• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

So many quality games have come out and there are plenty more to come :D Enjoy the thread and stay tuned. The OP will be updated weekly with new releases ^^

Thanks! :D I'm definitely subscribing to this and recovering my Vita this week. I think I'll get Y's and FF X while I'm it. I have like 30 games for Vita on my account so I will have to get a 32GB card too :/

Turnstyle

Thanks to the OP for such a great thread. At times, it's hard to be optimistic being a Vita owner, mainly due to the way that Sony seems to regard to the console with total disdain.

Luckily, when I bought it, I wasn't looking for first party games (although that would be nice) but primarily for indies, which seem to come thick and fast.

It's my main platform these days. I don't get much time to game at home because we have baby, but I get a good couple of hours a day on the Vita on my work commute. I've played through Steamworld Dig, Fez, Hotline Miami, Guacamelee, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate, Alien Breed, Uncharted, Thomas Was Alone, Spelunky (well, I beat Olmec anyway...), and loved every second of it.

So seeing this massive list of games reassures me that there will be PLENTY of games to play in the coming months, years even.

Now, hurry up VVVVVV and BoI...

Fady K

New gameplay trailer of the upcoming PINBALL / RPG mash that was picked up by Atlus - Rollers of the Realm.

Excited for Risk of Rain and Hyper Light Drifter.

A questions:

What genre is Aztec from?

Hey there David, I believe Aztez is a fusion of side-scrolling beat em up like Viewtiful Joe and strategy.

Thanks! :D I'm definitely subscribing to this and recovering my Vita this week. I think I'll get Y's and FF X while I'm it. I have like 30 games for Vita on my account so I will have to get a 32GB card too :/

You're most welcome friend :) Ys is a good choice and FFX is a great choice if you haven't played the original on PS2. Great choice too if you just want another excuse to play it. I myself picked up the 32GB card and for the most part it serves me greatly. I do have a lot of retail games though so that definitely helps ^^

Thanks to the OP for such a great thread. At times, it's hard to be optimistic being a Vita owner, mainly due to the way that Sony seems to regard to the console with total disdain.

Luckily, when I bought it, I wasn't looking for first party games (although that would be nice) but primarily for indies, which seem to come thick and fast.

It's my main platform these days. I don't get much time to game at home because we have baby, but I get a good couple of hours a day on the Vita on my work commute. I've played through Steamworld Dig, Fez, Hotline Miami, Guacamelee, Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate, Alien Breed, Uncharted, Thomas Was Alone, Spelunky (well, I beat Olmec anyway...), and loved every second of it.

So seeing this massive list of games reassures me that there will be PLENTY of games to play in the coming months, years even.

Now, hurry up VVVVVV and BoI...

You are most welcome Turnstyle and thank you for your kind words! I myself am disappointed (VERY much so) with how Sony treats the Vita because even in this state where it is not getting enough support it still has plenty to offer and SHOULD be promoted more by Sony. The amount of games coming out are plentiful and served as an inspiration for this thread which, IMO, every Vita owner deserves.

Indies are growing mightily quick on the platform and thankfully, every once in a while we do get a few retail games as well. Though I do wish that would become more frequent!

Congratulations on having a baby and may God bless him and you guys :) Makes the Vita a more viable platform whenever we are going through such busy periods of our lives. Great list of games you beat there! I plan to play plenty of them. I am currently going through an AMAZING horror adventure series (PSP versions on the Vita) called Corpse Party. Disturbing, but just great!

Like I said, the OP will be updated weekly with all the new releases (genre, developer info, trailer too :)) So stay tuned friend and enjoy!

MSMrRound

BuQn7hwCEAAyiiJ.jpg

Seems like my local stores have their hands on Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited. Not sure if I should pounce on it since I already played the original Disgaea 4+still waiting to finish off Disgaea 3 on Vita.

Fady K

Seems like my local stores have their hands on Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited. Not sure if I should pounce on it since I already played the original Disgaea 4+still waiting to finish off Disgaea 3 on Vita.

