• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Fady K

Guys, a new Vita game has joined the roster.

A bullet-hell/rhythm game called "Minutes" from Red Phantom Games (aiming for a September release).

minutes-vita-4.jpg

Don't make me get those otome games from Idea Factory to get that over 200!

With IdeaFactory having a western office now, I wonder if they'll consider localizing any of them.

Yet again OP, fantastic work keep it up.

Thanks a lot mate. Check out the OP, the format has been improved :D

Great and dangerous thread. I'm almost afraid to subscribe it hehehe. Top notch work.

As a side note, does anyone know when and if 1001 spikes will be release in Europe for the Vita?

Thanks a lot Corto, glad to see that you're enjoying it!

I have asked both Nicalis and the producer of the game on twitter for updates. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Subscribed, bitch!!! Thanks.

Welcome aboard Ricky, and thanks.

Thanks OP!

Amazing thread.

You're most welcome Ganzlinger, stay tuned for more :]

Impressive list, but I wish we would get an update on some of these. I mean, where the hell is Frozen Synapse? I feel like that game has been in the pipeline for 2+ years. Even on Double Eleven's game page, they say "It’s scheduled for release later in 2013." Well it's over halfway through 2014 and we haven't heard anything about the game. I wish that developers did a better job communicating, especially with a platform as tenuous as Vita. I'd hate to see some of these games silently cancelled.

My other worry is that some of these will receive less than stellar port jobs. A lot of them are PC first titles, which I don't mind, but I would hate to see another Dustforce.

Thanks pastrami. The thing I noticed with the majority of Vita releases is: they tend to get release dates only a few weeks or, at most, months away from release. In some cases, like with Broken Sword 5 Episode 1, we only heard about it a couple of days before. Worry not though, the "coming soon" section will constantly be updated by myself, God willing, for all releases in the coming weeks.

Any news regarding Freedom Wars release date?

Hello there Nesther. At this rate, all we know is "2014".

People need to calm down about the whole Indie thing.

Not liking Indie is a-ok too and calling people that dislike them idiots or not a gamer is such a silly thing to do.

Thing is, some people seem to treat indie games like a genre. In this day a game being an indie game doesn't really change much for us gamers. The end product could be similar to a retail game released back in the day.

So disney infinity 2.0 image is broken it doesnt show anything. This is a great list of Titles an image you must upload is from upcoming survival horror "Forgotten Memories" it is an interesting game to look froward to.

Hi there incpdo. I double checked and both the disney infinity image is up for me as well as the forgotten memories screenshot. Do you still not see them?

What kind of game is Twilight Struggle? It looks like a strategy game.

Tabletop/boardgame strategy game I'd say :]

Wait; Papers, Please is confirmed for a Vita release?! Praise be, been wanting to play that game for ages!

The developer officially expressed that he is trying to work on a version for the Vita :]

Here is one article about it from the official playstation magazine (UK version) - Click here.

The developer officially expressed that he is trying to work on a version for the Vita :]

Here is one article about it from the official playstation magazine (UK version) - Click here.

Great news! That was back in February too, so hopefully things are moving along by now. He should contact Double Eleven, or failing that let Devolver Digital or Curve Studios handle it.

Fady K

Great news! That was back in February too, so hopefully things are moving along by now. He should contact Double Eleven, or failing that let Devolver Digital or Curve Studios handle it.

Great news indeed bro! Given that the game is a critical success, I'm sure one dev will perform that task admirably.

down 2 orth

Oh my god, I've died and gone to heaven!!

Great list of games, super comprehensive. Also glad to see the Japanese games that might not get localization, if only to have a better idea of what Japan GAF is talking about. I'm really surprised at how much content vita has to offer on the horizon!

Fady K

UPDATE FOR EU VITA BROS - Freedom Wars will now be getting a retail version. Shu just confirmed it.

When the hell was Papers, Please confirmed to be coming to the Vita?!

Never, the dev was only considering it months ago.

It is more than a consideration, the guy is actually been shopping it around for a dev to port it. Hopefully it is a matter of time.

Haha, i was just about to ask the same :D Should be removed from the list as it's more of a rumor rather than a confirmed upcoming title. Same with other titles of the same fate.

If you noticed any unconfirmed games, let me know and ill remove them, thanks Noisepurge ^_^

OP, I didn't see Minecraft on the list.

Thanks for this thread as I was starting to be ground down by all this pervasive negativity about the future of the Vita. Hopefully all these devs find great success and keep making games for the little blighter for years to come.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
People can decide whatever they want to play, no one can't force them to play anything.

