• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

I also wanted to ask you too, if you knew if the Best of Arcade physical releases have an English language option? I know it's simple enough to not need one, but that affects how much I need to try and get it sooner rather than later.

Yep! The back of the box is all in German, but the game itself boots up in full English by default.

Fady K

You know, I've been wondering: why are PS2 classics still not playable on the Vita? I don't imagine it to be too difficult for Sony, techinically speaking.

So it seems like MotoGP 15 might also be coming to Vita in June alongside the other systems? Milestone have never mentioned a Vita version this time around, but multiple retailers are starting to list it.

https://www.mightyape.com.au/product/Moto-GP-15/23009255
https://www.gamestop.it/PSVITA/Games/36039/motogp-2015
http://www.thehut.com/games-ps-vita/motogp-15/11088110.html

I'm assuming the Vita version would just be a very basic update of MotoGP 14 if it does exist, but still. Kinda weird!

ACwSinFm.jpg

I picked up Jet Set Radio from the April PSN sale the other day, been reliving the fun and frustration! It's a really great port!

Aside from that, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus and Söldner-X 2 have been keeping me busy. =')

Thanks for sharing infernal! Will add as always ;D

Never did I imagine back in the day we'd play classics like Jet Set Radio, Grim Fandango, etc on the Vita. So awesome.

I'm eager to get into the Senran Kagura series - I may start with the first game on the 3DS first. The new one on the Vita looks bonkers! Have you been enjoying Soldner X2?

'Guns Up!' seems to be only coming to PS4 now?

Unfortunately (and oddly enough) it seems like it is PS4-bound for now with no trace of the Vita version. Very strange.

On the bright side, it is amazing to see how the number of canceled Vita games is insanely low these days. As a matter of fact, since I started this thread, this is the only canceled Vita game thus far ;D

Just got an email from Play-Asia about this, the physical English/Chinese version of Genkai Totsuki Moero Chronicle (Moe Chronicle) has been delayed once again. It's now due out May 5th.

Compile Heart's also released the first English screens and box art.

Are they officially releasing this in western shores Infernal? I'd be surprised if they didn't with the English version being practically done.

The stuff Sony releases on this handheld:

c4hJl13.jpg

Developed by Virtual Toys, the team behind last year's Muppets game.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/04/09/looney-tunes-galactic-sports-release-ps-vita-year/

I guess Sony ran out of Disney licenses/couldn't afford them anymore. I guess these kids games do okay in Spain and Portugal?

These games are Europe only I think, for some reason. Did they ever release the muppets game in the US/Canada?

Thanks for sharing Shizuka! Will make sure to add them to the updates and main post :D

Any word on Hand of Fate port? It hit the PS4 and final Steam release a while back...

Hand of Fate is definitely hitting the Vita, that we know, but when? Worry not, Vita release dates get announced out of NOWHERE. Example: sayonara umihara kawase is suddenly hitting the Vita in English in a few days - even before the Japanese version!

Interesting observation from another MB...

Do you all think this explains the (comparatively) vast amount of software for the Vita despite it being a 'dead' system'?

Man this stuff is fascinating. The Vita really is successful in its own way.

Anyone know what happened to Pier Solar? It was announced for Vita but then hasn't been heard of since. Been looking forward to it.

Nothing yet unfortunately, though like the majority of Vita releases don't be surprised if a release date pops up a few days (literally) before the actual release ;D

Ahhh, just received my copy of Persona 4 VITA!

Loved P3P: portable! Really anxious to get home from work and fire up this thing!

I hear it is one of the Vita goldies! Enjoy it.

redcrayon

Not really a Vita game but it looks like yesterday's release of Brandish on the EU PS store has been updated for Vita compatibility.

jonno394

May is a good month for new Vita releases, got Hyperdimension Neoptunia U and Steins;Gate to look forward to, can't wait for the Limited Editions of both.

Got to finish off Ys Celceta before then though and got my eye on Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (Launch Edition) to compliment that as well!

