• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Pata

i havent heard anyone say anything about it. I thought it was just standard. NISA usually releases the non persona games later anyway right?
It basically depends on the title, though some Atlus titles are the most affected (namely their recent 3DS titles: Stella Glow and Legend of Legacy, and Dungeon Travellers). That, and LH:ToCS.

Haha. Today has been an absolute rollercoaster of emotions as a Vita fan.

World of Final Fantasy stuff, yay!

Tokyo Xanadu being ported to PS4 and no news from XSEED, oh...

Akiba's Beat and Fate/Extella, yay!

But nothing on Net High or Uppers and the window seems to be shutting on them, oh...

Summon Night 6, yay!

But you know, it's what I can expect from E3 really - localization stuff. Which is great news, because I'm gonna play pretty much everything which has been announced (possibly not Fate, which looks a bit ehh). It's a shame about the other stuff but what can you do. Vita ticking on well until the end of the year and in to 2017 at least!

The window is shut on Net High, Uppers, Valkyrie Drive, and Tokyo Xanadu, unfortunately.

RK128

Half of those got English trophies, though. I feel like that has to mean something.

To be fair, having a set of trophies doesn't mean a game will happen or not. Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus has a Vita trophy list but a Vita version never came out.

I think at least Uppers and Valkary Drive will come over, considering the head developer of those projects wants those localized.

The window is shut on Net High, Uppers, Valkyrie Drive, and Tokyo Xanadu, unfortunately.

I feel it is too, I certainly don't think XSEED would've announced the games they did today if there was hope for them. You never know I guess.

What's disappointing is I distinctly remember Tom saying some time ago that if they want to bring a game across, no matter how busy their schedule is they'll find a way to fit it in somewhere. That means they either didn't want all of those games, or there's been a shift in that strategy.

RK128

I feel it is too, I certainly don't think XSEED would've announced the games they did today if there was hope for them. You never know I guess.

What's disappointing is I distinctly remember Tom saying some time ago that if they want to bring a game across, no matter how busy their schedule is they'll find a way to fit it in somewhere. That means they either didn't want all of those games, or there's been a shift in that strategy.

I'm wondering if they are developing PS4 versions of VD and Uppers like they did with Toko Xandau, so when they announce localization plans for the former two games, it will be paired with a PS4 version announcement.

I don't know honestly, but I am personally pleased with the announced localizations. I'm sure more are on the way but the announcements we go today were great to hear.

It basically depends on the title, though some Atlus titles are the most affected (namely their recent 3DS titles: Stella Glow and Legend of Legacy, and Dungeon Travellers). That, and LH:ToCS.

Completely unrelated to your posts, but your avatar makes we want Fancy Pants Adventures on Vita!

Hey cool, the regular standard edition of Odin Sphere I ordered from Amazon came with a soft cover artbook anyway, even though it wasn't the storybook LE.

This will be the first cart game I'm playing on the new slim that arrived yesterday... which I'm actually really liking having now. Screen color coolness is taking some getting used to, but it's shiny, smooth and looks like so much newer. Just different.

Buttons and heft feel great and the sound is way louder, even with headphones... sounds like how I swear my OLED used to sound like years ago. Since swapping my 64GB card around is such a pain with too many bubbles, I guess I'm going to main this.

heringer

Got God of War Collection since it was on sale. Definitely some framerate issues, but it's not too bad. Very playable. Game holds up very well!

Also got FIFA, Mega Man Legends 2 and I'm considering Gungnir.

Uppers isn't even out yet and Tokyo Xanadu just got a Ps4 version

I'd like to hope that the PS4 version of TX is a strong indicator that we'll get it, just that Vita version is going to be a hard sell unless they're able to get some features back ported. I wouldn't even care if it were just a graphical/framerate upgrade since that's to be expected when going from Vita to PS4, but significant content only being included in one version really kills any reason for me to care about the lesser version.

At this point though I honestly only really want them to just come out and say whether or not they're done with Vita unless it's a multiplatform release or there's a high chance for a port sometime down the road. It's just really off putting to see what is looking more and more like writing on the wall for some of these Vita games that only have a Vita version.

