• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Traffcore

Sweet, sounds like you've got a ton of choice cuts already. Glad to help.

I forgot to mention Spelunky & 1,001 Spikes too. They're really good games, but I'm cautious to recommend them to everyone because of their difficulty. Depending on what you like, it can be really fun or really frustrating.

Since I'm looking at my screen now, some other good digital stuff that's pretty easy to like: Mutant Blobs From Outer Space Attack (was a launch exclusive til recently, and it was pretty universally enjoyed), Steamworld Dig, BIT.TRIP Runner 2, Fez, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate & Mutant Mudds. If you like smaller games, 2D, indies etc those are good ones.

On top of that you can add Rogue Legacy in same category. I must try one of them out to see if that's something I would enjoy personally...

Mutant Blobs From Outer Space Attack looks like a pretty fun game. Steamworld Dig I skipped on the PS4 and didn't really got my attention that much for some reason. BIT.TRIP Runner 2 are really a must have for me. I have always been intrigued by the BIT. Trip games. It just looks fun and addictive.

I got Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate on the PS4 and it seems mediocre. It won't make the cut for the system at first. FEZ I have played on my MacBook. I played it for a couple of hours and for some reason it got left behind. Maybe it's time to get back into it! Mutant Mudds looks fantastic! It has that Mario feel to it. That just came on top of my playing list! Top notch!

redcrayon

I can't wait for Rogue Legacy next week. The format of trying to get just a little further each time seems like such a great game for a portable, in the same way that Spelunky is.

Fady K

Just listened to the last Podcast Beyond and this thread gets a callout by Colin! Nice compliment for the OP!

I was very humbled by that ^^ I thanked him on twitter for that!

as long as this threads around it will remain the hope of vita owners

I agree! May we all keep it growing and not miss a SINGLE upcoming game for the system :)

This is such a great thread. I do most of my gaming on my Vita these days and while I was aware of quite a few of these games, quite a few still passed me by until now. I can see me getting most of the games on this list sooner or later. August is looking like a really solid month for the Vita, I can see me picking up at least one game a week...

Thanks Shadowman16! There are countless Vita games coming up indeed and there is surely more to come. With GDC, Gamecom and TGS coming up we may hear more! Again, the beautiful thing about the Vita is an empty month of releases suddenly becomes more than competent when release dates get announced a couple of weeks before the game's release.

To OP you are missing this interesting title (japanese only but import friendly)
Hideboh

prod_package.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBu6PGFyvbA

Thanks for helping out (yet again :D) incpdo! Added :) Thanks again!!

I'm starting to think I should have gotten a Vita instead of a PS4. Probably would have gotten a lot more use out of it so far.

Both are amazing systems to own. Let me know if you ever need any recommendations on either :)

I am getting a Vita today b/c of this thread.

(early adopter thats returning)

Cool! Congrats :) Much has come out in recent months, let me know if you need any recommendations :D

Got my 64GB card in the mail yesterday. I'm ready.

Woo :D Enjoy!

I'm finally getting a Vita tomorrow!
I haven't kept up-to-date on the games for the it though.

Can you guys guide me for the best games on the platform?
Already getting Persona 4 Golden!

Congrats man! You made an excellent choice with Persona 4 the Golden, heard only GREAT things about it and I look forward to playing it too.

I completely forgot about Energy Hook. Proper Spiderman swinging in a non-Spiderman game.

It comes from one of the key developers of Spider-Man 2 back on the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube too.

I do the same with every port/multi-plat. It just feels right playing on Vita.

This! I There is something simply amazing about playing a fully-faithful port on the Vita over other systems! Such a beautiful system <3

It's already a thing -- actually, I think it was on PS Plus recently too.

It was! Free on the Vita if you had PS+ :)

Do we have solid confirmation Starbound is coming? Won't be until the end of 2015 at the earliest anyway considering the state the PC version is in right now.

Skyrise

Great thread!

So cool to see both our games (Futuridium EP Deluxe and forma.8) in the huge list here on NeoGAF, and so happy for all the love Vita is getting from devs all over the world.

