• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Sondar

Some new Vita games have popped up on Amazon France, all published by Bigben. No release dates or anything yet.

Rugby World Cup 2015
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00XQCYF6E/

Handball 16
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00XQCYF5U/

Zombie Pinball
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00XQCYFBE/

From what I can tell Zombie Pinball's a port (remake?) of a mobile game from 2012. It's getting a digital release on Wii U/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, but apparently Vita and 3DS have the honour of a physical release. It doesn't look very good going by screenshots, but I'm always keen for more pinball.

Three more quality titles for the collection!

Fady K

Another update for you guys (that makes it the 6th update in the last 3 days ;D!! My best shift yet!! It should hopefully get back to normal with 1 a week since I have mostly made up for the missed one month and a half with no activity.) Enjoy!

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Cotton Software is porting its PC love adventure Natsumegu to the Vita. The Vita sure has its fair share of romantic love adventures ;D
qjE5MOR.jpg

*I'm beginning to lose track of all the romantic adventure games hitting the Vita, but what the heck - Tsuki ni Yorisou Otome no Sahou is another romantic adventure game announced for the Vita from HuneX and Navel
e1oFFYP.jpg

NOTE - By the way if you guys are not into these games at all, just let me know and i'll stop covering them in the updates :]

*Moving away from the romantic adventures, we have what looks like a lost survival horror game from the PS1 era by the name of Back in 1995 (it's not an oldie, it's a new game that looks like it literally was made back in 1995, still looks super cool). The game is being developed by one-man Japanese development team Throw the Warped Code Out. Hopefully the game will release this winter as planned.
872Duev.jpg

*What's this? Another non-romantic adventure for the Vita? Yes indeed. How does a game that mixes up elements of Plants vs Zombies and Rock Band sound? Canadian developer Pop Sandbox thinks it's a good idea, and decided to make a rhythm-defense hybrid Vita game inspired by both called LOUD on Planet X . The game is due this autumn. Here's the kickstarter trailer.
pixdffq.png

*Square-Enix and Tozai games have announced the free to play Minna De Spelunker Z for the Vita, coming out in 2 days in Japan. The game will be cross-play and cross-save with the PS4 version.
image_thumb11.png

Spelunker-Z-Coming-PSV.jpg

*The big Vita announcement in this update is definitely Land of No Light - the new RPG from Gust (the Atelier games). The game will release on August 27 in Japan and looks pretty darn awesome.
yorunonaikuni_1505141_thumb.jpg

yorunonaikuni_1505144_thumb.jpg

yorunonaikuni_1505142_thumb.jpg

0354.jpg

0314.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_2015_05-17-15_001.jpg_600.jpg

NEW GAME INFO

*Good news Danganronpa fans: Both localized Danganronpa games have sold in excess of 200,000 copies in North America and Europe, an incredible number for such a niche game in the western market. More to look forward to soon with Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls and development on Danganronpa 3 is underway. Happy times!
Danganronpa-12-200K-West.jpg

*Some Vita fans were surprised to see the Vita version of Nom Nom Galaxy disappear. Developer Double 11 said "never say never" for the Vita version and now that they have released the PS4 version, it may very well be coming along. I'll keep you folks updated.

LOCALIZATION UPDATES

*Koei Tecmo will be bringing over Ar No Surge - Ode to an Unborn Star to western shores digitally on July 1st (Europe) and July 2nd (North America). The sci-fi fantasy JRPG is a remake of the PS3 RPG. The game will have dual audio. A physical limited edition of the game will be coming out as well thanks to NIS America <3, check out the image of it below:
ss-139.jpg

ArNosurgeLimited.jpg

ArnosurgePlus_screen3_thumb.jpg

Ar-nosurge-Plus-Localize-Tease.jpg

*Koei Tecmo's Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 has recently been rated in Australia, hinting at a potential localization. This is Koei Tecmo we're talking about, who are more friendly than most when it comes to localizing. Very likely.
SWC3-Rated-Australia.jpg