Problem is that, as I said some pages back, the whole "I don't like indies" thing shows ignorance to say the least, because indies aren't a genre, indies are usually completely different each other. If I say "indie game" I'm not actually saying anything about the game itself.

And yet people seems to treat AAA games as a genre too, hahaha.

Ah well, people disparaging either AAA or Indie entirely... their loss.

MQX

Ugh.

Indies are one of the worst things to happen to gaming. Why? Because companies are using these "game releases" to hide the fact that there is nothing of substance coming out on the horizon (Vita, PS4).

Sony is selling these half assed attempts at games as if they are full fledged experiences.

Where the hell are the middle of the road budget titles that offer different experiences with higher quality standards?

I miss the PS2 era.

Remember these?

God of War, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Burnout 3: Takedown, Gran Turismo 3, GTA: SA, SMT series, Final Fantasy XII, Katamari Damacy, Guitar Hero (original), Call of Duty (original), Killzone, Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter, Onimusha, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, Zone of the Enders, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Beyond Good and Evil, Socom, SSX, Star Wars Battlefront, Tales of Symphonia, Yakuza... a lot of these series were NEW IPs at the time. Nowadays these IPs have been milked to death instead of companies coming up with new games.

I realize that some of these are higher budget titles, but come on. This is the standard that I expect from games (2 generations ago no less). Why the hell are people settling for this indie BS.

This new generation of games is absolutely garbage in my opinion.
I understand what you say. Not that I hate Indie games. But Indie games are not the type of games you want to get a Vita :/(at least, to me). And I'm actually not waiting for some Indie games while they are also available on Steam(and get them for a cheaper price :p). It makes me a bit sad that the type of games on the vita is splitted in Indie, J(-RPG) games and 1st Party. Where's 3rd Party?(examples: GTA, NFS) What if i didn't like J(-RPG) games? My list of reasons to get a Vita gets smaller and smaller. Thankfully we have some "niche" games that is coming to the Vita and that I'm a fan of those niche games ;P. But if i put the niche games away, it doesn't make me a really happy :/(hope someone understands me :'/).

But yeah. This post comes from someone who uses Steam and knows how to get cheap (indie) games ;P.(this might be the reason why I'm not happy about this). If I didn't know about Steam, than I think this wouldn't been a problem for me :p.

Varth

Where the hell are the middle of the road budget titles that offer different experiences with higher quality standards?

God of War, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Burnout 3: Takedown, Gran Turismo 3, GTA: SA, SMT series, Final Fantasy XII, Katamari Damacy, Guitar Hero (original), Call of Duty (original), Killzone, Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter, Onimusha, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, Zone of the Enders, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Beyond Good and Evil, Socom, SSX, Star Wars Battlefront, Tales of Symphonia, Yakuza...

Complains about middle of the road budget games.

Lists PS2-era AAA (AAAA?) games.

Makes sense. I hate diversity, too.

EDIT: also, great job, OP. Half of the list literaly came out of nowhere for me. Bonus points for reminding me that Papers Please is coming out.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Thanks for the List OP! Out of those in the list so far I got about 42 must,26 in the considering list and 12 that I would buy if it gets localize in the US. I hope you keep the list updated and I'm definitely subscribing to this thread.

May16

Is Girls Und Panzer getting a NA release?

I'm hoping it gets announced. I'd say there's no chance, but then I think that NA got Senran Kagura, Demon Gaze, Conception II, Tomodachi Collection, and soon Akiba's Trip and even Criminal Girls (WTF?). There's been stuff coming over that I definitely wouldn't have expected before, so... there's an outside chance, I guess? I...hope?

It'd be nice to see someone like XSeed or Aksys pick it up because it has potential get some critical acclaim, satisfy fans of the anime and add another cool exclusive to Vita's lineup.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Faustek

Project Phoenix sounds interesting, but lord knows if it ever sees the light of day period, let alone on Vita...

Well they did say it would come for PS 4/Vita in the KS. and from the forums talk I see nothing that would detract from this.

But there is this sentiment that seems to push for people to like Indie games even if they don't want to, and I find it to be rather troubling.

And yet people seems to treat AAA games as a genre too, hahaha.

Ah well, people disparaging either AAA or Indie entirely... their loss.