I'd like to hope that the PS4 version of TX is a strong indicator that we'll get it, just that Vita version is going to be a hard sell unless they're able to get some features back ported. I wouldn't even care if it were just a graphical/framerate upgrade since that's to be expected when going from Vita to PS4, but significant content only being included in one version really kills any reason for me to care about the lesser version.

At this point though I honestly only really want them to just come out and say whether or not they're done with Vita unless it's a multiplatform release or there's a high chance for a port sometime down the road. It's just really off putting to see what is looking more and more like writing on the wall for some of these Vita games that only have a Vita version.

So what I think is possibnle for both to release = vita game is base game at 40$. PS4 game is a vita port but it has extra shit so 60? To make up for vita coming late, free DLC? Id get this on both but play on vita only tbh.

Hmm interesting. I guess I never expected these to get shelf space and all. But then in India import stores usually just get 1 or 2 of each JP game at max.

18-Volt

I wouldn't be worried about Net High, Uppers and VD. They're coming one way or another but it seems XSEED JKS aren't doing their localization. You know, there are other Marvelous offices around the world and they have recently revealed their intentions to bring them. They can very well be Europe exclusive games though. I'd be more worried about Tokyo Xanadu and Ys 8, if Ys 8 gets a superior and much different PS4 version like TX, we're pretty much screwed.

For Atlus, I think they'll call it a year. I'm not sure about Caligula but in 2017 they'll be busy with EO5 (this series starting to bore me to death), Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, 13 Sentinels, Hatsune Miku Arcade and of course Persona 5. That's enough work for them.

It's Namco, Kotec and NISA who's got couple of surprises left for the rest of the year. NISA always announce something at Anime Expo, Hero Must Die and ClaDun Sengoku Vita/Steam this holiday sound perfect. Namco has 3 already localized games in their hands; Gundam Breaker 3, OG: Moon Dwellers and SD Gundam GGG, probably all coming to west this fall. They always have a "one final surprise" at the show and I think this year's star will be Digimon Next Order.

Right now KoTec has nothing slated for release this fall, but it's easy to predict their lineup: Toukiden 2, Dynasty Warriors SRPG and Atelier Shallie Plus. Firis and their first western collab Musou will probably be 2017 games.

There are also Root Letter and God Wars (latter one is nowhere to be seen), and it looks like Kadokawa themselves are handling the localization of them, all they need is just a publisher. PQube, most likely.

I wouldn't be worried about Net High, Uppers and VD. They're coming one way or another but it seems XSEED JKS aren't doing their localization. You know, there are other Marvelous offices around the world and they have recently revealed their intentions to bring them. They can very well be Europe exclusive games though. I'd be more worried about Tokyo Xanadu and Ys 8, if Ys 8 gets a superior and much different PS4 version like TX, we're pretty much screwed.

For Atlus, I think they'll call it a year. I'm not sure about Caligula but in 2017 they'll be busy with EO5 (this series starting to bore me to death), Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, 13 Sentinels, Hatsune Miku Arcade and of course Persona 5. That's enough work for them.

It's Namco, Kotec and NISA who's got couple of surprises left for the rest of the year. NISA always announce something at Anime Expo, Hero Must Die and ClaDun Sengoku Vita/Steam this holiday sound perfect. Namco has 3 already localized games in their hands; Gundam Breaker 3, OG: Moon Dwellers and SD Gundam GGG, probably all coming to west this fall. They always have a "one final surprise" at the show and I think this year's star will be Digimon Next Order.

Right now KoTec has nothing slated for release this fall, but it's easy to predict their lineup: Toukiden 2, Dynasty Warriors SRPG and Atelier Shallie Plus. Firis and their first western collab Musou will probably be 2017 games.

There are also Root Letter and God Wars (latter one is nowhere to be seen), and it looks like Kadokawa themselves are handling the localization of them, all they need is just a publisher. PQube, most likely.

Good points. Atlus hopefully also have Yakuza 6 on their plate as well for next year/2018 (sooner the better).

It's Namco, Kotec and NISA who's got couple of surprises left for the rest of the year. NISA always announce something at Anime Expo, Hero Must Die and ClaDun Sengoku Vita/Steam this holiday sound perfect.

