• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

Fady K

Such a warm welcome.

Looks like Toukiden is getting a new release later this month. Is it worth just waiting for that version to come out? Or is that more like a sequel?

I'll definitely check out the demos either way.

I believe Toukiden Kimawi is the sequel and since it is not yet announced for English speaking audiences I'd say go for the original Toukiden if you loved the demo ;)

Welcome aboard :)

Damn I was intending to buy a 2ds and catch up on some awesome games I've missed but with all these game announcements I'm going to be too busy to justify it haha. Have to wait till Xmas for Pokémon.

The thing is the Vita has games coming out week in week out, check the OP every tuesday/wednesday for new releases and upcoming games (games coming out in a few weeks :))

I haven't played the original and it was really good. I really liked the story too even if it was told as and audio book or something like that. Delta seems to improve everything gameplay wise.

Yes I believe Delta is the superior version of the game to get :) Though it is digital-only.

Abdiel

You may recommend anything you want- I'm making a list. <3

Are you in the US? If so, get PS+, because before the rollover on Tuesday, you can still get Muramasa Rebirth, and then on Tuesday, you can get Dragon's Crown, and thus get both of Vanillaware's excellent games on Vita. I bought them both retail, and I'm totally okay with them becoming free through +, because now I don't even have to change cartridges to play them. Can't suggest + enough.

Shinriji

Two more otomate/ Idea Factory games announced

- Clock Zero (expanded port of the PS2 game)
- Shinobi Koi Utsutsu (expanded port of the PSP game)

Keep up the good work!

Ahzrei

Banned
Are you in the US? If so, get PS+, because before the rollover on Tuesday, you can still get Muramasa Rebirth, and then on Tuesday, you can get Dragon's Crown, and thus get both of Vanillaware's excellent games on Vita. I bought them both retail, and I'm totally okay with them becoming free through +, because now I don't even have to change cartridges to play them. Can't suggest + enough.

Oh nice. I watched EpicNameBro play some of Muramasa. Game looks incredible. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Do I get to keep the games even if I cancel PS+?

Fady K

Keep up the good work!

Oh great! Thanks Shinriji :) Any pics (not from magazine scans) available for either (or both) of these games?

You can't access the downloaded games if you don't have a active PS+ membership.

That said, you don't lose the games you've collected from previous subscriptions, in the sense that cancelling your sub, then resubbing at a later date, will allow you to play all of the games you've unlocked with your previous sub.

In any case, for most PS+ users that's academic; it's funny how all of that mattered to me unitl I actually subscribed. Now I simply can't imagine unsubbing. It's such a ridiculously good value, month after month.

In any case, for most PS+ users that's academic; it's funny how all of that mattered to me unitl I actually subscribed. Now I simply can't imagine unsubbing. It's such a ridiculously good value, month after month.
Yup, it's insane. I got two of the games I was most interested in for Vita from PS+. I paid £12 for three months and got to play Muramasa and Dragon's Crown. I will most definitely resub, because the August games look interesting.

And that's not even mentioning the PS3 games I got from it.

They sure are man, all confirmed for the upcoming week :) Vita games always tend to pop up out of nowhere

Now I just need to find the time to play all of them! Well that, and I need to actually put down rogue legacy long enough to do anyone else. It's one of the best games I've played all year and it's perfectly suited to the vita. I've only got the last boss to kill for my first playThrough then I'll start getting the other trophies I'm short. Manages to play 20 hours on the game in 2 days, I can't think of the last game that gripped me that hard.

Fady K

New Vita game announced folks, the prequel trilogy of the very good Chaos Rings series from Square-Enix and Media Vision (developers of the Wild Arms series).

chaosrings3_pq_01.jpg

I'm still seeing marked-up third party resellers...

No one should be paying $253 for a Vita.

Any ideas why Vitas are so hard to find at the moment?

No pictures for now, just a small blurb on the usual flying get blogs.

No worries, thanks for the quick answer :)

I'll post up these pics for now.

Clock Zero
clock_zero_pt_03_thumb.jpg

Shinobi Koi Utsutsu
GAME-0010158_06.jpg

Isn't The Chainsaw Incident a cancelled game? Their kickstarter page seems to imply that.

Really? I tried accessing their site but it doesn't load up for me. Any confirmations?

Now I just need to find the time to play all of them! Well that, and I need to actually put down rogue legacy long enough to do anyone else. It's one of the best games I've played all year and it's perfectly suited to the vita. I've only got the last boss to kill for my first playThrough then I'll start getting the other trophies I'm short. Manages to play 20 hours on the game in 2 days, I can't think of the last game that gripped me that hard.

