• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

RK128

Unless we hear something from Falcom about that soon, it's not going to happen. They honestly need to get the PS4 version out and move on to other games, not worry about back porting features to Vita, when the Vita version has sold about as much as it's going to sell in Japan. We're already looking at what will most likely be a summer 2017 release for Cold Steel 3 in Japan (if it even comes next year). The more time they waste on older versions of games, the less chance of us seeing certain versions of the game over here when we get it later in 2018.

That is a good point; we have no idea how graphically intensive the new content is in the PS4 port.

Either way, glad the game is coming over and just was shooting an idea I had, considering I've been playing Grand Kingdom the past few weeks :).

Tain

Maybe this isn't the place for it, but quick general Vita question:

PSN PSX games run on Vita through the PSP layer, right?

So if I were to get a 640x480 PSP game (Mr. Driller) and run it on the Vita, it would be limited to the PSP's resolution?

Played a bit of God Eater on PS4 and on Vita. I legit cannot play this on PS4. It feels like just the Vita version blown up. No other enhancements. Gonna stick to Vita and import the EU GE2 on Vita.

SarusGray

Will double dip regardless on Tokyo Xanadu for vita and PS4 because I love falcom. Keep making those games and bringing them over >.<

i remember when they told me they would patch Steins;Gate on iOS with English text soon after the Vita release. lol. Not bothering.
Yeah I don't know what's up with their mobile team, but they seem to have gotten serious about console localizations with this fast turnaround time on Steins;Gate 0 and Psycho Pass.

Am I the only one here who's sort of interested in what Uchikoshi came up with for this? Seems like some wacky fun to me (and the sort of game PQube might localize)

Ryan95

At this point I think it's pretty clear Aksys handling TX and PQube handling Valkyrie Drive seems the most logical consequence of XSEED new politique to handle Vita games with a PS4 version along with it.
In addition XSEED has a lot of other projects on the table, so giving other companies the chance to work on what they cannot/don't want to at the moment is the best scenario for Vita fans

18-Volt

And PQube said they were bringing 4 Vita games, 2 of them VN's. I guess there's every chance Net High is one of them.

Did they say anything about those 4 titles? Unannounced and Vita exclusive? Steins;Gate 0, Root Letter, Valkyrie Drive and God Wars they all make 4 games.

Did they say anything about those 4 titles? Unannounced and Vita exclusive? Steins;Gate 0, Root Letter, Valkyrie Drive and God Wars they all make 4 games.

4 games in 2017 for now* was what they said. So far we know nothing of their 2017 lineup, as all their announced games are releasing in 2016.

Interesting. So none of those games are in that 4 upcoming games. They could be anything. If I had to guess, I'd say... God Wars, Uppers, Anonymous;Code, Punchline.
I feel like if Punchline was already decided, Uchikoshi wouldn't be asking for localization interest this late in the game. Also might be a bit early for Anonymous;Code. I would personally replace those with Net High and Chaos;Child as my guesses.

Oh man, if they do get Net High I hope the Steins;Gate team gets to work on it. They know how to handle memes.

Oh man, if they do get Net High I hope the Steins;Gate team gets to work on it. They know how to handle memes.

The only game where memes actually fit the game itself. There's really no other reason why I would want Net High other than to see just what kind of number a good localization team could do to it.

Interesting. So none of those games are in that 4 upcoming games. They could be anything. If I had to guess, I'd say... God Wars, Uppers, Anonymous;Code, Punchline.

I'm kinda wondering if the quote just meant 4 unannounced Vita titles, of which Valkyrie Drive is one, and he just kinda mis-interpreted.

Anyway, if I had to guess 4 for next year based on what we know about them, I'd guess Chaos;Child; God Wars; Net High & Punchline.

But nearly every localization announcement has been so bizarre this year that I could well be miles off with all of that :p

Yeh, I've been asking the guy who posted that 4 Vita games thing on reddit about it and I think even he's confused about what he's saying:

Bhikkhuni Steiner &#8207;@DistantValhalla 30m
Well your secret projects were quite hyped up, so yes i called it a big reveal. &#8212; Well, one down. One to go.

James Galizio &#8207;@Theswweet 30m
@DistantValhalla Also a Vita game? I know PQube has at least 3 more of those this year.

Kresnik Ahtreide &#8207;@Kresnik258 23m
@Theswweet @DistantValhalla Wait, wasn't that quote from you and it said 4 Vita games planned for next year?

James Galizio &#8207;@Theswweet 15m
@Kresnik258 @DistantValhalla yes.

Kresnik Ahtreide &#8207;@Kresnik258 10m
@Theswweet @DistantValhalla So where did 3 more this year come from? You should've posted that news too!

James Galizio &#8207;@Theswweet 4m
@Kresnik258 @DistantValhalla I misspoke, I meant this year not next year.
I was thinking about how they told me they had stuff for 2017 too.

edit: NVM, I think the issue has been clarified, he's edited the original reddit comment too:

Although obviously the rep wasn't able to tell me exactly what games they've got coming, he did say that they've already got 4 Vita games they plan to release this year, and 2 of them are VNs.

So if we're to take him at his word on that, 4 Vita games planned for the rest of this year. Gal*Gun; Steins;Gate 0; Valkyrie Drive plus one more than has to be a VN. So that's what we're guessing on, one VN (though they have Vita games planned for 2017 too, we just don't know how many).

