• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

So will Firefly have its own cart in the Yomawari Release?

They said both games on 1 cart I believe. I don't know that will work because games can't install 2 bubbles afaik. So maybe a splash screen launcher for both games from 1 bubble. It also has a reversible cover for some reason. I dont understand the reasoning.

incpdo

So far last days in Vita news :

[NA]

Gundam Extreme vs Force digital only July 12 2016
World of Final Fantasy October 25 2016

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Fall 2016
SHantae: Half Genie Heroe Fall 2016
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star Winter 2016
Akiba’s Beat Winter 2016
Exile’s End Summer 2016
Summon night 6 2017 physical/digital
Touhou GEnso Wanderer 2017 physical/digital

[Japan only]

Demon Gaze II Fall 2016
Uppers July 12 2016
Super Robot Wars V 2017 (english subtitles for the asia version)
Reco Love: Blue Ocean August 25 2016
Reco Love: Gold Beach August 25 2016

[Misc]

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X rated in Australia

Im pretty happy so far .
Please someone correct me if im wrong

- PS4 versions of Uppers, VD and Net High are on their way and XSEED wants to do simultaneous release with Vita versions.

I highly doubt Net High is getting ported anywhere :p

Also I'd be surprised if Marvelous Europe did any translation work. Have they done any so far? I remember them tweeting about Natsuiro High School but that doesn't mean they're picking it up.

Paranoia is reaching critical levels here.

I know I'm one of the worst ones for it, but I kinda feel it's justified at this point. We've had some major reveals from two of the biggest Vita supporters at this point in the year and both of them seems to be opting for multi-plats and skipping exclusives (in case it wasn't obvious: XSEED and NISA).

It's not the end of the world. The Vita support is still there and will likely still be there going forward as long as the version exists in Japan. But I can understand why people are bothered since there's some fun looking exclusives that may ultimately get skipped (for me: ClaDun Sengoku; Hero Must Die; Luminous Arc Infinity; Uppers).

Pretty odd for me as well that as it turns out, the biggest exclusive supporters this year will be Aksys and IFI, both of whom I've always thought of as being much smaller than NISA & XSEED. Even though both of them are doing it for the later PC ports, it's still weird :p

Letep

Hi VitaGAF. it's been a while. After getting Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, I decided to go back to an OLED model after selling my launch OLED (dumb move) and getting a slim when it released.

I'm excited to play on the old system again. I miss the heft of it,and, of course, the screen. With Muramasa, Dragon's Crown and now Odin Sphere, I want it to be my portable Vanillaware machine.

Did I make the right call?

Hi VitaGAF. it's been a while. After getting Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, I decided to go back to an OLED model after selling my launch OLED (dumb move) and getting a slim when it released.

I'm excited to play on the old system again. I miss the heft of it,and, of course, the screen. With Muramasa, Dragon's Crown and now Odin Sphere, I want it to be my portable Vanillaware machine.

Did I make the right call?

The right call is having the OLED for home and the 2006 matte finish model in your bag for when you're out :p

OLED is great for a lot of things but it is getting harder and harder to find the charging wire so I'd get an extra few if I was you.

Letep

The right call is having the OLED for home and the 2006 matte finish model in your bag for when you're out :p

OLED is great for a lot of things but it is getting harder and harder to find the charging wire so I'd get an extra few if I was you.

Ha! It's such a magic fingerprint magnet.

Going through my PS+ backlog. I've reached the letter C!

Castlestorm is...interesting. I'm not a big fan of Tower defence, but there's some interesting ideas in this one so I'll give it another spin.

Ramune

I think this should be how I do it as well. I have a 1000 model and much like when I used to bring my PSP1000 to work, it would sort of weigh my scrub pants down. Vita1000 in a case does that to an extent, but a Vita2000 in a classic PSP style slipcase would probably be much more conducive for me.

And that cable...had one die on me and my 2nd one is still holding together, but yeah knock on wood. Has anyone have any experience with the Monoprice cable?

Ryan95

Where is my Graqnd Kingdom Demo damnit!

They must be waiting till their stream tonight to release it i guess?

Hasn't it come out yet in US? Here in Europe it was released yesterday (We'll have to wait for 11th June to get Odin Sphere Leifdrasir demo, so we're even xD)

RK128

[NA]

Akiba’s Beat Winter 2016
Exile’s End Summer 2016

[Japan only]

Demon Gaze II Fall 2016
Uppers July 12 2016

[Misc]

Im pretty happy so far .
Please someone correct me if im wrong

And this doesn't even included rumored games like Asterisk War Vita and Final Fantasy IX Remastered. Vita has been going well announcements wise so far :D.

autoduelist

My problem isn't so much the games they announced, as much as it is the only "bigger" ones being 2017 releases. We're running off of 3 games which were announced last year and some indies to fill out the rest of this year. Where as last e3 we got half a dozen bigger games announced which actually came out that same year. I'd like to think that they have more in store for this year than just the 3 games they're working on (CS 2, XN, Touhou), but based on the last 2 years, they've announced the rest of the year's major releases at e3, other than PC games ofcourse.