That good huh? If it wasn't for the backlog I am currently going through on my Vita I would have picked it up already! It looks great and it's on my buy list for sure :)

They cancelled the Kickstarter campaign but are planning a relaunch.

Do you know if the Vita version is still being planned? I noticed the PS4 and PC version being mentioned only.

Fady K

For those interested another otome game has been announced: I Doll U
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/04/inu-x-boku-ss-artist-working-vita-otome-game-doll-u/

Cool that the Otome and Visual Novel genres are getting some support on the system. I personally hope more publishers take a chance with localizing VN games.

An example I keep thinking of, Nippon Ichi's Hayarigami series. I so wish they would localize it >_< I'm a sucker for horror visual novels, especially Japanese ones.

That looks really cool. I love RPG, I hope it's localized but I'll keep my expectation tempered.

Since the iOS and Android versions are out in English there is a decent chance the Vita version will be out in English too, at least in digital form.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Cool that the Otome and Visual Novel genres are getting some support on the system. I personally hope more publishers take a chance with localizing VN games.

An example I keep thinking of, Nippon Ichi's Hayarigami series. I so wish they would localize it >_< I'm a sucker for horror visual novels, especially Japanese ones.

Since the iOS and Android versions are out in English there is a decent chance the Vita version will be out in English too, at least in digital form.

I'm still waiting for this :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY-LNH4XZV4

Where is Duke Nukem? I hope this game will make it on Vita. The game is in certification for ages...
What's up with that?! :(

Devolver Digital also has zero information on this game on their website :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The real question is where is VVVVV for Vita?

friz898

New Vita game announced folks, the prequel trilogy of the very good Chaos Rings series from Square-Enix and Media Vision (developers of the Wild Arms series).

chaosrings3_pq_01.jpg

Any ideas why Vitas are so hard to find at the moment?

No worries, thanks for the quick answer :)

I'll post up these pics for now.

Clock Zero
clock_zero_pt_03_thumb.jpg

Shinobi Koi Utsutsu
GAME-0010158_06.jpg

Really? I tried accessing their site but it doesn't load up for me. Any confirmations?

That good huh? If it wasn't for the backlog I am currently going through on my Vita I would have picked it up already! It looks great and it's on my buy list for sure :)

Do you know if the Vita version is still being planned? I noticed the PS4 and PC version being mentioned only.

Fady,

I just woke up and haven't searched the rest of Gaf, but is the SE trilogy that everybody was trying to guess a few days ago?

Also, not to be negative, but wasn't Chaos Rings simply so-so on mobile? (I already have a Vita, so not on the fence or anything here.)

Fady K

Let me know the answer!

Tweeted them already. Here's hoping :p

Where is Duke Nukem? I hope this game will make it on Vita. The game is in certification for ages...
What's up with that?! :(

Devolver Digital also has zero information on this game on their website :(

The last official update came in May, so there is still a possibility ;)

The real question is where is VVVVV for Vita?

Last I've heard the developer wants to release it sometime in 2014, here's hoping we get an update soon!

I went from being completely uninterested in the Vita to browsing Amazon for a white/blue Japanese import. Great thread.

Congrats on your new Vita Sparrowhak. Let us know if you want recommendations on released titles that you may have missed out on :)

Alien Shooter for Vita? Oh boy, just started replaying it yesterday. Take a look at it, guys, what a great game.

It does look pretty cool indeed!

Fady,

I just woke up and haven't searched the rest of Gaf, but is the SE trilogy that everybody was trying to guess a few days ago?

Also, not to be negative, but wasn't Chaos Rings simply so-so on mobile? (I already have a Vita, so not on the fence or anything here.)

I believe it is friz898; I got used to Square-Enix letting us down with their teases for years now, so I wasn't expecting anything good, but this wasn't too bad. I was saying earlier how, FFX + X-2 HD aside, they barely gave any support to the Vita since forever, so this is better than nothing I guess.

I haven't played any CR games yet, but the first part reviewed extremely well I believe, scoring the likes of a 9.5 from Destructoid, 9 from Gamespot and IGN, and even an 8 from Edge.

The second game reviewed very well too, though not as good as the first. And then we have Omega, on the other hand, reviewed decently at best. A few 7s and a lowly 5.5 from Destructoid.

chaosrings3_pq_01.jpg

Very nice! Really enjoyed Chaos Rings on my iPhone! This is no doubt a game I will buy!