God bless NISA, I know they have their faults at times but they tend to provide plenty of cool games every year, and their Vita content is awesome IMO.

ecurbj

Subscribed :)

I just picked up a new Vita a few days ago. And love it. I only got two games for it so far but I'm sure I'll dive a little deeper into the software and the Playstation Plus goodness in a few weeks to come.

This is a cool thread. I was looking for something like this!

Another week, another lack of a release date for any of Minecraft, Hotline Miami 2, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Never mind the Bioshock port, THIS is a reason for my Vita to have a sad face :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Like I said, the OP will be updated weekly with all the new releases (genre, developer info, trailer too :)) So stay tuned friend and enjoy!

Heh.

I *think* by continuing to update you'll risk of making this thread closed, since I *think* it will conflict with the Playstation Network thread (the reason why the Vita thread was forcefully changed into PSN Network thread).

Well, hopefully I am wrong. You should probably consult a mod first though; I'd hate it if you continuously update this thread only for them to close it later on.

Fady K

A few Vita updates guys:

Xblade (the visual novel from Aksys games) is getting a sequel on the Vita (also on the PS3) titled Xblade: Lost Memories.

Velocity 2X now has a release date and it is rather SOON :) September 2nd! Here is a new trailer.

Subscribed :)

I just picked up a new Vita a few days ago. And love it. I only got two games for it so far but I'm sure I'll dive a little deeper into the software and the Playstation Plus goodness in a few weeks to come.

This is a cool thread. I was looking for something like this!

Awesome, welcome and congrats! PS+ is a huge recommendation for all PS platform owners IMO. Enjoy the thread :)

Heh.

I *think* by continuing to update you'll risk of making this thread closed, since I *think* it will conflict with the Playstation Network thread (the reason why the Vita thread was forcefully changed into PSN Network thread).

Well, hopefully I am wrong. You should probably consult a mod first though; I'd hate it if you continuously update this thread only for them to close it later on.

Hmm...you raise some good points. My idea with this thread is more about the focus on the upcoming games and updating their status as they release rather than just the weekly updates. Do you think that is enough to differentiate them?

Fady K

Updates to new releases and what is coming VERY soon :D Plenty to look forward to.

PS+ Users in NA - FOUR free Vita games for you. Proteus, FEZ and the newly released Metrico. Plus the epic Dragon's Crown.

NEW ATTRACTIONS

The Swapper (Atmospheric puzzle platformer / Dev. by Facepalm Games, ported by Curve Studios who ported over greats like Stealth Inc, Thomas was Alone and Lone Survivor / Trailer)
TheSwapperVita_010.jpg

Metrico (Puzzle Platformer / Dev. by Digital Dreams, previously developer of Flash games like Solar Tycoon & A Tale by Alex / Trailer)
Metrico.jpg

Table Top Racing (Combat Racer / Dev. by Playrise Digital, ex-members of Wipeout and Wipeout 2097,XL team for the PSone / Trailer)
TTR_02(1).jpg

Moto GP 13 (Motorbike racing / Dev. by Milestone S.R.L, maker of many WRC FIA games / Trailer
motogp-14-aangekondigd-voor-playstation-4-54798.jpg

COMING SOON!

Akiba's Trip Undead & Undressed
xseed_games_62622.jpg

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
disgaea-4.jpg

Hohokum
Hohokum-3.jpg

Gravity Crash Ultra
gravity-crash-ultra.png

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds. (Sidescrolling Beat Em Up / Pub. by 5pb, Dev. by Division2, maker of Phantom Breaker on Xbox 360 / Trailer / Aug 12 NA, Out now in EU)
PBBGOD-PS4.jpg

redcrayon

I sat opposite a bloke using a Vita this morning, and we struck up a brief conversation as I plugged my headphones into my own machine. He was on the last stages of Guacamelee, and I'm close to the end of Ragnarok Odyssey. It's funny that he's in exactly the same position I am- mid thirties, young family at home, and the commute is his main gaming time. Seems to be a popular demographic for the Vita, at least here in the UK.

Fady K

Some more good news guys, La Mulana is coming out in English for sure thanks to RISING STAR GAMES :D

Also, I forgot to add earlier that Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 is coming to the Vita as well (Japan only so far).