NEW GAME MEDIA

*Here are some new screens for IdeaFactory/Compile Heart's upcoming JRPG Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 V Century , coming out his summer:
20150423000913_thumb.jpg

20150501012548_thumb.jpg

20150430000850.jpg

20150430184155.jpg

Neptuna-Rebirth-3-Screens_05-18-15.jpg

*Mike Bithell (the man behind Thomas Was Alone) is hard at work on his next stealth-inspired Vita game Volume . A recently revealed feature is the level editor, and you can now watch a video of that mode in action. We can expect a release date for the game in E3.
Volume-Level-Walkthrough_05-11.jpg

*Moving away from the romantic adventures, we have what looks like a lost survival horror game from the PS1 era by the name of Back in 1995 (it's not an oldie, it's a new game that looks like it literally was made back in 1995, still looks super cool). The game is being developed by one-man Japanese development team Throw the Warped Code Out. Hopefully the game will release this winter as planned.

Man, I am excited to play this game. Not only do I hope it comes to Vita, but becomes available in the US as well. He was going to release it on PlayStation Mobile, but now that it's been shut down he is working with Sony directly. That's all I heard.

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for the update, Volume looks interesting, always a sucker for games with level editors even if I never get round to even making a single level. Will keep an eye out for it.

redcrayon

Thanks for the updates, Fady! I can't say the VN stuff appeals to me but hey, I'm sure there's plenty of oddball stuff I like that isn't very popular either :D

Fady K

Edi: all thumbs up Fady :) all the positive feels :D

Thanks Faustek :) It's been pleasant coming back to this thread again with all these updates after a long hiatus :) Speaking of positive feels, this thread is deliciously positive :D

Unfortunately these games are banned from discussion on GAF. Also one of your images for DT2 is from a banned site.

Whoa, I had no idea :0 Are we allowed to have them included in the database at least or is that forbidden as well?

Moe Chronicle is a sequel to Monster Monpiece which is banned for the sexual depiction of minors. Same for DT2.

What is it with this trend in a variety of Japanese games?

Great job with the updates, added a few to my list to get, cheers.

Axiom verge
Mighty no. 9
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Super Time Force Ultra
Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus
Driftstage - was really keen on this after playing the PC alpha demo. So damn good, really can't wait.

A few others in a maybe list. Ah, think I already shared ha, my bad.

Glad you enjoyed it Skyzard :D! Great list of games you've got there; hopefully Shiren gets localized ;D

I wasn't aware of Tokyo Xanadu. Between that and a new Y's game on the horizon Falcom is making me happy.

Falcom's output in recent years has been incredible ^^ Happy to see that plenty of their games are getting localized these days.

What are the odds of Ray Gigant making it to the west?

Thanks.

Ray Gigant? Big chance for localization I bet. One of their recent games did, and this one looks cool enough too ;D

And you're most welcome ^_^

Some new Vita games have popped up on Amazon France, all published by Bigben. No release dates or anything yet.

Rugby World Cup 2015
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00XQCYF6E/

Handball 16
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00XQCYF5U/

Zombie Pinball
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00XQCYFBE/

From what I can tell Zombie Pinball's a port (remake?) of a mobile game from 2012. It's getting a digital release on Wii U/360/XB1/PS3/PS4, but apparently Vita and 3DS have the honour of a physical release. It doesn't look very good going by screenshots, but I'm always keen for more pinball.

Thanks as always for being a source of more additions to the thread Infernal! I'll look into adding them. What have you been playing?

I kind of want to get a vita...

Go for it! Plenty of stuff to play on the go :D You'll find plenty of great recommendations from the awesome gamers in this thread.

Thanks for the updates Fady, always appreciated.

You are always most welcome my friend! Working on this week's update - should be ready within an hour or so.

Land of No Light :eek:

Wow - yeah that looks good

That was my pick of the bunch as well! Stunning looking title. I have a good feeling it will be coming over :D

The correct tile would be Land of no Night =P

Veru happy with seeing so many Vita games.

