• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

JonnyKong

Hi everyone *waves*

Thought I'd subscribe to this thread as I just treat myself to a second hand Vita off EBay just yesterday. It only comes with a 4gig memory card, that's not enough is it? Anyone know where's cheap for buying them in the uk?

I've actually already owned a Vita in the past so I've already played all the big retail games, I'll be mainly focusing on the indies/digital releases.

First things first, I'll be buying Severed.
Axiom Verge.
I MIGHT get Nuclear Throne, or Isaac, I can't decide, I want to try get into that genre, but I don't know which of the two is most accessible.
I'm going to get that Mutant blob attacks game.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I have a hell of a lot to catch up on.

spannicus

Guacamelee. Wish we had more games like dead nation and helldivers. Still ticked about that diablo like game that was cancelled. May have to re buy book of memories.

Fady K

Here are the latest added releases:

NEWEST ATTRACTIONS

Neverending Nightmares
z8yIYBAl.jpg

Ray Gigant
fA4KYJm.jpg

Corridor Z
6LqRawjl.png

Azkend 2: The World Beneath
pGAi2iLl.png

Severed
8lHA8DZ.jpg

Rocketbirds 2 Evolution
rocketbirds_2.jpg

Stranger of Sword City
r1z5YeZ.jpg

Sun & Moon
YB4eiYD.jpg

Axiom Verge
83mKwqE.jpg

Risk of Rain
nYNeT0j.jpg

* Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness - For those interested, there's a limited edition you can pick up for this game on the NISA Online Store. (Vita version not pictured below, definitely available though). Out September 13th (NA) and 16th (Europe).
Psycho-Pass-Sept-NISA.jpg

25695067343_eef19d0b91_b.jpg

* Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates launches on August 4 in Japan. Opening animation here.
uQwr1pT.jpg

h46epbd.jpg

* Chronos Materia - it has been reported to be canceled for a while, though now it is official unfortunately. Game was set to be released over two years ago by Gust.
Chronos-Materia-Website-Vanished.jpg

* Divine Prison Tower: Mary Skelter - Compile Hearts' new dungeon RPG will launch on October 13 in Japan. Enjoy some new screens
Mary-Skelter-Oct-13-JP.jpg

Divine-Prison-Tower-Mary-Skelter_2016_04-13-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

Divine-Prison-Tower-Mary-Skelter_2016_04-13-16_004.jpg_600.jpg

Divine-Prison-Tower-Mary-Skelter_2016_04-13-16_005.jpg_600.jpg

Divine-Prison-Tower-Mary-Skelter_2016_04-13-16_009.jpg_600.jpg

I like the way your updates are formatted. I love how meaty they are.

Thanks for the feedback Labadal :)

Hmm, I wouldn't say they are so much worse as to make a huge difference when playing, but they are worse. Most of the time you are so far zoomed out you can barely notice, but if you are the type of player who wants pin-sharp edges on body armour etc in the cut scenes, then you'll notice.

Personally I love it and have the PS3 games as well as the Vita port, but then graphics have never really been something I care that much about- I'm as happy playing tactics games with SD visuals as I am playing them with miniatures or board game tokens! Maybe I'm just easily pleased :D

Ah, sounds fine then! I may skip the PS3 version then :D Thanks!

Oh man, thanks a ton Fady. Amazing stuff.

You are most welcome bud. Hope you return from your ban soon! In the meantime, enjoy today's update ^^

It's fine the way it is now, but I wouldn't mind shorter, frequent updates either. I'm" down for whatever works for you.

Thanks for the feedback. I can actually go for more frequent updates whenever I'm not too busy.

Great work Fady K, the vita is such a good system.

Thanks for the very kind words Wireframe, the Vita is probably the most underrated system of all time for me. Those of us who love it know, truly know its value and worth ;D

Moobabe

There's so much I want on Vita now...

Risk of Rain
Stranger of Sword City
Severed
Ray Gigant
Downwell

Man... time and money :(

I'll get that Psycho Pass LE. VN on Vita are great :p

I've started Persona 4 Dancing All Night yesterday and I like it so far. Story mode is a bit silly though... But the song aren't bad at all, loving what they did with the remix.
I plan to buy some song DLC, the one with Miku is at 5e, I think it's too much for just 1 song...