Shizuka

I have one Vita OLED, one Vita-2000 and one PSTV. I also have over 160 native Vita titles. I screwed up my attach rate, it could've been much higher if I stuck with just my OLED.

jonno394

My physical attach rate is only 14:1 at the moment but throw in digital purchases and I'm about 35:1.

I do have a list of about 100 games I want to buy though. .....

Steel

Banned
I've got well over 100(this is very much a low ball estimate) games for the vita, digitally mostly. A lot are PSP and PS+, but the amount of money I've put down for the thing is insane.

JMTHEFOX

The stuff Sony releases on this handheld:

c4hJl13.jpg

Developed by Virtual Toys, the team behind last year's Muppets game.

That's pretty interesting, I thought that game was developed by a different studio.

They're also developing a Pirate MOBA called Pirates: Treasure Hunters and its being published by Netmarble in Korea.

redcrayon

I've got well over 100(this is very much a low ball estimate) games for the vita, digitally mostly. A lot are PSP and PS+, but the amount of money I've put down for the thing is insane.
It's a good thing that digital allows publishers much more information about which machine an account is downloading multiplat PS3/PS4/PSV games to. That's probably why so many digital games get Vita versions, because the data offered to developers shows that the existing Vita user base downloads a pile of games, even if the hardware isn't selling.

Including PSP/PSOne games alongside PS+ and PSV, I've easily downloaded over a hundred titles to my Vita.

jzbluz

I don't even know how many games I have for my vita, but it's the console where I have the most games and where I'm much more willing to try new stuff. It helps that I don't mind going digital, and that the Canadian PSN hasn't raised prices that much nor do they charges taxes.

They really do need to localize some of them. I know many of my friends would be delight to be able to play those games.

Late reply, but D3P actually localizes their mobile otome games, so chances are that the 22 kisses one will show up in English. I wish we could get their handheld games, but they don't even localize their more mainstream games.

Edit:
I actually became a full fledged member! And it only took me like 1.5 years.

Playism have announced two Vita localisations for the West.

http://playism-games.com/article/fo...es-including-astebreed-coming-to-ps4-and-vita

TorqueL

Torquel_1_Smaller.gif

TorqueL, a physics-based side scrolling puzzle game developed by FullPowerSideAttack.com.

You play a particularly well-dressed gentleman inside of a box. You can roll your box around the environment by pushing the left stick in the appropriate direction, but without the ability to jump, getting over pits or up hills is going to be a challenge.

Luckily, you have a trick up your magnificent sleeves. Each side of the box is mapped to a face button, and pressing said button extends that side. Using momentum and gravity, you’ll soon be flying through the air and making your way to the goal in style.

Croixleur Sigma

CS01.png

In Croixleur Sigma, you choose from one of four young female warriors, each representing a faction in the land of Ilance. Each one has been chosen to participate in the Adjuvant Trial, where they do battle through a multi-level tower in hopes of winning military authority and the honor of protecting the queen.

Croixleur Sigma is, at its core, high octane slash-’em-up action. Before heading into the tower, you can choose your character and four different swords to take with you.

With tons of weapons to unlock, each with their own unique special attack, you can customize your fighting style by choosing the weapons that fit you best, whether it’s blistering fast pokes, slow, powerful slashes, or a mix of both.

For veteran action fans, Croixleur Sigma also includes all the features you expect out of a fast paced character action game, including Move Cancelling and Invincible Dashing. You’ll need all you can get, too. The tower is a dangerous place.

@Wreck

i've been trying to find the link to the store everybody seems to be buying their memory cards from and anybody have trusted online stores that deliver to Canada

i just put shovel knight on and thats all the space left on my poor 32gb card haha

shovel knight is sooo good must play!

This is pretty much a Vita OT so I'd like to ask, if I get a Vita TV can I just switch my memory card between them or should I get another one?

Also, the Vita TV is fully compatible with the DS4, right?

