• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

phen0m24

What a cool dad, kudos to you.

Thank you Shizuka! But since two Vitas can be connected to the same Plus account - and I told him I'm not paying twice for all the games I've bought already - his play = my trophies. Sorry, kiddo!

Meh, he's happy. He has the new shiny model, a bunch of games already in the download list, and he's itching to play Minecraft on it and show off the light blue one to his friends. Heck, maybe Vita sales will go up!

nyarla

Neo Member
Not sure if it's worthy of this thread yet but ->

I'm making a Vita game! It's a sequel to my 2011 game Forget-Me-Not....it might be called Super Forget-Me-Not if I don't think of a better name.

It's at quite an early stage, no ETA yet. I only work on it in my very limited spare time. Was actually feeling pretty down about it lately because of this...it's really slow going.... but then I saw THIS THREAD a few days ago. Seriously, totally blaming this thread for rekindling my inspiration & excitement about my game. So many awesome looking vita games! Thanks Fady K :D

So yeahhh Super Forget-Me-Not!
sfmn4.png

(a few more screenshots are here http://nyarlu.net/superFMNwip/)

Here's a vine video of it running on Vita devkit: http://vine.co/v/MiPUr0KB13z

It's an arcade game. It has Pac-Man, Nethack, and an old C64 game called Crossroads in its DNA. Tiny arcade ecosystem. Colours and chaos and exploding labyrinths. That sort of thing....

~ BTW the game Avoid Droid, in the list, has had its name changed to Don't Die, Mr Robot ('droid' is trademarked apparently). My friends made it, fun game :)

Renpatsu

I'm making a Vita game! It's a sequel to my 2011 game Forget-Me-Not....it might be called Super Forget-Me-Not if I don't think of a better name.

It's at quite an early stage, no ETA yet. I only work on it in my very limited spare time. Was actually feeling pretty down about it lately because of this...it's really slow going.... but then I saw THIS THREAD a few days ago. Seriously, totally blaming this thread for rekindling my inspiration & excitement about my game. So many awesome looking vita games! Thanks Fady K :D

It's an arcade game. It has Pac-Man, Nethack, and an old C64 game called Crossroads in its DNA. Tiny arcade ecosystem. Colours and chaos and exploding labyrinths. That sort of thing....

~ BTW the game Avoid Droid, in the list, has had its name changed to Don't Die, Mr Robot ('droid' is trademarked apparently). My friends made it, fun game :)
Given the pretty unique aesthetic I hope you put some thought into your UI and design something that complements the gameplay.

Letep

Rogue Legacy is a perfect fit for Vita. Played some of it the other night, and had a great time. Can't wait to play more.

nyarla

Neo Member
Thanks guys!

Given the pretty unique aesthetic I hope you put some thought into your UI and design something that complements the gameplay.

UI doesn't play much of a part in this game, since it's arcadey..there's no inventory or menus etc used during gameplay (my mention of Nethack might've given the wrong impression...the rogueyness comes from the randomly generated levels and the weird little interactions that can happen between monsters).

But I am kinda obsessed with responsive & pretty menu systems that feel nice to navigate! That's what I just started working on actually.. silly vine vid from yesterday: http://vine.co/v/MEiv2JVl0nu ..hopefully it'll satisfy other connoisseurs.

As for health bars and other in-game stuff, don't know exactly what those will look like yet but yeah it'd be nice to find a way to make them feel like part of the world as much as possible..

redcrayon

Rogue Legacy is a perfect fit for Vita. Played some of it the other night, and had a great time. Can't wait to play more.
I almost missed my train stop this morning playing it. Definitely has that 'one more go' appeal, perfect for portables.

meppi

sfmn4.png

Wow. Genuinely excited for this! :D
If it's at all doable, would it be possible to include the original game in there as well?

As for gameplay ideas and possibly special modes, have you ever thought about something akin to Crush Roller by ADK?
Loved those games so much and it was the game I imported my first Neo Geo Pocket for. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmP9rRb6DDY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySBNqFhop0E

Yasumi

Banned
What are the great, import friendly, JP titles?
Most of the better ones have been (or are in the process of being) localized. Of what's left, Gundam Seed Battle Destiny and Gundam Breaker are pretty solid. God Eater 2 is awesome and also fairly easy to navigate if you've already played Burst on PSP.

nyarla

Neo Member
Wow. Genuinely excited for this! :D
If it's at all doable, would it be possible to include the original game in there as well?

