• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

incpdo

Fady the one and only , injecting life into the"undead" system we all love!

I might get that yomawari 2 in 1 physical game
I should also get the 2 in 1 Rayman Legends+Origins European physical edition .

cj_iwakura

I had no idea Harmony Gold was still licensing Robotech stuff, much less Macross Delta. Is the result as terrifying as I imagine?

Fady K

* Akiba's Beat - New character trailer (Saki Hoshino). Acquire's JRPG is out in Japan this fall and in winter 2016 in English.
Akibas-Beat-Saki-Hoshino-PV.jpg

* Summon Night 6: Lost Borders has a release date for the English version: February 2017.
Summon-Night-6-Lost-Borders_2016_07-25-16_001.jpg

Summon-Night-6-Lost-Borders_2016_07-25-16_002.jpg

Summon-Night-6-Lost-Borders_2016_07-25-16_003.jpg

summon-night-6-lost-borders-ps-vita-ps4-screenshots-1001-001.jpg

* Macross Delta Scramble - New Japanese TV Spot. Out in October 20 from Publisher Bandai Namco and developer Artdink.
Macross-TV-Spots_07-25-16.jpg

* Soldner X2: Final Prototype those of you with twitter accounts go and retweet Limited Run Game's tweet and follow their account for a chance to win a physical copy ;D
CoPOg_uWAAA1xf1.png

Welcome back Fady K :D! Great to see you back to making great Vita release updates :).

Thanks a lot buddy! I missed this thread to bits so I went all out since my last update haha. As always, I hope to make more regular time-relevant updates :D You're a Sonic fan, I take it? I am, and I'm incredibly excited for the new Sonic announcements. (Generations is one of my favorite games of all time).

Been lurking forever, mostly for OTs, made an account not too long ago for getting advice on an rpg I got stuck on.

Right now, I just want Trails in the Sky FC to come back to the PSN EU store. I'm about to finish Cold Steel and will do the platinum second playthrough before CS2 comes out. Between then I needs my Trails fix. I bought it on Mac, but it's not the same...I like ignoring work in the office to take my vita breaks.

Had no idea - so nice to see you here :D!

No updates on Trails yet at all? That is so strange - was it available on the store before for you?

So apparently, Mighty Rabbit Studios (parent company of Limited Run Games) who released Breach & Clear and Saturday Morning RPG for Vita are releasing two more games - Elephant in the Room and Cylinder:

http://thevitalounge.net/forum/threads/limitedrungames.3072/page-77#post-57194

Cylinder is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA7p8dKdylk

Elephant in the Room is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDBayO8mtSA

Both seem to be getting physical releases.

And on the note of physical releases, Amazon Spain are listing Lumo getting the physical treatment in September:

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01J1SHSXS/

Yay to more Vita games! I'll wait for the reveals as they seem to be updated enough to make it stand out from the Xbox Live IG versions :D

Fady the one and only , injecting life into the"undead" system we all love!

I might get that yomawari 2 in 1 physical game
I should also get the 2 in 1 Rayman Legends+Origins European physical edition .

Thank you kindly incpdo ^_______^ Undead system it is indeed!

Yomawari is definitely on my wanted list for physical versions :D

2064: Read Only Memories looks amazing,

Out in three weeks!

Quick question. Airship Q Asia got the english patch. Did the JP version on Vita also get a patch to support english text on English language hardware?

Fady K

* Berserk has been delayed in Japan from September 21 to October 27 in order for the developer to improve its product even further. It is still scheduled for release in English this fall.
Berserk-Delayed-Oct-27-JP.jpg

* NepuNepu Connect: Chaos Champions - Not what we hoped for, but eh. A free to play card battle game, due in Japan this year. Featuring characters from Omega Quintet, Fair Fencer F, Trillion and the Neptunia series.
NepuNepu-First-Details_07-26-16.jpg

Blue Lou

What's the closest thing to Streets of Rage out on the Vita?

I was looking at Mother Russia Bleeds but unfortunately, I don't think it's being released on Vita.

Clive

I was looking at Mother Russia Bleeds but unfortunately, I don't think it's being released on Vita.