Fady K

* Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir - in case anyone missed it, the game has a European release date now - June 24, a mere two weeks after the NA release
by Atlus. Latest trailer - Oswald.
Odin-Sphere-Leifthrasir-June-24-EU.jpg

* MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies - another game with a recent European release date - May 13. (May 10th in NA)
AMzJVXX.jpg

* Root Letter is getting a limited edition in Japan when it releases mid-June. The game is coming out in English as well.
Root-Letter_2016_04-15-16_001.jpg_600.jpg

* Coven & the Labyrinth of Refrain Gameplay overview trailer from Nippon Ichi's upcoming dungeon RPG (hits Japan on June 23).
Coven-Refrain-Classes-PV_04-19-16.jpg

* Toukiden 2 - Here are some new screens and character shots for Koei Tecmo's upcoming action game (hits Japan on June 30). A Vita demo is planned for release in late May (for those on the Japanese PS store anyway). Debut footage of the Vita version here.
Toukiden-2_04-21-16_001.jpg

Toukiden-2_04-21-16_002.jpg

Toukiden-2_04-21-16_003.jpg

Toukiden-2_04-21-16_005.jpg

Toukiden-2_04-21-16_006.jpg

Toukiden-2_04-21-16_007.jpg

Toukiden-2_04-21-16_009.jpg

Toukiden-2_2016_04-21-16_002.jpg_600.jpg

There's so much I want on Vita now...

Risk of Rain
Stranger of Sword City
Severed
Ray Gigant
Downwell

Man... time and money :(

Money is one issue indeed, but the one thing that is increasingly difficult is time :[ That is why I can't invest in JRPGs like I used to -_- I'm not content with only playing 6-12 games a year haha :D

I'll get that Psycho Pass LE. VN on Vita are great :p

I've started Persona 4 Dancing All Night yesterday and I like it so far. Story mode is a bit silly though... But the song aren't bad at all, loving what they did with the remix.
I plan to buy some song DLC, the one with Miku is at 5e, I think it's too much for just 1 song...

I hope the game itself is interesting :] (Psycho Pass) I love me some visual novels and it's amazing how we've been getting more and more of them this gen!

FootballFan

Hi everyone *waves*

Thought I'd subscribe to this thread as I just treat myself to a second hand Vita off EBay just yesterday. It only comes with a 4gig memory card, that's not enough is it? Anyone know where's cheap for buying them in the uk?

I've actually already owned a Vita in the past so I've already played all the big retail games, I'll be mainly focusing on the indies/digital releases.

First things first, I'll be buying Severed.
Axiom Verge.
I MIGHT get Nuclear Throne, or Isaac, I can't decide, I want to try get into that genre, but I don't know which of the two is most accessible.
I'm going to get that Mutant blob attacks game.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I have a hell of a lot to catch up on.

Binding of Issac is the pinnacle

Man these past couple weeks have been fantastic for Vita. Been having an absolute BLAST with Risk of Rain. Can't wait for money to come in so I can buy Axiom Verge and Severed. Good times up ahead.

Shinriji

Which is the better BlazBlue on Vita?

Is there much of a reason to own both besides collecting?

Chrono Phantasma Extended. Continuum Shift Extend have a well done abridged version of the first game story mode, so you can buy it for that reason alone, but the actual game is kinda outdated.

There is no reason to buy OG Chrono Phantasma.

So Collin and Greg from KindaFunny have been playing a vita game that they can't talk about yet but say it's absolutely amazing.

Anyone have a clue what it may be?

Fady K

* The Last Blade 2 is officially hitting Vitas on May 24 :D Cross buy with the PS4 version too :) SNK's fighting game port will have local and online multiplayer as well, plus cross play across PS4/PS Vita. Enjoy this new trailer.
Last-Blade-2-PS4-PSV-May-24.jpg

Last-Blade-2-PS4-PSV-May-24_Art.jpg

* Zero Time Dilemma - here's the latest English trailer for Aksys/Spike Chunsoft's absolutely incredible and much anticipated final entry in the Zero Escape trilogy. Out on June 28 in English :0
ZTD-Chara-Trailer.jpg

* Caligula - Here's the latest trailer for FuRyu and Aquria's upcoming JPRG (Out in Japan on June 23). Enjoy the new screens and artworks below as well:
Caligula-PV2.jpg