Massa

i've been trying to find the link to the store everybody seems to be buying their memory cards from and anybody have trusted online stores that deliver to Canada

i just put shovel knight on and thats all the space left on my poor 32gb card haha

shovel knight is sooo good must play!

Superufo, nippon-yasan, Amazon (via third party).

Shizuka

Thanks, and yeah I forgot about that thread.

I saw that I could get one for around 50 bucks over here in Mexico as a store has it on clearance so I'm jumping in.

It's great for playing Vita's DRPGs on the big screen. I'm looking forward to trying Operation Abyss and Dungeon Travelers 2 on my TV.

jonno394

Only just realised run sackboy run was out. Spent the last 45 minutes playing it. Great fun and looks superb. Tempted to buy lbp vita now.

SteveWD40

Question / Survey: how confident are you in the lifetime of Vita PSN support.

I am spending a fair bit on digital content and even physical games are reliant on updates from the PSN half the time. I have faith in PC based digital distribution as that's a platform that isn't going anywhere but with Sony's seeming lack of support for the Vita I just have a feeling that within 5 years they will do some cost analysis of keeping the servers up and kill the Vita store, leaving us relying on digital back-ups for a library worth £/$ hundreds.

I don't have time for much other than handhelds these days and I want to invest in the Vita as the library is both huge and diverse, I just don't feel confident I will be able to play these games in the long term, which I seem to care about.

If I felt there would be a successor that would help, but that's unlikely at this point.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Question / Survey: how confident are you in the lifetime of Vita PSN support.

I am spending a fair bit on digital content and even physical games are reliant on updates from the PSN half the time. I have faith in PC based digital distribution as that's a platform that isn't going anywhere but with Sony's seeming lack of support for the Vita I just have a feeling that within 5 years they will do some cost analysis of keeping the servers up and kill the Vita store, leaving us relying on digital back-ups for a library worth £/$ hundreds.

I don't have time for much other than handhelds these days and I want to invest in the Vita as the library is both huge and diverse, I just don't feel confident I will be able to play these games in the long term, which I seem to care about.

If I felt there would be a successor that would help, but that's unlikely at this point.
Vita has a loyal fanbase and a good chunk of users continue to buy PSN games. Indie devs will continue with the cross buy support with PS4 and Vita for years to come. Sony would be very silly to throw that away and I don't see them doing so for a long ass time.

Chuy

Only just realised run sackboy run was out. Spent the last 45 minutes playing it. Great fun and looks superb. Tempted to buy lbp vita now.
Do it. Honestly LBP Vita was such a fantastic game i'd recommend it to anybody remotely interested.
Vita has a loyal fanbase and a good chunk of users continue to buy PSN games. Indie devs will continue with the cross buy support with PS4 and Vita for years to come. Sony would be very silly to throw that away and I don't see them doing so for a long ass time.
This essentially. I wouldn't worry about PSN for the foreseeable future since they're continuing to make bank off this.

Interesting observation from another MB...

Do you all think this explains the (comparatively) vast amount of software for the Vita despite it being a 'dead' system'?

This is probably correct - if we put owners of consoles in order with those who buy most games on top and those who buy 1-2 games each year you will probably get shape similar to pyramid.

In case of vita those bottom levels are missing.

I would be very sad if Vita PSN went down before Vita was completely hacked and the game files could be preserved apart from PSN and/or a Vita(for the sole reason of preservation and possible emulation doen the line, of course.)

@Wreck

I would be very sad if Vita PSN went down before Vita was completely hacked and the game files could be preserved apart from PSN and/or a Vita(for the sole reason of preservation and possible emulation doen the line, of course.)

i use the content manager to back up my stuff for both my vitas you should too=)

also i have a box account in witch i back that of with

but nothings full proof so i try to buy physical media when i can

Circinus

Why are we even considering such thing ? AFAIK we can still download even psp games from our download history

Beat me to it. Just what I wanted to post here as well. ^.^

The PSN Store on PSP only went offline a couple of months ago iirc, but you can still use the web store to purchase PSP games from PSN. (or you if you have a PS Vita, you can do via that the PSN Store on PS Vita too). Regardless, PSP games remain downloadable in the download list.