As for gameplay ideas and possibly special modes, have you ever thought about something akin to Crush Roller by ADK?
Loved those games so much and it was the game I imported my first Neo Geo Pocket for. :)

Hmm..the original won't be in there sorry.. I'm coding this one from scratch. But, it's basically the same game, only with more stuff. There'll be a mode like arcade mode on the orig. I mean for it to be the definitive version.

Crush Roller..cool! Haven't seen this before. Food for thought. Definitely gotta have a few different modes in there... I love how there are roads going over and under each other, and that pushable wall :O

Shinriji

I'm still waiting and buying day 1.

meppi

Hmm..the original won't be in there sorry.. I'm coding this one from scratch. But, it's basically the same game, only with more stuff. There'll be a mode like arcade mode on the orig. I mean for it to be the definitive version.

Too bad, but I can see what you're going for.
Loved the first on iOS, but I've really started disliking touchscreen controls overall on my iPod, so I was hoping for a normal controller option.

Crush Roller..cool! Haven't seen this before. Food for thought. Definitely gotta have a few different modes in there... I love how there are roads going over and under each other, and that pushable wall :O

Yeah it seems to be a truly forgotten little gem.
Fell in love with the arcade game in the early 80's as I grew up in a pub and we had new arcade games every couple of months.
So when I saw that the game was getting a sequel on the Neo Geo Pocket, it became a must have for me, even though no one else seemed to give it a second look.

It has some great gameplay ideas. Like you mentioned the overlapping roads as well as the big paint roller that are strategically placed to crush the enemies.
But also the mice that start running around and leave paw prints in the paint that you need to go over again.

sfmn4.png

Genuinely happy about this.

Congrats – Forget-Me-Not was one of my favourite games on Open Pandora. Wonderful title, well suited to Vita, and scratches that Pac-Man CE itch in more ways than one.

Fady K

Long time no see guys! I was late with some updates but the new release have been updated (HELLO Rogue Legacy!) and the coming soon section has been updated too :) Some really cool games coming out in a few days!

COMING SOON!

The Swapper (Genre - Atmospheric puzzle platformer / Original game developed by Facepalm Games, winner of SO MANY awards, ported by the EXCELLENT Curve Studios who ported over countless greats including Stealth Inc, Thomas was Alone and Lone Survivor / Trailer / Release Date - Aug 5 NA, Aug 6 EU)
TheSwapperVita_010.jpg

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds. (Genre - Sidescrolling Beat Em Up / Published by 5pb, Developed by Division2, maker of the original Phantom Breaker on the Xbox 360 / Trailer / Release Date -Aug 5 NA, Aug 6 EU)
PBBGOD-PS4.jpg

Metrico (Genre - Puzzle Platformer / Developed by Digital Dreams, previously developer of Flash-only games like Solar Tycoon and A Tale by Alex / Trailer / Release Date - Aug 5 NA, Aug 6 EU)
Metrico.jpg

Table Top Racing (Genre - Combat Racer / Developed by Playrise Digital, contains members who worked on original Wipeout and Wipeout 2097,XL for the PSone / Trailer / Release Date - Aug 5 NA, Aug 6 EU)
TTR_02(1).jpg

Plus, here are some new games added to the list:

Kura
kura10.jpg

Super Forget-Me-Not (Title TBC)
sfmn4.png
+ Vine video here http://vine.co/v/MiPUr0KB13z

Alien Shooter (iOS screenshot)
alien_shooter.jpg

Run Like Hell (iOS screenshot)
run-like-hell-09-700x393.jpg

Lastly, another release date announced - Gravity Crash Ultra - Aug 12/13.

Great thread!

So cool to see both our games (Futuridium EP Deluxe and forma.8) in the huge list here on NeoGAF, and so happy for all the love Vita is getting from devs all over the world.

I really enjoy working on it, the hardware just feels 'right'.
It's such an underrated machine...

So awesome to have you stop by! I am personally really looking forward to Futuridium EP Deluxe :)! Good luck :D I very much agree with the hardware feeling just right and being underrated!

"VITA has no games"... pff

Seriously ;D Hope this thread can show otherwise!

I wish we could hit 200 native Vita games, not counting PSM and PSP games.

