• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Fady K

Thanks Fady! Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot bro :)!! Working on the next update already. Finally, an update that comes less than a week later for a change :D

Fady, you're a champ. :)

Thank you so much Hours Left :) I hope you enjoy the next update!!

You're welcome, although it's nothing compared to your heroic efforts in this thread - you're a one-person Vita PR team... doing a better job of it than whoever Sony currently have doing the actual job!

As I tend to say ThePeoplesBureau, I am very humbled by the feedback and it only makes me happier to keep providing updates for you guys :) I hope you keep on enjoying and finding plenty of value in the thread along with discovering more great games and having more discussions about them. Stay tuned for the next update!

Great work as always Fady!

Has anyone played Damascus Gear yet, I'd love to hear some impressions.

Thank you so much redcrayon :D

As for Damascus Gear, it seems like a short and fun distraction at best. Likely a decent option for you if don't mind an unspectacular short RPG featuring Mechs at the forefront.

Here's a decent review with more info!

Is there a thread that lists notable Vita games released thus far? I bought one of these used to take advantage of my free PS+ games, Duke Nukem 3D and remote play and would like to see more of the library than the obvious Persona 4, Uncharted, etc. without having to look particularly hard for them.

While it is far from comprehensive, check out the previously released games list on the main page - contains nearly a 100 previously released games from last year!

Phenomenal work as always Fady, more games to add to my Buyers List.

Thank you so much That1BlackGuy, i'm honored! I'll be working on the next update tomorrow-ish :D

Underrated indeed. Didn't even notice it tbh. Saw something on the Ps blog and thought, why not? I like SHMUPS and man did I like it ^^

And as always, Great work Fady ^^

Yes it was an easy one to miss, like plenty of Vita games! That's one of the goals of this thread, to give more recognition to such gems!

Thank you so much for your kind comments btw :)!!

Wow, there's some great looking stuff in Fady's post.
Thanks for the update man!

You are most welcome Dragon!! Enjoy the thread and stay tuned for another update real soon :)

Unfortunately, those dates for Axiom Verge and Bastion are only for the PS4 editions. The Vita versions are at unknown later dates, it seems.

I just really hope the later Vita release of Revelations 2 is because it's also getting the port of Revelations 1.

My bad mate! They were PS4 release dates indeed. I'll make sure to update the thread when I hear of release dates for both of them.

Reposting from the PSN thread since this is the de facto Vita thread:

Ugh. I'm on my second attempt to restore my backed up Vita memory from an old 32 GB card to a new 64 GB one via PS3. It gets hung up about 10% of the way in. Should I just leave it overnight and see if it resolves itself?

This is so goddamn annoying. I guess I'll just have to put my game saves in the cloud and DL every fucking game individually. It's going to take days.

Faustek

Reposting from the PSN thread since this is the de facto Vita thread:

Ugh. I'm on my second attempt to restore my backed up Vita memory from an old 32 GB card to a new 64 GB one via PS3. It gets hung up about 10% of the way in. Should I just leave it overnight and see if it resolves itself?

This is so goddamn annoying. I guess I'll just have to put my game saves in the cloud and DL every fucking game individually. It's going to take days.

hmm, have a computer at hand? I just did it there. Didn't touch the PS3 as it takes so long.

hmm, have a computer at hand? I just did it there. Didn't touch the PS3 as it takes so long.
I actually tried my MacBook Pro first, but it gave me a "computer disconnected" error part of the way through. However, that time I didn't see the full backup/restore option. So I backed up the types of content separately. I think I'm going to try the laptop again with the one-step backup/restore next.

I cancelled the frozen PS3 restore and checked my old card, including a few recently played games. Everything seems to be in order. So I'll just try again from scratch.

So it seems like MotoGP 15 might also be coming to Vita in June alongside the other systems? Milestone have never mentioned a Vita version this time around, but multiple retailers are starting to list it.

https://www.mightyape.com.au/product/Moto-GP-15/23009255
https://www.gamestop.it/PSVITA/Games/36039/motogp-2015
http://www.thehut.com/games-ps-vita/motogp-15/11088110.html

I'm assuming the Vita version would just be a very basic update of MotoGP 14 if it does exist, but still. Kinda weird!