SteveWD40

Beat me to it. Just what I wanted to post here as well. ^.^

The PSN Store on PSP only went offline a couple of months ago iirc, but you can still use the web store to purchase PSP games from PSN. (or you if you have a PS Vita, you can do via that the PSN Store on PS Vita too). Regardless, PSP games remain downloadable in the download list.

Yeah, I was probably just being paranoid. Them taking the PSmobile stuff down got me thinking is all.

Mawlok

I was always under the impression that vitas didn't have a big library, boy does it look like I was mistaken. I know what I'm buying on payday.

I have two accounts and since it is such an enormous hassle to switch, I think I might have to double dip on Tearaway because I love it and I want to play it on my US PSN.

There are five or so full price games I want before that though. (DanganRonpa 2, DR:Another Episode, Steins;Gate, P4G, Virtue's Last Reward, Little Big Planet, Soul Sacrifice Delta)

Takao

Banned
Feline Puzzler Nekoburo CatsBlock Heads to North America and Europe

1.jpg

Catsblock Vestival, from Chaos Code devs F K Digital, brought over the top kitty cuteness to Asian PS Vitas late last year and now the puzzler is primed for a western debut. Coming courtesy of Neko Entertainment, who is a purrfect match for this title, the game will now be known as Nekoburo Catsblock. Retaining its Japanese audio track, Nekoburo’s text will be translated into English, French, Spanish and German.

Nekoburo tells the tale of a cat-like group of aliens that find themselves stranded on Earth. Alone and without his friends, the leader of the bunch gets adopted by a kindhearted teenage girl. With the help of some alien technology, it’s up to you to reunite Totan with the other stranded Square Cats.

lDrSBIN.jpg

The Vita version of Terraria is getting a retail release in Europe next month (May 22nd). It's funny because 505 Games were originally going to do this in 2013, then bailed. Guess they saw how well Minecraft is doing?

redcrayon

I just started Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo on the train this morning, and I have to admit I'm really enjoying it.

It's a third-person, mech/action/loot game where the story and characters are barebones, but it all seems to work well as a game optimised for portable play. It saves automatically, and you can tear through each mission in a couple of minutes. Each mission consists of a simpy drawn (albeit repetitive) 'dungeon' of urban streets, with you tracking down a rendevous point, killing key enemy units, that kind of thing. Friendly AI is poor but your mech controls brilliantly, so you barely notice them wandering off in the wrong direction.

Face buttons control your three weapon hardpoints, and moving while attacking allows you to strafe. Interestingly, you have two boost buttons- holding R allows you to boost forward for long periods of time to cover ground, and pressing x allows you a short boost in any direction, effectively a dodge. L is used for repair kits (essentially healing potions). It's a control scheme that is both functional and elegant, anyone can be throwing a mech around like a pro after a few minutes of play, and that's before you get into the cycle of equipping found parts, selling what you don't need, trying out different loadouts, replaying missions for better ranks.

Mech fans will love the traditional use of optimising for offensive/defensive power vs weight, plus the choice of weapons across your two primary, one support and one backpack hardpoints is extensive. Lasers, flamethrowers, homing rockets, rifles, swords etc. I even tried out a double-melee loadout, which was hilariously viable, at least for basic mobs. There is also a trade-off regarding vision in missions, which closes in when boosting.

It's £7.99, and well worth it at that price. Presentation on title screens, story etc is minimal, but the core game is highly addictive and great for short bursts.

Do we know anything about Vita versions of Telltales Game of Thrones and borderlands games ?
Tales from Borderlands will arrive once the full season is out.

As for Game of Thornes, there is no announcement but I won't be surprised to see an announcement closer to the end of the current season.

Top Bottom