I sat opposite a bloke using a Vita this morning, and we struck up a brief conversation as I plugged my headphones into my own machine. He was on the last stages of Guacamelee, and I'm close to the end of Ragnarok Odyssey. It's funny that he's in exactly the same position I am- mid thirties, young family at home, and the commute is his main gaming time. Seems to be a popular demographic for the Vita, at least here in the UK.

I love how the Vita feels like a console in your pocket. Though it is bigger than your average handheld, but still :D

ecurbj

Awesome, welcome and congrats! PS+ is a huge recommendation for all PS platform owners IMO. Enjoy the thread :)
:) Thanks! I got the 2000 model. I had a choice between the two. I decided this model was better. I like the feel, the look of it.

The games I own so far are:

Borderlands 2
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

I'm looking for Persona 4: Golden! I haven't played that one yet. I hear it's one of the best, sought after JRPG! Is this correct?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hmm...you raise some good points. My idea with this thread is more about the focus on the upcoming games and updating their status as they release rather than just the weekly updates. Do you think that is enough to differentiate them?

I mean, I really like this thread--kudos to you!--but there have been cases before IIRC where threads like this got closed because it is considered as a "megathread" or something like that.

Like I said, you should probably consult a mod, but I dunno... maybe you don't have to. Up to you.

Fady K

:) Thanks! I got the 2000 model. I had a choice between the two. I decided this model was better. I like the feel, the look of it.

The games I own so far are:

Borderlands 2
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

I'm looking for Persona 4: Golden! I haven't played that one yet. I hear it's one of the best, sought after JRPG! Is this correct?

Yo're most welcome ecurbj :) you picked the better model IMO - better screen!! Persona 4 is considered one of the very best JRPGs ever from what I know - a must for the system apparently.

You can also pick up Persona 3 through the PS Store (for PSP, playable on the Vita). It is on sale in the US store for only 5 dollars!

Fady K

I mean, I really like this thread--kudos to you!--but there have been cases before IIRC where threads like this got closed because it is considered as a "megathread" or something like that.

Like I said, you should probably consult a mod, but I dunno... maybe you don't have to. Up to you.

Good point Laughing Banana - and thanks by the way, I appreciate the feedback! I'll be consulting with a mod thanks to your advice.

That good huh? If it wasn't for the backlog I am currently going through on my Vita I would have picked it up already! It looks great and it's on my buy list for sure :)

Its my game of the year now. I had 4 days off and spent the entire time playing the game, and I never usually do that any more! I've cleared the game three times now in a row, the two game + play throughs getting progressively harder (the last playthrough was insane, even though I was highly leveled).
I've now turned my attention to finishing the last trophy I'm short for the plat which is clearing the game in 15 lives or less. That's hard, I'm on the penultimate boss but he's kicking my ass (I'd rather be leveled higher). An excellent game that is well worth your time.

I've got Metrico and The Swapper downloading currently, can't wait to try both of them when I get a chance. Hows Table Top Racing? That looks great as well and the price is better than I expected.

This thread and other GAF hype finally got me to buy a Vita 2000 as I sold my 1000 after finishing Celceta, the device is amazing and I'm enjoying it so much.

Here's the first screenshot I took with the games I installed: (I should play Gravity Rush as everyone seems to love it)
9e5f8b1fa9.jpg

I'm excited about Danganronpa 2, Senran Kagura, and Brandish mostly btw.

Ahzrei

Banned
Persona 4 golden is the best game I've played in a long time. I clocked about 25 hours in during my 3-day weekend. @_@ I love this thing.

I played a bit of the Toukiden demo. Gameplay feels pretty good, but the mmo-like quest structure feels a little boring. Does it open up at all later on?

galvenize

Persona 4 golden is the best game I've played in a long time. I clocked about 25 hours in during my 3-day weekend. @_@ I love this thing.

I played a bit of the Toukiden demo. Gameplay feels pretty good, but the mmo-like quest structure feels a little boring. Does it open up at all later on?

I'm not a MH fan but I keep playing the Toukiden demo whenever I have time. Upgrading my stuff until I hit the demo ceiling. Quests look basic but there's something that keeps pulling me back in this game... I don't feel ready paying 40 bucks for it yet. Can't shake that uneasy feeling that I will drop the game midway.