ACwSinFm.jpg

You are most welcome Infernal :D I'll be working on a quicker update next time :]

As an LBP fan it's good to *finally* see the Vita version of Run Sackboy Run surface after it came out quite some time ago on Android devices >_<

Starlight Tactics being official is welcoming news! I'll be adding it up. Wow, good for Kantai Collection. Didn't expect it to be as anticipated by the gamers in Japan as it is.

What have you been playing by the way?

I picked up Jet Set Radio from the April PSN sale the other day, been reliving the fun and frustration! It's a really great port!

Aside from that, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus and Söldner-X 2 have been keeping me busy. =')

Circinus

'Guns Up!' seems to be only coming to PS4 now?

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/guns-up-ps4/

New trailer uploaded on SCEA's PlayStation YouTube channel, but I think it's an old trailer that is just re-uploaded. But it says 'only on PS4' now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9FdQEpQBg4

Original announcement said coming to PS Vita, PS3, PS4 (with cross-play support):

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/13/new-trailer-for-guns-up-on-ps4-ps3-ps-vita/

If it isn't a mistake that seems weird to me. Game looked like a good fit for PS Vita, can't imagine that it was that taxing to get it running on PS Vita if they tone down the explosion effects a bit.

EDIT: here's the same initial announce trailer from SCEE's PlayStation channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hCqYoUvvlo

Maid

Banned
If it isn't a mistake that seems weird to me. Game looked like a good fit for PS Vita, can't imagine that it was that taxing to get it running on PS Vita if they tone down the explosion effects a bit.

I'm sure it's not technical problem. Seems like Sony doesn't want to spend a cent toward the Vita.

Circinus

I'm sure it's not technical problem. Seems like Sony doesn't want to spend a cent toward the Vita.

Oh well, I don't mind it that much, but I remember IGN was surprisingly positive about this game at E3. So I'd have liked to give this game a look on PS Vita, but I wouldn't be too interested to play it on a TV.

I don't think that the financial investment for this game is big at all and I can't imagine that there's high demand for a game like this on PS4 so I don't see why they'd cancel the PS Vita / PS3 version. Considering SCE regularly do these kind of Pub Fund games for PS Vita like Axiom Verge, Guacamelee!, Severed etc. (I know those aren't SCEA published, but I mean the financial investment is likely of a similar degree)

This is game is likely of similar production values of other downloadable-only cross-play / cross-buy SCE-published games across PS Vita, PS3 and PS4 like Helldivers, Resogun, Hohokum, CounterSpy.

Here's IGN preview of Guns Up!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/11/e3-2014-slaughtering-armies-in-playstationas-guns-up

Just got an email from Play-Asia about this, the physical English/Chinese version of Genkai Totsuki Moero Chronicle (Moe Chronicle) has been delayed once again. It's now due out May 5th.

Compile Heart's also released the first English screens and box art.

That game sends shivers down my spine, I actually played (and 100%ed) that Muppets game (curse me for going after a full Vita collection) and its right up there as one of the worst games on the system no doubt. I don't expect the Looney Tunes game to be any better...

I just got a free Vita, the sweetest Vita there is. I was ready to buy Mega Man Powered Up... And I find it's not available digitally... :(

Only in Japan unfortunately. I forget exactly what is holding it back from release. I think Capcom said it was something to do with it not working properly digitally (while the Japanese version does for some odd reason). A real shame, since its such a damn good Megaman game.

Circinus

The stuff Sony releases on this handheld:

c4hJl13.jpg

Developed by Virtual Toys, the team behind last year's Muppets game.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/04/09/looney-tunes-galactic-sports-release-ps-vita-year/

I guess Sony ran out of Disney licenses/couldn't afford them anymore. I guess these kids games do okay in Spain and Portugal?

I wonder how they get those Disney licenses and Looney Tunes licenses in the first place? Do they own a lot of these Disney and Warner Bros. licenses for video games?

Maybe it's only for handheld games or something?

We can't even get a limited print for games like Oreshika, but we do get that...