CS2... Cold Steel 2?
What is XN?

[NA]

Akiba’s Beat Winter 2016
Exile’s End Summer 2016

thanks for this! I don't have time to keep up with all of the e3 events so these summaries are great. i still have to look everything up, i guess, since i don't even know what genre some of these are but it helps.

I just looked up Touhou -- it's a roguelike, which sounds nice... but does anyone know if it will be difficult [please] or another super easy runaround like Sorcery saga was?

i'm sad there are no upcoming drpgs [unless i'm out of the loop]

Saphirax

CS2... Cold Steel 2?
What is XN?

thanks for this! I don't have time to keep up with all of the e3 events so these summaries are great. i still have to look everything up, i guess, since i don't even know what genre some of these are but it helps.

I just looked up Touhou -- it's a roguelike, which sounds nice... but does anyone know if it will be difficult [please] or another super easy runaround like Sorcery saga was?

Xanadu Next.

There's a drpg coming this fall - MeiQ Labyrinth of Death.

incpdo

CS2... Cold Steel 2?
What is XN?

No problem man , here is an update:

News from the end of may/early june 2016.
[NA]
Bard’s Gold June 17 2016
LUMO June 2016
Attractio June 2016 (confirmed by developer 2 hours ago)
Yomawari: Night Alone October 25 2016
Dragon Quest Builders October 2016

Shantae: Half Genie Heroe Fall 2016
Akiba’s Beat Winter 2016
Exile’s End Summer 2016
Cosmic Star Heroine Summer 2016 (14,99 in NA)
Steins;Gate 0 TBA 2016
Romancing Saga 2 TBA 2016

[Japan only]

Demon Gaze II Fall 2016
Uppers July 12 2016

[Misc]

FFIX HD Remaster [Rumor]

18-Volt

Xanadu Next

As for drpgs, we have MeiQ coming in September and most likely Mary Skelter/Demon Gaze 2 sometime next year (haven't been announced for here yet).

IFI said that they won't be bringing games that require editing and censorship and Mary Skelter is shaping up to be one of those kinky games. Mary Skelter staying in japan is a possibility.

But there is Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain from NISA and if they keep porting their titles to steam, we might see this in English next year. It's a job based exploration DRPG akin to Etrian Odyssey, I think it'll garner more attention than so-so Experience games.

And this doesn't even included rumored games like Asterisk War Vita and Final Fantasy IX Remastered. Vita has been going well announcements wise so far :D.

I'm not sure if that FF9 thing is real. Sounds more like a port testing.

IFI said that they won't be bringing games that require editing and censorship and Mary Skelter is shaping up to be one of those kinky games. Mary Skelter staying in japan is a possibility.

But there is Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain from NISA and if they keep porting their titles to steam, we might see this in English next year. It's a job based exploration DRPG akin to Etrian Odyssey, I think it'll garner more attention than so-so Experience games.
Mary Skelter looks about as "kinky" as a Neptunia game. This isn't like the Genkai Tokki series where half the game is spent rubbing monster girls.

And pretty much every DRPG is job-based and features exploration so not sure what you're talking about there. The only so-so Experience game was Operation Abyss. DRPGs will always stay niche, Etrian is pretty niche as well.

Ephidel

Mary Skelter looks about as "kinky" as a Neptunia game. This isn't like the Genkai Tokki series where half the game is spent rubbing monster girls.
Did you miss the Gematsu article about sexually stimulating the jail? Because I might have thought it sounded hilarious but I can see how it might be a sticking point for a company that has publicly stated that they don't want to censor anymore and that they haven't localised certain games because of that.
A couple of quotes from the Gematsu article:
In order to grow, the living prison known as “Jail” is always hungry for the big three desires of “appetite,” “sexual desire,” and “desire to sleep.”
You can satisfy these desires in both battle and while exploring dungeons, and by satisfying a desire to the maximum amount, you can obtain a whimsical “Jail Bonus” from the prison.
In dungeons, you’ll find “Emotion Points”—Jail’s erogenous zones—that you can stimulate sexually by touching. Additionally, you can stimulate the prison by examining “treasure chests” and “collection points” in dungeons, or by “licking” blood in battle.