We're really close ;) I barely included PSP games and none of the games on the list are PSM games as far as I know.

Ahhhh! Still no release date though. Exciting it's definitely coming though.

I know. Apparently Vita games' release dates tend to pop up out of nowhere nowadays :p

Saw a dev post about their Vita game, Kura, on the Vita subreddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ALKtLA2Kg

kura10.jpg

Thanks for sharing this NinjamicWZ, added to the OP :)

sfmn4.png

Hello there nyarla! Great news, good luck with your game! Thanks for updating us on the new Avoid Droid name, updated on the list now. I'll be adding your game to the list then with the title Super Forget-Me-Not (Title TBC).

By the way, REALLY liking the look of your game, loving the Pac-Man feel to it!! SO humbled by your kind words and I'm very happy this thread played a small part in giving you more inspiration. Trust me, so many of us Vita games are very happy with our systems and are willing to pick up plenty of cool looking titles like yours! Any time you have an update please feel free to share it with us and we'll keep the thread updated for all gamers to see. God bless you and all the best with your upcoming game :)

Any news yet on whether Minecraft has been delayed to September like I thought?

I'm guessing September too but that has yet to be confirmed by 4J.

Apparently Alien Shooter and Run Like Hell are coming to Vita
http://www.psnstores.com/2014/07/alien-shooter-and-run-like-hell-head-to-vita/

Awesome catch 2+2+5, you rock yet again. Adding them up ^^

hmm if only there's a Chrono Trigger Remastered Vita

Oh how that would be lovely. It is unfortunate as IMO Square-Enix are almost a hopeless case on the Vita.

Are all those games really coming out next week? And here I thought I'd have a relatively cheap August! That said I can't wait for the Swapper, I'll be getting that game either way.

Sooo glad I didn't sell my Vita when things were slow and we were trying to save money. It has basically become my Steam Indie Handheld device as well as revisiting some great PSX classic, oh and free PS+ games still.

This line up is crazy good. So many games I am going to be buying. Drats, this means a 64GB card is probably in my future.

Fady K

I've been playing Corpse Party: Book of Shadows on my Vita. Really hope XSEED localizes Blood Drive :D

Are all those games really coming out next week? And here I thought I'd have a relatively cheap August! That said I can't wait for the Swapper, I'll be getting that game either way.

They sure are man, all confirmed for the upcoming week :) Vita games always tend to pop up out of nowhere ;)

Sooo glad I didn't sell my Vita when things were slow and we were trying to save money. It has basically become my Steam Indie Handheld device as well as revisiting some great PSX classic, oh and free PS+ games still.

This line up is crazy good. So many games I am going to be buying. Drats, this means a 64GB card is probably in my future.

Agreed man, the system is a haven for portable gamers. So much content out and coming up.

Fady K

Another Vita game announced fellas, courtesy of Wired Productions and Glowforth.

Last Inua (availabe on ios & steam, coming to PS4 and PS3 as well AFAIK)
Last-Inua-619x346.jpg

Billen

Banned

I double dipped after having played it a lot on the pc. Can't say the decision came easy, but man I am glad that I did it. I loved it on the pc, and it is ten thousand (I counted) times better on the Vita.

Nice work keeping up with the thread. I am still looking forward to many games on the list and hope some of the Japanese only games find their way over here.

Fady K

World End Economica is PSM until otherwise stated, as the developer has mentioned after the Kickstarter ended.

Thanks for the notification, Shizuka. Had no clue about that previously.

Nice work keeping up with the thread. I am still looking forward to many games on the list and hope some of the Japanese only games find their way over here.

Thank you Ramzastrife :) Likewise! If any Japanese game gets announced for localization I will make sure to make it very clear on this thread :)

Looking forward to Broforce, Hotline Miami 2 and Danganronpa 2. They can't come soon enough.

Good selection of games hohoXD123. I look forward to playing the first parts of Hotline Miami and Danganronpa myself.

BigDug13

I almost missed my train stop this morning playing it. Definitely has that 'one more go' appeal, perfect for portables.

Plus the suspend/resume feature that the PS4 still doesn't have really makes the Vita the best platform for certain titles that have no differences in performance. Like Rogue Legacy.

Ahzrei

Banned
Alright. I did it. I bought a Vita.

Persona 4 Golden and Spelunky also purchased.

I'm in love. I don't know why I ever doubted you, VitaGAF.

