• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis will be the first Vita title to be released on two carts

16jib8qmmq8x.jpg

found on reddit

Now you mention it, yeah, wasn't Trails SC 2 UMD's? Which each hold ~ 1.8gb of data, and Vita carts are 3.3gb. Surprised with the enhanced Vita versions they didn't go over. Props to them I guess :p
Well, a good part of that must have been duplicated data for areas that were on both UMDs.

Any chance of an Asian English version of SD Gundam? I kind of want it just for the novelty.

From the Gematsu article, already confirmed:

As previously announced, an Asian English release is due out for both PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in late 2016.

I'm wondering whether the two-cart setup of it will make physical a problem or not. I hope not, and Play-Asia have pre-orders up already.

mr_chun

From the Gematsu article, already confirmed:

I'm wondering whether the two-cart setup of it will make physical a problem or not. I hope not, and Play-Asia have pre-orders up already.

Are there any other Gundam games currently available on the Vita that were released in the West or had Asian-English imports? I love me a good Gundam game, but haven't bought one since Dynast Warriors Gundam Reborn on the PS3.

Are there any other Gundam games currently available on the Vita that were released in the West or had Asian-English imports? I love me a good Gundam game, but haven't bought one since Dynast Warriors Gundam Reborn on the PS3.

Gundam Extreme VS FORCE or whatever the name is just released in NA and EU but it doesnt have great reviews from people who played it. Gundam Breaker 3 is available in Asia as an English release physical and digital on vita. I got it digitally on my R3 PSN account. Really fun so far. Kind of wish I went PS4 though for once :X

Olengie

I really wish another Gundam Battle came out on the Vita. Gundam SEED Battle Destiny was awesome. And it looked a lot better than Extreme Vs Force imo.

It's not in English, but there is a very in depth English Guide to it on the Internet. Easy to pick up and play too. It is Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Battle Destiny for the Vita. One of my favorite games for the Vita.

Flunkie

Banned

I've heard Gundam Breaker 3 is the one to get. Asian-English copy and you're good to go. Don't need a guide or any of the nonsense like you do with 1&2.

I really wish another Gundam Battle came out on the Vita. Gundam SEED Battle Destiny was awesome. And it looked a lot better than Extreme Vs Force imo.

Really? I always kinda ignored that because I assumed the Breaker games were better (and I did have fun with 1/2), but if it's good I'll throw it on my watch list.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Gundam Extreme VS FORCE or whatever the name is just released in NA and EU but it doesnt have great reviews from people who played it. Gundam Breaker 3 is available in Asia as an English release physical and digital on vita. I got it digitally on my R3 PSN account. Really fun so far. Kind of wish I went PS4 though for once :X

Japanese or western reviews?
In japan it was released very light on content(sort of similar to SF5), then with free dlcs and patches a lot of content was added(more gundams, more modes, etc), the western version should have everything.

Japanese or western reviews?
In japan it was released very light on content(sort of similar to SF5), then with free dlcs and patches a lot of content was added(more gundams, more modes, etc), the western version should have everything.
Import reviews for the Asia English version. Maybe wrong but I read it has some MP or vs mode that is ad hoc only. No online and that's a problem.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Import reviews for the Asia English version. Maybe wrong but I read it has some MP or vs mode that is ad hoc only. No online and that's a problem.
Yes, IIRC it still doesn't have multiplayer and i guess that's a huge fault for most of the people, personally i don't care about multiplayer but i'm probably the only one lol.

Yes, IIRC it still doesn't have multiplayer and i guess that's a huge fault for most of the people, personally i don't care about multiplayer but i'm probably the only one lol.

I also usually regret buying a game full price digitally so I'm waiting. I'll either get the Asia release or buy this on sale. But that's just me. I got GB3 Free through a friend so I play that.

How are you finding the game overall?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I also usually regret buying a game full price digitally so I'm waiting. I'll either get the Asia release or buy this on sale. But that's just me. I got GB3 Free through a friend so I play that.

How are you finding the game overall?

I didn't buy it, I'm also waiting for "western" impressions(but IIRC in the import OT they are rather positive).