After XSEED's announcement I wouldn't take anything for granted :p

With that said, they at least mentioned "looking into" Hero Must Die so maybe, maybe there's hope.

NISA seem on board with the Vita localization -> PC port strategy, so I guess anything is game. There's also World's Longest 5 Minutes and Labyrinth of Refrain that are possible I guess.

I wonder when Cyberdimension Neptunia Online's platforms will be announced. IFI have been the most reliable company for localizations of their biggest stuff for a while now (I was shocked when they announced MeiQ).

Saphirax

Yakuza Kiwami hasn't been announced for the west. Not only that but Atlus is only publishing Y0 and not doing the localization as far as I'm aware.

Also:

https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/740192558433767424

Last time NISA didn't announce anything at AX.

Shallie + will most likely be a 2017 game.

18-Volt

Yakuza Kiwami hasn't been announced for the west. Not only that but Atlus is only publishing Y0 and not doing the localization as far as I'm aware.

Also:

https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/740192558433767424

Last time NISA didn't announce anything at AX.

Shallie + will most likely be a 2017 game.

Neither is Miku Arcade, but they are strong candidates. What I mean is Atlus will be busy enough, they won't have spare time for 3rd party localizations. For the rest of the year, SMT4 Apocalypse will be their only game.

NISA didn't have anything AX last year, but they did in previous years. It's hard to tell what they will do, but they don't have a goliath of game this year: Disgaea 5. So they can use their time & resources on smaller games like ClaDun 3 or Rose Castle.

Yeah, Shallie could be 2017 game but I don't think Kotec would let this holiday season go empty. Something will definitely be there.

Got God of War Collection since it was on sale. Definitely some framerate issues, but it's not too bad. Very playable. Game holds up very well!

Yeah, I revisited those games after years on the Vita, and they're still awesome. Also made me realize I actually like 2 a lot more than I thought... more than 1. Crazy to have them portable... classics.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
In terms of sales in Japan and had a vague chance of being localized (i.e. not Taiko): Tokyo Xanadu; IA/VT (although we already had confirmation on that one); Valkyrie Drive; Utawarerumono; Luminous Arc; Dungeon Travelers; Higurashi; Operation Babel; Ukiyo no Roushi.

Now I look at it like that, there's really not a whole lot, and there's still some stuff which has a chance (Tokyo Xanadu; Utawarerumono). Obviously this isn't counting things that got skipped like Nights of Azure.

It's just a shame, because there's what seems to be some awesome games in there (I'd pretty much play all of them except Valkyrie Drive & Dungeon Travelers)
Thanks :) but at this point i'm not really confident about them.

Wasn't there a metroidvania one? I wanted that.

18-Volt

Wait, Mystery Gensokyo getting localized? Last game I'd expect. I hear the game isn't that good, just a generic anime roguelike. But a roguelike is a roguelike, I'd probably get this. I didn't know this was one of "Touhou" games.

I hope NISA wouldn't pull a XSEED and skip great Vita exclusives over low quality PS4 multiplats. But they're bringing Criminal Girls 2, even they dodged a AO rating for it, that's giving me some hope.

Saphirax

Wait, Mystery Gensokyo getting localized? Last game I'd expect. I hear the game isn't that good, just a generic anime roguelike. But a roguelike is a roguelike, I'd probably get this. I didn't know this was one of "Touhou" games.

I hope NISA wouldn't pull a XSEED and skip great Vita exclusives over low quality PS4 multiplats. But they're bringing Criminal Girls 2, even they dodged a AO rating for it, that's giving me some hope.

I wouldn't call CG2 great though.

I hope they bring Labyrinth of Refrain. Oh, and DG 2 of course.

Uff, another roguelike? I already have plenty of them, even more when Shiren releases :p

Shame, now I can feel Hero Must Die slipping away too, nooooo :(

Hansel?

Neo Member
So as someone who has a Vita, but has to this point only ever used it for MLB and fighting games (MK, Injustice, SFxT, etc), thought I'd stop in and fully go through this OP for once.

Already own P4G, but want to start up some more RPG's

So are there like three versions of every Trails in the Sky game or something? Why are there so many of what looks like the exact same title in every category in the OP? Is that just an oversight?

