• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

ZoronMaro

I'm glad people kept mentioning Grand Kingdom otherwise I would have ignored it. I had no idea it was a spiritual successor to Grand Knights History. Although I hate to add other long RPG to my backlog, pre-order done.

E: Shit I didn't think I was top of page. Great updates Fady, you're doing God's work.

Fady K

* Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force will be coming out in English on July 12.
Gundam-Extreme-VS-Force-Date_04-22-16.jpg

* Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization is hitting Japanese Vitas on October 27 and heading west this fall. Here's the Story Trailer (English).
Ivu5tmCl.jpg

* Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky is coming out in ENGLISH on October 18 - physically as well - :D All thanks to Aksys Games :) This tri-Ace (of Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile fame) developed RPG looks sweet to say the least.
BlvcOiU.jpg

* Sengoku Otome: Legend Battle - a new action game from Shirogumi New Media Development. Out in Japan on August 25. Trailer 1. Trailer 2.
M440LPj.jpg

Sengoku-Otome-PSV-Ann_002.jpg

Sengoku-Otome-PSV-Ann_003.jpg

Sengoku-Otome-PSV-Ann_004.jpg

* New Interpretation Stranger of Sword City: Black Palace - though the English version of the original game released recently, Japan is getting an upgraded version featuring new elements such as new classes and new events among other things. Comes out in Japan on July 21. Here's the debut trailer!
mXxOZvt.jpg

New-Stranger-Sword-City-PSV-Ann.jpg

Good to have you back, Fady! What are you most looking forwards to on Vita this year?

Thank you very much Dangerblade :)! I've prepared a steady stream of updates in the last couple of days and I have this current update you see within this post as well as another short one planned for later on today :D Enjoy it man :)

As for what I look forward to the most, my oh my, where do I begin :D? My biggest Vita game is easily Zero Time Dilemma, the final chapter in the incredible Zero Escape series ^_^ Bloodstained, Night Cry, Yomawari Night Alone and Full Throttle Remastered round up my 5 most wanted Vita games right now. How about you?

Awesome news. Can't wait to get my hands on it. And Grand Kingdom. And Cosmic Star Heroine. And Axiom Verge. And Darkest Dungeon. And...

Man, for a "legacy" platform the Vita sure gets most of my money, it's hard to keep up... :p

It looks stunning, that Odin Sphere :)! So many grand games coming up. Sure it's getting less support than usual, though for the final Sony handheld likely for years to come, may it continue to be supported for longer than expected!

I'm glad people kept mentioning Grand Kingdom otherwise I would have ignored it. I had no idea it was a spiritual successor to Grand Knights History. Although I hate to add other long RPG to my backlog, pre-order done.

Indeed it is the spiritual successor and looks more ambitious too :D I feel you - my backlog is too huge it'd be embarrassing to share the number of games I have that I want to finish.

maouvin

Bah, I never finished SAO:HF because I got bored with the gameplay near the end (and there'd be postgame too), but HR's changes to gameplay are looking great. I'm probably getting that sometime.

And welcome back, Fady!

Last Blade and Zero Time Dilemma are going in my Vita day one. Salt and Sanctuary is on the radar too...it might be the first Souls game I actually like.

Thank you very much Dangerblade :)! I've prepared a steady stream of updates in the last couple of days and I have this current update you see within this post as well as another short one planned for later on today :D Enjoy it man :)

As for what I look forward to the most, my oh my, where do I begin :D? My biggest Vita game is easily Zero Time Dilemma, the final chapter in the incredible Zero Escape series ^_^ Bloodstained, Night Cry, Yomawari Night Alone and Full Throttle Remastered round up my 5 most wanted Vita games right now. How about you?
I'm gonna go with Assault Android Cactus and Darkest Dungeon for games coming relatively soon, with Bloodstained as the ultimate number 1 for 2017 (hopefully!)

Currently going through my 120+ Vita game backlog - enjoying Broken Age at the moment!

JonnyKong

Yay my Vita arrived today.

