• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Will cop both Wii U titles today for my birthday.

It's not a great slate of games, but oh well. I have lowered my expectations finally.

Yes, & it's $1.50 to upgrade SNES titles. I would download the Wii VC version just to be safe so it knows it's on the system.

If you upgrade it to the Wii U VC version, you'll get about 15 points since you're spending $1.50 to upgrade it. I got 10 points for upgrading Gradius on NES to the Wii U version.
Sorry for all the questions, but to upgrade the game to the Wii U version, will the shop recognize the Wii version and that's how it knows the right price to pay?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sorry for all the questions, but to upgrade the game to the Wii U version, will the shop recognize the Wii version and that's how it knows the right price to pay?
Yes, since the game is on the system & in your history or whatever, it'll know & thus change the price accordingly. I had a spare 500 Wii points left over, so I bought Gradius through the Wii Menu & Shop Channel, let it download, then I went to the Wii U eShop & the price was changed.

I transferred all my VC titles from the Wii to Wii U & despite not having them installed on the system (well I backed up the games on my SD card), it still knew that I previously bought the games since they were tied to the same account.

& think I'll contact Nintendo first about my DDP question. I've got over 1,000 coins, but I don't want to spend them if I'm only getting 15 points.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yes, you should see a little pink discount icon.

I don't know how they continually manage to do it, but there's yet again nothing I want. Impressive.

daripad

Ok I think I'll get Kid Icarus and Mario Kart and upgrade for WiiU version. Or is Metroid any good? At least better and faster than Metroid II?

maxcriden

Ok I think I'll get Kid Icarus and Mario Kart and upgrade for WiiU version. Or is Metroid any good? At least better and faster than Metroid II?

I like the first two Metroids. I don't know that Metroid I is any faster than II, but it is a bit of a bigger game.

--

Anyone played KI: OMAM?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

I love the game, but that's just me.

The main thing about Metroid vs Metroid II is while both games lack a map Metroid is in color so it's easier to figure out where you are and going vs Metroid II where everything looks the same with the GB screen.

cacildo

Also thinking about 1080, so i can upgrade* in the future

skeleton-computerq8a5v.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So redeeming these Wii U games gives us DDP points?
Yes, if you got, for example, Metroid & redeemed it, it'd give you 49 points, similar to the other NES titles. I actually won a code for MH3U and it gave me the 599 points.

I got Kirby's Avalanche 2 months ago & then Pilotwings last month just so I could get the 79 points from each of them.

daripad

lol it is painful to go to club nintendo and it asks me everytime that I can redeem my Smash soundtrack...I don't live in the US ;__;

I love the game, but that's just me.

The main thing about Metroid vs Metroid II is while both games lack a map Metroid is in color so it's easier to figure out where you are and going vs Metroid II where everything looks the same with the GB screen.

I like the first two Metroids. I don't know that Metroid I is any faster than II, but it is a bit of a bigger game.

Ok, I think I'll grab Metroid and wait for SMK on WiiU later

Yes, if you got, for example, Metroid & redeemed it, it'd give you 49 points, similar to the other NES titles. I actually won a code for MH3U and it gave me the 599 points.

I got Kirby's Avalanche 2 months ago & then Pilotwings last month just so I could get the 79 points from each of them.

Yup whatever it would cost you without the coins, that's what you get for the DDP.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
& think I'll contact Nintendo first about my DDP question. I've got over 1,000 coins, but I don't want to spend them if I'm only getting 15 points.
Out of curiosity, I just checked the transactions on my DDP page for the games I've upgraded. You will definitely only get 15 points.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Don't buy the Kid Icarus GameBoy game...

That game sucks. Definitely not as good as the NES game. Don't waste your coins.

I'm tempted to pick up the NES Metroid since I'm overflowing with points, but if it's going to be included in Zero Mission anyway (as it is in Japan's VC) whenever it shows up, I wonder if I should bother. $5 of value isn't going to make a difference to whether I hit one last DDP target before the promotion concludes at the end of the month.

Roto13

What games do you guys want to see on there? Because it seems like a lot of you guys just go "meh" every month like it's not meeting your expectations. I want to know what those expectations are.

Lexxism

What games do you guys want to see on there? Because it seems like a lot of you guys just go "meh" every month like it's not meeting your expectations. I want to know what those expectations are.

They were probably expecting Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 etc ;)

i-Jest

Might just cop Dream Land 3 and Super Mario Kart. Would be awesome if Club Nintendo offered Kirby's Return to Dreamland as a physical prize.

jb1234

Games I want would be great. ;) Part of it is my fault because I didn't get on the Club Nintendo train until later and missed games like Super Metroid.

hazukash

I was tempted by 1080° Snowboarding and Super Mario Kart, but I didn't fall for neither. I wouldn't play them. I own the GBA MK already and it's essentially an SMK remake. I only have a mild interest in 1080° as it was well-received in the N64 era. I have the feeling my 1300 coins will be redeemed for a great reward soon enough anyway.

-Horizon-

Before I make the jump, got a question about the smash posters. How's the quality? Clear? Not cheap feeling
paper? Does it feel worth the 700 coin plunge?

I'm gonna rage hard if they release something FEA related right after.

Converse

Banned
Shitdicks, I forgot to get codes for Metroid II and Tokyo Crash Mobs. Oh well, just cashed in a few for Metroid.

As a PSA, Whoah Dave! from Choice Provisions (formerly Gaijin Games) is currently on sale in the 3DS eShop for 99 cents. I just picked it up and got a 10-point product registration survey on Club Nintendo.

Top Bottom