• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

RK128

The guy was right on the money about XSEED, so I'll give him some benefit of the doubt :p. Mostly because I want more VNs.

Well, depending on the games coming out.....I could see this happening. I mean, VD could be a late summer title if the localization is very far along, so it could be the August game for PQube.

Then they have two visual novels to bring over, with Net High having English Trophies for a long time now so that could come out early Fall (September). Then, another VN could come over if progress is far along.

Regarding the last game, I think it might be Uppers, considering VD is getting localized by PQube, but isn't even OUT in Japan yet. So, it could be a early 2017 title most likely, if PQube is localizing it.

This set up could happen, and like you said, the guy was correct about XSEED in 2016 on Vita. Anything is fair game I guess :).

Saphirax

Oh, that was him making the XSEED posts? Blimey, and yeah he was on the money.

Well if we take him at what I (think) he's saying now it's 4 unannounced titles for this year, 2 VN's, and we know one of the games is Valkyrie Drive. I find that incredibly hard to believe but stranger things have happened I guess!

Yeah, was him. I remembered mostly because his username stuck with me. And even then his comments were all over the place.

I find it hard to believe too. If this was at the beginning of the year then sure. Maybe some of them will slip into 2017.

RK128

Yeah, was him. I remembered mostly because his username stuck with me. And even then his comments were all over the place.

I find it hard to believe too. If this was at the beginning of the year then sure. Maybe some of them will slip into 2017.

I can easily see Uppers (if they are localizing it) and one of the unknown VN's getting pushed into 2017 honestly. But Net High got English Trophies a while back, so that might be further along then we thought.

Saphirax

I can easily see Uppers (if they are localizing it) and one of the unknown VN's getting pushed into 2017 honestly. But Net High got English Trophies a while back, so that might be further along then we thought.

Yep. And if the other VN is one of the science vns, I don't think pqube would release it close to S;G 0.

I think God Wars is really likely given Root Letter. That plus Valkyrie Drive would be two non-VNs. Then what's left is... Net High and... I have no idea.

RK128

I think God Wars is really likely given Root Letter. That plus Valkyrie Drive would be two non-VNs. Then what's left is... Net High and... I have no idea.

So PQube has the (likely) coming from now to 2017....
Summer 2016: Gal*Gun & Valkyrie Drive
Fall 2016: Steins;Gate 0 & Root Letter
Late Fall 2016: (Maybe) Net High
Early 2017: (Maybe) Uppers & Science VNS
Summer 2017: (Maybe) God Wars

Seems to line up with what we have so far (four announced games, four upcoming ones) and could be possible.....looking forward to what they announce regardless in the future :)

So PQube has the (likely) coming from now to 2017....
Summer 2016: Gal*Gun & Valkyrie Drive
Fall 2016: Steins;Gate 0 & Root Letter
Late Fall 2016: (Maybe) Net High
Early 2017: (Maybe) Uppers & Science VNS
Summer 2017: (Maybe) God Wars

Seems to line up with what we have so far (four announced games, four upcoming ones) and could be possible.....looking forward to what they announce regardless in the future :)
I really doubt Valkyrie Drive will be coming out before Steins;Gate 0, considering S;G 0's localization has been done for a while. And Root Letter could be late Fall/early Winter for all we know.

Is there still a place to get Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd (any english Version) or Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (english Asia version, but with english packaging for Singapore, not the HK version for a decent price?

I asked some well known retailers but they just tell me the same that both are out of print. :( No luck on ebay aswell.

RK128

I really doubt Valkyrie Drive will be coming out before Steins;Gate 0, considering S;G 0's localization has been done for a while. And Root Letter could be late Fall/early Winter for all we know.

Good point....should I just remove the time frames and just list the games? But you are right, hard to pinpoint things with little information.

18-Volt

I don't even know what is going on anymore. I think we just need to throw out the 4/3/2 unnanounced titles comments and see what happens :p

Theswweet was the guy on reddit who predicted XSEED's E3 lineup. He was right about that one, maybe he knows something about this too.

My guesses are Punchline and Net High. If Punchline is being localized by Aksys, then Chaos;Head or something. Not Chaos;Child, first people need to play the prequel.

I forgot Root Letter is slated for this year, for some reason I thought it was going to release in 2017. Definitely one of the upcoming titles I'm most interested in.

I forgot Root Letter is slated for this year, for some reason I thought it was going to release in 2017. Definitely one of the upcoming titles I'm most interested in.

I wasn't interested based on the Japanese feedback, but after watching a youtube 'review' I actually became a lot more interested.