Saphirax

Yeh, I've been asking the guy who posted that 4 Vita games thing on reddit about it and I think even he's confused about what he's saying:

edit: NVM, I think the issue has been clarified, he's edited the original reddit comment too:

So if we're to take him at his word on that, 4 Vita games planned for the rest of this year. Gal*Gun; Steins;Gate 0; Valkyrie Drive plus one more than has to be a VN. So that's what we're guessing on, one VN (though they have Vita games planned for 2017 too, we just don't know how many).

Root Letter....

18-Volt

Isn't that supposed to be Root Letter? Because it fits; 2 VN's, 2 other games. Then there is no other announcement left for this year. Disappointing.

18-Volt

Isn't that supposed to be Root Letter? Because it fits; 2 VN's, 2 other games. Then there is no other announcement left for this year. Disappointing.

RK128

It is a bit disappointing, as I was hoping the other non-VN game would be Uppers. Oh well, will update a story I wrote about VD's localization shortly with the new information. They are still bringing over four games and that is really cool of PQube :). Plus, its not counting 2017 releases, so hopefully Uppers will be published by them next year if XSEED sits on the game.

Edit: Disappointing is not really a good word to use....I'm sorry about that guys :(. I'm still happy with their localizations coming and hopeful that they have even more coming in 2017. Was just hoping they would localized Uppers this year after the recent trophy leak is all, so sorry for my post.

RK128

Yes they're bringing 4 ultra niche games no one else would touch. How disappointing.

Its not disappointing at all! Great to see them support the Vita with some surprise localizations. My message just made it clear that I had to make some changes to an article I wrote is all :).

OMG, so sorry to create all this drama haha, but we need to get our guessing caps on again:

https://twitter.com/Theswweet/status/751451518453161984

Confused me for a bit there but I see you edited the reddit comment. So one extra VN for Vita to be revealed? :)

two extra. Steins;Gate and Root Letter aren't the two unannounced titles.

My guess is Net High for one.

I don't even know what is going on anymore. I think we just need to throw out the 4/3/2 unnanounced titles comments and see what happens :p

RK128

So much confusion going on XD.

Going to be quite about P-Qube's upcoming stuff that isn't announced yet until we get some solid answers from them.

@_@

So...Net High and...Chaos;Child?

Lol. I think given how many confusing statements he's given (next year or this year? including announced games or not?) that he's not a very reliable source, so it may just be best to disregard that for now.

I can't see there being 2 unannounced PQube VN's coming this year, that'd be 4 for the whole year and all of them in Q4.

We do know the translation team of Valkyrie Drive, who previously worked on Steins;Gate, are working on an unannounced title. With PQube showing that Marvelous games are up for grabs I could see it possibly being Net High, timeframe would make sense as well (about 10-12 months). Seems a bit soon for Chaos;Child, although I suppose they could just use the XB1 version's script.

But it's all speculation based on a very confused set of posts. If we go by his original statement then it's 4 games this year and 2 VN's, which we have all figured out.

RK128

If anything, its clear that PQube has a few games in mind for 2017 on the Vita, so maybe Net High and Uppers will be some of the games they localized next year, with the list of games we know are coming being the ones for this year (Gal*Gun; Steins;Gate 0; Valkyrie Drive & Root Letter).

Either way, they are a publisher to keep an eye on and I'm thankful they are bringing over games others aren't bothering to localize. Thank you @PQube Games for bringing great stuff to the Vita this year :).

Edit: I agree with your comment Shizuka, if anything, four unannounced games comment likely is for next year (if that really is the case). I could picture Uppers and Net High being the two 'big' projects for them and other games joining that list as the year goes on.

Saphirax

Lol. I think given how many confusing statements he's given (next year or this year? including announced games or not?) that he's not a very reliable source, so it may just be best to disregard that for now.

I can't see there being 2 unannounced PQube VN's coming this year, that'd be 4 for the whole year and all of them in Q4.

We do know the translation team of Valkyrie Drive, who previously worked on Steins;Gate, are working on an unannounced title. With PQube showing that Marvelous games are up for grabs I could see it possibly being Net High, timeframe would make sense as well (about 10-12 months). Seems a bit soon for Chaos;Child, although I suppose they could just use the XB1 version's script.

But it's all speculation based on a very confused set of posts. If we go by his original statement then it's 4 games this year and 2 VN's, which we have all figured out.

The guy was right on the money about XSEED, so I'll give him some benefit of the doubt :p. Mostly because I want more VNs.

The guy was right on the money about XSEED, so I'll give him some benefit of the doubt :p. Mostly because I want more VNs.

Oh, that was him making the XSEED posts? Blimey, and yeah he was on the money.

Well if we take him at what I (think) he's saying now it's 4 unannounced titles for this year, 2 VN's, and we know one of the games is Valkyrie Drive. I find that incredibly hard to believe but stranger things have happened I guess!

Seems a bit soon for Chaos;Child, although I suppose they could just use the XB1 version's script.
PS versions of Chaos;Child came out half a year before Steins;Gate 0. But 5pb would be doing the localization internally anyway, so it doesn't take PQube's localization resources.

Top Bottom