I really enjoy working on it, the hardware just feels 'right'.
It's such an underrated machine...

redcrayon

I've just been watching the story trailer for Freedom Wars and it looks quite interesting, I didn't realise it had a single player campaign. Until now I'd kinda written it off as a multiplayer-only game, but now it's on my list of stuff to check out later this year.

HF2014

Ok, a bit off topic, but since im a junior i cannot create a thread and , well, anyway, i wanna report a problem with my Vita PSP Games.

On the PS Store of my PS Vita, we got the ability to download PSP games. I surprisingly realize that Gran Turismo PSP is available to download!!! So yeah, i run to the store, buy a 20$ psn card. Find gran turismo, purchase it and start downloading it....

But wait...i got a nice message that this game cannot be downloaded from my ps vita. Hmm what??? Wait. PSP games show up available to purchase on the vita store, and i cannot download em from my vita???

Tell me what i need to do, cause i got a PS Vita and a PS4, and i got no way it seem to download it????

Seriously i am very pissed atm. So decide to take it to a live chat support. Here are their answer:

:------

Juan M.: Hi, my name is Juan M.. How may I help you?
Me : hi
Me : i just purchase a game on my ps vita, a psp game gran turismo
Me : but, i cannot download it, is there a reason?
Juan M.: I see, H. I'd be happy to look into this for you today.
Me: Online ID: xxxxxx
Order Number: xxxxxxxxxxx
if you need more info
Juan M.: Thank you
Juan M.: Do you receive any error code?
Me: i go to the download list, and its simply write: Cannot download from a ps vita
Me: Cannot download using a PS Vita system exactly
Juan M.: Have you tried downloading the game to a PS3 and then transfer it to the PSP?
Me: Well , i have a PS Vita and a PS4, no ps3 anymore. And i dont have a psp.
Juan M.: I understand
Juan M.: In this case unfortunately the game is only accessible from a PSP. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Me: Well, why is it available to purchase for the vita? its listed on the vita ps store. And what can you do about this?
Juan M.: Let me check this for you.
Me: ok
Juan M.: We can submit a refund request if you want H.
Me: Well, if i cannot download it, yeah i appreaciate that please.
Me: But its kind of confusing thinking you can download a psp game into your vita. I already did it in the past for one game i think, and now it doesnt work
Juan M.: I understand, I'm sorry for the inconvenience H.
Juan M.: Although you have entered information about a SEN account before this chat, could you please provide the following to confirm the *exact* account you need assistance with?

- First and Last Name on account
- Sign-In ID (email address)
- Online ID
Me: xxxxx@xxxxxx
Me: xxxxx is my online id
Juan M.: Thank you
Me: Its very strange, i download lego harry potter year 1-4 and god of war chains of olympus for psp into my vita in the past, im still able to redownload em. But Gran Turismo, i cannot
Juan M.: I understand, I'm sorry for the inconvenience H, some games are compatible in both platforms and some other aren't.
Juan M.: I do want to advise you that According to the PlayStation Network User Agreement all sales made on the PlayStation Network are final.
However, I will submit your request for review so that our Network Team can look at your specific situation. Please note, I cannot guarantee a refund will be processed.
If your refund request is granted, all funds will be returned to your PSN wallet. You will be notified via email once a decision has been made.
Juan M.: Please allow 5-7 business days for your refund to be processed. You will be notified via email once it is complete.
Me: Is there a way to know next time i wanna get a psp game for vita? There was no indication telling me that when i purchase it ( dont know if i miss it or anything, but i didnt see anything )
Juan M.: This is your case number if you want to request an update on the status of your refund. 000000000
Juan M.: You can check the game on https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and there you'll be able to see the platforms compatible with the game.
Juan M.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me: No thats about it. But maybe hoping the confusion about this can be remove. Its just kinda strange a game downloadable and purchasable from the vita store cannot be played on it.
Juan M.: I understand I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Juan M.: Thank you for contacting PlayStation Chat Support, have a nice day.
Me: yeah thanks you too.

-------

So its pretty simple. Why list games on the vita store if you cannot downloadd and play em??Seriously, they better refund me. I am currently honestly thinking about selling all my sony stuff. Seriously Sony. WTF???