(The review was irritating, but the game sounded exactly my kind of thing).

What if the mystery visual novel is Punchline?

Seems likely. Uff. I guess someone has to pick it up.

I wasn't interested based on the Japanese feedback, but after watching a youtube 'review' I actually became a lot more interested.

(The review was irritating, but the game sounded exactly my kind of thing).
Oh really? Were the Japanese not fans of it, or was there some gameplay or story element that turned you off?

As far as Punchline goes, it seems a bit fan-servicey for my taste, but I'd probably still buy it if it was localized. The first episode of the anime seemed interesting enough, although I need to watch the rest.

Oh really? Were the Japanese not fans of it, or was there some gameplay or story element that turned you off?

I didn't know much about the story until I watched that review to be honest, the Japanese feedback seemed pretty negative - that the main character is an idiot and some of the routes were boring.

I wonder when we'll get Atelier Shallie Plus in the west. I'd imagine they'll want to weave it in so it's a bit after Sophie but a bit before Firis.

Looking at videos, it looks to be the best Atelier port on Vita yet, runs well and there's not too much pop-in. It's a stark difference from the promotional stuff they released for it which made it seem like it ran like arse.

I just hope we get another NISA LE for it again. Would be a shame after getting Ar no Surge and Atelier Escha not to get Shallie as well.

Saphirax

I wonder when we'll get Atelier Shallie Plus in the west. I'd imagine they'll want to weave it in so it's a bit after Sophie but a bit before Firis.

Looking at videos, it looks to be the best Atelier port on Vita yet, runs well and there's not too much pop-in. It's a stark difference from the promotional stuff they released for it which made it seem like it ran like arse.

I just hope we get another NISA LE for it again. Would be a shame after getting Ar no Surge and Atelier Escha not to get Shallie as well.

Possibly January like a a lot of previous Atelier releases.

Saphirax

Yeah, that'd be 10 months from Japanese release so makes sense, and about 6 months from Sophie.

Still, that's ages off :(. Kinda want to play it (never did on PS3) before I dive into Sophie.

Well, Sophie is the beginning of a new trilogy. Haven't played Shallie but Sophie is a lot more open ended. Certainly doesn't have the tight narrative that the Arland trilogy had and Ayesha to some degree.

Well, Sophie is the beginning of a new trilogy. Haven't played Shallie but Sophie is a lot more open ended. Certainly doesn't have the tight narrative that the Arland trilogy had and Ayesha to some degree.

I know, I'd just like to finish off Dusk before I start a new trilogy :p

While I'm on the subject of when we're getting things, does anyone know what happened to Crows: Burning Edge? According to Gematsu it's 10 months since we heard anything from it, seems bizarre.

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge coming on July 26th:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82q9GgdM-NQ

A.W Phoenix Festa releasing in Europe the same day as NA (July 26th):
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/aw-phoenix-festa-coming-europe-via-psn-july-26

Gal Gun Double Peace delayed a couple of weeks:
http://techraptor.net/content/galgun-double-peace-western-release-delayed-2-weeks

Drinkbox releasing a physical collection of their 3 games on PSN:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/11/the-drinkbox-vita-collection-launches-july-13/

So with VD announcement discussion got a little heated up on XSEED's forums and Tom came out to explain some things

"Port-spamming and placing the safest bets"? Ahem? Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity? Xanadu Next? Trails of Cold Steel II *and* Trails in the Sky the 3rd? Akiba's Beat? Fate/Extella? Exile's End? Freakin' SHANTAE?! (OK, so Shantae is a safe bet, but I mean, come on, how could we NOT publish Shantae? And what about ANY of those other games constitutes a "safe bet"?)

We currently have one of our best lineups we've EVER had since I joined XSEED six years ago, as far as I'm concerned. I'm sorry if the games we're offering for 2016 don't interest you personally, but there's far from a lack of variety here, far from an overabundance of ports, and far from a lack of anything good to play. We've got a little something for everybody here.

Terro messaged me with some of these concerns, so I figured I'd pop in and help assuage them. We have not "changed our policies." We haven't actually done anything differently than ever before. We always choose our offerings very carefully, and we always try to offer the best content possible. Sometimes, other publishers get games that one might typically consider to be "sure things for XSEED," and when that happens, we wish them all the best, and strongly encourage you to buy their products. We're not competing with PQube or Aksys or Mastiff or anyone else -- they're our colleagues, and their good fortune is the industry's good fortune. We also haven't given up on Vita, given up on risque gaming, given up on Falcom, OR given up on Marvelous first-party titles. Far from it.

