• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Do you see XSEED releasing both versions side by side, an outdated Vita version and an updated PS4 one? If anything, I'm more afraid for the Vita chances now than I was yesterday.

I don't see XSEED as being a company that localizes a game but leaves one version in Japan (in b4 Trails 3rd complaints). The PS4 updates sound kind of minor as well, expept for the obvious graphical ones.

They're not Square Enix :)

EDIT: Okay the updates seem a bit more substantial than I first thought, but I still stand by what I said. I'm confident if one version comes, the other will too.

Do you see XSEED releasing both versions side by side, an outdated Vita version and an updated PS4 one? If anything, I'm more afraid for the Vita chances now than I was yesterday.
Digimon had PS4 content backported for its Western release, right? Different company I know, but it's not unprecedented.

Saphirax

I don't see XSEED as being a company that localizes a game but leaves one version in Japan. The PS4 updates sound kind of minor as well, expept for the obvious graphical ones.

They're not Square Enix :)

EDIT: Okay the updates seem a bit more substantial than I first thought, but I still stand by what I said. I'm confident if one version comes, the other will too.

It could not be up to them though. What if Falcom only wants the ps4 version localized? I mean, it'd be shitty but it could happen. Hopefully we can get both.

It could not be up to them though. What if Falcom only wants the ps4 version localized? I mean, it'd be shitty but it could happen. Hopefully we can get both.

Sure I could be wrong about this, but it just doesn't make sense to me. We'll see.

In any case, I'm happy to get any version of the game.

18-Volt

Yikes, not a good E3 for handhelds. I can't believe how publishers try their hard to kill Vita and 3DS, but people still love and play them.

At least we have World of Final Fantasy this year. Plus Namco will have amazing stuff at Anime Expo in July, namely Digimon Next Order, Summon Night 6, Gundam Breaker 3 and Dragon Ball Fusion. XSEED can go to hell.

Saphirax

Yikes, not a good E3 for handhelds. I can't believe how publishers try their hard to kill Vita and 3DS, but people still love and play them.

At least we have World of Final Fantasy this year. Plus Namco will have amazing stuff at Anime Expo in July, namely Digimon Next Order, Summon Night 6, Gundam Breaker 3 and Dragon Ball Fusion. XSEED can go to hell.

That's...quite the overreaction. XSEED hasn't said anything about Tokyo Xanadu. No one is trying to kill the Vita or 3DS. Companies are just slowly moving to the ps4 because it'll be a viable platform longer than the vita will. It's unfortunate but that's the reality.

XSEED will bring Story of Seasons, Akiba's Beat and Fate Extella, at the very least. And Square just announced or re-confirmed two Vita games.

Calm down. No one is kliing handhelds.

Yeah, it's not time to overreact. There's plenty of stuff still coming to Vita for me to look forward to! Heck, there's a 2017 confirmed game I'm gonna buy on Vita (Super Robot Wars).

I guess I need to start transitioning to PS4 as well, I've barely used mine since I've had one the past two years haha. Need to replay Final Fantasy XII when it releases among other things :p

And to be fair, I'm happy the otaku devs are transitioning to PS4. I'd rather they went there than mobile.

Yeah, it's not time to overreact. There's plenty of stuff still coming to Vita for me to look forward to! Heck, there's a 2017 confirmed game I'm gonna buy on Vita (Super Robot Wars).

I guess I need to start transitioning to PS4 as well, I've barely used mine since I've had one the past two years haha. Need to replay Final Fantasy XII when it releases among other things :p

And to be fair, I'm happy the otaku devs are transitioning to PS4. I'd rather they went there than mobile.

I've been sort of forced into transitioning at least for physical copies because I prefer buying collector's editions. Atlus and NISA doing CEs on PS4 only. With Odin, I bought boht physical but for Grand Kingdom Im just getting the PS4 CE physical. Vita physical is online only on the NISA store I mean

I've been sort of forced into transitioning at least for physical copies because I prefer buying collector's editions. Atlus and NISA doing CEs on PS4 only. With Odin, I bought boht physical but for Grand Kingdom Im just getting the PS4 CE physical. Vita physical is online only

It's just so much more convenient for me playing on Vita, really is a shame it didn't take off more in the west, but ah well.

It's just so much more convenient for me playing on Vita, really is a shame it didn't take off more in the west, but ah well.

Oh dont get me wrong. I prefer it as well. Just saying what is happening as a collector. Like for Steins I didnt even buy the PS3 copy but I have 5 vita copies. Even cold steel II, not touching PS3. Just getting Vita.

2016-2017 might be the true wind down period for the Vita it seems

Its fine. Ive been truly happy with the 2016 lineup

Above and beyond what I was expecting

That's what I keep forgetting, I guess. There was genuinely a point I thought Vita would be pretty much done in 2014 and would have a bit of a grace-period run off in 2016.

In actuality 2015 was better than I was expecting and 2016 has just been mad. And like I say, there's even stuff confirmed for 2017 too. It's had a better run than I expected and I should be grateful for that.

It's just the way the console kept ticking on I thought it was never going to end :p

RK128

I agree with this; so much has come out this year and next year seems very solid with a number of titles (Bloodstained, Ys, Dangromnpa 3, ect) too. Vita has a great life so far and looking forward to what the next two years bring to the platform.

