Saphirax

I'm basically looking for challenging, interesting dungeons + a good combat system. I don't particularly care for anime cheesecake, but I'm able to see past that if the gameplay hits the spot.

Since you said challenging - Stranger of Sword City or Dungeon Travelers 2. DT2 has a lot of fanservice, but the dungeons (especially postgame) are something else. Both games are challenging. SoSC has permadeath and you can't save in dungeons.

DT2 will last you longer since the post game is bigger than the main game. SoSC has better art. There are OTs for both games on GAF - you should check them out and see which one you like better.

Are there? I can only think of like 2 or 3 out in the West and 1 of them can't be discussed here.

Demon Gaze, SoSC, Ray Gigant, DT2, Operation Abyss oh and Mind Zero (I refuse to acknowledge that game as a drpg.)

Sakwoff

Since you said challenging - Stranger of Sword City or Dungeon Travelers 2. DT2 has a lot of fanservice, but the dungeons (especially postgame) are something else. Both games are challenging. SoSC has permadeath and you can't save in dungeons.

DT2 will last you longer since the post game is bigger than the main game. SoSC has better art. There are OTs for both games on GAF - you should check them out and see which one you like better.

SoSC definitely looks way more appealing to me, aesthetically. But yeah, what you're saying about DT2 sounds right up my alley in terms of gameplay. (My background is basically having played a bunch of old PC RPGs like the Wizardries, Bard's Tales and Might and Magics, always having been a fan of the punishing nature of the former.)

These two are definitely on my shortlist. I'll probably decide on a whim or which one of these happens to be carried by my local game store.

Thanks for the helpful answers, guys. :)

dracula_x

forma.8 running on PSVita – https://twitter.com/MixedBagGames/status/727268675963740160

ChfG_QCWgAEmTnR.jpg:orig

usmanusb

I have Nintendo 3ds xl and thinking about ps vita. Is it a good time to buy or would there be anything new coming from Sony?

I have Nintendo 3ds xl and thinking about ps vita. Is it a good time to buy or would there be anything new coming from Sony?

New things don't come from Sony. They haven't in a very long time. The Vita's strongest support are indie developers (for which 2016 is a phenomenal year) and Japanese developers, which may or may not interest you.

Unless you meant, like, a new handheld or a revision. Is that what you meant? In that case, I don't think so. There was a patent for clickable sticks on a handheld a while ago, but that has yet to amount to anything else. There have been no rumblings of a successor.

usmanusb

New things don't come from Sony. They haven't in a very long time. The Vita's strongest support are indie developers (for which 2016 is a phenomenal year) and Japanese developers, which may or may not interest you.

Unless you meant, like, a new handheld or a revision. Is that what you meant? In that case, I don't think so. There was a patent for clickable sticks on a handheld a while ago, but that has yet to amount to anything else. There have been no rumblings of a successor.

Thanks, I was thinking about revise version of vita or something new from Sony but seems otherwise..

Which current version of vita is recommended to get?

Forma.8 is a Metroidvania, right? It's on my radar for sure. It looks kind of mysterious.

Thanks, I was thinking about revise version of vita or something new from Sony but seems otherwise..

The old OLED model has its fans, but there's really no reason not to get a 2000/slim. Unless you REALLY like OLED screens, which you very well may. This is a strong enough reason for some people; you may be one of them.

The 2000 has better speakers, a brighter screen, better battery, is thinner and lighter, and has a mini usb charger instead or the discontinued proprietary cable. They're also easier to find.

Vita hardware is dead. Sony won't be releasing any more revisions. Get a 2000 for the better battery life, form factor, and standard USB charging cable.

NDPsycho

Vita hardware is dead. Sony won't be releasing any more revisions. Get a 2000 for the better battery life, form factor, and standard USB charging cable.

I have both, and the OLED screen is amazing. That said, if you're not directly comparing them, you won't notice. The 2000 screen is really good too and the other improvements are worth it for most. I think the 2000 is just more comfortable if you play for any period of time. Plus the colors man! So many more colors to pick from if you import.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Forma.8 is a Metroidvania, right? It's on my radar for sure. It looks kind of mysterious.

The old OLED model has its fans, but there's really no reason not to get a 2000/slim. Unless you REALLY like OLED screens, which you very well may. This is a strong enough reason for some people; you may be one of them.

The 2000 has better speakers, a brighter screen, better battery, is thinner and lighter, and has a mini usb charger instead or the discontinued proprietary cable. They're also easier to find.

I am one of the OLED fans....but the charger is enough to say bye bye to OLED. I will be getting another Vita soon and it will be the Slim.

autoduelist

Vitagaf is actually living in Community now, in the Playstation Network thread.

To answer your question, I'd say start with the newest, Stranger in Sword City. You'll get all that old school Wizardry feel imo.

