• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

-Horizon-

Welp, just spent 700 coins. Now I only have 25 left. I for one cannot wait to see Nintendo put up new posters of Lucina and/or Robin to make me rage :D
;~;

Roto13

I don't mind if the Platinum prize is a game again this year, as long as there's a selection of good games. Wouldn't put it past them to just stick $4 Virtual Console games in there.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
But when those Colorful Charging Cradles, Luigi Statues, Amiibo sets, and rare Wii games go up for Platinum rewards what will you say then? HHHMMM?? :p

I'll say "why does Japan get all the cool shit?". :_:

Davey Cakes

Is it just me or is the game reward pricing nonsensical?

SNES game is the same price as a NES game and both are priced less than another SNES game that's only being offered for Wii Mode (and thus has to be upgraded).

zroid

Banned

SNES game is the same price as a NES game and both are priced less than another SNES game that's only being offered for Wii Mode (and thus has to be upgraded).

basically they charge more for Wii U games

edit: but you're right lol, it's like they swapped the prices of Dream Land 3 and Mario Kart

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

I mentioned that in the Club Nintendo thread. The Wii games are 50 coins more than the Wii U. I was like lolwut Nintendont care.

cacildo

Always fun to notice how N64 games look A LOT better on Wii than on the original N64

I mean, at least i think they do, because i dont have a cartrige copy of 1080 or Wave Race to make a comparsion right now.

But really, putting the VC N64 games side by side with some real N64 games.... its night and day (almost literally, because the N64 games get so dark running in the real machine its almost night)

lol it is painful to go to club nintendo and it asks me everytime that I can redeem my Smash soundtrack...I don't live in the US ;__;

Ok, I think I'll grab Metroid and wait for SMK on WiiU later

It's worse for me man- I have both SSB3DS and SSBWiiU, but the 3DS was from the English version produced for Saudi Arabia/Singapore/UAE, so it doesn't have a Club Nintendo code. I'll have to pay for the DLC even though I bought both games :'(

vazel

Banned
Always fun to notice how N64 games look A LOT better on Wii than on the original N64

I mean, at least i think they do, because i dont have a cartrige copy of 1080 or Wave Race to make a comparsion right now.

But really, putting the VC N64 games side by side with some real N64 games.... its night and day (almost literally, because the N64 games get so dark running in the real machine its almost night)
I think N64 VC games are rendered at 640x480 whereas original N64 games usually ran at 320x240.

cacildo

I think N64 VC games are rendered at 640x480 whereas original N64 games usually ran at 320x240.

The N64 emulation is pretty solid.

Sad that it never saw more releases on Wii VC. Even sadder that it doesn't yet exist on Wii U.

I really think ill stop passing Wii N64VC games on club nintendo (but they only offer 3: Wave race, 1080 and Mario 64, i think)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, a VC reward that HASN'T popped yet that I don't have?? Guess I'm getting Metroid for WiiU! Previously it was only available for 3DS, but I like my VC on console.

_woLf

Before I make the jump, got a question about the smash posters. How's the quality? Clear? Not cheap feeling
paper? Does it feel worth the 700 coin plunge?

I'm gonna rage hard if they release something FEA related right after.

The posters are really nice quality, they're kinda a weird material. Feels more plastic or laminated. I like them.

Sapiens

How's the emulation on Kirby3? I recall the SNES game does some weird stuff with the hardware (this is according to byuu of bsnes fame).

jholmes

How's the emulation on Kirby3? I recall the SNES game does some weird stuff with the hardware (this is according to byuu of bsnes fame).

It's perfect so far as I can tell. The gameplay is still garbage but the graphics look great. What were the problems supposed to be?

I've never gotten a Wii game from Club Nintendo before, and I don't own a Wii. Can I get the Wii version of Super Mario Kart and upgrade it to the Wii U eShop version? How do I do it?

Roto13

I've never gotten a Wii game from Club Nintendo before, and I don't own a Wii. Can I get the Wii version of Super Mario Kart and upgrade it to the Wii U eShop version? How do I do it?

Redeem it in Wii mode and you'll be able to buy the Wii U version for $1.50 or whatever it costs.

Nairume

Banned
Plug the code into the code redemption part of the Wii shop and download the game.

Once you do that, the WiiU can read the download ticket, and the WiiU version will be discounted on the eShop.

Welp, just spent 700 coins. Now I only have 25 left. I for one cannot wait to see Nintendo put up new posters of Lucina and/or Robin to make me rage :D
;~;

The posters aren't that bad, they also came pretty fast from what I remember. I can't really explain it but they feel laminated and are pretty thick, I like it.

donny2112

Got a new Bonus Survey in CN due tomorrow (12/18). Mainly focusing on amiibo (e.g. how well we know what it is, what games use it, good/bad about it, etc.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now I kind of wish we could register amiibos for coins on CN.

.....or a special amiibo as a Platinum reward.

-Horizon-

Got a new Bonus Survey in CN due tomorrow (12/18). Mainly focusing on amiibo (e.g. how well we know what it is, what games use it, good/bad about it, etc.)
Ahhh, didn't get one :/

So, do you need to have the system registered in order to add a game to Club Nintendo?
No, you don't need the system registered to register games.

Unless its a digital game. Then before that happens, you needed to have linked your system to club nintendo anyway.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
No, you don't need the system registered to register games.

Unless its a digital game. Then before that happens, you needed to have linked your system to club nintendo anyway.
Hmmm.... weird. Anyone know why a code wouldn't be accepted in Club Nintendo (without even showing an error message - the page simply refreshes)?

And yes, this is definitely an eBay code, but I figured if it was invalid or already used, a specific error message would come up.

teeg

Hmmm.... weird. Anyone know why a code wouldn't be accepted in Club Nintendo (without even showing an error message - the page simply refreshes)?

And yes, this is definitely an eBay code, but I figured if it was invalid or already used, a specific error message would come up.

In my experience I've found that happens when you have already previously redeemed that game on Club Nintendo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sees EU gets Mario Golf brand golf balls*

Man, I think I'm more jealous of the fact their CN gets updated with more items compared to ours, which only gets games switched out each month. What was even the last physical reward that was added before the SSB posters?

MarkusRJR

They seriously need to add new rewards. I have 1410 coins because they keep stacking up with nothing to spend them on. I feel like they'll probably expire before they get any decent rewards. :/

zigg

They seriously need to add new rewards. I have 1410 coins because they keep stacking up with nothing to spend them on. I feel like they'll probably expire before they get any decent rewards. :/
I just figure I'll go on a digital spree if I get close to that point. I think the physical era is over.

Top Bottom