We're just random and unpredictable. Just when you think you have us pegged down... BAM. We come out of left field with something new.

That's just how we roll, yo. ;)

And sooner or later, we'll release something else you're interested in. It's inevitable!

-Tom

http://www.xseedgames.com/forum/ind...ive-bhikkhuni-psvita.28071/page-6#post-926177

So with VD announcement discussion got a little heated up on XSEED's forums and Tom came out to explain some things

http://www.xseedgames.com/forum/ind...ive-bhikkhuni-psvita.28071/page-6#post-926177

Interesting. I only see this as a good thing as well. If other publishers are free to pick up Falcom and Marvelous titles, XSEED can choose not to pick them, even though I think that's pretty stupid on their part.

Tohou, Exile's End and Fate/Extella all look super meh to me so far and I would have not picked those, but I don't work there. Last years lineup was much more impressive imo. I'll get all the Trails games from XSEED and I can get the other games somewhere else. Win-win.

RK128

Interesting comment from them honestly. They are a publisher and they are free to do whatever they want, and allowing other publishing houses to take over other projects that they are too busy to work on is understandable.

They are still supporting the Vita, just not as much compared to other years. But the fact they still have games coming to the platform is great and couldn't be happy to have them do things like releasing that Fate game more or less world-wide this fall (if the GameFly post is right) and them publishing Shantae on PS4/Vita/Wii U is wonderful as well.

I'm just happy to see studios/publishers support the Vita and my gaming tastes are open to most things, so honestly don't mind whatever publishers decide to bring over. But its good to hear Tom go into detail on the decisions XSEED has been doing the past few months. Hope they get success and that 2017 brings even more strong games from them :).

Interesting. I only see this as a good thing as well. If other publishers are free to pick up Falcom and Marvelous titles, XSEED can choose not to pick them, even though I think that's pretty stupid on their part.

Tohou, Exile's End and Fate/Extella all look super meh to me so far and I would have not picked those, but I don't work there. Last years lineup was much more impressive imo. I'll get all the Trails games from XSEED and I can get the other games somewhere else. Win-win.

Honestly I don't think there's any way they could have beaten last years lineup. People went into this year and expected even better, when there was just no way they were going to deliver with the same level of announcements.

I'm definitely one of the ones that expected more from them this year due to last years and ended up being disappointed because of that. I probably would have remained disappointed had it not been for the announcements we've gotten in the last few weeks. It's great that other companies are able to pick up games that were previously thought to have been sure things for Xseed, even better when a company is able to port one of said games. I may still be slightly disappointed with Xseed's announcements this year, but at least now I know that if they don't pick up a game, the chance of it coming out over here still exists due to other companies.

I swear Tom says the "best lineup ever" thing like every year. Super-enthusiastic guy, I'll give him that (I like that about him though, and the fact he interacts with the fans so much).

The latter two definitely, but Scarlet Curiosity looks super awesome to me. It's like the only Touhou game I'm interested in.

Still, I think the thing that was most disappointing about this year was that there were some games that looked like obvious choices which we didn't get. Except it looks like we're getting everything I was excited for from other companies (if PQube nab Net High) and XSEED are doing their own stuff, so I really can't complain.

Not that I'm agreeing, but outside of Cold Steel II, there's nothing really noteworthy other than maybe Trails TC for those that played FC and SC.

Ehh I wouldn't discount Story of Seasons at least, considering the first one was one of their fastest/best selling games. But ya, outside of the 2 Trails games and SoS, they don't really have too much worth mentioning. Maybe I'll notice AB or F/E as they get closer to release and we get more gameplay videos, but for now neither are on my radar.

I dont mind them doing the 3DS stuff as well because I like their 3DS output but Im super annoyed they didnt do Tokyo Xanadu and Aksys is doing it. Even VD can be forgiven since i never thought wed get it and here come pqube with it.

I dont mind them doing the 3DS stuff as well because I like their 3DS output but Im super annoyed they didnt do Tokyo Xanadu and Aksys is doing it. Even VD can be forgiven since i never thought wed get it and here come pqube with it.

On one hand I'm surprised Xseed didn't pick up TX and would have liked to see them do it as well, on the other hand I'm glad Axsys is doing it since they're making a PC port (which will get it far more attention than leaving it on Vita would) and there is a potential chance of the PS4 version later on. If companies like Aksys are capable of porting games that Xseed is not able to do, then I say keep them coming from other companies, unless it's Trails....Xseed should be the only ones doing that.

Top Bottom