Thanks SephLuis :D Will fix it up! Yes, so much indeed friend. More to be added today :)

Damn, great update!

I have no idea how to keep up with these releases rofl

I've got good news for you - another update should be ready shortly :D Even as one of the biggest Vita fans I'm stunned by the amount of content available and to come!

Man, I am excited to play this game. Not only do I hope it comes to Vita, but becomes available in the US as well. He was going to release it on PlayStation Mobile, but now that it's been shut down he is working with Sony directly. That's all I heard.

I heard the same and that is promising news! The fact that it may go beyond Playstation Mobile may give it more exposure ;D Hope it plays well! I love the variety of games on the Vita.

Thanks for the update, Volume looks interesting, always a sucker for games with level editors even if I never get round to even making a single level. Will keep an eye out for it.

You are most welcome Skyzard, another update is in the works, to be ready within the hour God willing. Volume comes from a good dev, should be good :)

Thanks for the updates, Fady! I can't say the VN stuff appeals to me but hey, I'm sure there's plenty of oddball stuff I like that isn't very popular either :D

You are more than welcome redcrayon :) Next update will be here within an hour :) Stay tuned bro!

Samurai Chronicles III and Samurai Warriors IV-2 are coming to the Vita later this year.

Thanks Shizuka! Will include them in today's update :)

Fady K

Phew, just updated my "games I want to buy for the Vita" list with loads of stuff you posted Fady. Good man as always :)

Haha, that is awesome :D! You are most welcome!! Another update to come within the hour :) Btw on the topic of your avatar, I recently heard a music track from Max Payne 3 - PANAMA - and it was absolutely stunning.

Land of No Light looks fantastic.

One of the best looking Vita games I have seen in some time :)

Fady K

Alright, here's your latest update Vitafolk :D

NEW ATTRACTIONS

Alien Shooter
DamgcsO.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
8SZ6E8e.jpg

NEW GAME INFO

* Scram Kitty DX was recently updated by developer Dakko Dakko - the split arms update. This update gives the game more of a twin stick shooter feel, in addition to speeding up the game's movement.
bklVsAu.png

*Good news Danganronpa fans, a special edition is being released for Danganronpa: Another Episode - Ultra Despair Girls . It will feature: a copy of the game, a soft cover artbook, a soundtrack, a collector's box, a setbox, an eyepatch and a tie.
DRAE-LE-NISA-Store.jpg

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

Developer Brainseed Factory has announced a 2D Vita platformer for the Vita by the name of Typoman . Letters play a big part in this Limbo-resembling game. Here is the trailer.
B4fIu6N.jpg

typoman.jpg

screen3.jpg

*Marvelous has announced a new Vita game called Net High . Here's the odd premise: it involves an web surfer looking around for "fake" people, exposing their lies. Very little info is available as of now (some scans are floating around, will share screens as soon as they are available.)

*Did you really think you'd be seeing a Vita update without a new romantic visual novel being announced for the system? Think again! Silky's Plus is porting PC romantic adventure Nanairo Reincarnation to the Vita, due on September 17 in Japan.
gqV3j3P.jpg

NEW GAME MEDIA

* Chaos;Child is one of the cooler looking visual novels coming to the Vita in Japan. Here is a new trailer.
N8BOOIE.jpg

*Here is a new trailer for the upcoming trap simular Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess from Koei Tecmo. Looks awesome. Heading to the Vita digitally on July 14th & 17th (NA and Europe respectively).
Deception-IV_05-15-15.jpg

*New screens and a character trailer have been released for the upcoming awesome looking visual novel adventure Steins;Gate for the Vita. (Reminder - hitting Europe on June 5 and sometime after for the NA version).
Steins-Gate_2015_05-20-15_002.jpg_600.jpg