Shizuka

This thread and other GAF hype finally got me to buy a Vita 2000 as I sold my 1000 after finishing Celceta, the device is amazing and I'm enjoying it so much.

Here's the first screenshot I took with the games I installed: (I should play Gravity Rush as everyone seems to love it)
9e5f8b1fa9.jpg

Great taste.

Steel

Banned
Two questions:

Are the other Persona games as good as 4 (golden)? And are they playable on Vita/PS3/PS4?
1 and 2 are more like mainline SMT games if you've played any, they don't have the time mechanic. 2's got a pretty decent story, but the remake for psp breaks the difficulty(waaay too easy) and ups the random encounter rate to painful levels. 3 is great, better than 4 imo. P3P adds some stuff, takes away the cutscenes and expansion part that are in 3 FES, but has better gameplay(4's gameplay, 3 FES has a stupid system where you only directly control the main character, P3P allows you to control everyone simultaneously). There's no definitive choice between P3P and FES.

To your latter question, every persona game is playable on Vita, through PSP remakes or PS1 classics for P2:EP

Fady K

Its my game of the year now. I had 4 days off and spent the entire time playing the game, and I never usually do that any more! I've cleared the game three times now in a row, the two game + play throughs getting progressively harder (the last playthrough was insane, even though I was highly leveled).
I've now turned my attention to finishing the last trophy I'm short for the plat which is clearing the game in 15 lives or less. That's hard, I'm on the penultimate boss but he's kicking my ass (I'd rather be leveled higher). An excellent game that is well worth your time.

I've got Metrico and The Swapper downloading currently, can't wait to try both of them when I get a chance. Hows Table Top Racing? That looks great as well and the price is better than I expected.

Wow, GOTY huh?? People have been praising it like there's no tomorrow :D Sounds great! It always looked charming to me since its Steam release. So awesome how we can play it on the go now!

Metrico looks pretty decent and different, the Swapper in particular looks GREAT. Can't wait to play that one! Table Top Racing seems pretty awesome. Here is a very good review by the sixth axis on the game. Scored an 8/10.

oh god i want Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited more than ever!

aug 12th cannot come fast enough!

2 more days to go :D Insane how MUCH content NIS puts into these games.

9e5f8b1fa9.jpg

Congrats on your Vita 2000 man :)

I just want to say WELL DONE for picking up the amazing Corpse Party. Do yourself a favor after beating it and pick up Corpse Party: Book of Shadows! I'm playing through it now and having a blast. Note that it is much more of visual novel than the first game though! Still amazing however!

Good games you listed as well. Danganronpa looks like a great series to play, i'm also interested in giving Senran Kagura series a shot ^^

Wow, I had a HUGE feeling you'd love it :D I'll be going through Persona 3 first. Can't wait to play both!! Not so sure about Toukiden myself as I have not played beyond the demo which I really liked.

Is there a date yet? I've been wanting that game since i played it at PAX last year.

Galak-Z should be coming out sometime during the fall :)

Two questions:

Are the other Persona games as good as 4 (golden)? And are they playable on Vita/PS3/PS4?

I know that the first two are vastly different and much more difficult. There is an incredible sale at the moment with each game selling for $4.99 and at the very least I encourage you to go for Persona 3 Portable, more than worth the money.

Sounds so awesome huh David :D?

via http://thevitalounge.net/the-muppets-movie-adventure-coming-exclusively-to-vita/

I'm buying this game if it gets that physical release and I'm going to like it. Deal with it.

I'm not into the muppets but the game looks pretty cool! Will add to the list, thanks Ninjamic ^^

wilflare

honestly, the muppets game actually looks pretty good.
hope it plays well :)

---
Sony needs to give us a Minecraft Bundle
Dear God, please bless those executives with some sense and wisdom

I spent the last few hours putzing around with my wallpaper and bubble placement to get everything ready for the coming weeks.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pumped. :D

Ahzrei

Banned
Wow, I had a HUGE feeling you'd love it :D I'll be going through Persona 3 first. Can't wait to play both!! Not so sure about Toukiden myself as I have not played beyond the demo which I really liked.