Faustek

Oh boy, SCEA does it again? Seen this happen to a few.

Games shows compability with Vita, buy it, can't download it. :|
Download to PS3, teansfer, it works.

Not sure if it works but tried downloading using Media Go? http://mediago.sony.com/

I'm mainly on Linux so never really bothered with it.

HF2014

Oh boy, SCEA does it again? Seen this happen to a few.

Games shows compability with Vita, buy it, can't download it. :|
Download to PS3, teansfer, it works.

Not sure if it works but tried downloading using Media Go? http://mediago.sony.com/

I'm mainly on Linux so never really bothered with it.

Can look, but honestly, i dont feel like doing this. God, it appear on the PS Vita Store, why would it be that hard to get it in there??? Seriously, they better refund me. If downloading it into my ps4 or vita isnt possible, why list it in there???

On their website they linked me, it doesnt show its vita compatible (or maybe it was??? ). But then, remove it from the store no???? I did some search on their website and look the vita library and gran turismo is not the only title that seem to have this problem. And the fun part, i have to wait mayybe 2 weeks to get a refund.

This is just awful.

RK128

Sorry about not being able to play your game HF2014 :(, Sony tends to pull things like this ALOT with the Vita sadly X(.

Do you want proof? Just take a look at this thread earlier in the year X(. People were FINALLY able to play there PSP/PS1 games that normally don't work on there Vita's....but of course, Sony disabled this 'glitch'. It was most likely due to Homebrew issues and what not but it still stung :(.

The issue you are having? Lots of people had that happen to them with this (as they though they could play there PSP/PS1 games on Vita then).

Don't mean to go off-topic but this stuff is common, so sorry you had to experience it man :(.

HF2014

Sorry about not being able to play your game HF2014 :(, Sony tends to pull things like this ALOT with the Vita sadly X(.

Do you want proof? Just take a look at this thread earlier in the year X(. People were FINALLY able to play there PSP/PS1 games that normally don't work on there Vita's....but of course, Sony disabled this 'glitch'. It was most likely due to Homebrew issues and what not but it still stung :(.

The issue you are having? Lots of people had that happen to them with this (as they though they could play there PSP/PS1 games on Vita then).

Don't mean to go off-topic but this stuff is common, so sorry you had to experience it man :(.

Ok wow. This is jawbreaking. Didnt knew that a lot of people were having the same problem. Call me impulsive, but i just HATE bad service, and when it happen, i kinda have this big temptation to get rid of all my sony stuff atm. I have this PS4 in my room simply for the moment collecting dust.And i dont know whats holding me to sell it back.

In the past, i had 2 rrod problem with my 360, switch to sony, and never looked back. But this? Showing games you can buy, but you cannot play?? What is this??? About last month, i purchase a refurbished wii u, but decide a the last moment to cancel that. I called nintendo, and in 5 minutes, the problem was solved. No charge on my credit card, everything is cancel, AAA customer support.Apple? 2 time i had in-game purchase and app purchase i didnt wanted. Send them a email, and in 2 days, everything was refunded. Now i have to wait 5-7 business to be MAYBE refunded? I think i was not angry enough when i speak to the representative.

i really think i need to take a deep deep breath...

baekshi

Banned
Ok wow. This is jawbreaking. Didnt knew that a lot of people were having the same problem.
\/

I think you got that part wrong.... that wasn't a problem, that was a hiccup that allowed every PSP game to be downloaded through your download list and playable on Vita. It was 'fixed' after few days and as it was before, locked them from being downloaded on Vita.

HF2014

I think you got that part wrong.... that wasn't a problem, that was a hiccup that allowed every PSP game to be downloaded through your download list and playable on Vita. It was 'fixed' after few days and as it was before, locked them from being downloaded on Vita.

Yeah i got that, it was another problem, but it seem other people also have similar problem i have. I think its just a big mess atm. :(

RK128

Yeah i got that, it was another problem, but it seem other people also have similar problem i have. I think its just a big mess atm. :(

I just said the some people are dealing with similar issues you are currently dealing with (remember a Gaf users took part of that 'glitch' and bought Motorstorm PSP thinking it was going to work but by the time he got it, the 'glitch' was disabled, making him waste 10 bucks of his PSN credit.

