• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

OK, I had enough with the awful Jak and daxter port, seriously what fps are these games running at?

I have never been able to follow the 30 vs 60 fps discussion even if I have gamed my whole life. But these games are just running so bad that I guess it is way lower than 30 fps? Similar to Helldivers at Vita, still played that game some 30 hours because it is awesome..

I have 30 games on my Vita but I cant stop feel a bit ripped off on the J&D port, I played Jak1 and 10% of Jak 2 (never played 2 and 3 before, played 1 so many times on ps2) and I also feel bad for uninstalling a game that I have not finished. On top of it, this game also gave me the known “application error code” which now also appears on other applications even if I have rebuild the database…guess a system restore is needed but I don’t want to empty that 64gb memory card..

Jumped on Danganronmpa 2 instead and I’m already immersed 2 hours into the game. I am still somewhat confused

********SPOILER below from Dangan 1*********** (sorry dont know how to hide text?)

I played Dangan 1 last summer and remembered that 4 people survived the school. I thought game 2 would tell me what happened to them, will it do eventually? Also I remember who really was the “bear” but can’t seem to recognize that person in the cast of 2. Guess time will tell

FDC1

Like that without the *:

[*spoiler]Darth Vader is Luke's father[*/spoiler]

And for your question: continue to play, game will give you all this answers :p

incpdo

OK, I had enough with the awful Jak and daxter port, seriously what fps are these games running at?

I have never been able to follow the 30 vs 60 fps discussion even if I have gamed my whole life. But these games are just running so bad that I guess it is way lower than 30 fps? Similar to Helldivers at Vita, still played that game some 30 hours because it is awesome..

I have 30 games on my Vita but I cant stop feel a bit ripped off on the J&D port, I played Jak1 and 10% of Jak 2 (never played 2 and 3 before, played 1 so many times on ps2) and I also feel bad for uninstalling a game that I have not finished. On top of it, this game also gave me the known “application error code” which now also appears on other applications even if I have rebuild the database…guess a system restore is needed but I don’t want to empty that 64gb memory card..

Jumped on Danganronmpa 2 instead and I’m already immersed 2 hours into the game. I am still somewhat confused

********SPOILER below from Dangan 1*********** (sorry dont know how to hide text?)

I played Dangan 1 last summer and remembered that 4 people survived the school. I thought game 2 would tell me what happened to them, will it do eventually? Also I remember who really was the “bear” but can’t seem to recognize that person in the cast of 2. Guess time will tell
you should play the sly or ratchet n clank collections instead. Much better ports on the vita I have never played the ps2 games so i cannot compare the games to the original ones, talking about jak n daxter, but i can see all the horrible performance dips and everything. I usually play in plane mode and actually reset the Vita before starting this collection im convinced it gains 1 or 2 fps . the 1st game i could enjoy it but i also felt the fps dips all the time , but if i could play MGS 3ds i could play anything i guess haha. Anyways this collection is by far the worst on Vita and if you have played the originals its crap in comparison. I actually think these games are great but the Vita is not the best choice to play them ,

Alanae

Not sure if this goes here but the other threads seem to be dead, so.
reading through older vita threads I found a lot of people recommending using tempered glass screen protectors, problem is that nearly none of those posters actually mentioned which one they used. After some searching I managed to find somebody recommending this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J839B2S/?tag=neogaf0e-20 , however, after trying it I realized it doesn't actually really fit the vita screen very well so it's kinda noticeable (sticking out on the left/right, and not reaching the top/bottom).

So I'm wondering, does anybody know of a tempered glass protector that does fit the vita 2000 well? Or is the screen scratch resistant enough for it to not really be necessary?

Edit for those looking at this from the future:
ended up going with https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZK7YKEA/?tag=neogaf0e-20
everything seems to be fine except that the protector is a very slight bit smaller than the screen.
thankfully its not a very noticeable difference.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
a bit difficult since the first one didn't come over. not to say it's impossible - at least the only options aren't ps3 and ps vita.

personally, i think shin hayarigami is a series that's way too gross to achieve any sort of lasting appeal like danganronpa or even zero escape. i thought the original hayarigami trilogy was more about dread and horror than gross-out art. too bad those originals never made it over.

that's not to say they won't do it. it's just my personal opinion.

The original hayarigami games were more about curses and such rather than what it turned into which is splatter.

At least it seems like the newest addition to the series isnt getting as blasted as the previous one lol

18-Volt

TGS is right around the corner.