Fady K

Congrats man, GREAT choices. If you need any recommendations of released games, let us know :)

Ahzrei

Banned
Congrats man, GREAT choices. If you need any recommendations of released games, let us know :)

I would love some.

:) I'm a big fan of RPG's. (Persona 4 is scratching an itch in a major way.)
I'm always up for more RPG's. Bonus points if there's romance.
Dark souls is my favorite game of all time if that's at all helpful.

I'm up for trying anything of quality though!

Fady K

I would love some.

:) I'm a big fan of RPG's. (Persona 4 is scratching an itch in a major way.)
I'm always up for more RPG's. Bonus points if there's romance.
Dark souls is my favorite game of all time if that's at all helpful.

I'm up for trying anything of quality though!

Alright then in that case I'll start by keeping it simple for you for now and giving you RPG recommendations on the system.

A recent must-buy game that has RPG elements is Rogue Legacy :)

Some of the Atelier games are out in English, they are basically upgraded versions of the original PS3 games. They are light hearted but great from what I heard.

Demon Gaze is a bit popular among the Vita gamers here but I suggest you watch some videos first.

If you missed Final Fantasy X, the HD remaster is a great game to experience on the Vita.

If you don't mind something a bit similar to Monster Hunter, then the action RPG Ragnarok Odyssey Ace will be great for you. Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden are also excellent examples.

Also, Ys: Memories of Celceta is a beautiful looking RPG to get :)

Ahzrei

Banned
Only ones I've played off that list are FFX, and Rogue Legacy.

Thanks! I've never actually played any Monster Hunter. Is Ragnarok Odyssey Ace a good into to that style of game?

galvenize

If you don't mind something a bit similar to Monster Hunter, then the action RPG Ragnarok Odyssey Ace will be great for you. Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden are also excellent examples.

I'll put more emphasis on Toukiden. I bought Ace recently and while it's entertaining (altough repetitive), I feel Toukiden is a much better game and I've only played the demo.

Thanks! I've never actually played any Monster Hunter. Is Ragnarok Odyssey Ace a good into to that style of game?

Demos are out there for you to try so I recommend you do just that!

Fady K

Only ones I've played off that list are FFX, and Rogue Legacy.

You're most welcome Ahzrei! As galvenize said below, Toukiden (and I would add Soul Sacrifice) are both better options. All three games have a demo though, so go ahead and try them out :)

I'll put more emphasis on Toukiden. I bought Ace recently and while it's entertaining (altough repetitive), I feel Toukiden is a much better game and I've only played the demo.

Good point. I feel that Soul Sacrifice is a better option than Ragnarok Odyssey Ace as well.

It's okay man, welcome to the club!

M9yI9Hp.gif

Awesome gif!

Ahzrei

Banned
Such a warm welcome.

Looks like Toukiden is getting a new release later this month. Is it worth just waiting for that version to come out? Or is that more like a sequel?

I'll definitely check out the demos either way.

Olli128

Damn I was intending to buy a 2ds and catch up on some awesome games I've missed but with all these game announcements I'm going to be too busy to justify it haha. Have to wait till Xmas for Pokémon.

RalchAC

Demos are out there for you to try so I recommend you do just that!

Topsides is awesome. It's quite similar to monster hunter but it had its own stuff and lacks everything I hated about MH. I really like the mitama system and I'll give a chance to MH again once I get a 3ds due to it.

Good point. I feel that Soul Sacrifice is a better option than Ragnarok Odyssey Ace as well.

Awesome gif!

I haven't played the original and it was really good. I really liked the story too even if it was told as and audio book or something like that. Delta seems to improve everything gameplay wise.

Holy shit, what a way to start a Vita ownership. Congrats on both the Vita and your choices, great taste there!
Would you allow me to recommend Soul Sacrifice Delta (and specifically Delta, it's a much much better game than vanilla) to complete the trifecta of my favorite Vita games?
(I would also recommend Dragon's Crown but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea).

Ahzrei

Banned
Holy shit, what a way to start a Vita ownership. Congrats on both the Vita and your choices, great taste there!
Would you allow me to recommend Soul Sacrifice Delta (and specifically Delta, it's a much much better game than vanilla) to complete the trifecta of my favorite Vita games?
(I would also recommend Dragon's Crown but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea).

You may recommend anything you want- I'm making a list. <3

Top Bottom