EDIT:
i didn't see that ATXAlchemy replied to my request of impression in the import OT, here what he said:

It's a kinda-sorta nice but won't really satisfy anybody. A lot of the update *seems* to be made to appease the arcade crowd, while they barely added any content to the main mode (as someone who liked the Force mode a lot, I think the number of mission/focus is very lacking).

At the same time, I thought it was a pretty nice "first game" for what they tried to do. If Force will have a second game, I'd be pretty up for it. But hopefully, they go from 100 missions to something like 400. Bleh, we all know it won't happen.

I do have a wall-of-text impression post to the game that I actually started writing around end of January but never bothered posting. >____>

P.S. the 1.04 update do feel lacking - not all bosses are available in Free Battle, for example.

P.P.S. It was awesome having ship captains telling you the situation of the other squads.

When are they going to add Rafta in Maxi Boost On? Hopefully not in that shit throwaway grunt MS in the latter half. Rafta v Mika is easily the best fight in Tekketsu.

Anyone planning to do import OTs or impressions threads for Ys VIII or Uppers?

Picking up the former myself despite lacking language knowledge and wondered if many were doing similarly.

animax

The Banner Saga is on sale in the EU PSN. Any words relating possible crossbuy for the future Vita version?

Damn man, be careful with your wording! Thought you were saying it was out for Vita, another stealth release.

Not aware of crossbuy, better off tweeting the dev or something

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone planning to do import OTs or impressions threads for Ys VIII or Uppers?

Picking up the former myself despite lacking language knowledge and wondered if many were doing similarly.
It's not going to let you create a new thread until you get rid of junior status, so you have about 7 days to get to 300 posts.

I'm getting the digital version of Uppers later this week so I might do an impressions thread for it, thing is, I've found the demo and game footage to be extremely mediocre or downright bad. Not exactly the best way to begin a thread.

HotHamBoy

Uppers looks bad. Senran Kagura Versus series is pretty bad, this is the same thing minus all the gratuitous fan service. No thanks.

It has multiplayer but it's local-only, no online. The problem is that the game is heavily MP-focused and light on SP content. So no online is pretty dumb.

It also looks straight-up like a PSP game.

I'll be grabbing Uppers since I want a Streets of Rage styled game on my Vita, and it looks like it might fit the bill. Then again, I also actually enjoyed the demo so there is that.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Uppers looks bad. Senran Kagura Versus series is pretty bad, this is the same thing minus all the gratuitous fan service. No thanks.

It has multiplayer but it's local-only, no online. The problem is that the game is heavily MP-focused and light on SP content. So no online is pretty dumb.

It also looks straight-up like a PSP game.

Thanks for your impressions about gundam :)

I completely disagree on Uppers for two reasons:

-first of all I didn't play senran but it's obiously a musou game, uppers is nothing like that, it's a 3d beat'em up., in musous there are dozens of enemies and with a single move you can hit many of them, in 3d beat'em ups like uppers enemies are not as many and while ther are moves to deal with more people at the same time you usually attack one enemy at time. Saying that uppers and senran are the same is like saying that serious sam and cod are the same because they are both fps.

this is senran kagura
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3-slHxTQ0M

This is uppers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UkdWGtMVoY

-Second i tried the uppers demo and i liked it. ;)

incpdo

Uppers looks like fun
Senran is great and i don't like the musou games so much, but this one is really fun. There is a lot of fan service in it but that doesn't lower the quality of the gameplay IMO , but if you play Bon Appetite thats actually only fan service , a fun over the top story for each of the girls but a boring gameplay, not comparable to any rhythm game on the console,

Another game is thrown into the September Japanese game mosh pit: Valkyrie Drive is out 16th September.

I have to wonder just how much thought goes into deciding release dates sometimes. September and October are packed with niche games, yet we're still getting more release dates between those 2 months. I pegged both Cold Steel and Steins Gate as releasing then as well, but VD seemed to be further away considering it was just announced.

I also have to wonder just when Steins Gate 0 is coming out, if they're already announcing a date for VD. That one seemed to be their next release after Galgun the way they were talking about it, not so sure on that now.

Saphirax

I have to wonder just how much thought goes into deciding release dates sometimes. September and October are packed with niche games, yet we're still getting more release dates between those 2 months.