After that, Dungeon Traveler 2. Then Operation Abyss. Then Demon Gaze (Demon Gaze is actually quite good, just more of a 'beginner's drpg' in some ways).

Mind Zero is bland, bland, bland but does have some interesting combat ideas (combat has far more risk/reward than most, because you're constantly jumping back and forth between human (weak, but recharges mp) and demon (powerful combat) forms. I liked it more than most due to the combat, but it's bland dungeon design (until post game, oddly), bland lewt, bland characters, bland story.

If you don't mind getting PSP games, you also have Elminage and Class of Heroes 1/2 off the top of my head.

SoSC definitely looks way more appealing to me, aesthetically. But yeah, what you're saying about DT2 sounds right up my alley in terms of gameplay. (My background is basically having played a bunch of old PC RPGs like the Wizardries, Bard's Tales and Might and Magics, always having been a fan of the punishing nature of the former.)

These two are definitely on my shortlist. I'll probably decide on a whim or which one of these happens to be carried by my local game store.

Thanks for the helpful answers, guys. :)

I think you'll be happiest with SoSC to start? We have a similar background.

The latest models from Asia/ Japan that are 2006 model number i.e. they have matte finish and colour options. I believe gamestop in the US has the same model exclusive to its stores.

Yea I love the OLED vita I own but I rarely use it because micro usb charging + light + new matte finish is amazing on my blue 2006.

Just bite the bullet and invest into a 32 or higher memory card from the get go. saves you drama later.

heringer

Playing Sly Cooper for the first time and I'm loving it.

Very old school platforming, with no room for error. It might be unforgiving some times, but it's really satisfying in a way few 3D platformers are.

Too bad I bought a used copy and the code for the third game was already used. They should sell it separately on the store. I guess I'll get the collection again on a sale or something. Really enjoyed the demo of the newest game too.

Shame the Jak collection port sucks because it's another series I would like to play. Is the PSP version good at least?

Saphirax

Playing Sly Cooper for the first time and I'm loving it.

Very old school platforming, with no room for error. It might be unforgiving some times, but it's really satisfying in a way few 3D platformers are.

Too bad I bought a used copy and the code for the third game was already used. They should sell it separately on the store. I guess I'll get the collection again on a sale or something. Really enjoyed the demo of the newest game too.

Shame the Jak collection port sucks because it's another series I would like to play. Is the PSP version good at least?

They do sell it separately.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...eves/cid=EP9000-PCSF00271_00-SLY3EU110100SHIP

Saphirax

That's a broken link for me. Also, only the PS3 version comes up on search.

Apparently NA PSN doesn't sell them separately, whilst EU does. In fact the trilogy isn't available for the Vita at all on NA psn.
I read somewhere that the code for the third game expires at the end of this month though :/.

Anywhere I could find someone selling a code to Sly 3? Can't find on eBay.
Really the safest option is to buy the entire trilogy on PSN (the next time it goes on sale if you want it relatively cheap). It gives you individual downloads for each game, so you don't have to download the first two if you don't want to.

Of course, if you can find Sly 3 being sold cheaply elsewhere, go for it.

duckroll

HEY GUYS! I BOUGHT GUNDAM BREAKER 3 ON VITA! BEEN PLAYING IT!

IT LOOKS LIKE HOT GARBAGE AND RUNS LIKE A GRANDMA.

CONJECTURE: OROCHI 4 ENGINE = VITA TURD

PROOF: GUNDAM BREAKER 3

ALERT! ALERT! WARNING! HUGE GRAPHICAL TURD APPROACHING!

:(

Sega collection on the psp has it if I remember correctly.

That doesn't seem to be on the Vita store, but it is on the website store. I forget, is it possible to get it onto my Vita if I don't have a PS3 anymore?

Also, it just says playable on PSP, not Vita; are there any problems with it on Vita?

Chuy

That doesn't seem to be on the Vita store, but it is on the website store. I forget, is it possible to get it onto my Vita if I don't have a PS3 anymore?

Also, it just says playable on PSP, not Vita; are there any problems with it on Vita?
It's one of the transfer titles that requires a ps3 to work on vita unfortunately now that I'm thinking about.
There's no way to transfer it without a ps3.

Turnstyle

As this thread is THE number one resource for all things Vita on the internet, I've got a Severed code to give to one of you lovely people. Code is European.

First person to ask gets it.

Vita means life!

Its yours!

PM'd.

You're awesome. Thank you very much. Today's a holiday in Germany so I know what I'll do with my time :)

I hate just taking something, but I don't have any Vita stuff to give away. But I do have a EU code for the Falcom Mash-up pack costume DLC for DOA5LR on PS4. So if there's a Falcom/Trails fan in here who also plays Dead or Alive on PS4, you can have it. Same, here first person who asks gets it.

Pic 1 Pic 2

I hope that's better than nothing!

Top Bottom