Caligula_04-22-16_001.jpg

Caligula_04-22-16_002.jpg

Caligula_04-22-16_003.jpg

Caligula_04-22-16_004.jpg

Caligula_04-22-16_006.jpg

Caligula_2016_04-28-16_005.jpg

* Dragon Quest Heroes II - Footage of the Vita version. Out in Japan on May 27.
DQH2-Vids_04-27-16.jpg

* Hatsune Miku Project Diva X - The English version has a release date: August 30. The physical Vita version will also include a free pouch. Here is a new trailer (possibly the PS4 version).
Hatsune-Miku-Project-Diva-X_2016_04-29-16_002.jpg

Man these past couple weeks have been fantastic for Vita. Been having an absolute BLAST with Risk of Rain. Can't wait for money to come in so I can buy Axiom Verge and Severed. Good times up ahead.

Glad to hear you're having fun on it. Axiom Verge and Severed both look fantastic as well and received very high praise in these quarters.

So Collin and Greg from KindaFunny have been playing a vita game that they can't talk about yet but say it's absolutely amazing.

Anyone have a clue what it may be?

That's not a lot of information, could be anything lol

I'll go with Cosmic Star Heroine, I think release is close. Seems like something they would promote

mitchlol

I can't quite tell if my OG vita has a dying battery... It seems that if it is put into sleep mode it does within 3-4 days. I'm considering getting a 2000 model but my grips won't fit and I'd have to import a replacement... I'm enjoying freedom wars and I've still got digit on cyber sleuth to get to so I know a new vita will get use but still... $250 is $250 (AU)

Freedom wars related question: is every weapon viable and does the game pick up pace? I'm at code 2 and just got whacked with a shit ton of story crap and have only just got a new mission available.

heringer

Framerate on Toukiden 2 and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 seems rough on Vita. I guess the open world is too much for the hardware.

Still, I hope they come over eventually.

I disagree on DQH2, i mean it's not superfluid but look at how much is going on here, it runs very well imo
https://youtu.be/g6d2j3LHc_4?t=73

Well, it's not solid and the framedrops here and there are noticeable. But it's still fully playable und it looks good. I want this port!

This is much better than Gundam Breaker 3 in comparison. There are less mobs, it looks much worse and the framerate is absolutely terrible.

Aru

Toukiden 2 got OG 3DS Hyrule Warriors'ed on Vita :/
Got bored by the first game quickly as I'm not really into hunting games. I guess Soul Sacrifice was the exception thanks to its RPG elements.
Do God Eater and Freedom Wars have RPG elements too?

Fady K

* Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - Enjoy some new screens of the latest instalment in the Ys series. Out in Japan on July 21.
Ys-VIII-DPS_04-27-16_003-600x338.jpg

Ys-VIII_04-21-16_001.jpg

Ys-VIII_04-21-16_002.jpg

Ys-VIII_04-21-16_003.jpg

Ys-VIII_04-21-16_006.jpg

Ys-VIII_04-28-16_002.jpg

* Dynasty Warriors: Eiketsuden - Debut trailer for Koei Tecmo's upcoming strategy RPG. The Japanese release date will be revealed in 5-6 days.
DW-Eiketsuden-Fami-Release-Date-Stream-Ann.jpg

* Fate/Extella - some new screens from Marvelous' upcoming action game. Xseed is rumoured to be localizing this game.
Fate-Extella_Fami-shot_04-21-16_003-600x338.jpg

Fate-Extella_Fami-shot_04-21-16_006-600x338.jpg

Fate-Extella_Fami-shot_04-21-16_011-600x338.jpg

Fate-Extella_Fami-shot_04-21-16_013-600x338.jpg

* God Eater Resurrection - Some new videos from the upcoming English version. Battle gameplay trailer here. Character customization gameplay here. Event gameplay here. Out on June 28 (digitally).
KMiC9jZ.jpg

* God Eater 2: Rage Burst - Here's a gameplay video from the English version. Coming out digitally on August 30.
r3oLq65.jpg

* Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir - in case anyone missed it, the game has a European release date now - June 24, a mere two weeks after the NA release

Awesome news. Can't wait to get my hands on it. And Grand Kingdom. And Cosmic Star Heroine. And Axiom Verge. And Darkest Dungeon. And...

Man, for a "legacy" platform the Vita sure gets most of my money, it's hard to keep up... :p

Top Bottom