I also have to wonder just when Steins Gate 0 is coming out, if they're already announcing a date for VD. That one seemed to be their next release after Galgun the way they were talking about it, not so sure on that now.

They've Root Letter as well. September and October are cramped as it is. At least one of those should've been early August.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Some people said I should share my personal sheet for tracking my Vita collection as kind of a resource for all NA releases.

I've gone ahead and made a public sheet with two tabs.
The Basic tab is simply the title and release date with some general counts.
The Detailed tab is coming soon with more info like UPCs, limited or other edition info, etc. If you have ideas, let me know.

I update it pretty regularly as I hear about new dates, feel free to share it with anyone.
Note that the 12/31 dates are simply placeholders until I know a firm date.

If you see any mistakes, please let me know!
I've included an email address on the sheet.

Let me know what you guys think. Is it useful? Care at all?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KcCRxt7dEM3xAGftHl8nPLiJSaRLK5HhGy7Ojt21z-I/edit?usp=sharing

Two things to note:
1. I do count box only releases of which there are only 2. I've notated them as such.
2. I do count Epic Mickey 2 which was released in NA but not USA.

Yes. Route Double will be the DD-only one next year.

Thanks guys.

mr_chun

It's not in English, but there is a very in depth English Guide to it on the Internet. Easy to pick up and play too. It is Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Battle Destiny for the Vita. One of my favorite games for the Vita.

I've heard Gundam Breaker 3 is the one to get. Asian-English copy and you're good to go. Don't need a guide or any of the nonsense like you do with 1&2.

I'll look into Breaker 3 and SEED Battle Destiny, then. Thanks y'all!

Olengie

Really? I always kinda ignored that because I assumed the Breaker games were better (and I did have fun with 1/2), but if it's good I'll throw it on my watch list.

Gundam Breaker and Battle Destiny play differently. Although you don't get to customize the mobile suits with parts, you can put points into various stats. At some point, you can "overclock" the mobile suit, meaning you can max everything out.

Truly worth a play if you're a fan of Gundam and if you like SEED

Alone with You, an adventure title, is releasing on Vita this August 23rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw2bBuWXLyQ

I have no interest in Home, but this game looks awesome!

I completely disagree on Uppers for two reasons:

Senran is it's own brand of brawler, but Uppers is pretty obviously a reskinned Kenka Bancho game (it's made by the sam developer), which has more in common with something like Streets of Rage.

Speaking of, when are we getting an actual Kenka Bancho game? None of this otome nonsense.

Gundam Breaker and Battle Destiny play differently. Although you don't get to customize the mobile suits with parts, you can put points into various stats. At some point, you can "overclock" the mobile suit, meaning you can max everything out.

I'm not really big on Gundam but my major criteria is only: is it a fun action game? I can pretty much get over anything else.

Gundam Breaker 3 is the better game, but it is the worse PS Vita version. If you like to play the game I really recommend the PS4 version. I played both. But the framerate on the PS Vita can get really low.

Probably mentioned before but Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization is getting a physical release in Europe. Up for pre-order on many stores:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01IDH3NKK/

At least Bandai Namco shows some love for Vita fans after they butchered us with that Collector's Edition joke.

incpdo

Some people said I should share my personal sheet for tracking my Vita collection as kind of a resource for all NA releases.

I've gone ahead and made a public sheet with two tabs.
The Basic tab is simply the title and release date with some general counts.
The Detailed tab is coming soon with more info like UPCs, limited or other edition info, etc. If you have ideas, let me know.

I update it pretty regularly as I hear about new dates, feel free to share it with anyone.
Note that the 12/31 dates are simply placeholders until I know a firm date.

If you see any mistakes, please let me know!
I've included an email address on the sheet.

Let me know what you guys think. Is it useful? Care at all?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KcCRxt7dEM3xAGftHl8nPLiJSaRLK5HhGy7Ojt21z-I/edit?usp=sharing

Two things to note:
1. I do count box only releases of which there are only 2. I've notated them as such.
2. I do count Epic Mickey 2 which was released in NA but not USA.

Thanks guys.

This is actually a lot better than the list i was doing , so yes its very helpful , also i cannot believe i have 1/3 of the entire vita physical collection

Top Bottom