• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Zhao_Yun

Tuturu!

tuturue5u20.jpg

image.php

Big question, why doesn't the vita have a diablo esque game yet??? Wouldn't that type of gameplay on the go be a no-brainer? I'm itching to have some diablo like gameplay on my vita. I'd be there on day 0.

Ditto. It's all I want out of the vita now. Surprising really that there hasn't been a single semi-decent quality hack and slash released yet. DHA doesn't count given it is or at least was a horribly overpriced port of an iPhone game.

It's really a shame Warriors Lair was cancelled.

Shinriji

Another week, another batch of games.

- Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (ASW - March 24)
- Lost Dimension (Atlus - SRPG - Summer)
- Song of Memories (FTL - 2016)

Fady K

It's too late. I'm going to sell my Vita in protest. You have failed this city.

Not yet Labadal, much to play mate ;D Hope you enjoyed the last update! Im working on one at the moment.

Fady, I'm sipping my hot drink (a nice cup of Earl Grey, since you ask), where's this update :D

Earl Grey! Good stuff red :D I tend to have a hot drink as well (Lipton tea with Rainbow Milk and two spoons of sugar) - as I work on my updates. Did you enjoy the last one? Working on one as I type this as well.

Flame Over and La-Mulana Ex should be interesting titles. Especially Flame Over looks good to me.
New Danganronpa game, huh. I must buy and play in first and second part, finally.

Good news: Both Flame Over and La Mulana EX turned out to be great games based on reviewers and fans! As for Danganronpa, you and me both. I need to start the series sometime this year as well.

XMPT Games have just announced DiscStorm for Vita (and PC).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9zkzmNsrrw

j1wqANxl.jpg

BM0Hyf5.jpg

ZsjnhCw.jpg

Thanks for sharing this Infernal. The premise reminds me of games like Towerfall; crazy party games. Have you ever played Konami's PS1-era Poy Poy games? They were good fun. We need more multiplayer games like those :D

Thanks as always for the updates, Fady. The Swindler looks really great; Curve Digital are such a great publisher on the Vita.

You are most welcome Triggerhappytel :D Glad to be of service! Working on the next update at the moment. Yes indeed, Curve rarely, if ever, ignore the Vita whenever they publish a new game :D

As usual, thank you for this!

pretty meaty update, I don't know how but The Swindle and Spider 2 have been under my radar until now. Totally interested in the first one, as for the second, that's just reminded me I still have the first one on my iPod to play; I heard great things about it back in the days.

Cool the Woah Dave update. The base game was extremely lacking in modes and it became boring rather quickly so that was needed. And it's free!

You are always most welcome VLiberty. Thank you too for getting the goods on plenty of games that I used on my many updates :) Swindle and Spider 2 look quite good huh? I haven't played the first one on the iPad but I heard really good things about it like you said. Has a striking premise, playing as a spider in a mansion where there is a conspiracy taking place in the background.

Nice of the Whoa Dave devs to release it for free! A rare example that more devs should follow!

Just wanted to mention that La-Mulana EX is incredible. I owned it on PC but wanted it on Vita for portability. In the end, I have been playing it most on my PS TV (the irony). Well worth the price of admission.

Yet another glowing LM2 impression. It certainly looks awesome, from day one. Just a question though, is it more of a straightforward sidescroller or is there some exploration elements like Castlevania and Metroid games? Either way, looks like a must buy at some point!

Nice one Fady!

Hotline Miami 2 and Soldner-X will be my next purchases, I think.

The verdict on Hotline Miami 2 is that it is just as good the incredible first one :)

As for Soldner-X2, you should be happy with it :)

Man, the Vita sure has plenty of stuff to localize still. Good on Atlus for getting the Vita version as well :D Thanks Shizuka, adding this up.

Another week, another batch of games.

- Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (ASW - March 24)
- Lost Dimension (Atlus - SRPG - Summer)
- Song of Memories (FTL - 2016)

Thanks again Shinriji :D Adding all three up. Crazy to say but this year it feels like we are getting just as much if not more Vita games than last year, at this pace.

Fady K

Hooray for another update! A bit late again but they are beginning to appear more frequently, finally :D Enjoy fellas!! I'm still note done, mind you, more to come in the next day or so! Got a few Japanese announcements to catch up on, stuff like Ray Gigante, etc.

NEW LOCALIZATIONS

*Arc System Works is localizing a Mech RPG for the Vita by the name of Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (Thanks to Shinriji!). It will be released quite soon too - March 24 for $15 (in the US). There's a trailer for it too :)
0TsmAa3l.jpg

*Atlus is localizing Lost Dimension for the Vita this summer. The tactical RPG will launch at $40 in the NA region. Atlus released this trailer of the opening.
A76Zf5bl.jpg

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

*XMPT Games and Mastertronic have announced DiscStorm for the Vita (thanks Infernal Monkey!). It is an arena shooter like dodgeball, but you use deadly flying discs instead. The game has a single player and online versus multiplayer mode. Here's a trailer.
b2T9dha.png

*5pb announced Infinite Stratos 2: Love & Purge for the Vita. It is a visual novel hitting Japanese Vitas on July 30, 2015.
qLjXmHll.jpg

*Falcom, the makers of the Ys and Legend of Heroes games, announced a new Vita title - Tokyo Xanadu (thanks Shinriji!!) - an action RPG that takes place in Tokyo. The game will have a good dose of adventure and action and it looks quite great!! So far, it is expected to release in Japan this Summer and looks too special so far not to have an English release.
tokyoxanadu_150224_thumb.jpg

tokyoxanadu_08_r.jpg

tokyoxanadu_09_r.jpg

tokyoxanadu_1502261.jpg

tokyoxanadu_1502262.jpg

tokyoxanadu_1502263.jpg

0073.jpg

0053.jpg

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters (Pub - Aksys Games / Dev - TOYBOX / A visual novel, strategy RPG hybrid)
277643-tokyo1.jpg

Hotline miami 2 wrong number (Pub - Devolver Digital / Dev - Dennaton / The sequel to the top-down brutal shooter)
med_Hotline%20Miami%202%20-%20Screen%203.jpg

Flame Over (Dev - Laughing Jackal / Twinstick firefighting game with roguelike elements)
hs4lBki.png

Scram Kitty DX (Dev - Dakko Dakko / 2D platformer and shooter)
bklVsAu.png

NEW MEDIA

*Here is a new trailer for Red Goddess !
UE4Editor20140913105822634_thumb.jpg

*Here's a new trailer for Persona 4: Dancing All Night .
20150223_033353_thumb.png

OTHER NEWS

*NIS America's upcoming strategy RPG Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy has been delayed to June (previously slated for mid April).
qKOHaV8.jpg

*For the few of you that play Playstation Mobile games on your Vita, you may or may not have heard that the service is shutting down on July 15th of this year. On September 10, the servers will be turned off so you'll no longer be able to make in-app purchases or re-download games you already purchased unfortunately. However, to make sure that doesn't happen to you with the games you already own, activate them by going to: Settings -> PSN -> System Activation -> Playstation Mobile -> Activate -> OK.

*Danganronpa fans, give this Q&A on the PS Blog - avoid this if you haven't beaten the first two games in case of spoilers though!

*Here are the top 10 PS Vita games in the NA region for the month of February (digital only):

1 Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-
2 Minecraft: PS Vita Edition
3 Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
4 Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1
5 Monster Monpiece
6 Tales of Hearts R
7 Jak and Daxter Collection
8 Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
9 Rayman Legends
10 Child of Light

Thanks, how are the graphics?

Also isn't there a sequel releasing soon? If so shouldn't i just wait for that?

The environments can be a little low quality, but I can excuse that because of the sheer amount of content and the fact that this is an enhancement of a PSP game.

I don't know much about the sequel, but I think I heard it's switching up the core gameplay. It will allegedly have a better localization, though.

The environments can be a little low quality, but I can excuse that because of the sheer amount of content and the fact that this is an enhancement of a PSP game.

I don't know much about the sequel, but I think I heard it's switching up the core gameplay. It will allegedly have a better localization, though.

Thanks i think I'm gonna wait until the summer maybe I'll catch a sale or at the very least knock some games off my backlog

Aru

1 Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment

How is this game? Is there exploration? Or just lots of walking to the next fight?

The game is very very grindy and every single battle can take a while. It's also incredibly repetitive. It's pretty rare that I give up on a game but I just couldn't play it anymore. And I love SAO in general.

If you don't mind this, I recommend buying this game on sale.

Two Neptunia games announced for the Vita today.

Yep, seems Blanc won the poll for the character most desired as a lead. The announcement page hints at possible multiplayer for this title. It's probably too early to say, but it looks like it might be a hunting game?

Hyperdimension Tag Team Blanc + Neptune vs Zombie Army

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/022/1022134/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkn-utKR4Zs

The second game to be announced was Hyperdimension War: Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls. The announcement site offers no further details.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/022/1022175/

as a Neptunia fan, I'm ecstatic. Now if only they'd announce VII for Vita so I don't have to buy a PS4.

redcrayon

Hooray for another update! A bit late again but they are beginning to appear more frequently, finally :D Enjoy fellas!! I'm still note done, mind you, more to come in the next day or so! Got a few Japanese announcements to catch up on, stuff like Ray Gigante, etc.

NEW LOCALIZATIONS

*Arc System Works is localizing a Mech RPG for the Vita by the name of Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo (Thanks to Shinriji!). It will be released quite soon too - March 24 for $15 (in the US). There's a trailer for it too :)
0TsmAa3l.jpg
This looks great!

Mech and portrait art reminds me of Front Mission. I hope it gets an EU release, good price too.

The game is very very grindy and every single battle can take a while. It's also incredibly repetitive. It's pretty rare that I give up on a game but I just couldn't play it anymore. And I love SAO in general.

If you don't mind this, I recommand buying this game on sale.

Thanks

Maid

Banned
Yep, seems Blanc won the poll for the character most desired as a lead. The announcement page hints at possible multiplayer for this title. It's probably too early to say, but it looks like it might be a hunting game?

Hyperdimension Tag Team Blanc + Neptune vs Zombie Army

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/022/1022134/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkn-utKR4Zs

The second game to be announced was Hyperdimension War: Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls. The announcement site offers no further details.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/022/1022175/

as a Neptunia fan, I'm ecstatic. Now if only they'd announce VII for Vita so I don't have to buy a PS4.

A good news after a shitty day. Well worth it.

maouvin

Unless you're always fighting overleveled enemies (talking about a 30~40 levels difference at least), non-boss battles shouldn't take long. Most of the damage comes from sword skills, while attacking with O (which is what most newcomers do) and auto-attack will only do significant damage on underleveled enemies.

Properly managing your SP, your partner, parrying and using the "Nice!" command are essential to keep your sword skills coming and tearing the enemies apart. But of course, the game does a shit job explaining all that.

FDC1

3 games recently released in Europe only (I believe) which don't appear in this topic. They are all developped by 8Floor and are ports of mobile games.

Medieval Defenders (Tower Defense):

IMG_1991.png

Doodle Kingdom (puzzle/endless runner)

B_1o9FkWIAAFLP5.jpg

Strike Solitaire (puzzle/card game)

strike-solitaire-2.jpg

A forth one, Panda Blair, is apparently coming soon

71qu6wvj%2BSL.png

jonno394

I need to know more about Doodle Kingdom and how it translates from mobile to Vita (i'm assuming the mobile had plenty of IAP). Game looks interesting but its £5 and i'm not paying that if it comes with loads of F2P style crap

FDC1

I need to know more about Doodle Kingdom and how it translates from mobile to Vita (i'm assuming the mobile had plenty of IAP). Game looks interesting but its £5 and i'm not paying that if it comes with loads of F2P style crap

I can confirm IAP are a non-problem for this game, everything is perfectly doable without them and there are no "wait 30mn or pay now" stuff. Just note the endless running part is totally boring and you'll have to spend a good amount of time "playing it" (I barely consider that as a game) if you're into trophies (I got the 100% :p)

Has anybody heard any ETAs for Bastion an Axiom Verge, from the developer's mouths or otherwise? Very excited for both and we haven't heard a thing.

And Revelations 2.

Tapejara

Budget Euro publisher Funbox Media is jumping onboard with Vita support~

XBlaze - Code: Embryo is finally coming to Europe in June thanks to them.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1013725

Space Hulk is due out in July with a physical release.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1013923

And perhaps the biggest announcement, Top Trumps Turbo is coming to Vita
http://www.funboxmedia.co.uk/top-trumps-turbo-psvita/

It's cool that Vita is getting some budget support in EU. I love fishing through the bargain bin for lesser known titles; sometimes you'll come across a real gem.Shame NA publishers aren't doing the same, it'd be cool to pick up some lesser known games - or physical versions of indies!

What is this?

Based on an actual card game called Top Trumps. It's really big in the UK and basically nowhere else; the cards are based on all sorts of popular franchises and celebrities.

The Vita game looks.. eeehh? Some sort of mini-game collection with card battles, but the previous games on PS2 and DS games did well.

It's cool that Vita is getting some budget support in EU. I love fishing through the bargain bin for lesser known titles; sometimes you'll come across a real gem.Shame NA publishers aren't doing the same, it'd be cool to pick up some lesser known games - or physical versions of indies!

Same. Some of my favourite PS2 games were really obscure ones that I'd only discovered through bargain bins!

Melon Husk

Just got a Vita con Tearaway naturally. New 3DS didn't just click with me.
So what can I do with it? I have a PS3 and some PSOne Classics already.

Looking forward to Salt & Sanctuary.

Melon Husk

Do you use a US or EU account on your Vita?

Using EU account on PS3. Thank you for all the answers, I bought it on a whim but now after reading Destructoid's article and some others I can't wait to receive it! Maybe this on-the-go convenience pushes me to start MGS HD Collection. Edit: Nevermind it's not a cross-buy game. (I'll find my way to the Vita OT when I get it.)

Top Bottom