Dragon's Crown and Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds are a bit similar. If you have a PS3 around then you can download the SEGA Genesis Collection to it and then transfer it to your Vita. It contains Golden Axe 1-3.

OniBaka

I assume this is a community thread for vita discussion but are there any cartridge case that can store a lot of games? I have over 60+ physical games.

Joe Molotov

Anyone pick up Asterisk War? I'll probably be playing Shiren for a while, but I'm interested in grabbing an Asian English copy of AW for later.

I assume this is a community thread for vita discussion but are there any cartridge case that can store a lot of games? I have over 60+ physical games.

The cases I got were released only in Japan.

There was the Hori 24 Card Case (http://www.hori.jp/products/psv/psv_cardcase/) but they don't make them anymore :( I bought 6 of them back in the day and they are already full. Now I wished I bought more of them :(

Hori recently released a new slim 12 case (http://www.hori.jp/products/pv/cardcase12_4/). I don't like that spots are wasted on the memory cards. Also by the pictures it doesn't seem to have the easy insert and release feature that the above had. Still waiting for them to arrive.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The cases I got were released only in Japan.

There was the Hori 24 Card Case (http://www.hori.jp/products/psv/psv_cardcase/) but they don't make them anymore :( I bought 6 of them back in the day and they are already full. Now I wished I bought more of them :(

The prices for those are insane now. I too wish I had bought more.
I bought a bunch of the older 12 case recently. Not the new one.
For some reason only Russian eBay sellers seem to get them.

Fady K

* World of Final Fantasy - Here's a video showcasing the making of the game's opening theme, “Innocent²” by Mizuki, as well as parts of the game's opening animation.
WoFF-Opening-Anime-Preview.jpg

20160726_100406_thumb.png

* Pox Nora - one that was announced a month or so ago but most of us may have completely missed it! Pox Nora is a free to play collectible turn based strategy game from developer Desert Owl later this year. Game looks pretty nice. Trailer here.
MXKiThh.jpg

Here are this week's new releases featuring trailers as well as publisher/developer info for each one. Enjoy ^_^ The big one seems to be Shiren the Wanderer - though I hear it's a very tough roguelike game.

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (Aksys Games / Spike Chunsoft) *Trailer*
UH5ZWah.jpg

Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge (Renegade Kid) **Trailer*
od0fgm6.jpg

Asterisk War: Phoenix Festa (Bandai Namco Games) *Trailer*
bM29HjF.jpg

Spy Chameleon (Unfinished Pixel) *Trailer*
BkSeqtJl.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Pox nora look interesting indeed!

Other than what Clive already said the two capcom classic collections for psp have some good beat'em ups, one has final fight and captain commando while the other has the king of the dragons and knights of the round.
If you can consider 3d ones too then Akiba's trip is a very particular 3d beat'em up, also it's rather probable that Uppers, a 3d beat'em up very close to the spirit of 90's beat'em ups, will be localized, on psp there's the warriors an awesome 3d action game with a very simple and short but good 2.5d/3d beat'em up mode.

On one hand - yay! On the other it kinda stings that we don't have to wait long for them to announce they're bringing their smaller titles, while all their other games are up in the air in terms of localization.

It's not Hero Must Die (Kresnik's pick) or Coven (my pick), but I'll take it. Weird that they confirmed that before several other Vita titles that are already out like Rose and Cladun.

I have no doubt they'll bring Coven, but I just hit them up again because of Hero Must Die. Would be sad if we don't get that.

They can't even confirm physical at this point for WL5mins. They said stay tuned for more info. Can't wait for some half assed LE with a code and some other game shoehorned into it.

It's not Hero Must Die (Kresnik's pick) or Coven (my pick), but I'll take it. Weird that they confirmed that before several other Vita titles that are already out like Rose and Cladun.

I wouldn't doubt we'll see Rose in some form, I just hope that after Yomawari they see just how bad an idea it is to try and package these really niche games together or try and appeal to a much larger audience than the games will ever get. Because ya, preorders aren't looking too great on Nisa's site considering how long they've been up. Then again I'd expect most to go with Amazon on it due to possible Prime discounts and free shipping.