Remember that people are well people. It's wrong to treat AAA and Indies like they are ALL the same as you said. The thing is that Indie threads are usually smaller and not as active so the people driving by just to spew on it will stand out more. Oh and just a personal preference, I dislike shooters and some of the biggest AAA are shooters. But as you said, good games are good games just that people need to try if the genre suits you :)

l4QMagO.gif

What fantastic news to wake up to.

There's a blog post about it too.

I'm HAPPY! Seriously this will mean 3 purchases from me. One to me, one to my niece and one to give away to my godson I think...if it isn't to violent....stupid kid is harassing me for Minecraft on Vita after he saw an add for it.

Thanks for posting this list. I saw a handful of games that I'm interested in (Rouge Legacy, Walking Dead, and Wolf Among Us are top among my list).

I just got the borderlands bundle and I was worried that nothing would be coming out for the system, but alas, you showed me the light!

Finalow

there is no thread for Great Edo Blacksmith? Couldn't find it.

anyway I was pretty interested in the game until I read "you can touch the girls || erotic elements", so yeah, nvm, interest lost.
well, should have expected that from nippon ichi anyway, or from those pictures I guess.
-

Freedom Wars getting a retail version is good news indeed.

Fady K

And JUST LIKE THAT ladies and gentlemen we have FOUR new release dates for games coming out in the next 2-3 weeks! Like i said, vita games get sudden release dates ^-^

So without further ado -

Entwined - out TONIGHT
Table Top Racing - August 5th
-Hohokum - Aug 12
Counterspy - Aug 19

I'll add them up to the OP soon with more details!

So expect some censorship if a western release happens.

If the game is mostly erotic im not sure if we'll even get a censored version.

Complains about middle of the road budget games.

Lists PS2-era AAA (AAAA?) games.

Makes sense. I hate diversity, too.

EDIT: also, great job, OP. Half of the list literaly came out of nowhere for me. Bonus points for reminding me that Papers Please is coming out.

Thank yoy very much :)! Glad so many games were new to you! Papers please is very much planned by the dev but is not guaranteed just yet.

Thanks for the List OP! Out of those in the list so far I got about 42 must,26 in the considering list and 12 that I would buy if it gets localize in the US. I hope you keep the list updated and I'm definitely subscribing to this thread.

You are most welcome Xion_Stellar. I'll do my best to update this thread constantly. Stay tuned :)

Thanks 2+2=5, ill add both nippon ichi's game and the visual novel as.well. 200 games and over!

l4QMagO.gif

What fantastic news to wake up to.

There's a blog post about it too.

Yes!! Excellent indeed. They heard the fans and changed their minds ;)

Thanks for posting this list. I saw a handful of games that I'm interested in (Rouge Legacy, Walking Dead, and Wolf Among Us are top among my list).

I just got the borderlands bundle and I was worried that nothing would be coming out for the system, but alas, you showed me the light!

Thank you very much pal! Good news - 4 further games got dated today and they are coming out in the next few weeks!

there is no thread for Great Edo Blacksmith? Couldn't find it.

anyway I was pretty interested in the game until I read "you can touch the girls || erotic elements", so yeah, nvm, interest lost.
well, should have expected that from nippon ichi anyway, or from those pictures I guess.
-

Freedom Wars getting a retail version is good news indeed.

Yes i was hoping for a different game from Nippon Ichi but alas :/ i'll keep you all posted vitabros ^-^

redcrayon

I know it's a big ask, but are you going to keep updating it every so often? You've created a great resource here, well done :)

incpdo

I know it's a big ask, but are you going to keep updating it every so often? You've created a great resource here, well done :)

I agree , thou i would put the titles with a minor description of what genre is the game and all images would be the same size. But everything else is fine.

To OP: Images work fine for me now. Thanks!

bLaiSe

Wow! Thanks for bringing some of these to my attention. There's a lot of games on this list I didn't even know about.

Listening to the new episode of the Beyond podcast right now, and at 21:30 or thereabouts, Colin Moriarty namechecks this thread in a very complimentary manner. Good work OP.

Fady K

Guys, apparently Blood of the Werewolf is coming to Vita soon as well! It reviewed *very* well on the Xbox 360.

269615-header.jpg

In case any of you guys missed it, here are yesterday's releases:

NEW ATTRACTIONS

The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode Four (Genre - Adventure / Developed by Telltale Games, developer of Tales of Monkey Island, The Wolf Among Us and the last few Sam & Max games) / Trailer / Release Date - Tuesday July 22 NA)
13905378474_01f6102646_z.jpg

Entwined (Genre - Musical Rhythm Action / Developed by Pixelopus, a Sony studio / Trailer) - CROSS BUY/CROSS SAVE
004868.jpg

Hey there redcrayon. It does take up some time but I'm more than happy to share the latest on the Vita, especially because a lot of its content can arrive unnoticed! I'm glad you're loving it and I'll continue to do my best. Check out this very post, I added some of the new games on it. Stay tuned for the latest updates :)

I agree , thou i would put the titles with a minor description of what genre is the game and all images would be the same size. But everything else is fine.

