• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Calling it now - Fady's OP and this thread will sell more Vitas and games than any of Sony's "marketing" efforts for the platform in all of 2015. Pretty sad that GAF does what Sony don't.

Moobabe

You too, love you my Chelsea bro <3 <3 As you expected, I was *crushed* when we lost to Spurs in *that* manner. Our defense was capable of far more than that. I must say it was hilarious seeing them draw to Burnely and then lose to Crystal Palace after defeating us. I had a feeling them defeating us had a lot more to do with our defense being drunk than them being great :p Was happy to pay Newcastle back and City to draw against Everton ^^ Love your list, great taste in football and gaming confirmed.

Adding you up on PSN tonight mate :D

I did catch your response Fady! Sorry - been a hectic week with illness and long work hours!

If we can beat Swansea this weekend I'll be happy - I think City will drop points against Arsenal this weekend too. Then the small matter of Liverpool home and away in the cup.

Yeah - my PSN is the same as my username on here.

Thanks to this thread through I've been doing a lot of reading about a lot of these games, and learning a whole lot about them.

Like Gyossait - it's a short (ish) "legendary horror platforming game" (Developer's own words...) that's out on Desura on PC at the moment. Seemed an odd pick up for the Vita, but why not?

Does anyone have any info about this Citizens of Earth game? Their website is awful! IS it supposed to be any good - I've seen them namedropping Mother and Earthbound.

Edit -

Also I got in touch about Space Hulk for the Vita (screenshots, videos etc) and all they have so for is a WIP box art. They do have a tentative release date though: 29 May 15 (if you wanted to add it into the OP)

Fady K

Good day to all of you guys, I too long with the update, I know, but I promised it'll be nice and so here it is! A lot of of content below from announcements, trailers, previews as well as updates to the OPs. By the way, you guys have already rocked the thread 8 pages in, I love the Vita community here, so peaceful and friendly and helpful <3 <3 <3 You guys alone are worth working on all this content for. Without further ado:

THREAD UPDATES

*For new releases and games that are coming soon, I added extra info for you guys to keep things more descriptive than before - who the publishers and developers are, the genre of the game and a small description about the game, as well as release dates. Not bad, eh ;)?

*The Get Off My Lawn has been fixed. Thank you guys for catching that!

*For new releases, I started mentioning if they are exclusive.

*Cier No Surge Offline screenshot fixed (thank you Maid!)

*A table of contents now exists along with codes to help you guys get to sections of the first page more easily. Hope it helps :D

*I noticed some requests for smaller thumbs on the main page, I will work on that soon as it will take some time.

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

*I have totally missed the announcement of this post-apocalyptic sci-fi visual novel/point & click hybrid called Exogenesis: Perils of Rebirth (thank you Funyarinpa and thelongestj!). The most exciting thing about this game is that it is inspired by two excellent portable adventure series, Zero Escape and Ace Attorney. Here is the trailer and a link to the website to learn about this game that is a result of kickstarter success.
ex8eemZ.png

* Blood Alloy: Reborn has been announced for the Vita. It is inspired by the metroidvania games but on a smaller scale, where you play as a cyborg called Nia Rhys, who uses blades, guns, and a jetpack to fight robots. There is an arcadey feel to the game where combo multipliers are involved. Here is a lengthy gameplay video.
4hTni4n.jpg

*Sayonara Umihara Kawase, the Japanese e-Shop hit on the Nintendo 3DS is coming to Vita with an updated version with the subtitle "Chirari".For those who know the DS version, what's new? New enemies and enemy placements, new stages on top of the 50 stages from the 3DS version, enhanced graphics and framerate (60fps), this comes out in Japan on April 23rd. Btw, the Vita version will also include the original game from the Super Famicom.
xhhdqEf.jpg

*For the few of you here into Japanese light novels, 5pb announced a new one centered around dating (based on an anime and light novel series) called Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend: Blessing Flowers. The game is set for release in Spring 2015 in Japan.
l_54acbc332817e.jpg

saenaikanojonosodatekata_1501087.jpg

saenaikanojonosodatekata_1501085.jpg

saenaikanojonosodatekata_1501082.jpg

*Another anime-based game is coming: Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons tr. - thanks Shinriji - (which is being developed by the co-developers of Freedom Wars, Shade), an mech action shooter which is set to hit Japanese vitas this Spring. Check out the trailer.
ggV5j6U.jpg

* White Robe Love Addicition is an upcoming adventure game for Japanese Vitas. As per gematsu.com, the game "stars heroine Asuka Daiko, who has just entered nursing school. It depicts a story of friendship as its heroines make their way to becoming full-fledged nurses."
eS0ygeg.jpg

*Konami's latest iteration in its' series of baseball games Pro Yakyuu Spirits is coming to Vita with Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2015 (Thanks Shinriji!). As per gematsu.com, the game "will use 3D scans for the player and coach models for the first time in the series, as well as offer more realistic facial expressions and movement."
edtG85H.jpg

LOCALIZATION NEWS

*Xseed Games recently registered the domain for Corpse Party: Blood Drive (OMG) and this may be very, very promising news indeed. The game is out on Japanese Vitas and looks awesome and if you haven't played the first two on the PSP go buy them and play them now haha. They are both digital only and available for purchase from the Vita store too!
original.jpg

NEW RELEASES

*Fat Princess - A Piece of Cake (Dev - Sony Santa Monica / a free to play puzzle spin on the Fat Princess franchise, in the form of a strategic match-three game). Out of nowhere, this game is out now haha.
FtYRxg8.jpg

* Atelier Ayesha Plus is out now *exclusively* for the Vita. This RPG from Koei Tecmo and Gust is an updated version of the PS3 game (dual audio, new bosses, new costumes, a Hard mode, and the ability to change party members at any time). By the way, those who purchase the game before February 10th will get bonus costumes. Interested? Check out the launch trailer.
YL0wCQT.jpg

*Brandish the Dark Revenant (PSP, Vita compatible, Pub - Xseed Games / Dev - Nihon Falcom / top-down dungeon crawling action RPG, exclusive to PSP/PSV). Here is the launch trailer.
image-thumb215.png

*Joe Danger: The Movie (Dev - by Hello Games of No Man's Sky fame and Four Door Lemon / 2D biking platformer hybrid loaded with challenges and great levels)
q0xsLDb.jpg

* Shake Spears! has been out in the EU store for some time, but now it is on the NA store as well. For those who don't know, Shake Spears is a 2D joust battle game that is free to play.
c8YASbX.jpg

COMING REAL SOON

*Citizens of Earth is an Earthbound-inspired colorful RPG developed by Eden Industries and is being published by the lovely Atlus where you play as a Vice President of a nation after his campaign victory. Those who purchase the game during launch week will get a 20% discount. The game will come out on January 20 and 21! Here are some screens.
VP-House-980x400.png

2617883-1200865663-bgPl6.png

Citizens-of-Earth-2460591-vpsbedroom.png

*CALLING ALL ADVENTURE GAME FANS - the upcoming Grim Fandango: Remastered is a MUST if you are an adventure gamer. A must, you hear me? Praised as one of the best adventure games of all time, this Lucasarts classic is brought back to life through Sony and Double Fine in this updated port with improved (really improved!) lighting, dev commentary, sharper graphics, a new orchestral soundtrack, more control schemes and more. Already played the 1998 classic? Play it again on the go with all the extras. You can pre-order the game now for a free dynamic theme on the PS4. Go go go :D Comes out on January 27th!
022a334eeef162d2eb1cfa7a72c94045956df9bf.jpg

GAME UPDATES

*The very first Shantae game for a Playstation portable device, Shantae: Half Genie Hero has succeeded on Kickstarter more than developer Wayforward expected. Effectively, as Siliconera says, "this means Half-Genie Hero will be twice the size originally intended. It will have five chapters (instead of 3), plus intro and ending stages. It will also let you play as Shantae, Risky Boots, Sky, Bolo and Rottytops. Additionally, Shantae will get Ninja, Beach wear and Patty Wagon outfits.
shantae_thumb.jpg

*The expanded port of last year's amazing trap simulator on the Vita Deception IV: Blood Ties, Kagero: Dark Princess has more info to it now. The game will bring back protagonists from the previous games in the series as villains. In addition, the game will include many new updates that makes this version worthy of a double dip: a new quest mode (adds 100 new quests), a new protagonist, reintroduction of past traps, a customizable dungeon mode and for the first time in the series the protagonist will get to directly attack enemies. The game even pays tribute to Tecmo's once popular Monster Rancher franchise:
deception01.jpg

NEW MEDIA

*For those who missed it, Koei Tecmo's very promising-looking Toukiden Kimawi will be released in English on March 31 2015 - digital and retail! Here is a new trailer as well as a very detailed preview courtesy of the excellent PS Blog.
16094529419_4756465381_o.jpg

15663813244_0636f94a92_o.jpg

* Salt & Sanctuary is easily one of the coolest looking upcoming Vita games. It comes from developer SKA studios and is a 2D game that mixes elements from Castlevania and Dark Souls. Interested? Check out this 13 minute gameplay trailer!
Salt-Sanctuary-Gameplay_01-07-15.jpg

*What was once dubbed Project Scissors (the spiritual successor to the amazing Clock Tower horror games on the PSone among other platforms from the same director), is now known as Night Cry . Here is a new teaser trailer, directed by the renowned Japanese director of The Grudge. The game is being developed by Nudemaker, developer of the awesome Nintendo DS RPG, Infinite Space.

*Ackk studios have shown a brief gameplay clip of their upcoming indie RPG Y2K.
9Sf9sWc.jpg

Y2K-East-Mainstreet-Brief-Look.jpg

*As some of you may have heard, Volume is the upcoming stealth game for the Vita from Mike Bithell, who developed the cult hit Thomas Was Alone on the Vita. Here is a new trailer which also features the voicework of actor Andy Serkis (Gollum in the Lord of the Rings movies, Kong in King Kong, Ceasar in the Planet of the Ape movies, the Prestige, starred in the console games Enslaved and Heavenly Sword) who will play the villain the game.
volume.jpg

*Compile Heart released a couple of new videos of their upcoming Vita RPG, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation, which itself is a remake of the PS3 RPG Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2. Here are the new clips.. In NA regions, the physical and digital versions of the game come out on January 27th. In EU regions, February 6th for retail and February 11th for digital. Enjoy!

*Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart, the first Strategy RPG in the Hyperdimension series has some new screens and a clip of the battle system.. Coming to Vita in digital and physical form in the February 27th (retail) and March 4 (digital).
ss-035.jpg

ss-030.jpg

ss-033.jpg

ss-025.jpg

ss-027.jpg

*Criminal Girls: Invite Only from NIS America will be here in less than a month and the company released a new trailer for it. As per RPG's fans preview, "the title tasks players with guiding 7 girls, currently serving time in an all-women prison in hell, through a redemption program to save their souls". Coming in digital and physical form on February 3rd (NA) and February 6 (EU).
ss-018.jpg

ss-017.jpg

ss-013.jpg

* Sword Art Online: Lost Song is the latest entry of the relatively successful Sword Art Online series for Bandai Namco. RPG Fan put up a nice preview of the game detailing the characters and plot. Here is a new Japanese trailer as well some screens and artwork below. The game will hit Japan on March 26 and should come out in English based on Bandai Namco's comments as well as the surprising success of the last Vita outing (sold nearly half a million copies worldwide!! 450,000 copies sold. Successful in Europe and NA too). The game's developer has also been revealed as ArtDink (makers of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z)
SAO_Character_Seven.jpg

SAO_Character_Rein.jpg

SAO_Character_Sumeragi.jpg

*The Stranger of the Village of the Sword: Black Palace is a Japanese dungeon RPG that many vita fans here loved for the art style. While the game has no English version yet (Japanese version didn't come out yet either), here is a new trailer for you all to enjoy.
1393560329-6.jpg

*The upcoming Samurai Warriors 4-II (scheduled for release on February 11 in Japan) has a new trailer of one of the playable characters.
Cchz7cd.jpg

*Kaga create is bringing an update version of the Japanese classic visual novel When Higurashi When They Cry to the Vita as announced previously. This time however we have a trailer to show for it. This version has full voice acting, additional music, new character illustrations and an option to skip scenes. The game comes out in Japan on March 12.
cZxuWKV.jpg

*Siliconera have posted a new preview of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth . If you want to know more about the plot and premise of the game, have a look. The game will release in Japan on March 12. Here are some new screens and artwork:
020_thumb.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

018.jpg

*Durarara!! Relay, the upcoming game from Kadokawa Games based on the anime has new screens. Game will hit Japan on January 29.
drr05.jpg

drr03.jpg

drr02.jpg

*The upcoming Mega-Man inspired 2D platformer from Comcept and Inti Creates, Mighty No. 9 is not looking as great as everyone expected, but here are new screens for you to judge on your own:
no7_11.png

no7_10.png

no7_o8.png

* Captain Earth: Mind Labyrinth , Bandai Namco's upcoming Japanese adventure game based on the anime of the same name, will be released on Japanese vitas on February 26. Here is the new trailer.
Captain-Earth-ML-OP-Movie.jpg

*The upcoming Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus has some new screens out:
Shiren-the-Wanderer-5-Plus_2015_01-07-15_001.jpg_600.jpg

Shiren-the-Wanderer-5-Plus_2015_01-07-15_002.jpg_600.jpg

Shiren-the-Wanderer-5-Plus_2015_01-07-15_003.jpg.php

Shiren-the-Wanderer-5-Plus_2015_01-07-15_004.jpg_600.jpg

*Here is a new trailer for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (which is being localized by the way).
p2ynWiz.jpg

*Two new TV Spots for God Eater 2: Rage Burst are out. Enjoy ^^
r3oLq65.jpg

*I totally missed out on Spongebob Heropants , an action adventure game based on the TV series which is in development by Behavior Interactive (maker of the Naughty Bear games) and will be released on Feb 3 2015 in NA regions and March 2015 in Europe.
nOoyFtR.jpg

*The sequel to Lego Ninjago Nindroids, Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin will be hitting the Vita. More updates will be added when they are available.
sMAgeZh.png

SPECIAL EDITIONS

*Atelier Escha and Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky Plus is coming out in Japan on January 22nd with a really nifty special edition. Check it out as well as some screens.
Atelier_Escha_Logy_Limited_sm.jpg

ss-073.jpg

ss-070.jpg

ss-028.jpg

*SEGA will be releasing two Yakuza Zero-themed Vitas on February 26. While the latest Yakuza game is only PS3/PS4 bound, a companion app will be released for the Vita and, of course, you can play it on your Vita through remote play if you have the PS4 version.
Yakuza-0-PSV-PSTV-Ann_001.jpg

Yakuza-0-PSV-PSTV-Ann_002.jpg

SALES UPDATE

*The NA best sellers on the Vita for the month of December (digital) are as follows:

1 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
2 Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment-
3 The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
4 Child of Light
5 Terraria
6 Don&#8217;t Starve: Giant Edition
7 Hotline Miami
8 Freedom Wars
9 Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
10 Soul Sacrifice Delta

WITHE1982

Good day to all of you guys

Fady your dedication and hard work on all things Vita is admirable. I'm just loving this thread so much I can even forgive you for having a Chelsea avatar... just... well maybe not.

Calling it now - Fady's OP and this thread will sell more Vitas and games than any of Sony's "marketing" efforts for the platform in all of 2015. Pretty sad that GAF does what Sony don't.

I agree. He's probably made Sony around £300 from me alone. So many must have games this year.

Another awesome update, and yet again my wallet cries since I'll be getting that Yakuza themed Vita and PSTV alongside many of those other games. Out of that bunch I can't wait to get Mighty Number 9 since I'm an enormous Mega Man fan. From what I played of the beta the graphics won't amaze but the gameplay is excellent as expected and that's exactly what I wanted from the game.

I suggest the title of this thread be changed to "Sony PlayStation Vita |OT| Shrek Is Love, Shrek is Vita".

This thread is more than a games index now, it's transcended thread-ity, it is now a noble hub and the gathering place of any and all that is Vita.

TL;DR:
Amazing job, Fady. <3

Fady K

I wanted to share a picture of my wife and I's Vita collection :D (sorry for the poor quality). I still need to pick up some titles, namely Tales of Hearts R and Freedom Wars <3

QJBAQYi.jpg

Thank you so much for the kind words RadarScope1, i'm really flattered! It is a shame that the Vita is not getting enough marketing by Sony itself as this thread shows the potential it has!!

I did catch your response Fady! Sorry - been a hectic week with illness and long work hours!

If we can beat Swansea this weekend I'll be happy - I think City will drop points against Arsenal this weekend too. Then the small matter of Liverpool home and away in the cup.

Yeah - my PSN is the same as my username on here.

Thanks to this thread through I've been doing a lot of reading about a lot of these games, and learning a whole lot about them.

Like Gyossait - it's a short (ish) "legendary horror platforming game" (Developer's own words...) that's out on Desura on PC at the moment. Seemed an odd pick up for the Vita, but why not?

Does anyone have any info about this Citizens of Earth game? Their website is awful! IS it supposed to be any good - I've seen them namedropping Mother and Earthbound.

Edit -

Also I got in touch about Space Hulk for the Vita (screenshots, videos etc) and all they have so for is a WIP box art. They do have a tentative release date though: 29 May 15 (if you wanted to add it into the OP)

No problem at all Moobabe! Always lovely to read my fellow Chelsea bro's messages :D Are you ok now? What happened?

Yes! Likewise. I think Siggurdsson won't make it for the match and we know by now that Bony, their deadliest player, is not a Swansea player anymore. I think City may drop points but not against Arsenal due to Debuchy, Arteta, Wilshere and Welbeck being injured. But hopefully Sanchez will have the game of his life ^_^ If we beat Liverpool in the capital one semis we'll get to play Tottenham again and hopefully show them the real CFC this time.

I added you on the PSN by the way :D Let's stay in touch and play some co-op sometime.

It's awesome to see that this thread was helpful to you :)!! If you ever had any questions or suggestions, let me know ^^

That's what I love about the Vita, almost anything works, such as Gyossait like you said.

Citizens of Earth is looking pretty nice! Check out my update above :D It does seem to take its inspiration from Earthbound very much. The game should come out in a few days and during the first week it will be sold at a discounted price. I suggest you wait till some impressions pour in the first few days ;D

I'll add that actually to Space Hulk, many thanks my bro :D Hope you enjoy today's mega update!

Fady your dedication and hard work on all things Vita is admirable. I'm just loving this thread so much I can even forgive you for having a Chelsea avatar... just... well maybe not.

I agree. He's probably made Sony around £300 from me alone. So many must have games this year.

Haha, thanks WITHE1982 ;D What about you? What club do you support (apologies, couldn't tell for sure from your avatar!). As long as you're not Manchester United I'll wish you the best :)

I'm just glad to see you loving this thread! Feedback is welcome anytime, hope you loved the update too :D

Holy shit!

Nice update @Fady. Loved the summary of all things Vita related. Keep it up :)

Thank you so much DarkLordMalik, you're so kind :D I had a feeling you guys would enjoy the update ^^ I'll work on providing smaller updates on a more regular basis for you guys to enjoy. One thing is for sure, I'll make sure you are up to date about ALL the latest Vita updates :D

Another awesome update, and yet again my wallet cries since I'll be getting that Yakuza themed Vita and PSTV alongside many of those other games. Out of that bunch I can't wait to get Mighty Number 9 since I'm an enormous Mega Man fan. From what I played of the beta the graphics won't amaze but the gameplay is excellent as expected and that's exactly what I wanted from the game.

Thanks a lot Shadowman16 :D!! That Yakuza Vita does look nice. What color you going for? I look forward to MN9 as well as I enjoyed plenty of Mega Man games, my favorite being Mega Man X8 on the PS2 <3 Gameplay is the most important part so that is great to hear :D

Thank you for doing this man!!! Love my vita so much :3

You are most welcome vicnorris! Enjoy the thread bro, more to come in a few days :)

Great update. Fingers crossed that more bitesized games, a la Luftrausers, are coming. Great for the commute.

Thanks mate! We definitely have a lot of bitesized games to look forward to :D

Sayonara Umihara Kawase is a 3DS game, btw.

Thanks for the info Pikma! I'll update it.

Nice work on the update Fady!

A retail release for the new expanded version of Toukiden- will wonders never cease :D

Thank you so much redcrayon ^^

And yes, I wasn't expecting a physical version either <3

I suggest the title of this thread be changed to "Sony PlayStation Vita |OT| Shrek Is Love, Shrek is Vita".

This thread is more than a games index now, it's transcended thread-ity, it is now a noble hub and the gathering place of any and all that is Vita.

TL;DR:
Amazing job, Fady. <3

Man, you're so awesome funyarinpa, many thanks! Glad you're loving it. I love the posters in this thread, the majority of them are so nice :D! Easy to stay motivated for such a thread when all of you guys are so appreciative.

Thanks a lot Shadowman16 :D!! That Yakuza Vita does look nice. What color you going for? I look forward to MN9 as well as I enjoyed plenty of Mega Man games, my favorite being Mega Man X8 on the PS2 <3 Gameplay is the most important part so that is great to hear :D

I'm going for the white one, I think it brings out the tattoo designs on the rear better compared to the black one.
I've always personally been more of a fan of the older Megaman games (MM1-6 on the NES and MMX 1-4) and I think MN9 does a good job of jumping between the two styles. At heart it feels like one of the classic games but the dash attack among other things gives it an "X" feel.

maouvin

I wanted to share a picture of my wife and I's Vita collection :D (sorry for the poor quality). I still need to pick up some titles, namely Tales of Hearts R and Freedom Wars <3

Oh gods what happened to Sackboy's eyes?

Also, digital collections feel so boring after seeing something like this~

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

TL;DR:
Amazing job, Fady. <3
Seriously can we just do this already? This thread has made it 9 pages without being moved back to community. Maybe the mods woudn't mind the name change and glorious return of the Vita thread.

Looks like Namco Bandai's developing an 'adventure RPG' based on Tokyo Ghoul.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-17/tokyo-ghoul-gets-ps-vita-game/.83381

PljzkT6l.jpg

QJBAQYi.jpg

Beautiful! <3 I might try and get a shot of my collection tomorrow.

Also, I can't believe I haven't actually posted in this thread until now! Been browsing it for days. Incredible dedication as always Fady, such a pleasure seeing your updates and replies in here.

gotta pay 500 yen for the sega games but other than that it's free

Totally worth it just for Columns. (And I guess that's a demo on Monkey Ball Banana Splitz thrown in?)

Takao

Banned
Totally worth it just for Columns. (And I guess that's a demo on Monkey Ball Banana Splitz thrown in?)

It's just called Super Monkey Ball Special, but that definitely looks like the Vita game. Kind of sticks out too, since Yakuza 0 is supposed to take place in the 80s ...

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Gotta finish the original Toukiden before Kiwami's released. Still stuck on some solo missions. Haven't really tried though.

bobohoro

Gotta finish the original Toukiden before Kiwami's released. Still stuck on some solo missions. Haven't really tried though.

You don't have to. AFAIK you can transfer your save data to Kiwami and it lets you start off where you left it in the original, together with better gameplay balance, new weapons and a hopefully renewed online population.

This is AWESOME! Thanks for this!! I'll come here whenever I have no Vita games to play.

Right now, next on my list is The Unfinished Swan and Guacamelee. After that i'm probably coming here for suggestions.

*For those who missed it, Koei Tecmo's very promising-looking Toukiden Kimawi will be released in English on March 31 2015 - digital and retail! Here is a new trailer as well as a very detailed preview courtesy of the excellent PS Blog.
16094529419_4756465381_o.jpg

15663813244_0636f94a92_o.jpg

This game looks interesting but I'm wondering what system to get it for. Right now the only place I see to order it is Gamestop and there is a $20 price difference between the PS4 & Vita version. Was this game originally a Vita game that is being porterd to PS4 or the other way around?

I'm trying to understand why there is a $20 price difference or is this just Gamestop being Gamestop and pricing every PS4 game at $60. Hopefully Amazon gets a listing soon.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
You don't have to. AFAIK you can transfer your save data to Kiwami and it lets you start off where you left it in the original, together with better gameplay balance, new weapons and a hopefully renewed online population.

Well, cool.

Mista

Banned
All I want currently is Steins;Gate, some good VN's, a gameplay of Tokyo Ghoul's adventure RPG game and a lot of RPG's!

Great thread Fady. Thank you.

I'm impressed by how Stranger of the Village of the Sword: Black Palace looks. It's one of the few games with an art style that I don't find completely off-putting. I'll hold out hope for that and Project Scissors.

This game looks interesting but I'm wondering what system to get it for. Right now the only place I see to order it is Gamestop and there is a $20 price difference between the PS4 & Vita version. Was this game originally a Vita game that is being porterd to PS4 or the other way around?

I'm trying to understand why there is a $20 price difference or is this just Gamestop being Gamestop and pricing every PS4 game at $60. Hopefully Amazon gets a listing soon.

Vita (and PSP) originally, ported to PS4. That said, it's an incredibly good looking game on Vita so it should scale up nicely.

In regards to the pricing, that's business as usual for Tecmo Koei. Dynasty Warriors 8 and Deception IV were the same: Vita version $40, console versions $60.

Maid

Banned

It has always been like that. New Vita games always start at $40, PS3 is $50 and PS4 is $60.

Tizoc

Exogenesis to feature voice actors from Team Four Star is amazing, what's the ETA on that game again?

Exogenesis to feature voice actors from Team Four Star is amazing, what's the ETA on that game again?

The ETA was Q4 2014 IIRC, but according to the KS updates, the port from Ren'Py to Unity was a bit troublesome (which was a stretch goal).

In short, I don't think we currently have an ETA.

Tizoc

The ETA was Q4 2014 IIRC, but according to the KS updates, the port from Ren'Py to Unity was a bit troublesome (which was a stretch goal).

In short, I don't think we currently have an ETA.

Well best of luck with the project, I'll keep an eye out for it and likely double dip on PC+Vita ver.

Fady K

I finished Sine Mora on the Vita recently (for any fan of sidescrolling plan shooters like Gradius, pick this up now :D) and Another World 20th Anniversary Edition (an updated version of a 1991 2D adventure game that is frustrating in parts but unique too).

Now I'm going through Escape Plan, a very, very charming and great looking 2D puzzle game that utilizes a lot of the Vita features. So far so great! Can't believe I missed this at launch.

I'm going for the white one, I think it brings out the tattoo designs on the rear better compared to the black one.
I've always personally been more of a fan of the older Megaman games (MM1-6 on the NES and MMX 1-4) and I think MN9 does a good job of jumping between the two styles. At heart it feels like one of the classic games but the dash attack among other things gives it an "X" feel.

Nice, really cool looking Vita all in all, congrats in advance Shadowman :)

That is nice to hear; we should be getting Mighty No. 9 real soon too!

Oh gods what happened to Sackboy's eyes?

Also, digital collections feel so boring after seeing something like this~

HAHA, I just noticed! Camera quality was poor so it doesn't show his eyes well ^^

I try to pick up a physical copy of a game instead whenever possible ;D Love me some small Vita cases! (Plus it really helps with having more free space on the memory stick!)

Fady - I will say it again. Thank you for your dedication to this thread. You are awesome.

You are most welcome DaveTheSnake, your appreciation is appreciated and motivational for me. You guys are the nicest bunch on the forum :)

Colin Moriarty just mentioned this thread on the Kinda Funny twitch stream.

Nice catch bro! That is awesome to hear ^^

Darn, I don't have nearly enough money for all this awesomeness

I'll be happy to help if you ever need recommendations to help you manage your purchases ;D

Here are some screenshots from the Yakuza 0 companion app:

gotta pay 500 yen for the sega games but other than that it's free

Thanks Takao! Is owning Yakuza 0 necessary to have access to the app?

Seriously can we just do this already? This thread has made it 9 pages without being moved back to community. Maybe the mods woudn't mind the name change and glorious return of the Vita thread.

Here's to many more pages of awesomeness and Vita loving <3

This thread is amazing, thanks for all the effort.

Thank you for visiting and appreciating it mate! More to come in the next few days, stay tuned and enjoy :D!

Looks like Namco Bandai's developing an 'adventure RPG' based on Tokyo Ghoul.

Beautiful! <3 I might try and get a shot of my collection tomorrow.

Also, I can't believe I haven't actually posted in this thread until now! Been browsing it for days. Incredible dedication as always Fady, such a pleasure seeing your updates and replies in here.

Thanks a lot Infernal Monkey, I'll add it to the list. Bandai Namco is a very good supporter of the Vita ^^

I'm honored you like the pic of my collection <3 Would love to see yours too! Oh, and it sure is nice to see you in this thread ;D You've been so helpful in the last thread and really added to it, thanks a lot and looking forward to providing you and the guys here with a lot of lovely updates every few days :)

This is AWESOME! Thanks for this!! I'll come here whenever I have no Vita games to play.

Right now, next on my list is The Unfinished Swan and Guacamelee. After that i'm probably coming here for suggestions.

Awesome! Glad you passed by, more to come every few days, stay tuned and let us know whenever you need suggestions :D

Your next 2 games are great from what I've heard! Enjoy :D

All I want currently is Steins;Gate, some good VN's, a gameplay of Tokyo Ghoul's adventure RPG game and a lot of RPG's!

Great thread Fady. Thank you.

You're most welcome Snake :D More to come in the next few days. Let us know if you need any recommendations ^^

I wish more of the games that interested me were physical.

Me too!

I love this thread! Thanks for keeping it up.

You are most welcome Windforce :D Enjoy! More to come soon.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Man, I love this thread! I've been following quite a few Vita games, but this thread has reminded me of how many games I let slip through the cracks! So many upcoming games! It's frigging amazing.

I do the vast majority of my gaming on my Vota and 3DS, so multiplats and ports have never been an issue for me. I've been working on my Vita backlog, but I have too many games.

Also, buy Freedom Wars, people. It's a fun, beautiful game with a compelling premise and really satisfying combat. A little grindy, but I think it works well within the context of the narrative.

Top Bottom