Did you miss the Gematsu article about sexually stimulating the jail? Because I might have thought it sounded hilarious but I can see how it might be a sticking point for a company that has publicly stated that they don't want to censor anymore and that they haven't localised certain games because of that.
None of that sounds like content that would need to be censored.

There is only really one kind of content that is censored for the west (the Criminal Girls/ Monster Monpiece kind) by companies that aren't Nintendo. Mary Skelter has more mature (for the lack of a better word) themes, but I don't see anything that can't be released here.

That quote from IFI is pretty much a direct response to the Monster Monpiece / Genkai Tokki situation.

EDIT: Also I'm going to be pretty mad if we don't get the game. It looks awesome.

Have you seen all the trailers and screenshots they've shown for the game? As I mentioned a little while back, Compile Heart likes to make it super obvious when their games are frontloaded with fanservice. The worst they've shown us after about a dozen previews for the game, is a blood form for one of the girls (that I'm sure all the girls will end up having one) where they're wearing a skimpy outfit made of fire. Idk if you've seen some of the transformations in Neptunia, but it's about as skimpy as some of those, which those games got away with a T rating with them.

There's a pretty significant difference between Mary Skelter and a Genkai Tokki release when it comes to just how lewd they are, the former actually seems to be keeping it safe enough to where no edits would have to be made. With that said though, I do not expect this game to be T rated because of the themes in it, especially with the amount of blood it has.

With how they handle the "licking blood off the other girls" (which is literally just a skill you use in battle that only has a heal animation to it), the "stimulating the jail by touching" is very likely just that, you touch the heart shaped thing on the screen. If it were anything more than that, they'd have shown exactly what they mean by "touching" (aka what you do in Genkai Tokki).

Oh, didn't know about MeiQ or Mary Skelter. That's good to know. Thanks!

Are any of the upcoming games considered SRPGs?

Summon Night 6 is next year....and that's about it. The only other one would have been Luminous Arc Infinity, which it seems clear at this point that it's been passed over.

There's God War, from Kadokawa.

That too, forgot all about it since they haven't shown much for it yet.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Well apparently Grand Kingdom isn't getting the demo today. Something is really weird with this whole demo situation. First getting delayed from Tuesday to today and then not actually coming out today.

NISA seem to be blaming the PSN Store, saying that it needs to update for the demo to go live. From what I recall, the Store updates in the early afternoon PDT, not in the late hours of the day. I don't appreciate it when companies distort the truth like this. If it's not going to make a date, just be honest and don't try and pass the buck. All it accomplishes is upsetting your fanbase.

It's especially irritating that the demo is apparently live in EU and not here in NA. Hopefully this gets resolved tomorrow.

Takao

Banned
Heavy Arm said that Tales of Innocence R got an English R3 run. I refuse to believe he's not confusing it with Hearts R.

Well apparently Grand Kingdom isn't getting the demo today. Something is really weird with this whole demo situation. First getting delayed from Tuesday to today and then not actually coming out today.

NISA seem to be blaming the PSN Store, saying that it needs to update for the demo to go live. From what I recall, the Store updates in the early afternoon PDT, not in the late hours of the day. I don't appreciate it when companies distort the truth like this. If it's not going to make a date, just be honest and don't try and pass the buck. All it accomplishes is upsetting your fanbase.

It's especially irritating that the demo is apparently live in EU and not here in NA. Hopefully this gets resolved tomorrow.

Yeah im pretty disappointed in how this whole thing is being handled but i was gonna buy the game anyways.

They need to get their shit together

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Yeah im pretty disappointed in how this whole thing is being handled but i was gonna buy the game anyways.

They need to get their shit together

They certainly need to get their shit together and give us a clear answer to what's happening considering they blew yet another date.

That said, the reason I was looking forward to the demo was to see how well it performed on the Vita. I pre-ordered it a while back, but if it runs horribly I would probably cancel and pick up Odinsphere instead (damn that game is awesome). Can anyone in EU give an impression of the demo? Does it run smooth, load decently quick, etc.?

Takao

Banned
Got as in it already happened? How could that possibly happen with no one knowing?

He said it's actually out of print now. A few people have asked if he got Innocence confused with Hearts, but he hasn't responded.

I can't believe that A) we wouldn't know of its existence, B) that Bandai Namco wouldn't have dumped it on PSN in the west. Even if the English script was OG SAO-tier, you know they would have.

autoduelist

Eh, tech happens. When you're relying on another company to get your stuff live on the date you expect there's always room for something minor to go wrong.

Top Bottom