I do remember him getting a refund for it though :D, so I'm sure you will to (as you have an even stronger case here; Sony would refuse to notice this 'glitch' due to some stupid reasons but with games actively on the PS Vita Store not working? They have to give you your money back).

Sorry for the confusion, just wanted to highlight one of the mistakes Sony tends to pull with the Vita :(.

baekshi

Banned

yup this game is listed on Vita Store (which never happened before) and isn't playable also. You have every right to get that money back.

@Wreck

just listened to Official PlayStation Blogcast

and they are finally brining the Ratchet & Clank: Collection (NA) to the PSVita

so pumped to play these again!

Seriously considering getting a Vita, but I still have some questions:

-I have Dragon's Crown, Hotline Miami and Injustice on PS3...if I bought a Vita do I get any of these games for free (ie is cross-buy a thing with Vita/PS3)?

-If I buy PS+ on my PS3 will it apply to my account on Vita as well?

-Can I put mp3s on the Vita? What about jpgs for custom wallpaper like on PS3?

-Is every single retail game also available digitally on PSN?

Arukado

-I have Dragon's Crown, Hotline Miami and Injustice on PS3...if I bought a Vita do I get any of these games for free (ie is cross-buy a thing with Vita/PS3)?

- You get Hotline Miami.

- Yes. Ps+ is attached to your account. As long as you use the same account on both devices you will have ps+ on both.

- Yes, you can. You can use custom wallpapers too.

- I think so.

Check this thread for custom Vita wallpaper goodness:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462902

Okay awesome, thanks for the replies guys. I see it comes with 8GB but I want to go all digital. I also see that I can only use Sony PS Vita memory cards in this.

Is 32GB really the max?

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Okay awesome, thanks for the replies guys. I see it comes with 8GB but I want to go all digital. I also see that I can only use Sony PS Vita memory cards in this.

Is 32GB really the max?

Definitely import a 64GB one. The convenience outweighs any difference in price. I wouldn't want to do all digital with a 32GB card.

So is there a date yet for the Vita version of Hotline Miami 2? Having finished Jazz last weekend (which is a great little platformer) I've now moved onto finishing the orignal Hotline Miami on the Vita. I've finished 2-3 times so far going after the trophies, I think I've got about 5 chapters left to A+ as well as a couple of the annoying "all weapon" trophies. Its a fanatastic Vita port, I honestly prefer the controls on the Vita version versus other consoles/PC.

So is there a date yet for the Vita version of Hotline Miami 2? Having finished Jazz last weekend (which is a great little platformer) I've now moved onto finishing the orignal Hotline Miami on the Vita. I've finished 2-3 times so far going after the trophies, I think I've got about 5 chapters left to A+ as well as a couple of the annoying "all weapon" trophies. Its a fanatastic Vita port, I honestly prefer the controls on the Vita version versus other consoles/PC.

It's still a "Q3" for all platforms.

phen0m24

dude where can I even buy a $200 MSRP Vita right now?

If I may offer a suggestion, my son wanted a Vita for his birthday, and I ended up getting two of them. (oops - thankfully one was from Amazon - easy return)

Set up an alert on Nowinstock and they will email you when there is stock available online. In the last 2 weeks alone I probably got a dozen emails that either BB, GS or Amazon had them (the Borderlands bundle) in stock at MSRP.

My son said he wanted a blue one so I ended up buying an imported one anyway from NCSX.. So much for MSRP...

Shizuka

If I may offer a suggestion, my son wanted a Vita for his birthday, and I ended up getting two of them. (oops - thankfully one was from Amazon - easy return)

Set up an alert on Nowinstock and they will email you when there is stock available online. In the last 2 weeks alone I probably got a dozen emails that either BB, GS or Amazon had them (the Borderlands bundle) in stock at MSRP.

My son said he wanted a blue one so I ended up buying an imported one anyway from NCSX.. So much for MSRP...

What a cool dad, kudos to you.

Top Bottom