I agree with this; so much has come out this year and next year seems very solid with a number of titles (Bloodstained, Ys, Dangromnpa 3, ect) too. Vita has a great life so far and looking forward to what the next two years bring to the platform.

Its a good life for the system

3DS is getting retired in 2017 at some point (though Im betting both systems will have slightly extended life as budget products beyond that)

Its just a shame that one is getting a successor and the other isnt :(

RK128

Its a good life for the system

3DS is getting retired in 2017 at some point (though Im betting both systems will have slightly extended life as budget products beyond that)

Its just a shame that one is getting a successor and the other isnt :(

The 3DS will keep getting games until at least 2018. But the Vita is in a very odd spot; it is the base platform for many JP titles before they port them/put them on PS4. So, I could see it getting more support throughout 2017 and 2018 them I am expecting honestly.

Haha. Today has been an absolute rollercoaster of emotions as a Vita fan.

World of Final Fantasy stuff, yay!

Tokyo Xanadu being ported to PS4 and no news from XSEED, oh...

Akiba's Beat and Fate/Extella, yay!

But nothing on Net High or Uppers and the window seems to be shutting on them, oh...

Summon Night 6, yay!

But you know, it's what I can expect from E3 really - localization stuff. Which is great news, because I'm gonna play pretty much everything which has been announced (possibly not Fate, which looks a bit ehh). It's a shame about the other stuff but what can you do. Vita ticking on well until the end of the year and in to 2017 at least!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guys can you please refresh my memory? What are the bigger/better 2015 games that aren't yet localized?

Saphirax

Since Atlus is going to have more games at E3, at least according to Hardin's twitter, I wonder if one of them could be Utawarerumono.

Heysoos

This might be the wrong thread but I bought the Vita again a couple of days ago from the eBay sale. Impulse buy and I'm kind of regretting it because the prices of the memory cards are still fucking stupid. Where's the cheapest place to find a 32gb memory card? If I have to spend more than 50-60 bucks I'm probably just returning this. :|

Shinriji

This might be the wrong thread but I bought the Vita again a couple of days ago from the eBay sale. Impulse buy and I'm kind of regretting it because the prices of the memory cards are still fucking stupid. Where's the cheapest place to find a 32gb memory card? If I have to spend more than 50-60 bucks I'm probably just returning this. :|

How about a smaller card?

Guys can you please refresh my memory? What are the bigger/better 2015 games that aren't yet localized?

In terms of sales in Japan and had a vague chance of being localized (i.e. not Taiko): Tokyo Xanadu; IA/VT (although we already had confirmation on that one); Valkyrie Drive; Utawarerumono; Luminous Arc; Dungeon Travelers; Higurashi; Operation Babel; Ukiyo no Roushi.

Now I look at it like that, there's really not a whole lot, and there's still some stuff which has a chance (Tokyo Xanadu; Utawarerumono). Obviously this isn't counting things that got skipped like Nights of Azure.

It's just a shame, because there's what seems to be some awesome games in there (I'd pretty much play all of them except Valkyrie Drive & Dungeon Travelers)

heringer

I've bought a Vita a few months ago and I'm still shocked at the amount of games I'm interested on it. And I'm not even an anime fan (though I don't dislike it either).

It's actually a little annoying because there's so many games I want to play but I just don't have the time.

18-Volt

Since Atlus is going to have more games at E3, at least according to Hardin's twitter, I wonder if one of them could be Utawarerumono.

Some reddit rumor once said Aquaplus hated the way Dungeon Travelers (distribution) treated in Europe and decided to never localize their games. I hope this isn't the case, I've been waiting to play Utawarerumono since the release of PSP game. It was supposed to be one of Sting's best, and I'm a big fan of anything Sting.

Some reddit rumor once said Aquaplus hated the way Dungeon Travelers (distribution) treated in Europe and decided to never localize their games. I hope this isn't the case, I've been waiting to play Utawarerumono since the release of PSP game. It was supposed to be one of Sting's best, and I'm a big fan of anything Sting.

What happened to it in EU?

chunk3rvd

Fairly new vita owner and loving the system so far. Have to say though - on the last chapter of Wolf Among Us and the performance of this game is so disappointing. I wish I'd researched it earlier. Whenever you're in a QTE section it literally drops to 1-2 frames per second. 50% of the time the prompt pops up, the game freezes for a second then you get the fail animation. Really enjoying the story so wish I'd bought it on PS4 now. Anyone else had similar experiences or could there be something wrong with my Vita or memory card? Or are Telltale games just a bit too much for the Vita?

Fairly new vita owner and loving the system so far. Have to say though - on the last chapter of Wolf Among Us and the performance of this game is so disappointing. I wish I'd researched it earlier. Whenever you're in a QTE section it literally drops to 1-2 frames per second. 50% of the time the prompt pops up, the game freezes for a second then you get the fail animation. Really enjoying the story so wish I'd bought it on PS4 now. Anyone else had similar experiences or could there be something wrong with my Vita or memory card? Or are Telltale games just a bit too much for the Vita?
Telltales engine doesn't seem to be well optimized for the vita. all their games have issues afaik.

Top Bottom