Yeah, I can't even remember the last time I sucked into a game so hard. I actually find myself liking the calendar days/ outside dungeons stuff more than the fighting. (Though that stuff is pretty good too.)

I'll definitely pick up Persona 3 Portable at that price.

Should I remove the following games to my awaited upcoming list?
Kantai collection game
Chronos materia

Since I haven't heard a thing about them for a few months now.

Nice thread to keep up with all the Vita releases, I won't buy any new games for now since I'm stuck with SAO but this will be a handy for the usual "sale everything!" months.

Danneee

I guess the Gundam Musou game for Vita isn't getting localized, would an up orated copy be hard to play for someone who can't read Japanese? Mission descriptions, stats and so on?

Fady K

Some more Vita news in the past few days for those who missed it:

*A new Vita game has been announced (for PS3/4 as well): Unmechanical: Extended Edition is a unique puzzle adventure game from the developers of Atomic Ninja and Jet Car Stunts. Here is a preview with a trailer inside as well. Looks like a late 2014 release.

14844009564_eb901398b2_z.jpg

*Frozen Synapse Tactics is now known as Frozen Synapse Prime and it is coming this fall.

14843368952_eba45af518_b.jpg

*Arcana Heart 3: Love Max is coming out on the 23rd of September in multiple regions, Aksys announced.

2-noscale.jpg

*Due to a lot of encouragement by Vita fans on twitter, Phoenix Force is now coming out on the Vita :)

wp_ss_20131117_0005.png

*A new Vita game for Japan has been announced, Nisekoi Marriage (November release date).

Nisekoi-994x469.png

*Inner City Kids is coming along nicely. Here is new preview from the dev Jamo Games. Coming Spring 2015.
14857396943_d7fd8a778b_z.jpg

*Soul Sacrifice Delta owners - the game has received a nice update. Details here.

MrHoot

The table top racing thing looked very cool to me but after seeing the video...it seems like it has a huuuuuuuuge cash-shop and pay-to-win scheme behind it (pay money to get a better car ? hmpf...). Kind of a shame because I absolutely loved the old micromachine games on my Megadrive !

Also great about Unmechanical :) I'm working with the composer for that game right now on another project, it's gonna be fun having one of his older contributions on my vita !

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Some more Vita news in the past few days for those who missed it:

*A new Vita game has been announced (for PS3/4 as well): Unmechanical: Extended Edition is a unique puzzle adventure game from the developers of Atomic Ninja and Jet Car Stunts. Here is a preview with a trailer inside as well. Looks like a late 2014 release.

14844009564_eb901398b2_z.jpg

*Due to a lot of encouragement by Vita fans on twitter, Phoenix Force is now coming out on the Vita :)

wp_ss_20131117_0005.png

*Inner City Kids is coming along nicely. Here is new preview from the dev Jamo Games. Coming Spring 2015.
14857396943_d7fd8a778b_z.jpg
I missed these news, thanks!

Fady K

honestly, the muppets game actually looks pretty good.
hope it plays well :)

---
Sony needs to give us a Minecraft Bundle
Dear God, please bless those executives with some sense and wisdom

Agreed. It would be worth a shot!

I spent the last few hours putzing around with my wallpaper and bubble placement to get everything ready for the coming weeks.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pumped. :D

Much to play and look forward to :D

Yeah, I can't even remember the last time I sucked into a game so hard. I actually find myself liking the calendar days/ outside dungeons stuff more than the fighting. (Though that stuff is pretty good too.)

I'll definitely pick up Persona 3 Portable at that price.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it this much!! Yes, art $5 many would agree that Persona 3 Portable is a steal :D It is not a good looking as 4 though as it was a PSP game ;)

Should I remove the following games to my awaited upcoming list?
Kantai collection game
Chronos materia

Since I haven't heard a thing about them for a few months now.

Nice thread to keep up with all the Vita releases, I won't buy any new games for now since I'm stuck with SAO but this will be a handy for the usual "sale everything!" months.

Worry not cardinalmind, a July update points to a fall release for Kantai collection. More info here.

Not sure what is up with Chronos Materia though.

Top Bottom