Here is hope they launch the original trilogy on the Vita! Would buy it in a blink of an eye!

Shinriji

Keep up the good work!

All the Otomate lineup from Otomate Party 2014 was revealed

- Clock Zero ExTime
- Shinobi Koi Utsutsu
- Hyakka Yakkou
- I Doll U
- Kurocho no Psychedelica
- Ken ga Kimi
- Root Rexx
- Hakuoki Shinkai

All games will release in 2015

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The list lacks the remake of James Pond 2 Codename Robocod that will come only for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox One and maybe iOS, while Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Android versions are canned.

- Clock Zero ExTime
- Shinobi Koi Utsutsu
- Hyakka Yakkou
- I Doll U
- Ken ga Kimi
- Root Rexx
- Hakuoki Shinkai

Whoa, that's quite a lot of otome games coming in 2015. Looked some of them up and here are teasers for the games from Idea Factory.

- Clock Zero ExTime
- Shinobi Koi Utsutsu
- Hyakka Yakou
- I Doll U
- Root Rexx

Saphirax

Whoa, that's quite a lot of otome games coming in 2015. Looked some of them up and here are teasers for the games from Idea Factory.

- Clock Zero ExTime
- Shinobi Koi Utsutsu
- Hyakka Yakou
- I Doll U
- Root Rexx

Also, Hakuouki Shinkai is going to be a sort of a remake of the original Vita game. The story is going to be rewritten (although it's unknown how much of it will be changed) and 3 more characters will be added to the game.

Kssio_Aug

There's plenty of games. I'm looking forward to those:

Oddworld: New N Tasty
Axiom Verge
The Wolf Among Us
Helldivers
Mighty No. 9
Galak-Z
Grim Fandango Remastered

Am not sure however if all of them I plan to play on Vita. Some I may get for PS4 if they're not crossbuy.

friz898

Where is the current most complete and accurate list of Vita games to include digital and retail?

But not PSP, any classics, or PS Mobile.

I usually refer to a combination of Wikipedia, Metacritic, and Gamefaqs, but would love a "all-in-one" source.

Some support? The number of VNs outnumber every other genre on the Vita in Japan. Well over 100 titles.

Currently, in terms of unique titles, it's probably less than 100 since there are listings for limited editions, Amazon exclusive bonuses and some irrelevant listings on the last few pages. It'll probably get over 100 pretty quickly though as there are new typically 2-3 releases every month.

Well, they're pretty cheap to make, and Vita is the otaku machine, so they're the perfect fit.

It's a shame that at the same time it's also the kind of genre very unpopular for translations.

Yeah, they're probably cheap to make as first week shipments for most of them are like 3-5k and LTD would probably be low as well.

I wonder how much translations cost to do.

Holy shit, the amount of games... I think I will get back my Vita this week. I sold it for cheap because my cat scratched my old Vita's screen and my OCD can't deal with even the tiniest scratch.

Fady K

New game added, portal-inspired Attractio (THANKS VLIBERTY :))

small_1584857194.jpg

Very nice! Really enjoyed Chaos Rings on my iPhone! This is no doubt a game I will buy!

Here is hope they launch the original trilogy on the Vita! Would buy it in a blink of an eye!

Here's hoping man! Seems like they are releasing Chaos Rings I + II + Omega/III in one package? I'm not so sure yet.

- Clock Zero ExTime
- Shinobi Koi Utsutsu
- Hyakka Yakkou
- I Doll U
- Ken ga Kimi
- Root Rexx
- Hakuoki Shinkai

Wow, that is a lot! I'll update the OP as we get more details and some screens :)

The list lacks the remake of James Pond 2 Codename Robocod that will come only for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox One and maybe iOS, while Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Android versions are canned.

I thought that the game was canceled due to not being fully funded on kickstarter. Is it safe to put it back on the OP?

Yet another Vita game announced: Attractio

Looks cool! Totally missed this, thanks VLiberty :D

Some support? The number of VNs outnumber every other genre on the Vita in Japan. Well over 100 titles.

Oh wow :0!!!!! That is waaaaaaaaaay more than I thought! Here's hoping for some more localizations, many VNs look so interesting on the Vita :D

Holy shit, the amount of games... I think I will get back my Vita this week. I sold it for cheap because my cat scratched my old Vita's screen and my OCD can't deal with even the tiniest scratch.

So many quality games have come out and there are plenty more to come :D Enjoy the thread and stay tuned. The OP will be updated weekly with new releases ^^

Top Bottom