To OP: Images work fine for me now. Thanks!

Did you check out the format of my "coming soon" and "new attractions" games with the genre, developer info, trailer and release date info? I plan to do that on all the new releases + games that are coming soon.

Thanks for the update on the images.

Wow! Thanks for bringing some of these to my attention. There's a lot of games on this list I didn't even know about.

You're most welcome! Let me know if you wanted more info on any of them :]

Listening to the new episode of the Beyond podcast right now, and at 21:30 or thereabouts, Colin Moriarty namechecks this thread in a very complimentary manner. Good work OP.

Really?? I'm honored! I'll thank him on twitter :)! Thanks for the notification Mr. Stobbart.

redcrayon

Hey there redcrayon. It does take up some time but I'm more than happy to share the latest on the Vita, especially because a lot of its content can arrive unnoticed! I'm glad you're loving it and I'll continue to do my best. Check out this very post, I added some of the new games on it. Stay tuned for the latest updates :)

Grand stuff! Great news on Blood of the Werewolf, that should be good on Vita.

BumRush

Why aren't there more point and click games ported to the vita? (e.g. Monkey Island series, Day of the Tentacle, etc.)

Fady K

OP, I didn't see Minecraft on the list.

Thanks for this thread as I was starting to be ground down by all this pervasive negativity about the future of the Vita. Hopefully all these devs find great success and keep making games for the little blighter for years to come.

Minecraft is there KimonoNoNo, right above Akiba's trip ;D

I'm glad you're liking this thread and I think while the Vita is nowhere near as successful as many of us would hope it is NOWHERE near as bad as a lot of people say on GAF - ESPECIALLY when it comes to gaming content. Again, I wish it was a lot better, but it is a lot better than the impression many people give us.

Personally, my Vita gets more use than my 3DS and is just as good of a system if not better for me.

Why aren't there more point and click games ported to the vita? (e.g. Monkey Island series, Day of the Tentacle, etc.)

I WISH I knew. Because IMO the system is EXCELLENT for these kinds of games (which happen to be among my very favorite genres). Broken Sword 5, Stick it to the Man and Machinarium are a testament to that ;D

Here's hoping for much more!

Raonak

Banned
Not liking Indie is a-ok too and calling people that dislike them idiots or not a gamer is such a silly thing to do.

I highly disagree with this sentiment. Tying your enjoyment of a game to the development budget is extremely stupid to me. This applies to people who blanket disregard indie games, and also to people who blanket disregard AAA games.

biezel

For anyone interested, looks like the Borderlands bundle is back in stock at Amazon.

What do you guys think the chances are of a different bundle, or just buying the new Vita without BL2? I have zero interest in playing through BL2 again, but I'm itching to pick up one of the new models.

Fady K

Damn, I was the one who missed it. :D

Too big of a game to miss ;) I hope they release a bundle for it as it can attract many gamers!

For anyone interested, looks like the Borderlands bundle is back in stock at Amazon.

What do you guys think the chances are of a different bundle, or just buying the new Vita without BL2? I have zero interest in playing through BL2 again, but I'm itching to pick up one of the new models.

Great news. By the way, what's with stock being scarce everywhere? As in, actual vita hardware for purchase?

Thanks for the list, by now my spreadsheet shows that the vita have over 600 games (released + unreleased, all regions).

And this topic was mentioned in one of the japan's biggest flying get blogs (and fairly fond of the vita).

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/39956174.html

Wow, that is awesome. Thanks for telling me bro. I tweeted him about using the updated thread instead but I'm not sure if he understands English :0

FYI OP, your thread was mentioned (and praised) by Colin Moriarty on Podcast Beyond (IGN)! :)

So I was told! I felt very humbled by that and thanked him on twitter. I was very happy to see how he himself was shocked by the amount of titles! There's more to the Vita than meets the eye ^^

i came back to see if this game Monsterbag was in the OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WYwgbxJLsE

trailer looks cool

monste10.jpg

Nice! Did not know about this one before! Thanks for sharing it NinjamicWZ, adding it to the OP ^_^

Top Bottom