I immediately downloaded,

Severed
Rayman Legends cos it's in the sale
Axiom Verge
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Then I stopped cos I was spending too much.

kng3025

Severed
Axiom Verge

Congrats, you did good mate. Great games and a great system. Almost done with severed and will jump into Axiom Verge afterwards. Still need to beat Rayman Legends, but Tales from space is solid game. Picked it up when I first got my vita.

Severed is legit. Gonna be honest and say it wasn't really on my radar since I generally don't like Drinkbox's style and sense of humor, but this is really awesome so far. Very atmospheric, decent difficulty, looks fantastic.

Glad to see Drinkbox isn't a one trick pony.

Fady K

* Uppers - Some new gameplay videos - here's the first vid, here's the second. Out in Japan on July 14.
Ajmp2gu.jpg

* World's Longest 5 Minutes - Debut trailer is here for Nippon Ichi's upcoming adventure/RPG game from developer Syupro-DX. Out in Japan on July 28.
4QJoi8t.jpg

* Light Fairytale (Previously known as Project Light - a work in progress video of the first 5 minutes of this RPG has been released.
lf1_thumb.jpg

* Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate - publisher Aksys has posted a new preview for those interested in the upcoming Vita RPG - due in North America in July 26.
Shiren_05-05-16.jpg

* Xeodrifter - Another previous release is getting a physical release on the Vita thanks to the good folks at Limited Run Games and Gambitious Inc! Renegade Kid's old school metroid-inspired platformer, Xeodrifter.
Ch26lPuVIAAg1TG.jpg

Bah, I never finished SAO:HF because I got bored with the gameplay near the end (and there'd be postgame too), but HR's changes to gameplay are looking great. I'm probably getting that sometime.

And welcome back, Fady!

Thanks a lot maouvin :) Hope you enjoyed today's multiple updates!

I'm gonna go with Assault Android Cactus and Darkest Dungeon for games coming relatively soon, with Bloodstained as the ultimate number 1 for 2017 (hopefully!)

Currently going through my 120+ Vita game backlog - enjoying Broken Age at the moment!

I heard *great* things about Assault Android Cactus. Darkest Dungeon looks like one of the better Vita games coming out!! I'm SO excited for Bloodstained!! So it appears you and I have a similarly numbered backlog ;D!

Thanks for the updates Fady :D The Vita's release schedule is packed this year, so many good games.

You are always most welcome bud :D I just posted another one ;D

Severed
Axiom Verge

Congrats on the Vita! Good games you picked there :D

Varg

Banned

Severed
Axiom Verge

Did you get a good deal on the vita, or did you just order one a regular price online ? I'm looking into getting one myself but if I can find it on sale it would be nice.

JonnyKong

I got my Vita from Ebay. I think I got lucky because it was only £60. The listing ended at 12:15am so I knew I had a good chance of winning as many others wouldn't have been awake that late bidding on it.

It didn't come with any games though, or a box, just the console, a charger and a 4gb memory card.

I think if you're after a cheap second hand Vita, Ebay is probably the way forward. I spotted a couple in two UK shops here today (Cex and Grainger Games) for around £90

L.O.R.D

5bf8e7b2b10a0ec2721247b98c024ee1.jpg

Ahhh dammit. What's the best price/place to get a 32 gig card?

save your save the troubles and get 64GB from play asia or ebay (it's around $80)

======================================

question for the people who have multiple Vita cards, did you noticed the bigger the card the slower it gets?

Why does one 64GB card remember its bubbles when I swap it in, and when I swap in the other, it forgets the bubbles? I always shut down the Vita before I switch cards.

bobawesome

Toukiden 2 got OG 3DS Hyrule Warriors'ed on Vita :/
Got bored by the first game quickly as I'm not really into hunting games. I guess Soul Sacrifice was the exception thanks to its RPG elements.
Do God Eater and Freedom Wars have RPG elements too?

Wow, you're not kidding. Toukiden 2 looks ROUGH on the Vita. :(

* World's Longest 5 Minutes - Debut trailer is here for Nippon Ichi's upcoming adventure/RPG game from developer Syupro-DX. Out in Japan on July 28.
http://i.imgur.com/4QJoi8t.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

What the fuck. Is this some Half Minute Hero spiritual sequel? That's so bought if so, HMH is one of my favorite PSPgames.