While it's unfortunate if you want a boxed cartridge copy of Oreshika of course, to be honest, that probably makes sense for a business point of view. Oreshika is niche within a niche within a niche. While Looney Tunes is something a lot of people can recognize when they walk into a store.

Takao

Banned
I wonder how they get those Disney licenses and Looney Tunes licenses in the first place? Do they own a lot of these Disney and Warner Bros. licenses for video games?

Maybe it's only for handheld games or something?

Probably contracts specific to the release. SCEE went a few years where they'd publish Disney games on PSP/Vita. Last year even a Frozen-themed Singstar on PS3/PS4 happened.

any idea if DISGAEA D2 is hitting vita?

Nothing has been announced, but I imagine that's an inevitability.

Ettie

This seems to be the closest thing we have to a general vita discussion thread so I'm asking here, sorry if it should be somewhere else; does the PS1 classics library still get updated with new games?

Shizuka

This seems to be the closest thing we have to a general vita discussion thread so I'm asking here, sorry if it should be somewhere else; does the PS1 classics library still get updated with new games?

You mean, old incompatible games becoming compatible? That's rare, we're mostly getting new PS1 releases being Vita compatible day one.

garath

I went to GameStop today to see if I could score a physical copy of tales of hearts R. I couldn't seem to find the vita section so I asked a guy. Turns out it was an endcap of a tiny little island near the back of the store. Wow. They had maybe 15 games new and used :/ no tales either. Rough.

That game sends shivers down my spine, I actually played (and 100%ed) that Muppets game (curse me for going after a full Vita collection) and its right up there as one of the worst games on the system no doubt. I don't expect the Looney Tunes game to be any better...

Is the Muppets game really that bad? D: I was considering grabbing a copy if it ever went down in price, but that's surprisingly yet to happen.

Is the Muppets game really that bad? D: I was considering grabbing a copy if it ever went down in price, but that's surprisingly yet to happen.

It really is souless and awful. It looks like a PSP game yet it runs really badly (frame rate wise). The game is mercifully short though so that's something...
The controls at best are competent, I had the game crash on me erasing all my progress on a level so I had to redo it. The different characters are all fairly boring and the levels are just as unimaginative and boring. Its just so painfully average that I can't recommend it, I'd say the Spanish exclusive Tadeo Jones 1&2 are technically slightly more fun, but those are broken in different ways so I'd not recommend those either! Only grab them if your a mad collector like me!

If you want a decent platformer though (and your in America) then get Mutant Mudds instead. Its an 8 bit inspired platformer that plays brilliantly and has excellent level design. I really can't recommend the game enough. Its not quite as good as the 3DS version though, the 3D effect adds to the depth of the game and makes it easier to determine which enemies are on which plane. Only problem is, it wasn't released outside of the USA on the Vita yet so you need a USA account to play the game, and on the Vita its a pain to swap profiles.

Or just wait 2 weeks and buy Shovel Knight, which was my game of last year.

Haha, cheers. Sounds terrible. =p I imported a copy of the first Tadeo Jones a while back pretty much just for the novelty value of such an obscure retail release and found it to be... okay-ish! Jumping controls seemed to bug out at random though which quickly became frustrating. I'll probably grab the sequel soon before it becomes too difficult to find.

But yeah, Mutant Mudds is indeed fun (got it on 3DS, don't think the Vita version was released here) and I'm looking forward to Shovel Knight since I skipped it last year.

Haha, cheers. Sounds terrible. =p I imported a copy of the first Tadeo Jones a while back pretty much just for the novelty value of such an obscure retail release and found it to be... okay-ish! Jumping controls seemed to bug out at random though which quickly became frustrating. I'll probably grab the sequel soon before it becomes too difficult to find.

But yeah, Mutant Mudds is indeed fun (got it on 3DS, don't think the Vita version was released here) and I'm looking forward to Shovel Knight since I skipped it last year.

The second TD is half the length of the first game (which is good) but technically it performs worse than the original. At times the frame rate skips so bad it makes it impossible to avoid (instant death) obstacles. Its a pity the games are so rushed, they could be decent if they weren't so rushed out...