Steins-Gate_2015_05-20-15_003.png

Steins-Gate_2015_05-20-15_004.jpg_600.jpg

Steins-Gate_2015_05-20-15_005.png

Steins-Gate_2015_05-20-15_006.jpg_600.jpg

Steins-Gate_2015_05-20-15_007.png

Steins-Gate_2015_05-20-15_008.jpg_600.jpg

RELEASE DATE UPDATE

* Octodad: Dadliest Catch is coming *realllllly* soon to the Vita - next week! Original developer Young Horses is getting the support of Sickhead Games in bringing it to the Vita next week for $15 (US price). The game will be cross buy with the PS4 version, new trophies over the PS4 version and the ability to play co-op locally on one device. Here's a video of the Vita version being tried out.
17251197684_19418e2c6e_b.jpg

LOCALIZATION UPDATES

* Samurai Warriors 4-II (thanks Shizuka!) is being localized by Koei Tecmo and will release in Europe on October 2nd (NA release date likely to be announced soon). Here's the announcement trailer.
10914978_10153231046906163_7940992600624244742_o_thumb.jpg

11289379_10153231046921163_8324250891357188105_o.jpg

11312763_10153231047156163_4280568993974025304_o.jpg

10989228_10153231047571163_6128183907751054693_o.jpg

11312761_10153231047626163_8648681667607654359_o.jpg

*More Samurai goodness coming in English, thanks to Koei Tecmo yet again (and Shizuka for bringing it up!) - Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 is coming out in English digitally this June (24th in Europe, TBA for NA release).
SWC3-West-June.jpg

Moobabe

What are the Warriors games like on Vita performance wise? The last I tried was some Dynasty Warriors that had shitty touch screen elements that ruined the game for me :(

What are the Warriors games like on Vita performance wise? The last I tried was some Dynasty Warriors that had shitty touch screen elements that ruined the game for me :(

thats dynasty warriors next, thats the only game that did that, so none of the follow up games use touch screen or motion gimics

I am getting Deception IV: NP and I knew Warriors 4-II was coming, now I I'll be scooping up Chronicles 3 as well (thanks Shizuka). Tecmo-Koei putting in work.

EDIT: Forgot some.

So looking over that's 5 games I'm" purchasing from Tecmo-Koei.

-Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
-Samurai Warriors 4-II
-Samurai Warriors Chronicle 3
-Ar No Surge Plus
-Land of No Light

...wish Sony would release a 128gb card.

NDPsycho

No 64gb card? Not that I'd blame you given the price.

They might be like me. I don't buy much digitally. I will buy any physical vita releases though. I think I'm down to missing just 4 sports games from NA. I've got my preorder in for Ar Nosurge, but that'll be it for me. I wish they would at least do more of that with NISA. Give us a small run. It doesn't have to be a large retail release. I'm sure it's not a large profit, but it is sales that they're missing out on.

On that theme. Is there a good or reliable list that tracks releases that are physical. I utilize the wiki list, but that doesn't help much with recent or impending releases.

I understand them releasing more things digitally, there's next to no Vita presence in brick and mortar stores. I've all but given up on physical vita games at this point :(

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for the new update, Fady K.

That Octodad footage looks great, I hope it comes out looking that good, would be amazing.

Wiggy

Anyone see this on reddit?

An IOS dev measuring demand for putting his DayZ clone (currently in alpha) on vita. What are everyones thoughts? I think it could be good and the early footage shows some promise.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

An IOS dev measuring demand for putting his DayZ clone (currently in alpha) on vita. What are everyones thoughts? I think it could be good and the early footage shows some promise.

It totally needs better animations and feedback when hit something(like when cutting a tree), but it's just in Alpha, it has potential and vita needs some more realistic/western looking zombie game, i'm not interested in multiplayer games but i hope it comes to vita anyway.

Thanks Takao.

They might be like me. I don't buy much digitally. I will buy any physical vita releases though. I think I'm down to missing just 4 sports games from NA. I've got my preorder in for Ar Nosurge, but that'll be it for me. I wish they would at least do more of that with NISA. Give us a small run. It doesn't have to be a large retail release. I'm sure it's not a large profit, but it is sales that they're missing out on.