I keep thinking TGS is going to be a no-show, but actually looking back at last year it wasn't so bad. I think it was TGS 2014 that I found disappointing. Whatever year it was they had that sizzle reel that basically just showed otome games; Luminous Arc Infinity & Ukiyo no Roushi.

Anyway, I'm guessing there's going to be a large amount of time spent on PSVR this year. Hopefully they'll have time to throw in a few smaller game announcements since the stuff is still coming to Vita, but it seems more likely to be a Famitsu/Dengeki reveal one week in the future.

I'm starting to feel like I should purchase a "backup" Vita. I currently have the crystal white 2000 I imported from JP. Not sure if I should pick up a refurbished OLED or a new black 2000. Decisions...

BTA

I picked up IA/VT while at Yodobashi Camera in Kyoto this weekend. The songs are maybe a bit too long on average and it's been a little hard to get used to the directions and buttons not being interchangeable (somehow Project Diva's effect lingers despite me not playing since F's Japanese release), but I'm liking it a lot!

I'm thinking of picking up Taiko V too at some point too, but the amount of songs I like that are DLC is daunting, since I'll probably never get them due to the hassle involved. Maybe I'll just grab one or both versions of Must Songs instead- I'm not exactly an Idolmaster fan, but I did enjoy playing through Shiny Festa when those hit $4 each on iOS and I'd definitely be down for another rhythm game with more of that kind of music.

I picked up IA/VT while at Yodobashi Camera in Kyoto this weekend. The songs are maybe a bit too long on average and it's been a little hard to get used to the directions and buttons not being interchangeable (somehow Project Diva's effect lingers despite me not playing since F's Japanese release), but I'm liking it a lot!

I'm thinking of picking up Taiko V too at some point too, but the amount of songs I like that are DLC is daunting, since I'll probably never get them due to the hassle involved. Maybe I'll just grab one or both versions of Must Songs instead- I'm not exactly an Idolmaster fan, but I did enjoy playing through Shiny Festa when those hit $4 each on iOS and I'd definitely be down for another rhythm game with more of that kind of music.

I agree about IA VT songs being long. I love the songs but feel they shouldve trimmed em for the game.

Also Taiko is amazing. I play it everyday. It has trails of cold steel, attack on titan, babymetal. fuck yeah.

BTA

I agree about IA VT songs being long. I love the songs but feel they shouldve trimmed em for the game.

Also Taiko is amazing. I play it everyday. It has trails of cold steel, attack on titan, babymetal. fuck yeah.

I definitely liked the little I've played in arcades so far (I lucked out and somehow managed to get to a song I wanted right when it timed out selection, which was nice), and plan on playing more when I can. It's just that having to switch memory cards and redo bubbles and all that for the DLC is an annoying prospect; same goes for IA even though I hear the DLC's pretty great.

It looks like both versions of Must Songs are <3000 yen each on Amazon.co.jp so I guess I will go for those at some point.

I definitely liked the little I've played in arcades so far (I lucked out and somehow managed to get to a song I wanted right when it timed out selection, which was nice), and plan on playing more when I can. It's just that having to switch memory cards and redo bubbles and all that for the DLC is an annoying prospect; same goes for IA even though I hear the DLC's pretty great.

It looks like both versions of Must Songs are <3000 yen each on Amazon.co.jp so I guess I will go for those at some point.

Im not bothering with the DLC. I just play both IA VT and Taiko V on my US account through carts. Sad tho because Taiko has angel beats music :X as DLC.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
https://twitter.com/PygmyStudio/statuses/759913937118728192

La Mulana Ex has sold 600k.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/759914634891505665

Volgarr the Viking has been rated for Vita. We were just talking about this the other day in the PSN thread! (Although Adult Swim Games aren't involved with this one, and it's the one that's actually making it to the handheld).

600k?!?! Wow that's impressive! I'm not really a fan of it but i'm happy for its developers!

I think it's downloads and not sales actually and it was a free PS+ game. Still a big number though and it shows there are people still using their Vitas.

There was a post somewhere I think in the thread about this that it was about 300k pre PS+ then it went to 500. now it hit 100k. So 200k on ps+ or whatever. I bought it pre ps+.

BTA

Im not bothering with the DLC. I just play both IA VT and Taiko V on my US account through carts. Sad tho because Taiko has angel beats music :X as DLC.

There's that, and Sugar Song and Bitter Step, and a few other songs I'd really like, so not having access to the DLC's annoying. But I'll probably end up getting it before I leave Japan in October if I like Must Songs enough (I want to at least clear everything in IA on Normal before I get those though, which might take a while at the rate I'm playing). Honestly, I've avoided importing stuff before now because of this account issue; it's infuriating. But being in Japan, and the prices being this cheap, it's hard not to get some things that are super easy to play without knowing Japanese and won't be released in the US.