Shizuka

They can't even confirm physical at this point for WL5mins. They said stay tuned for more info. Can't wait for some half assed LE with a code and some other game shoehorned into it.

Wait for the inevitable Firefly Diary + Yomawari + The Longest Five Minutes bundle for the bargain of U$80!

I don't want a second (overpriced) copy of Firefly Diary just so I can have a physical copy of Yomawari.

How is it overpriced? Normal copy is $40, LE is $60. Seems standard to me
You can comletely ignore the inclusion of htol niq and it's a normal priced game

You have literally no way to know how pre-orders are doing

When their stock bar hasn't even changed after being up for several months, it's pretty clear that they are either severely overestimating the appeal and plan to get far more copies than they will sell, or it's going to be a low amount and people just aren't buying it.

How is it overpriced? Normal copy is $40, LE is $60. Seems standard to me
You can comletely ignore the inclusion of htol niq and it's a normal priced game

You know full well Yomawari is not a $40 game. These are 2 $20 games they have packaged together and are selling at full retail price, even when Firefly has been devalued a dozen times by them already.

Do you expect them to release a $20 retail copy or what? That's insane
You know full well Yomawari is not a $40 game. These are 2 $20 games they have packaged together and are selling at full retail price, even when Firefly has been devalued a dozen times by them already.

Yomawari was 6000 Yen in Japan. We're getting it at a bargain price

You all want your cake and eat it too. I'm more than happy to pay a bit more for Vita localizations and it makes me sad that you only bitch about an extra $20. Who gives a fuck?

We aren't getting Hero Must Die are we?

Of all the NIS publisher Vita titles, this was pretty much bottom of the list of what I wanted to see in the west. Hero > Coven > Rose > Cladun > This. That's not even counting external stuff I wish they'd picked up.

Oh well, I'll probably buy it anyway. Odd pick though.

Do you expect them to release a $20 retail copy or what? That's insane

Considering Firefly Diary was a $20 retail game with a $30 LE, yes, yes I do. It doesn't really matter what I say though because I'm still buying the LE....for $40 on Amazon due to Prime and because I don't have the FD extras that came with it's LE. You can be sure I'd bitch up a storm if I had those already and was being forced to buy them again if I wanted the Yomawari LE. People have every right to be mad at having to rebuy a game and it's extras if they want the new one.

I'm still buying Yomawari/HTOL#NIQ. I'll just flog my other copy or bin it or something. It's not ideal but I'd rather have Yomawari on retail and if this is the only way to do it, that's fine with me.

5 mins looks interesting, I'll definitely get it. Hopefully Coven and HMD get localized too.

Then again I'd expect most to go with Amazon on it due to possible Prime discounts and free shipping.

I think this is the bigger issue. Amazon is just cheaper and easier for almost everyone. I can get their LE's at a price closer to the standard copy, and I don't have to worry about the shipping charges.

The Yomiwari se and le also seem to be consistently within the top 30 on the amazon vita charts (when I've check, which isn't daily or anything), so there's that too.

I really think niche titles should be more expensive in general. Japan's flexible pricing for games has the right idea.

Vita games should have become at least $10 more expensive a long time ago. I know not many people would agree but I would totally support this. Especially for PS4/Vita releases there is no justification for a $20 difference. Cheap handheld games make sense when you can sell to a large and casual audience. Not with the Vita.

People have every right to be mad at having to rebuy a game and it's extras if they want the new one.

You can get it alone on PSN. The physical release is a luxury and probably wouldn't be possible in any other way because people are cheap as fuck. I bet people would have complained less if they just put out Yomawari alone for $40

18-Volt

We aren't getting Hero Must Die are we?

Of all the NIS publisher Vita titles, this was pretty much bottom of the list of what I wanted to see in the west. Hero > Coven > Rose > Cladun > This. That's not even counting external stuff I wish they'd picked up.

Oh well, I'll probably buy it anyway. Odd pick though.

Now NISA doing the Vita/PC for all of their releases, I'm pretty we'll get all of their stuff, including Hero Must Die and Cladun Sengoku (and this is my pick). Worlds Longest 5 Minutes is a tiny game with minimal text, I'm not surprised they announced it first. Hopefully HMD is next.

Top Bottom