• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

cacildo

It's that time of the month again. I'm hoping for something good. (nope)

Yay! That time!

urbannys3k.jpg

for those unaware, this is obviously fake. These are not this month´s rewards, but simply the monthly Urban Champion joke
Having to explain it every month takes half the fun. But its necessary so people dont think its real (is it really necessary still?)

Velcro Fly

Why is the intend to buy for Bayonetta 2 physical edition gone already?... I still see the download version.

for me that is showing up on the very last page, after the download version.

also all these no image available things are showing up and i'm afraid i might miss something i was going to ITB. I suppose with shit rewards it won't matter if i miss 10 here or there

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, why are there so many Intend-To-Buy games that have no image? Hell, they don't even tell you the name of the game unless you're logged out.

randomkid

Well, time to decide if I really wanna spend all those coins on a Wii version of Super Punchout, this would be so much easier if I had thousands of coins like some of you folks.

For some reason I'm more willing to trade some spare Steam keys I've got for the game than spend a few coins, even though I've already had to waste expiring coins last year and don't anticipate much else of value will be put up this year. I don't really understand how that makes sense but that's how I feel ha.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New rewards, up until Nov. 16th:

Wii U:
  • Wrecking Crew (NES, 200 coins)
  • Kirby's Dream Course (SNES, 200 coins)

Wii & Wii U:
  • Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (NES, 200 coins)
  • Maboshi's Arcade (WiiWare, 250 coins)

3DS:
  • Donkey Kong (NES, 150 coins)
  • 3D Classics: Kid Icarus (3DSWare, 200 coins)
  • Kersploosh! (3DSWare, 150 coins)
  • Brain Age Express: Math (DSiWare, 200 coins)

Davey Cakes

I'll never EVER redeem Donkey Kong. I refuse. No, Nintendo. No. BAD NINTENDO!

The rewards are okay. Kirby's Dream Course is solid. Zoda's Revenge is underrated.

Nothing worth getting excited about though. Then again, I kind of have a hard time telling what an "exciting" digital reward would be anyway.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is Kersploosh the prequel to Splatoon?
DROPPING ROCKS DOWN A WELL: THE VIDEO GAME.

....actually, it's rather decent, but short. You can choose between multiple objects that each have their own stats & try to get down one of 10 different wells as fast as you can while dodging obstacles. I guess the best way to put it is imagine Star Fox, but it's all about dodging.

For 150 coins, I'd say it's worth it if it sounds like your thing. Only negative is that, again, it's short and for a game based on getting a fast time, there's no online leaderboards.

Already have Dream Course physical, 3D Classics Kid Icarus for pre-ordering Uprising, & don't care for the rest.

May snag Kirby, don't think I will ever play it but I might. Used to play it when it came out. Also might take Kid Icarus, never really played it but would be neat to mess with a 3D classic

Davey Cakes

Wow @ dem games ;/

Also the lack of physical goodies.....still hoping :(
Are we even going to get more physical goodies? I won't be surprised if Nintendo is going digital only from now on.

In fact, this being the last Club Nintendo year wouldn't surprise me either. Unless Nintendo is planning to do the complete opposite and actually re-launch the program going off the momentum of the holiday season?

It's weird because, when really good (even if expensive) rewards go up, they sell like hotcakes. Remember the gold nunchuk? If this reward program isn't a success it's because the prizes just aren't particularly appealing.

If they put up the same SNES Classic Controller that Club Nintendo EU got, the thing would probably sell out in no time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
kersploosh was supposed to be alright tho.. right?

think i'll get it
See my post above. It kind of has that mobile or portable gaming feel to it, since you can boot it up, play a level or two, and then continue on with whatever it was you were doing/waiting for. Perfect for short play sessions, as it's not meant to be blasted through in one or two game sessions.

rjc571

Banned
Kersploosh sucks. Bad framerate and bad controls. Maboshi's Arcade, on the other hand, is an excellent package containing 3 fun and highly addictive puzzle games. Don't overlook it!

iphys

When you click on the NES Donkey Kong image, it actually shows it's for Game Boy Donkey Kong, which is a much better game if it's true.

Griss

Just had this feeling that we were about to start getting terrible games, so I spent all my coins over the last two/three months on Paper Mario, F-Zero X, Kirby Super Star and Super Punch-Out. Looks like I made the right decision!

Seriously though, this month is an abomination.

Platy

Ouch at the virtual console games =|

But Kersploosh! is the PERFECT club nintendo game to me : I want to play it but not enoght to want to spend money on it xD

Finally, a game I kinda want that I don't already have.

I guess since CN will not put more physical rewards, I'll just spend them on the few digital gams I don't own that come along. (Now watch them put something up, but I think we aredone besides something like the Smash CD.)

I will be the proud owner of a 2014 Kerploosh. I feel so happy!
$3 = 150 Coins is BS tho. But with no physical stuff may aswell...

Top Bottom