• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Guys, I just bought a Vita. I am part of Vita-Gaf officially.

Any tips/tricks I should know or must play games?

Congratulations!

Obligatory:

xjPi6Th_zpsq37dwgli.gif

ghibli99

I want to go on some rant about exclusives, but then I look at what I have on my memory cards, and there are a good number of them. Throw in all the indies and I have more games than I know what to do with. PS+ makes a huge difference for this system.

Faustek

So, that Civilization Revolution 2 rumor is true after all? I sense that this E3 could be Vita's moment. My predictions:

I don't think we'll have FF Type-0, FF12 HD, Kingdom Hearts HD Collection, Wild Arms announcements at E3. Square will have nothing for Vita, they usually use TGS for that kind of stuff.

Hell yes! I effing love Civ. I usually only play that on PC but the less time I have with the PC and TV the more I play on the Vita and man do I want to play that :)

As for SE. Tbh, I think it's mostly over there. As soon as I saw DQVIII for N3DS I thought

Well, the dream was fun for a while

So other than collaboration from a studio that is actually competent in making good games work over PSV/3/4 and some f2p games(still worried about SaGa) they are done with it. And it doesn't seem likely that Sony would try to moneyhat something from them. Outside of Japan it doesn't really seem like they need them either, for any of their consoles. ...Welcome home my tush :(

Namco I know would announce something like God Eater 2 at Japan Expo at Paris. They always have couple of surprises there, I'm pretty sure GE2 and SAO: Lost Song will be there.

Felt this was the case and somewhere in my decease ridden mind I already made that assumption. That It would be Japan heavy so announce stuff in France.

I don't want to sound too Vita-apologetic, but for me, all I ever want is them indie games for my Vita...

I had so much fun over the last few months with just playing Hotline Miami, TXK and OlliOlli, while I always felt like "Okay, this looks incredible, but why should I play this on that small screen?" with Killzone Mercenary.

I am happy with the Vita as it is, and there are still so many games left I need to play on it.
Those games are effing awesome :D As for Killzone, taste :) we're all different and to bad you couldn't find it as enjoying as I did on the handheld ^^

Anyway, I ask here.
Why are so many so certain that Bandai will localize Ray Giant? What have I missed? I mean it isn't like they have a seemingly popular anime to fall back on with RG.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Badland: Game of the Year Edition launches on PS Vita(and PS3/4)
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...year-edition-launches-on-ps3-ps4-and-ps-vita/

Watch the trailer. For a while I thought it fricken Sir David Attenborough that did the voice over but after seeing the comments on PS Blog I saw that it was an imitator. A damn good one.

from the friendly COO & CMO

Vita runs in the native resolution (960 × 544). It has been separately quite heavily optimised and runs smoothly at 60fps. At rare places where you can have even 100 characters in your control, it might come to 30fps or so but 98% of the time it runs very smoothly. Never had our testing guys complain about fps issues after the optimisation round.

Labadal

Guys, I just bought a Vita. I am part of Vita-Gaf officially.

Any tips/tricks I should know or must play games?

My two most recommended games are Lumines Electronic Symphony and Persona 4 Golden. I would also suggest that you buy a 64Gb card if you intend to buy lots of digital games.

18-Volt

at e3 show me something from Tokyo Xanadu and i'll be happy.

You're gonna wait a little bit longer than that, game will be out in September in Japan. XSEED can't bring it over here no earlier than 2016, as they are busy as it is. But I'm pretty sure they'll bring couple Vita titles. Like Corpse Party Blood Drive, which they have teased earlier this year.

Well, you will be. GTA is never going to be on Vita, that much is certain. PSP titles or nothing for you.

Never say never, Sony is doing pretty good job with its Third Party Relations team. They have already brought one Take Two game to Vita, why not more?

Still no Axiom Verge makes me very sad

Tom Happ is waiting on Sony to make MonoGame Engine support for the Vita, which they are actively working on with Axiom Verge as their test game.

As soon as Sony makes those tools available, the Vita port will begin full force. Tom Happ says the Vita version is his most frequent request.

Fady K

Hello there guys!! What's been going on? I *truly* apologize for taking over a month and a half since my last update. Though I hope this will be the last time I take anywhere near this long, I have not been resting on my laurels: I'm preparing the biggest update by far and it will be ready tomorrow. Here's the thing though, I noticed how one massive post can be too much for many readers, hence I'll go for a few updates every hour throughout the majority of the day. For the fans of this thread, you'll have *plenty* to look forward to tomorrow.

Just bought a vita today (used) and forgot a memory card. Stuck here playing PS4 remote play! Lot's of games I wanna play and look forward too.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Hello there guys!! What's been going on? I *truly* apologize for taking over a month and a half since my last update. Though I hope this will be the last time I take anywhere near this long, I have not been resting on my laurels: I'm preparing the biggest update by far and it will be ready tomorrow. Here's the thing though, I noticed how one massive post can be too much for many readers, hence I'll go for a few updates every hour throughout the majority of the day. For the fans of this thread, you'll have *plenty* to look forward to tomorrow.

I love the massive posts though, but if that's the way you want to do it, bring it on. Looking forward to the update.

Fady K

I love the massive posts though, but if that's the way you want to do it, bring it on. Looking forward to the update.

Worry not Sword Familiar, they'll be massive alright :D All tomorrow too! Imagine around 8-10 decently sized posts full of content. I plan not to miss a thing. Here's hoping you guys have a blast with the thread tomorrow :)

Pikma

Banned
Worry not Sword Familiar, they'll be massive alright :D All tomorrow too! Imagine around 8-10 decently sized posts full of content. I plan not to miss a thing. Here's hoping you guys have a blast with the thread tomorrow :)
All the hard work you put into this thread is amazing, thanks Fady K!

Awesome! Thank you!

Fady K

As promised, there are plenty of updates that I missed out on and I'll deliver one major update every hour for the next 5 hours. Hope you guys have a blast. Here's the first update, next one goes live in an hour. Main page has been updated as well. Enjoy friends :)!

NEW RELEASES

Ultratron
C257f0V.jpg

Color Guardians
uD6IRq7l.jpg

Breach & Clear
Kj8K3DA.jpg

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Dragon Quest Heroes II has been announced for the Vita by Square-Enix. The first one is hitting the PS4 exclusively this year (watch the trailer here to get an idea about the gameplay of the series, but thankfully the Vita has been added to the mix for the sequel. Think of the Dynasty Warriors games (this one comes from the developer of that series, Omega Force) but something far more suited to the Dragon Quest universe. This one should definitely be one of the higher profile Vita games coming out!
k2KWiG6.jpg

*There is a new game in the Hakouki series from IdeaFactory coming out for the Vita by the name of Hakuouki Reimeiroku Omohase Sora . Previous entries included a visual novel game and a musou game on the PSP. Not much is known about this latest entry despite its imminent release in Japan on July 2. Here is a video of its opening movie though.
veJgoVul.jpg

*Lubiterum Game Studio is working on a streaking game for the Vita by the name of Crazy Pixel Streaking . That's right, streaking, but not in the lewd sense. You take the role of a streaker who runs onto a football field and end up traveling through stadiums all around the world. The game will have co-op and competitive modes. It's a bit strange...thankfully there's a trailer to give you an idea.
preview_image.1.png

fG0JFMV.png

Screen_1_Combos.png

*The Taiko Drum series, a very famous rhythm series from Bandai Namco, is finally making its debut on the Vita with Taiko: Drum Master V Version . It will feature plenty of tracks, including from anime, vocaloids and even other Vita games including Freedom Wars, God Eater 2, Sword Art Online, Ys, Digimon Adventure. The game will also feature music from the PS3 RPG Tales of Zestiria, the Ace Combat series and the Tekken series to name but a few. The game will have over 80 tracks all in all and even feature an RPG quest mode. The game will release in Japan on July 9. Here's the trailer.
IbI0fei.jpg

273791T1_thumb.jpg

taikonotatsujinv_1504163_thumb.jpg

002_thumb6.jpg

tekkenv02_thumb.jpg

tekkenv01_thumb.jpg

Wv9kOlmm.jpg

Taiko-Vita-More-News_04-23-15.jpg

Taiko-Drum-Master_05-07-15.jpg

GAMES THAT RELEASED STEALTHILY BUT WERE NOT COVERED HERE BEFORE

* Cosmophony came out very recently and was not covered before in this thread. It is a rhythm game where you have to dodge obstacles as you make it through the courses (designed as tubes). Here's a short clip.
iOS-Screenshot-1136X640_3-noscale.jpg

iOS-Screenshot-1136X640_1-noscale.jpg

*Another released game that came out already but almost out of nowhere is Element4l - an experimental platformer where you control the four elements; I hear it is realllly hard.
R6KgYka.jpg

* Bloxiq is an indie cube-based puzzle game from Blot Interactive that also came out of nowhere for the Vita. Here's the launch trailer.
bloxiq-1.jpg

16437395223_343455f998.jpg

*And the unknown games keep on rolling, this time with tower defense game Medieval Defenders from 8floor ltd, out on the Vita since early April.
8hANeUP.png

*Last in this list is a new release, Breach & Clear : a military-themed top down tactical shooter.

1080722889\\

NEW MEDIA

*Some of you PS4 owners may have played the Metroidvania gem Axiom Verge . Apparently the game is one of the hottest digital games of the year thus far (made by one man across 5 years!), and it will be hitting the Vita soon-ish (cross buy with the PS4 version). For those who don't know of it, check out this trailer.
Here are some screens to ease your wait:
axiom-verge-01.jpg

axiom-verge-02.jpg

axiom-verge-03.jpg

*One of the better looking games hitting the Vita eventually is the 2D sidescrolling RPG Zodiac . The game's style is similar to Vanillaware's games (Odin Sphere, Muramasa, Dragon's Crown). Though this is a western RPG, it boasts the talent of some great Japanese talents, including Kazushige Nojima (writer of Final Fantasy VII & Kingdom Heats) and music composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (a personal favorite of mine, composer of FFXII, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics to name a few). Surprisingly, the game will be free to play (with plenty of microtransactions to come doubtlessly) when it hits Vitas in the 2nd half of 2015. Here's a lengthy video preview of the iOS version courtesy of pocketgamer.co.uk
Zodiac%20-%20iPad%20-%2002.jpg

Zodiac%20-%20iPad%20-%2004.jpg

Zodiac%20-%20iPad%20-%2005.jpg

Zodiac%20-%20iPad%20-%2003.jpg

*Carnivore Studios has provided a small update for their upcoming Vita horror game Kodoku in the form a work-in-progress video. You play as a collector searching for a rare book in an abandoned island called Kodoku, where you will have to use stealth and magic spells to make your way through the game's challenges.
kodoku-update.png

Carnivore_kodoku_2_thumb.png

kodoku_screen_1_thumb.png

Carnivore_kodoku_03_thumb.png

N° 2048

As a new Vita owner, I just want to say thank you. The amount of work put into this thread is impressive and appreciated.

Fady K

It's 50/50. I get some of them here, but when I can't find it, I need to import it.

Likewise mate, I tend to find plenty but Amazon is definitely helpful when I can't find certain imports ;D

I abandoned my Vita for Monster Hunter 4 for a couple of months, but I'm back now :D

Closing in on the end of Damascus Gear, then I've got Shovel Knight lined up, which I've already played through on 3DS. It's so awesome that I couldn't resist double dipping just to see it on my Vita's screen, and I'll want to play through all the new free campaigns like Plague of Shadows on the Vita when they are released too.

Outside of those two, my Vita backlog consists of Oreshika, which I'm looking forward to, and Tales of Hearts, which I'm going to give a second chance after abandoning it earlier this year.

After all that lot, I'll pick up Titan Souls and Hotline Miami 2, maybe Wolf Among Us too. I wish the PSN store had a wishlist, it would make it so much easier to keep track of what I'm interested in.

Sorry for the late response my friend!! Hope you enjoy today's massive update btw. 5 different updates across 5 hours, first one is live :D How was Monster Hunter 4? The series would do really well on the Vita I bet, especially given how well it did on the PSP.

Shovel Knight does look fantastic indeed, need to get into it sometime! How was the Kratos battle in the game?

Oreshika looks so gorgeous as well! Would love to hear your thoughts on it as well as Tales of Hearts ^^

Titan Souls looks very unique and different, and people say Hotline Miami 2 is just as good as the incredible first one. As for Wolf Among Us, it looks glorious and I can't wait to get into it myself (I love Telltale Games <3). Oh and the PSN TOTALLY needs a wishlist!! I keep track of what I need to look into later by building a list on a word document.

At the moment, I am playing through a PSone game I never got to finish back in the day, Echo Night, a horror first person game from the makers of Bloodborne haha. OH - and you must try Bit Trip Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien on the Vita - soooo goooood.

Shovel Knight has unlimited lives, and plenty of checkpoints on the first playthrough so you should be good in that regard. When you die you lose money (that can be recovered, as the money bags hover around the area you died).
Its a pretty fair game in my opinion, even in game plus mode. I've played lots of platformers (including every Megaman game) so maybe I'm not the best judge of character on that!
Either way, its the best game released on the Vita this year (so far). I put so many hours into it in the first week I ended up finishing it around 5 times!

I also recommend giving Titan Souls a shot. Its a hardish game at times but I've really enjoyed my time with it. The many boss battles are all unique and it has a certain addictive quality that keeps me coming back for more!

Shadowman, I never thanked you for these impressions so - thank you :D! Glad to hear that the game is fair! I hate how some games are literally impossible to finish for me due to their difficulty despite me wanting to finish it - example: that Contra game on PS3, Hard Corps: Uprising. I played the Megaman games as well and they are not thaaaaaat difficult so I'll take your word for it ;D

Titan Souls looks great too!! I don't mind hard when the game is fair, like what I hear about the Souls (Dark Souls, Demons' Souls) games. Thanks for the recommendations friend :)! And stick around for plenty of updates today!

hey man i've been good leaning hard on the vita now that i got kids on the way

shovel knight is easier than bloodblorne =)

the challenge is there but you know if you have the young reactions i'm sure you will find it easier than I

have a great weekend!

Hah! Easier than Bloodborne you say? I can't wait to play that either!! Enjoy today's updates! First update went up, 4 more to go, one every hour :)

Oh snap, sorry I didnt reply sooner

Game is legit smooth as butter on Vita. Couple that with GODTIER dpad and yeah, pretty defnitive way to experience if you ask me :)
Not my favorite game thus far, but havent finished yet and I remember feeling the same way about Guacamelee initially only to end up loving it at the end.
So yeah, we'll see.

AgentOtaku, why you banned mate :(? I hope you're back real soon! If you're reading this, stay tuned for some lovely updates today :D Biggest updates yet, one every hour, 5 in total ~

Yeah dat Vita dpad <3!!! Thanks for your impressions bro, stay safe and hope to see you back here real soon!!

Wow that's awesome, OP. I know where to come when I need to buy a new Vita game.

Thank you VERY much for your kind words IvorB :D Stay tuned for *plenty* of updates today!! There will be 5 big updates today in total, with 1 coming in every hour. Enjoy!!

Enjoy Lombax! Many updates coming today, stay tuned :)

All the hard work you put into this thread is amazing, thanks Fady K!

Thank you so much Pikma!! Hope you enjoyed the post from an hour ago. Next one is coming in a few minutes!

Awesome! Thank you!

You are most welcome Ruud :D Last update went live an hour ago, next one coming up in a few minutes :D

Fady K

Update 2 of 5 is live friends! Enjoy :D

NEW MEDIA

*Here is a new video of the opening from the Aksys/Arc System Works 2D fighter Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend . The Japanese version on April 23 and this summer in English.
8QNyBzb.jpg

*The upcoming rhythm game from Atlus Persona 4: Dancing All Night is sure looking better than expected. The game will hit Japanese shores as soon as June 25 and sometime this year in English as well. Here's a new trailer.Enjoy some new screens:
20150405_230726_thumb.png

20150410_095217_thumb.png

20150417_042936_thumb.png

20150427_010637_thumb.png

20150501_042334_thumb.png

110_thumb.jpg

008_thumb5.jpg

*A new trailer has been released for Marvelous' (Senran Kagura publisher) upcoming rhythm game IA/VT Colorful . The game will come out in Japan on June 25.
20150408_015614_thumb.png

IA-VT-PV_04-08-15.jpg

*Marvelous' strategy RPG Luminous Arc Infinity has plenty of new media to share with the Vita fans. Here's a video of one of the main heroines in the game. Here's another. And another. At the very least make sure to check out the gameplay trailer.
20150409_020055_thumb.png

world_inside_ss_31.jpg

LAI_04-14-15_004.jpg

LAI_04-14-15_006.jpg

*The upcoming sci-fi visual novel game from 5pb/Mages, Chaos;Child is scheduled to hit Japan on June 25. Check out the newly released opening movie.
N8BOOIE.jpg

*Aqua style's roguelike Vita game Mystery Gensokyo: The Tower of Desire will have you exploring randomly-generated dungeons while you seek loot. Here are some new screens and the new trailer.:
20150413_013828_thumb.png

20150413_014343_thumb.png

Mystery-Gensokyo-Vita-PV_05-02-15.jpg

*We have some new media for Spike Chunsoft's upcoming roguelike Vita RPG Mystery Chronicle: I Won't Look Back Until I Win , due out this summer in Japan. Have a look at the teaser trailer and some screens below:
Mystery-Chronicle_03-30-15.jpg

Mystery-Chronicle-I-Wont-Look-Back-Until-I-Win_2015_03-30-15_002.jpg_600.jpg

Mystery-Chronicle-I-Wont-Look-Back-Until-I-Win_2015_03-30-15_001.jpg_600.jpg

Mystery-Chronicle-I-Wont-Look-Back-Until-I-Win_2015_03-30-15_003.jpg_600.jpg

Mystery-Chronicle-I-Wont-Look-Back-Until-I-Win_2015_03-30-15_004.jpg_600.jpg

*We got some new screens for yet another dungeon RPG (these sure are popular these days, huh?) - IdeaFactory's Death Beneath the Labyrinth , slated for a summer release in Japan.
MeiQ-Site_04-08-15.jpg

labyr06_thumb.jpg

labyr05.jpg

DuTL_04-14-15.jpg

*Here's a new trailer for Bandai Namco's upcoming action game One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 , set for release in English in August.
Ace_02.jpg

Luffy_02.jpg

OPPW3_04-15-15.jpg

*Here's a new trailer for The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Evolution . Really hoping this comes out in English sometime. As for Japan, it will hit on June 11. Here's some new lovely art in the meantime:
image33.png

image34.png

image35.png

image36.png

*Spike Chunsoft's Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus will be hitting the Vita in Japan on June 4 (a demo is out now for it as well if you've got a Japanese account on the system). Here are some new screens and a new trailer:
image_thumb40.png

image39.png

image38.png

Shiren-5-PV_04-24-15.jpg

*Here is a new trailer of IdeaFactory's strategy RPG Destroyer Trillion . The game has been delayed to July 23 in Japan.
Makai-Shin-Delay-July-Japan.jpg

ogp_thumb.jpg

houju1_thumb.jpg

RELEASE DATES

* Resident Evil Revelations 2 is almost out for the Vita, we now know that officially thanks to the release date provided: summer. All four episodes and released DLC will be provided at once. Regarding Raid Mode, it will be single-player-only at launch, but online co-op Raid Mode and the ad-hoc modes will likely come via a post-launch update. The Vita version will also have gyroscopic aiming.
Here's a trailer.
Resi-Rev-2-Vita-Summer.jpg

*The dungeon RPG Operation Abyss: Tokyo Legacy will be hitting Vitas on June 9th in NA and June 5th in Europe. The game comes from Experience, Inc - developers of the Vita RPG Demon Gaze. Have a look at the intro trailer.. More good news - the launch copies of the game will come with a collectible box and the soundtrack. See for yourself:
Op-Abyss-Launch-Ed-Ann.jpg

16885237736_5eeb23a3b7_z.jpg

* Mighty No. 9 will be released sometime soon after the PS4/3 versions which hits on September 15th (and will now be published by Deep Silver).
17072097958_5dfe1502ef_z.jpg

mn9_thumb.jpg

MN9-Dated-Phys-Ver-Ann.jpg

Fady K

As a new Vita owner, I just want to say thank you. The amount of work put into this thread is impressive and appreciated.

I am flattered by your kind words stan, you are most welcome friend. 2nd of 5 updates of the day went live, stay tuned for the next one! Nothing makes me happier than seeing the Vita gamers like you happy with the latest updates! Enjoy!

Wow, Taiko V looks phenomenal. Odds of a US release are good, I hope.

Though Bandai Namco have not localized a game in the series in well over a decade I think, Bandai Namco today are a much cooler Bandai Namco than before. Many Tales games are localized, many anime based games are localized. They even stunned us with the localization of J Stars Victory Vs. +!

Skyzard

Banned
Nice to hear Resident Evil Revelations 2 has gyroscope aiming, looking forward to the next update.

So far I reckon:

driftstage
axiom verge
mighty no. 9
Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus
Resident Evil Revelations 2

Are very likely buys for me.

Recently picked up phantom breaker, which is an awesome little brawler with a great artstyle.

Fady K

Nice to hear Resident Evil Revelations 2 has gyroscope aiming, looking forward to the next update.

So far I reckon:

driftstage
axiom verge
mighty no. 9
Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus
Resident Evil Revelations 2

Are very likely buys for me.

Recently picked up phantom breaker, which is an awesome little brawler with a great artstyle.

Next update will be here in around 45 mins! Stay tuned :)

Phantom Breaker looks great indeed!

18-Volt

*We got some new screens for yet another dungeon RPG (these sure are popular these days, huh?) - IdeaFactory's Death Beneath the Labyrinth , slated for a summer release in Japan.
MeiQ-Site_04-08-15.jpg

labyr06_thumb.jpg

labyr05.jpg

DuTL_04-14-15.jpg

*Here is a new trailer of IdeaFactory's strategy RPG Destroyer Trillion . The game has been delayed to July 23 in Japan.
Makai-Shin-Delay-July-Japan.jpg

ogp_thumb.jpg

houju1_thumb.jpg

I really hope those are next on IFI's schedule. But it seems they are experimenting with steam and otome novels these days so there is a chance they might skip those. Hope they won't.

Also someone HAS TO pick up localization of SpikeChunsoft's titles. Shiren and that indie game. After Etrian Mystery Dungeon I crave for a quality roguelike on Vita. I can't think any better than Shiren.

Jazz573

*The upcoming sci-fi visual novel game from Mages, Chaos;Child is scheduled to hit Japan on June 25. Check out the newly released opening movie.
N8BOOIE.jpg

It's actually a port of an Xbox ONE game, and in addition it is also going to be on PS3 and PS4. By the way it's actually published by 5pb, although MAGES is a subsidiary of 5pb, and their logo appears on pretty much every game made by 5pb.

*Aquaplus' roguelike Vita game Mystery Gensokyo: The Tower of Desire will have you exploring randomly-generated dungeons while you seek loot. Here are some new screens and the new trailer.:
20150413_013828_thumb.png

20150413_014343_thumb.png

Mystery-Gensokyo-Vita-PV_05-02-15.jpg

Just wanted to point out that it's Aqua Style, and not Aquaplus.

Fady K

Update 3 is a go!

*Looks like Moto GP 15 may be heading to the Vita (thanks INFERNAL MONKEY!). Multiple retailers have listed the game for the Vita, though this is not yet official and thus we have no screens (yet).
GFPQ0Gt.jpg

* Looney Tunes Galactic Sports has been announced for the Vita and is being developed by Virtual Toys, it will be a minigame collection heading to the Vita sometime this year. (Thanks Takao!).
c4hJl13.jpg

xywtQy7.png

N4ocXeQ.png

yKRXkod.png

*D3 Publisher announced PLENTY of new Otome games for the Vita (Thanks Shizuka!). Starting with a new mystery otome game for the Vita by the name of Vamwolf Cross , set for release in Japan on June 25. Next up is Teikoku Kaigun Koihoj&#333; for summer 2015. Also announced is Believer! set for sometime this year.
CdRUNtZ.jpg

teikoku-kaigun.png.jpg

RELEASE DATES
*The upcoming sci-fi RPG Lost Dimension from Atlus & Furyu will be coming out on July 28th. Atlus did not only provide the release date, but also this golden nugget: DLC worth of 20 DOLLARS will be free for owners of the game in the first 2 weeks after release. DLC will include avatars, costumes, maps with additional story and extra quests. Not bad, huh? Be sure to check out the new character trailer.
kitty_thumb.png

Lost-Dimension-Dated_05-13-15.jpg

*The much-anticipated visual novel adventure Steins;Gate is almost upon us. The European version (retail too!) will come out on June 5 while the NA version is still in the submission process.
sgate_thumb.jpg

Steins-Gate-PS-Dated-EU.jpg

*The sidescrolling physics-based platformer Badland will be hitting Vitas on May 26/27. Developer Frogmind released a new trailer. The game will be cross buy with the PS3/4 versions. As far as the NA version is concerned at least, there will be a launch sale!
EStQDZK.jpg

17428821572_ebb70d9c30_b.jpg

* Absolute Interception Wars: Metropolis Defenders is the next Vita game from Acquire (devs of Akiba's Trip + Mind Zero) and it will be hitting Japanese Vitas on July 2. The game is a tower defense RPG where you control a moving city. The enemies are designed by Takeshi Oga of Gravity Rush/Siren 2 fame. Here's a gameplay trailer.
image_thumb12.png

20150408_223306_thumb.png

Metropolis-Defenders-Dated-Amazon.jpg

Metropolis-Defenders_04-25-15.jpg

* Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed will be hitting Vitas on May 19 (NA) and May 22 (EU). Here are some new screens, including the boxart.
Hyperdimension-Neptunia-U-Action-Unleashed_2015_04-02-15_011.jpg_600.jpg

Neptune-U_04-02-15.jpg

20150107124728_thumb.jpg

image44.png

Neptunia-U_05-14-15.jpg

A special edition has been announced as well for both regions, here's a look at the NA version (contains the game, a pillow case, the soundtrack & a collector's box):
Neptunia-U-LE-Ann.jpg

* Tokyo Xanadu is one of the most exciting RPGs coming out for the Vita in Japan and it now has a release date in that region: September 30. Here's hoping it will come out in English someday! The game comes from the developers of the fine RPG series Legend of Heroes & the Ys games - Falcom. For now you can enjoy some new artworks & screens:
tokyoxanadu_1504021_thumb.jpg

tokyoxanadu_15040210_thumb.jpg

tokyoxanadu_1504029_thumb.jpg

tokyoxanadu_150224_thumb.jpg

tokyoxanadu_1504222_thumb.jpg

006_thumb.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_Dengeki-shot_04-22-15_003.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_04-23-15.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_04-30-15_001.jpg

ss-012.jpg

Xanadu-Mitsuki-Ann.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_2015_05-14-15_009.jpg

*The strategy RPG Luminous Arc Infinity has a date! It will be out in Japan on August 6. The box art has revealed as well:
Luminous-Arc-Infinity-JP-Box-Art_04-06-15-600x763.jpg

* Mystery Gensokyo: The Tower of Desire has been dated by Aquaplus for Japan - the game will be released on June 25.
Mystery-Gensokyo-PSV-Dated-JP-600x338.jpg

*The upcoming brawler from Bandai Namco J-Stars Victory VS+ will officially be released digitally in English on June 30 in NA and June 26 in Europe. It will contain the same roster as the Japanese version and only Japanese voiceovers. Here's a short new trailer.
JStarsScreenshot03_thumb.jpg

J-Stars-VVS-Dated_04-15-15.jpg

J-Stars-Interview_05-08-15.jpg

*Square-Enix's Rise of Mana had its release date revealed, and as I'm posting this update late, let's just say it was released already - 2 days ago - in Japan. Here's a trailer. For those with a Japanese account on their Vitas, go download the game - it is free to play.
RoM-Vita-Spring-JP.jpg

image12.png

RoM-PSV-Pre-Reg-Up-JP.jpg

NEW INFO

*Skullgirls Encore is now known as Skullgirls 2nd Encore . The game will also now be cross-buy and cross-play with the PS4 version. The game will additions like a fully voiced Story Mode, a Challenges, Trials, and a Survival Mode. (It will contain a platinum trophy too trophy hunters!) Lab Zero has not provided a release date yet. Yet another fine fighter to add to the Vita collection.
16954410999_7beec25dc7_z_thumb.jpg

Skullgirls-2nd-Encore-New-Features.jpg

* Super Time Force Ultra on the Vita will be getting more new characters: the traveler from Journey and Galahad from the Order 1886! Here's a trailer.
16954126897_46afacba49_z.jpg

16973758968_7d9f6019ef_z.jpg

17160912511_126e1da060.jpg

17160912551_1195658bc3.jpg

17159905322_5814ed7bc0_n.jpg
16541368933_e6d3af28ca_n.jpg

*You a Minecraft fan by any chance? Be sure to check out the Simpsons skin pack (it's free!)
16629010893_a182327c5d_n.jpg

17247464142_5333327e3e_n.jpg

Fady K

I really hope those are next on IFI's schedule. But it seems they are experimenting with steam and otome novels these days so there is a chance they might skip those. Hope they won't.

Also someone HAS TO pick up localization of SpikeChunsoft's titles. Shiren and that indie game. After Etrian Mystery Dungeon I crave for a quality roguelike on Vita. I can't think any better than Shiren.

IF sure is getting busier these days! Spike Chunsoft definitely deserves more localizations! A few companies definitely agree and localize their stuff so here's hoping!

It's actually a port of an Xbox ONE game, and in addition it is also going to be on PS3 and PS4. By the way it's actually published by 5pb, although MAGES is a subsidiary of 5pb, and their logo appears on pretty much every game made by 5pb.

Just wanted to point out that it's Aqua Style, and not Aquaplus.

Jazz573, thanks!!! I'll update the posts as per your notes, much appreciated friend :)

Hey Fady.

Hey Fady.

Hey Fady.

We're Champions!

Moobabe!! Yes! And we won it in style :D!! This will go down as a year to remember! Hope we shop well this summer :)!!

Wait, the Vita version is getting a physical release in NA? I'm genuinely surprised, but glad. I missed out on the physical print of UWR and Tales of Hearts R, so I definitely won't be skipping this.

Actually, my bad Tapejara :[ The gamestop preorder is for the PS4 version only, my bad :( I'll edit it now.

Skyzard

Banned
Nice didn't know about Super Time Force Ultra.

Btw The Simpsons Minecraft pack isn't free...or here in the UK anyway.

Badlands looks kind of fun too.

18-Volt

* Absolute Interception Wars: Metropolis Defenders is the next Vita game from Acquire (devs of Akiba's Trip + Mind Zero) and it will be hitting Japanese Vitas on July 2. The game is a tower defense RPG where you control a moving city. The enemies are designed by Takeshi Oga of Gravity Rush/Siren 2 fame. Here's a gameplay trailer.
image_thumb12.png

20150408_223306_thumb.png

Metropolis-Defenders-Dated-Amazon.jpg

Metropolis-Defenders_04-25-15.jpg

I'm really curious about this title. Acquire always creates unusual interesting titles and this is one of them. So, who's turn is it? Aksys had Mind Zero and XSEED had Akiba's Trip. NISA maybe, if they're not busy? Or Aksys again, they have nothing but a ototme novel coming up.

I dont understand this. Looking at all those games.....wh is the vita not insanely successful?

Nothing is insanely successful. Gaming as a whole is becoming obsolete.

Moobabe

I don't know. I just got a Vita yesterday and am overwhelmed with the amount of games I want to play.

I guess a lot of these games are huge in Japan but not in NA?

The system doesn't see a lot of shelf space and the general gaming public isn't aware there's a shit load of games available on it.

Also Sony does a lousy job of promoting it.

SephLuis

The system doesn't see a lot of shelf space and the general gaming public isn't aware there's a shit load of games available on it.

This is a sad truth. Vita is getting more games that I want than any other platform. Its sad to see it "abandoned"

Fady K

Update 4 is a go :D

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Flying Works is bringing their digital 3DS game The Legend of Dark Witch to the Vita in Japan (thus far, no localized versions announced). - Thanks Shizuka ;D The game is a 2D platformer.
wbQs049l.jpg

VJQt4Gml.jpg

GRGHkPcl.jpg

* Girlfriend Beta: A Summer Spent With You is coming to the Vita this August. The dating game from Bandai Namco will have a special edition as well, pictured below. Here's the trailer.
girlfriend_1504232_thumb.jpg

girlfriend_1504231_thumb.jpg

023_thumb1.jpg

NEW INFO

*Fans of Helldivers will be pleased to hear that new DLC have been released, including some free stuff. The Turning Up the Heat expansion will be totally free (trailer here). There is also a new reinforcements pack 2 DLC which will cost you (video here).
z1axZty.jpg

*Though we don't have a confirmation of an English version of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus , the Japanese version have received plenty of updates in recent times that I expect to be included in the inevitable overseas version. The updates include action adjustments, a new playable character and bug fixes. In other news, the game is selling really well in Japan, having shifted a 100,000 copies across the PS4 and Vita only 3 days after release. An art book is also coming from Udon.
kaguraev_1504204.jpg

539928_thumb.jpg

SKEV-Sales_03-31-15.jpg

sk_art_thumb.jpg

* The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth turned out to be one of the coolest yet toughest Vita games when it came out. Now the fans of the game can look forward to revisiting the twisted world in the game thanks to the upcoming expansion titled Aftermath, which will contain: 100+ new items, a new playable character (Lilith),a whole new alt path and game ending, a whole new game mode that will greatly expand the game by 100+ more hours, new alt floors, tons new enemies and bosses, a lot of new super secrets, 10 new challenges, a butt ton of new achievements, 6+ new music tracks and even more poop!
Phew! The DLC should come out sometime this summer.
isaa_thumb1.jpg

* Destroyer Trillion , the strategy RPG made by former NIS staff who made Disgaea 4 and then moved to IdeaFactory, will feature Hyperdimension Neptunia characters (some screens of that below.)
dtxn01_thumb.jpg

dtxn11.jpg

dtxn09.jpg

*As of yesterday, an English version of Sword Art Online: Lost Song was released in Asia with Japanese voiceovers, even though an official English version is yet to be announced by publisher Bandai Namco. Heck, you can even order the game from play-asia right now heh :D. Bandai Namco even released a long video of the game in English.
image_thumb4.png

image6.png

image5.png

SAO-LS-Eng-Featurette_05-05-15.jpg

LOCALIZATION ANNOUCEMENTS

*Playism will be bringing over Croixleur Sigma to the Vita, a high-speed hack and slasher. Check out the trailer! (Thanks to INFERNAL MONKEY :D)
VV1hrzD.jpg

croixleursigma-2014-04-14-11-05-42-35.jpg

croixleursigma-2014-04-13-15-34-58-20.jpg

croixleursigma-2014-04-14-11-07-08-77.jpg

*Another Vita game that Playism will be localizing is TorqueL , a unique looking puzzle game (trailer here) (Thanks to INFERNAL MONKEY :D)
ss_b22f83e815180502edf6cd30db02236b6278fc77.1920x1080_thumb.jpg

torquel.jpg

*Gaijinworks & Monkey Paw is teaming up to localize TWO PSP RPGs (to be compatible with the Vita). First up is Bandai Namco's strategy RPG Summon Night 5 , due sometime in 2015. Here is a video of the game's opening.
title_screen.jpg

conductor.jpg

battle1.jpg

status.jpg

iS4V3hg.jpg

*The second game coming from Gaijinworks & Monkey Paw is Class of Heroes 3 , a dungeon crawling RPG developed by Acquire. This one is also a PSP game but it will be compatible with the Vita. Here are some screens:
0z5uV3F.jpg

battle21.jpg

CoH3_School1.jpg

CoH3_Stat_Screen.jpg

dresden2.jpg

*Another visual novel game is coming out in English thanks to the lovely bunch at Aksys games: Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ , developed by IdeaFactory. The game, which is inspired by both steampunk themes and 19th century Gothic-Vctorian, will release this fall. I leave you with these screens, starting with an awkward one :p: (THANKS TO SHIZUKA)
17231378386_298752c8b8_z.jpg

17257360275_ee1976b5c0_z.jpg

*Neko Entertainment is localizing the insanely cute feline puzzler Nekoburo Catsblock for the Vita, from the developers of Chaos Code, F K Digital. (THANKS TAKAO!)
7rUjb9I.png

3.jpg

03.jpg

*The English version of Moero Chronicle has been released in Asia by IdeaFactory under the name Moe Chronicle / The game is the successor to Monster Monpiece. Here are some screens and the box art:
image_thumb22.png

image21.png

image22.png

image24.png

*Atlus are localizing the Aquaplus-developed dungeon RPG Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal for the Vita, set for release this summer, digitally and physically. Here's the English trailer.
Dungeon-Travelers-2-Atlus-Ann.jpg

fVJZtQD.jpg

2015-03-27-115510.jpg

Pre-ordered & first print copies will come with a calendar as well.
DT2_GlamShot_thumb.jpg

*IdeaFactory is growing in popularity for English-speaking Vita fans with their many Hyperdimension Neptunia games, now they are bringing over a visual novel game by the name Amnesia Memories . The game will hit the Vita in August digitally and will retain the Japanese voiceovers. Here's the announcement trailer
CG_Events3.jpg

Amnesia-V-Localize-Ann-Init.jpg

Amnesia-Memories_05-11-15.jpg

Moobabe

This is a sad truth. Vita is getting more games that I want than any other platform. Its sad to see it "abandoned"

I've always said Vita needs a "heaven" (like Nintendo do for 3DS and Wii U) - something uploaded to the blog and YouTube with a likeable, knowledgeable presenter that lets devs talk about their upcoming Vita games.

Obviously you couldn't cover everything; you'd need to pick the most "friendly" of the upcoming library but it would boost the machine's presence no end.

Fady K

Nice didn't know about Super Time Force Ultra.

Btw The Simpsons Minecraft pack isn't free...or here in the UK anyway.

Badlands looks kind of fun too.

STFU looks so good :D As for the Simpsons, really? That sucks, it is free in NA as far as I know :[

Badland is a really fun game, won plenty of awards during its iOS days.

Ah, no problem Fady. Not like I expected a physical version anyway :p.

Sorry to dampen your hopes! Bandai Namco is a bit random with their formats, didn't expect them to release Tales of Hearts R physically!

omg. Super Time Force Ultra has a playable Shuhei Yoshida. Instant buy.

Yes :D They got the robed character from Journey as well as Galahad from the Order.

Xanadu looks really nice. I hope someone (Xseed?) brings it here.

Xanadu looks too special not to bring over in English. I bet this one will get picked it up for sure sometime after its Japanese release.

I dont understand this. Looking at all those games.....wh is the vita not insanely successful?

Sony does very little to support and promote it unfortunately. The system deserves far greater success. It is a beast!

I'm really curious about this title. Acquire always creates unusual interesting titles and this is one of them. So, who's turn is it? Aksys had Mind Zero and XSEED had Akiba's Trip. NISA maybe, if they're not busy? Or Aksys again, they have nothing but a ototme novel coming up.

I am cautiously optimistic that this will make its way over, as Acquire have a great track record when it comes to localizations.

Good points Moobabe :/

Fady K

Small update guys, some work came up, update 5 will come tomorrow God willing. Hope you guys enjoyed the 4 updates today!! Hope u look forward to it and enjoy it :)

Faustek

Vita needed SCEA. But SCEA thought the Wonderbook a better idea. The Vita direct thingy was a good idea but we all knew what was coming before it was brought up there. It also needed better engine support out of the gate. It needed a lot of things but it didn't really get the space and add the fact that it was, still is, a great piece of hardware also worked against it. Nah, I'm satisfied as it is today. I really enjoy my time with it and have more games than I can play. It's actually starting to rival my Steam account. It's already passed it in terms of how many games I have bought the last year and a half. So even if Sony won't grace it with a AAA title I'm happy with it.

But That doesn't mean I'll forget the Wonderbook or Powers incidents.

Edi: all thumbs up Fady :) all the positive feels :D

Top Bottom