Vita pls, my wallet... ;_;

[quote="Fady K, post: 202865065"]It looks stunning, that Odin Sphere :)! So many grand games coming up. Sure it's getting less support than usual, though for the final Sony handheld likely for years to come, may it continue to be supported for longer than expected![/QUOTE]

I actually downloaded the Japanese demo on PS4 and played through it well over ten times. It plays like a dream, and combined with the original's excellent story, it's going to make a truly incredible game.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Why does one 64GB card remember its bubbles when I swap it in, and when I swap in the other, it forgets the bubbles? I always shut down the Vita before I switch cards.

You sure there isn't a game installed in the same spot as a system (permanent) icon on that second card?

t26

One Piece: Burning Blood and Attack on Titan are digital for North America. Gundam is probably digital as well.

incpdo

ok ill correct those i wasnt sure if they were digital only or not, sorry, but am i missing anything regarding releases confirmed?

I understand this gundam game will be the first NA release on the vita for this games

Saphirax

ok ill correct those i wasnt sure if they were digital only or not, sorry, but am i missing anything regarding releases confirmed?

I understand this gundam game will be the first NA release on the vita for this games

Zero Time Dilemma - June 28, physical

Has there been any recent word on Telltale games Tales from the Borderlands or Game of Thrones coming to Vita? Or Minecraft Story Mode for that matter?

JonnyKong

Oh man Severed is so good. My fingers ache from all the slashing though, I actually built up a sweat! I also haven't found a single secret yet, hmm. Nevermind, I shall persevere!

Takao

Banned
Same for Burning Blood no?
And Gundam is being released here? I think that's R3 only.

Burning Blood is getting an English release in EU.

Gundam Extreme Vs. Force is getting an NA/EU digital release. It's already out physically in English in SEA. Gundam Breaker 3 and SD Gundam G Generation Genesis have English SEA releases (pending in the latter's case), but no western announcement yet.

We would have heard something by now if they were even going to bother. It's best to expect nothing more from them on Vita.

Their last update was in mid-February on the PS Blog:

Great to see that there are still quite a few games ahead for the Vita. I am looking forward to a handful coming out this summer and I'm still searching for some that were released in the past. What a fantastic system. Keep 'em coming!

Also, thanks for the excellent thread.

Fady K

E: Shit I didn't think I was top of page. Great updates Fady, you're doing God's work.

Thanks for the very kind words friend :) I'm trying to get more frequent updates in rather than one insanely large post once a month that people can get lost in. Glad to see you're enjoying it :D!

What the fuck. Is this some Half Minute Hero spiritual sequel? That's so bought if so, HMH is one of my favorite PSPgames.

Vita pls, my wallet... ;_;

I actually downloaded the Japanese demo on PS4 and played through it well over ten times. It plays like a dream, and combined with the original's excellent story, it's going to make a truly incredible game.

By the way - World's Longest 5 Minutes DEFINITELY seems like it's tied to Half Minute Hero somehow - except 5 minutes rather than 30 seconds XD Let's wait till it releases to be sure. I too tried the Japanese demo of Odin Sphere and...wow. What a beautiful, buttery-smooth gem.

We would have heard something by now if they were even going to bother. It's best to expect nothing more from them on Vita.

They're likely still working on them; they tend to not announce release dates for their Vita ports I think.

Really this looks gorgeous :

BlvcOiU.jpg

It's the PS4 version I think but regardless, the game looks super sweet ^_^

Great to see that there are still quite a few games ahead for the Vita. I am looking forward to a handful coming out this summer and I'm still searching for some that were released in the past. What a fantastic system. Keep 'em coming!

Also, thanks for the excellent thread.

You are most welcome thebisonxrc :] Glad to see that there's a lot of titles for everyone to look forward to.

I've heard they have spoilers, so clickers beware.

I second that - be wary people. Nobody click on that trophy list.

Top Bottom