On that theme. Is there a good or reliable list that tracks releases that are physical. I utilize the wiki list, but that doesn't help much with recent or impending releases.

I hear where you're coming from, I typically go after physical as well if the option is available. All things considered though, I'll take a digital copy of a game over no game at all if that's what it comes to. As far as your question, I think there was a poster who was working on something like that but I can't remember the thread he/she was in nor if they even updated it since then.

If you add all Gust and Koei Tecmo releases, chances are you'll fill a 64GB memory card just with those soon enough.

Oh no doubt, that's why I am still hoping for Sony to release bigger memory cards, as a KT fan it's gravy to see them support the platform so well.

CamHostage

Koei Tecmo gave us some good news, two new Musou games. I'm disappointed though, that the Nobunaga's Ambition game is only coming to the west on PS3 and PS4 and PC despite there also being a Vita version. This isn't really my franchise personally, but Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence (aka Nobunaga no Yabou: Souzou) on Vita was customized with touch controls (including pinch-zoom from landscape to close-up battles as well as swipe-commanding) and we don't have something like that here of this scale on Vita yet. Maybe there's still a chance later since the underlying engine seems common across platforms, at least similar enough that cross-play is featured between the PlayStation systems.
(Makes me wonder what something like Eugen Systems' IRISZOOM engine would look like on a portable...)

t03.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zs7AG92lR0

(*Sorry, this thread is usually full of good cheer for Vita fans, I didn't mean to bring a bummer to it.)

Koei Tecmo gave us some good news, two new Musou games. I'm disappointed though, that the Nobunaga's Ambition game is only coming to the west on PS3 and PS4 and PC despite there also being a Vita version. This isn't really my franchise personally, but Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence (aka Nobunaga no Yabou: Souzou) on Vita was customized with touch controls (including pinch-zoom from landscape to close-up battles as well as swipe-commanding) and we don't have something like that here of this scale on Vita yet. Maybe there's still a chance later since the underlying engine seems common across platforms, at least similar enough that cross-play is featured between the PlayStation systems.
(Makes me wonder what something like Eugen Systems' IRISZOOM engine would look like on a portable...)

t03.jpg

(*Sorry, this thread is usually full of good cheer for Vita fans, I didn't mean to bring a bummer to it.)

I don't know what the chances of this are (I guess it depends on the success on the other platforms) but the Vita version also released ~6 months later than the others in Japan. Just saying.

t03.jpg

Well, there's always a slight possibility of it coming to Vita digitally if the home console versions pan out. If Eugen Systems is the developer I am thinking about (RUSE, Wargame, AoA, etc.) then yeah it would be sick as hell to have one of their games on the Vita.

eFKac

I'll take anything that does not look like the games in Fady's updates on this page so yeah bring it on! (hopefully some things get ironed out when it goes out of Alpha though, looks rough)

Shinriji

Koei Tecmo gave us some good news, two new Musou games. I'm disappointed though, that the Nobunaga's Ambition game is only coming to the west on PS3 and PS4 and PC despite there also being a Vita version.

Souzou with powerup kit will release on vita later this month in Japan, but vanilla Souzou wasn't released for vita. Only Tendou was released day and date with the PS3 version.

Koei Tecmo gave us some good news, two new Musou games. I'm disappointed though, that the Nobunaga's Ambition game is only coming to the west on PS3 and PS4 and PC despite there also being a Vita version. This isn't really my franchise personally, but Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence (aka Nobunaga no Yabou: Souzou) on Vita was customized with touch controls (including pinch-zoom from landscape to close-up battles as well as swipe-commanding) and we don't have something like that here of this scale on Vita yet.

I think there's a bit of confusion here. The Vita version of this game hasn't even released yet - I think it's coming out in a week in Japan. So there's still a decent chance of us seeing it in the west eventually.

Holy cow @ the number of games still coming for this system, as niche as some of them may be. No doubt this system will be fondly remembered and pretty big in the collectors market in the future.

Top Bottom