On the brighter side, I'm really enjoying Senran Kagura Bon Appetite - I got the Japanese physical edition and it has all the DLC on disk which is awesome.
I'm also playing through The Walking Dead Season 1 and bar a few annoying pauses when the scenes switch I'm finding it to be a fine port.

Hubb

I hope they say something soon since it would be blasphemy for it to not come to Vita.
At some point I will have all the Disgaea games on my Vita.

Do you think D5 is coming to vita? Haven't seen too many vids of D5, but I don't know if Vita can handle it.

So I'm thinking of ordering sword art online lost song.. With english sub...are there any cons to doing this? Like will the menu stuff be in Japanese or something? I'm considering importing.. I just don't want to get it and then for some reason I'm stuck on something i cant read

So I'm thinking of ordering sword art online lost song.. With english sub...are there any cons to doing this? Like will the menu stuff be in Japanese or something? I'm considering importing.. I just don't want to get it and then for some reason I'm stuck on something i cant read
I think aside from not being able to download the DLC if you are on a US account, the X and O button swap, and obviously the price point, nothing really. Patches still work regardless of your region.

cj_iwakura

Interesting observation from another MB...

The Vita is weird, it defies all industry wisdom. It's the only console that hasn't required a large install base in order to thrive commercially, everyone who owns one is an actively paying customer which is why the software attach ratio is so high and there's practically no used game market for the system.

The reason why larger publishers don't support the system and only niche ones do is because big franchises can't expand catering towards an entrenched audience (since the Vita doesn't grow outside of the hardcore/collector market save for perhaps kids in Europe) meanwhile niche publishers have everything to gain supporting the system since they live off of the hardcore/collector market (until they make enough money to give their audience the middle finger and go hunt for the mainstream audience like Atlus does :p).

It's a very lucrative platform depending on what type of product the company is putting out, it's not uncommon to hear about multiplatform releases selling nearly as much on Vita as the PS3 despite the PS3 having 10x times the install base.

Do you all think this explains the (comparatively) vast amount of software for the Vita despite it being a 'dead' system'?

Nightbird

Do you all think this explains the (comparatively) vast amount of software for the Vita despite it being a 'dead' system'?

Yeah this is definitely true. In 2 Months after receiving the Vita I bought 5 Games without counting PS+, and my List of Games I want to buy is still long.

SteveWD40

Yes. Combine the massive attach rate with the profitability of the memory cards for Sony and you have a system that could be around for a long time.

Retailers won't support it and it will only ever get Japanese games / Indies now but I doubt it's going anywhere any time soon.

Haha, what the heck. I don't even remember this being announced, but a Vita port of Alien Shooter (top down shooter from 2003) was suddenly released in today's Euro PS Store update.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-au/games/alien-shooter/cid=EP4384-PCSB00561_00-ALIENSHOOTER000E

Both the expansion packs are there too as DLC. It's too pricey for an impulse purchase, but geez, I used to love this game on PC!

I'd probably buy that if it was on NA PSN.

The stuff Sony releases on this handheld:

c4hJl13.jpg

Jeez that Looney Tunes game is expensive af to pre-order on Amazon uk. Conversion is coming out to almost $90 USD. Anyone know the situation with this, or a cheaper and reliable alternative?

I'd probably buy that if it was on NA PSN.

Might be out next week hopefully.

Jeez that Looney Tunes game is expensive af to pre-order on Amazon uk. Conversion is coming out to almost $90 USD. Anyone know the situation with this, or a cheaper and reliable alternative?

Yeah, the Amazon listing is busted. Or at least I hope so, because that's more expensive than most PS4 games!

JB Hi-Fi (Australian retailer) have it listed for $39 AUD (about $30 USD) which sounds much more accurate.

Yeah, the Amazon listing is busted. Or at least I hope so, because that's more expensive than most PS4 games!

JB Hi-Fi (Australian retailer) have it listed for $39 AUD (about $30 USD) which sounds much more accurate.

That's substantially better. Also checked and I can't order the amazon listing anyway, since it's "Amazon EU SarL"

Thanks.

I also wanted to ask you too, if you knew if the Best of Arcade physical releases have an English language option? I know it's simple enough to not need one, but that affects how much I need to try and get it sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom