• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Dangit, just caved and got Donkey Kong for 100 coins, and can't redeem because of maintenance!

This is really putting the brakes on my impulse decision. =(

Don't ya hate it when you finally decide to get something and then can't for some reason? Store's closed, out of stock... Maintenance.

This is really annoying me, I want to buy Order Up for $5, WHY WON'T YOU LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY?! :(

Jarsonot

This is really annoying me, I want to buy Order Up for $5, WHY WON'T YOU LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY?! :(

Right? What's worse for me is - I've already "spent" the coins. I can't use this downtime to sober up and realize maybe I don't want the game. I bought it! Just can't GET it. Blarg!

Have they announced the Platinum gifts yet? Sorry for asking so late, first year I have actually used club nintendo, as I bought a 3DS and Wii U last holiday

EDIT: And is Donkey Kong worth it? Only 100 coins is very tempting.

zroid

Banned
the only question you should be asking is if 100 coins are worth $3.99

because Donkey Kong 94 is well worth either and then some.

Lucent

Yeah, I'd rather pay the 3.99 then use 100 coins which are much harder to obtain.

Pretty much. Though there's not much to really use the coins on at the moment for me besides the nice bags (I got a blue one for my XL and I love it). They do have some nice surprises on occasion.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I paid cash day one but I much prefer buying games with coins when at all possible. I get around 2k coins a year and don't like any of the physical rewards besides gold nunchuck and 3DS cases.

Drago

I bet Platinum will be all their extra Year of the Luigi coins that they made.
Would manage to be even more disappointing than playing cards, but they're already giving out pins in a sweepstakes for Luigi U so it probably won't be that.

I paid cash day one but I much prefer buying games with coins when at all possible. I get around 2k coins a year and don't like any of the physical rewards besides gold nunchuck and 3DS cases.

Yeah, my thoughts as well. I'll make it back, I've yet to buy Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, or Project X Zone, not to mention the WIiU first parties coming in the second half of the year.

nYBxC9y.png

C'mon Nintendo, don't be stupid. Give me that $30 credit.

We should have more details on Thursday right?

Oh wait, you have to buy TWO games for the $30 credit?

Both games that I don't want?

No thanks.
You don't want SMT and FE? Why do you even own a 3DS?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thursday would be the most likely date. Though maybe Atlus' "very cool announcement" might be related to it, considering SMT4 is also part of the promo.

Register both to get FE:A item in SMT4?!

Lucent

lol @ people jumping on oatmeal because he doesn't want Fire Emblem or SMTIV. Though it is kinda crazy because FE is great and SMTIV looks great, too.

If I get the $30 credit I might use it on Dream Team. That'd help with my decision on how to handle August since there's so much coming out and it'd be hard to choose just one thing.

donny2112

FE is bigger than SMT, so this is probably designed to get FE fans to buy SMT. As such, it should include Day 1 purchasers of FE. As others have said, probably trying to increase SMT fans in the FE world to support the future crossover Wii U game.

L Thammy

I already have the retail version of Fire Emblem. Can I download Megaten digitally and still get the credit? Assuming it's available at all in Canada (and that I don't need to play Megaten 1-3 first).

Right? What's worse for me is - I've already "spent" the coins. I can't use this downtime to sober up and realize maybe I don't want the game. I bought it! Just can't GET it. Blarg!

For your penance, you can post about how Donkey Kong is worth both your Coins and the wait.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It was probably that announcement Atlus was gonna make, but was accidentally put up sooner than it was suppose to. In any case, I'm prepared to get FE:A with GS credit if retail versions are included when I pick up my pre-order of SMT4.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Possibly, but Atlus stressed to register your Club Nintendo code that comes with the retail copy of the game, so it's still up in the air if retail counts or not. Plus it WAS stated as a Club Nintendo offer, not an eShop offer.

K' Dash

I just realised, because of this thread, that my survey for animal crossing expires today, almost lost 50 coins, already happened with Donkey Kong, I was used to register the retail code when I felt like doing the survey, I don't like these deadllines for DD...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
this is probably digital.
which means its pointless for me.

Actually almost all of the 3DS eshop promotions like this have used physical or downloadable versions. Most of them reward games as digital downloads and this one will be a 30 dollar credit.

The free game promotion with purchase of a 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion or PMD counted both. The buy a lot of games and the MH promotion in Europe did too.

That and the picture of both games was a retail box.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
To add to the theory that retail copies count, on the Atlus forums, the admin mentioned you should really register your code, possibly referring to the offer. It'd be rather weird if he was referring to just the eShop. Not to mention "not just for our benefit" could be referring to FE:A.

If this is true, I feel like an idiot for cancelling my SMT IV pre-order. I could've gotten the game, register the CN code, sell it, buy FE:A awakening with SMT IV's money and get the extra $30...fuck.

Is there any way to undo this as Future Shop's website? :(

Clipper

Looks like you can order digital codes internationally via Best Buy, so I think I might go with that, once the offer is revealed properly.

zroid

Banned
if they do not include previous buyers... I feel really dumb for registering... my FE:A code

Someone raised a good point that it seems like they are aiming to encourage the FE crowd to give SMT a try. If that's the case, they would certainly include earlier registrants. So hopefully.

Also, I like how this has taken our minds off of the elite rewards. Clever girl, Reggie.

Javier

I just hope the offer lasts for a reasonable amount of time. I won't be getting SMT4 at least a week after release (stores in my country get it a little later), and I don't want to go digital for this game since I want that juicy Deluxe Retail Edition.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hopefully, it'll last until the end of the month. That'll give people 2 weeks, which should be a decent amount of time for copies to arrive in the mail for those who ordered online & such.

In any case, hoping we'll hear the official announcement tomorrow or so, seeing as it's been "leaked". Not to mention to settle once & for all if it's digital, retail, or both.

Sweet, I get 30 bucks for buying two games I was gonna get anyways. Guess I can finally get the rest of that Fire Emblem DLC I didn't get yet. And have some money for any over priced SMT IV DLC they decide to put out. :p

Makes paying 50 bucks for SMT more bearable. And show Nintendo that SMTxFE has a viable audience. Plus I wanna support as many good JRPGs as possible. I'm tired of good JRPGS not being localized or almost not being localized. Never want another Operation Rainfall. Almost didn't get Xenoblade, that's unacceptable lol

chrono01

I have my Fire Emblem: Awakening Club Nintendo code un-used since I was already at Platinum when I purchased the game, and wanted to save it for 2013~2014 Platinum instead. It sounds as though waiting was a good idea, as I already have SMTIV pre-ordered.

Either way, I'm sure if you have FE:A registered and pre-order/register SMTIV within the time-frame, that you'll be entitled to the $30 credit. It wouldn't seem fair to those who already registered the product.

DasMarcos

Banned
My godddddd. What has this thread turned into! We should be discussing the latest prizes...not this 30 dollar deal being leaked early. X)

I will hop on dat deal though, as long as I can retroactively submit my FE software for it!

iphys

Hmmm, Club Nintendo is unavailable due to site maintenance. Is this a standard weekly thing, or does this mean they're putting the rewards up?

Hmmm, Club Nintendo is unavailable due to site maintenance. Is this a standard weekly thing, or does this mean they're putting the rewards up?
ITS HAPPENING!

Too bad I'm going to bed. It should've been up on July 1st. I better get a $20 eShop credit as a option. (lol no.)

Top Bottom