Takao

Banned
pray sieja localizes the marvelous games into english
they're already doing korean/chinese version of uppers iirc

or hope that xseed drops exclusivity for marvelous jp games they've passed on because I find it hard to believe the company behind Moco Moco Friends, Aegis of Earth and Langrisser: Re:incarnation wouldn't pick up a few of those

18-Volt

pray sieja localizes the marvelous games into english
they're already doing korean/chinese version of uppers iirc

or hope that xseed drops exclusivity for marvelous jp games they've passed on because I find it hard to believe the company behind Moco Moco Friends, Aegis of Earth and Langrisser: Re:incarnation wouldn't pick up a few of those

There is something weird going on here. It's not XSEED to skip that many games. Plus none of announced games this week are out so no localization/translation work is in progress right now, unless Marvelous/Acquire are planning a simultaneous release (highly unlikely, they dated Story of Seasons 2 for fall too). So basically right now they are working on one game, Trails in the Sky Third Chapter. Just one game, very unusual for XSEED.

Possibilities are:
- They are coming, but won't be announced at E3.
- They are not coming, after Tecmo and IFI, they decided to drop sexually inappropriate games (unlikely, they just released Estival Versus and seem to be happy with the result. Plus Net High is a very tame game)
- They are not the one localizing the games, Marvelous Europe is. They are the one hinted the ww release of Uppers and VD so. XSEED once mentioned that Marvelous Europe is a separate entity.
- PS4 versions of Uppers, VD and Net High are on their way and XSEED wants to do simultaneous release with Vita versions.

My bet would be on first one, with steam ports. I shall wait until I hear an official word and there are people who can give it. Come on Tom, give us some hints!

There is something weird going on here. It's not XSEED to skip that many games. Plus none of announced games this week are out so no localization/translation work is in progress right now, unless Marvelous/Acquire are planning a simultaneous release (highly unlikely, they dated Story of Seasons 2 for fall too). So basically right now they are working on one game, Trails in the Sky Third Chapter. Just one game, very unusual for XSEED.

Possibilities are:
- They are coming, but won't be announced at E3.
- They are not coming, after Tecmo and IFI, they decided to drop sexually inappropriate games (unlikely, they just released Estival Versus and seem to be happy with the result. Plus Net High is a very tame game)
- They are not the one localizing the games, Marvelous Europe is. They are the one hinted the ww release of Uppers and VD so. XSEED once mentioned that Marvelous Europe is a separate entity.
- PS4 versions of Uppers, VD and Net High are on their way and XSEED wants to do simultaneous release with Vita versions.

My bet would be on first one, with steam ports. I shall wait until I hear an official word and there are people who can give it. Come on Tom, give us some hints!

You forgot the possibility that they'll announce more games for E3. Or have they said they're done?

18-Volt

You forgot the possibility that they'll announce more games for E3. Or have they said they're done?

Some guy on reddit claiming to be insider said that there won't be any Vita exclusives at E3, you can see the link couple of pages ago on this thread. He was right so far, all they have announced was multiplat.

Yet it's still weird, they'll have only 3 games playable at E3 floor: Cold Steel 2, Corpse Party 3DS and Shantae. 3 games is pretty low for XSEED, they usually have no less than 6. And one of those 3 not even their game.

So basically right now they are working on one game, Trails in the Sky Third Chapter. Just one game, very unusual for XSEED.

Xanadu Next is probably having some amount of a retranslation done and the last tweet Hatsuu made on the subject of CS 2, it is still having voice files added in. Then there's the Touhou game which needs to be localized, but I can't imagine it having a big script at all. Even then that's 4 games, with 2 very likely to be wrapping up here soon (XN and CS 2).

I really cannot see their only releases for the remainder of the year being CS 2 in September (because let's be honest, that's when it is), Xanadu Next/Little King's Story sometime in the summer, and the indies being later this year. I definitely do not see them only releasing 3 more games this year that they themselves are actually working on. At the same time, if we were getting anything more than PC releases during the summer, you would think we would have heard about them with their other e3 news.

Some guy on reddit claiming to be insider said that there won't be any Vita exclusives at E3, you can see the link couple of pages ago on this thread. He was right so far, all they have announced was multiplat.

Yet it's still weird, they'll have only 3 games playable at E3 floor: Cold Steel 2, Corpse Party 3DS and Shantae. 3 games is pretty low for XSEED, they usually have no less than 6. And one of those 3 not even their game.

XSeed said themselves that multiplats are far more likely to come over at this point. No need to reference some random /r/vita poster.

18-Volt

Xanadu Next is probably having some amount of a retranslation done and the last tweet Hatsuu made on the subject of CS 2, it is still having voice files added in. Then there's the Touhou game which needs to be localized, but I can't imagine it having a big script at all. Even then that's 4 games, with 2 very likely to be wrapping up here soon (XN and CS 2).

I really cannot see their only releases for the remainder of the year being CS 2 in September (because let's be honest, that's when it is), Xanadu Next/Little King's Story sometime in the summer, and the indies being later this year. I definitely do not see them only releasing 3 more games this year that they themselves are actually working on. At the same time, if we were getting anything more than PC releases during the summer, you would think we would have heard about them with their other e3 news.

Yes, I also can't believe that their only remaining console releases this year are just two games. This is XSEED, they've been surprising me with the amount of games they release each year since their formation. There has to be more for this year.

I remembered, those Wizardry Vita ports are also in their alley. They passed on the second game, but now it's perfect chance to localize since it also hit Vita. Maybe?

XSeed said themselves that multiplats are far more likely to come over at this point. No need to reference some random /r/vita poster.

They didn't say that they'd never localize Vita exclusives. Right now there are not much multiplat games for them to localize and this would make them to release only 5 console games this year. Kinda pathetic after an amazing year.

Plus they don't have to remain as Vita exclusives, you know. XSEED is capable of porting games to steam. NISA and IFI are already using this method to bring more Vita exclusives to west and XSEED was the one who started this trend.

Plus they don't have to remain as Vita exclusives, you know. XSEED is capable of porting games to steam. NISA and IFI are already using this method to bring more Vita exclusives to west and XSEED was the one who started this trend.

Unless things have changed since we last heard something about that several months ago, Xseed still does not have people on the team that can port. Outside of the games that already had a PC release, the PC games we are getting/have gotten this year are all done by the developers. If Xseed could port things themselves, that would basically solve any issues with a game only having a Vita version, unless said game was niche enough that even PC wouldn't help prop up it's sales.

bryt

How is Summon Night 6? It looks interesting. From the videos I watched it looks like an SRPG with dating sim elements?

Takao

Banned
XSEED was the one who started this trend.

They were? Ys/Trails/Corpse Party are not PC ports. Those games all started on PC. As far as I can remember, the first one to do the localize on Vita -> port around thing was Gungho with Dokuro. Then Idea Factory ran with it (alongside their PS4 games, too).

They didn't say that they'd never localize Vita exclusives. Right now there are not much multiplat games for them to localize and this would make them to release only 5 console games this year. Kinda pathetic after an amazing year.

Neither did that reddit poster.

And AFAIK Xseed doesn't have programmers to port anything.

Paranoia is reaching critical levels here.

This isn't the first time games are skipped for localization. Shit happens. Happened with games on every system in existence. With XSEED games on Steam they might even come later with a port and just don't deserve a spot at E3.

2 out of 3 of the "big" XSEED localizations are on Vita. That's pretty good in my book.

Paranoia is reaching critical levels here.

This isn't the first time games are skipped for localization. Shit happens. Happened with games on every system in existence. With XSEED games on Steam they might even come later with a port and just don't deserve a spot at E3.

2 out of 3 of the "big" XSEED localizations are on Vita. That's pretty good in my book.

My problem isn't so much the games they announced, as much as it is the only "bigger" ones being 2017 releases. We're running off of 3 games which were announced last year and some indies to fill out the rest of this year. Where as last e3 we got half a dozen bigger games announced which actually came out that same year. I'd like to think that they have more in store for this year than just the 3 games they're working on (CS 2, XN, Touhou), but based on the last 2 years, they've announced the rest of the year's major releases at e3, other than PC games ofcourse.

Was just going through amazon preorders and remembered im still salty about yomawari night alone being more expensive to throw in firefly diary that I already own in LE form.

Top Bottom