I'm eyeing Super Hero Generation too, since it's a little over 2k on Amazon, but the PS3 version's only 1k so I'll probably go for that if I get it.

Shinriji

There's that, and Sugar Song and Bitter Step, and a few other songs I'd really like, so not having access to the DLC's annoying. But I'll probably end up getting it before I leave Japan in October if I like Must Songs enough (I want to at least clear everything in IA on Normal before I get those though, which might take a while at the rate I'm playing). Honestly, I've avoided importing stuff before now because of this account issue; it's infuriating.

It's not that hard to switch accounts, take 2-3 minutes top. Having access to Taiko DLC, free demos and other exclusive stuff on JP store the minor hassle to change accounts.

There's that, and Sugar Song and Bitter Step, and a few other songs I'd really like, so not having access to the DLC's annoying. But I'll probably end up getting it before I leave Japan in October if I like Must Songs enough (I want to at least clear everything in IA on Normal before I get those though, which might take a while at the rate I'm playing). Honestly, I've avoided importing stuff before now because of this account issue; it's infuriating. But being in Japan, and the prices being this cheap, it's hard not to get some things that are super easy to play without knowing Japanese and won't be released in the US.

I'm eyeing Super Hero Generation too, since it's a little over 2k on Amazon, but the PS3 version's only 1k so I'll probably go for that if I get it.

Also puyo puyo tetris.

Clive

Got a Kickstarter update about Pier Solar and it mentions the Vita version and the dev kits again. Not sure if they ever made an official statement or cancellation so I'll post what it said here:

C. VITA

As we moved office over a year ago, we temporary had to return the Vita development kit to Sony as required by contract. However at the time we asked it back, they would no longer provide Vita development kit to such our small companies. As we can't control whenever we will get another development kit and already made numerous attempt at it, we consider this version of the game cancelled (reward-wise, at least). We understand the disappointment but we hope you understand the situation which is not in our hands.

Only if you have swapped your reward for a sony VITA game, please contact us @ WM's Magical Game Factory along with your baker nickname so we can get you a solution

So, I think it's safe to say it is dead now. Edit: Pier Solar being dead, not the Vita.

I don't get their claim about Sony not loaning dev kits to "such small companies", since there are plenty of smaller devs out there working on Vita games.

But whatever. It's a shame but it's a long time since I first got excited about Pier Solar, I can live without it now (or play on PS3 one day in the future).

CoygCF4VMAEUgRk.jpg

MeiQ Limited Edition goes up for preorder on August 9th......this is a good LE.

Shizuka

Got a Kickstarter update about Pier Solar and it mentions the Vita version and the dev kits again. Not sure if they ever made an official statement or cancellation so I'll post what it said here:

So, I think it's safe to say it is dead now.

Bullshit.

Have you guys seen the kickstarter for Glitched? There's a vita stretch goal at 35k. Almost 24k right now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enhousestudios/glitched

It's a copy n paste from earthbound, but I'm ok with that.

Ya it was posted earlier. The problem with it is it being a kickstarter for a 2018 game with it having Vita as a stretch goal. It's extremely hard to believe that the stretch goal will be honored considering just how far out the game is and the state Vita will be in by then. The PS3 goal is even funnier than the Vita one.

BTA

Also puyo puyo tetris.

I'd definitely go for it at that price (~2.7k) if I didn't already have a PS4 copy.

It's not that hard to switch accounts, take 2-3 minutes top. Having access to Taiko DLC, free demos and other exclusive stuff on JP store the minor hassle to change accounts.

Doesn't it also mess with all your bubbles, though? And you can't move your save across accounts, can you? (That is, you can't as far as I can tell from threads about Taiko V, but I might be wrong.)

I don't get why they had to go out of their way to make it a problem. Even just being able to actually play the JP DLC on a US account would be nice. Maybe I'm weird for caring about it, but I like getting trophies and all and it'd be weird to just have one game isolated to my JP account. Hmm.

Damn, thanks! That is pricey as hell too...

I'd assume that at least PlayAsia will get a sale at some point, it's just that they take a little while to put newer games on sale unless they completely bomb or are Western releases.

Amazon has Steins Gate 0 listed as September 27th for the US. I'd expect an official announcement for it here shortly.

Root Letter also went up and it's dated for October 28th.

Here's Valkyrie Drive as well.

Top Bottom