• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So, you got one of those little Club Nintendo cards with your cardholder case? I didn't get one this time for some reason. Got a peach one with that retro Mario shirt I got once.

Yep I got the Toad card telling me thanks for my order and stuff! :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
You need to have the one with the Wii and Wii U version.

And then a n3DS one just as a joke.

AjDlWls.png

You need to have the Wii one cost more coins than the Wii U one, just to rub it in :p

hazukash

I hope they have Kirby Super Star as a reward for Wii U. From CN rewards I have gotten Kirby 3DS, Kirby Blockball, Kirby Dream Course, and Kirby's Dreamland 3. More Kirby is always good.

Getting more Kirby games from CN is pretty much my goal too. I'm aiming for a complete Kirby game collection. I'm only missing Avalanche, Block Ball and Star Stacker and those are definitely potential monthly rewards.

DaBoss

I hope they have Kirby Super Star as a reward for Wii U. From CN rewards I have gotten Kirby 3DS, Kirby Blockball, Kirby Dream Course, and Kirby's Dreamland 3. More Kirby is always good.
Kirby Superstar for Wii U was a reward for August or September, not sure which.

Was gifted a 2ds from Target and don't have the insert for the Club Nintendo pin. This is my first time getting a Nintendo console in a long time...is the serial number the pin? Or did I not get an insert? All I have is the Nintendo 2DS manual booklet (the bound black & white booklet) and then the MK7 Code I redeemed fine. No club Nintendo mention anywhere.

Edit: North American 2DS

Was gifted a 2ds from Target and don't have the insert for the Club Nintendo pin. This is my first time getting a Nintendo console in a long time...is the serial number the pin? Or did I not get an insert? All I have is the Nintendo 2DS manual booklet (the bound black & white booklet) and then the MK7 Code I redeemed fine. No club Nintendo mention anywhere.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you have to link the console to Club Nintendo using the actual 2ds in the settings.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you have to link the console to Club Nintendo using the actual 2ds in the settings.

Oh really...let me see about that. On the CN website, it asks for a PIN. Although, I already linked my e-shop and NNID to CN. I got the points/surveys for Mario Kart and Super Mario Land, both which I download digitally

Oh really...let me see about that. On the CN website, it asks for a PIN. Although, I already linked my e-shop and NNID to CN. I got the points/surveys for Mario Kart and Super Mario Land, both which I download digitally

I just looked it up and there should in fact be a CN insert, if you don't have one you're probably screwed. 2DS's are only worth 100 though so.

EDIT:
scPyCYI.png

You sure you don't have a slip hidden somewhere in the box or stuck between the manuals or something?

I just looked it up and there should in fact be a CN insert, if you don't have one you're probably screwed. 2DS's are only worth 100 though so.

EDIT:
scPyCYI.png

You sure you don't have a slip hidden somewhere in the box or stuck between the manuals or something?

That sucks. I'm guessing maybe someone realized it was a 2DS and figured they'd return it. The console was clearly not touched, so it isn't that big of a deal. I just wanted to get started with Club Nintendo...I guess customer service wouldn't help, would it? I sent an e-mail.

And yeah, I checked all I have is the box, the booklet and the MK7 slip.

If it was a new purchase, Nintendo's support should be able to help you, yeah. May try giving them a call, if you don't hear back in a day or two. Phone call shouldn't take long to straighten it out. :)

Awesome!! It was sold at Target as a new product. So I should be good then.

Also, does anyone know which free games/apps on the e-shop give you Club NIntendo coins? I remember seeing a post where someone mentioned that there were a few different free things to download that gave you coins or post play surveys, I think. Unless I'm just crazy.

fernoca

As a recent 2DS owner, I can confirm there's no insert.

If you:
#1. Put the serial number at the Club Nintendo site and
#2. Went to the eShop and tied that unit to the Club Nintendo account (though I'm not sure if you can link multiple units now through the NNID);

...and still no luck, then you should contact support, give them the serial number and Club Nintendo stuff and they'll add it.

As a recent 2DS owner, I can confirm there's no insert.

If you:
#1. Put the serial number at the Club Nintendo site and
#2. Went to the eShop and tied that unit to the Club Nintendo account (though I'm not sure if you can link multiple units now through the NNID);

...and still no luck, then you should contact support, give them the serial number and Club Nintendo stuff and they'll add it.

Oh really...I'll try that right now. I want to get Platinum this year. So I'll take any coins I can get. Thanks for letting me know.

EDIT: It still wants a PIN, the Serial Number worked sort of for the warranty. It said something about waiting 48 hours to see if the console is eligible (wtf?) and then it asks me for a PIN to get the coins.

maxcriden

IIRC it was just one pretty recently, so it might be a while before it is again. (You're not missing out, though. ;) DL3 is much better!)

fernoca

Oh really...I'll try that right now. I want to get Platinum this year. So I'll take any coins I can get. Thanks for letting me know.

EDIT: It still wants a PIN, the Serial Number worked sort of for the warranty. It said something about waiting 48 hours to see if the console is eligible (wtf?) and then it asks me for a PIN to get the coins.
That's weird.
I know for sure mine didn't had an insert, only the cards, instructions and Mario Kart 7 code.

Wait...
I did had to call Nintendo but because I was transfering my NNID from a previous unit I had. Since I had to give them the new serual number and other info, guess they registered it too.

So, looks like you might have to call them. At least it wasn't a missing or stolen insert. :p

That's weird.
I know for sure mine didn't had an insert, only the cards, instructions and Mario Kart 7 code.

Wait...
I did had to call Nintendo but because I was transfering my NNID from a previous unit I had. Since I had to give them the new serual number and other info, guess they registered it too.

So, looks like you might have to call them. At least it wasn't a missing or stolen insert. :p

Thanks. I'll call them.

cacildo

I spend most of my coins last month getting wiiu games i didnt want (hi kirby i hate you) just to get another Ddp code

And im glad i did it. I miss you, DDP

I spend most of my coins last month getting wiiu games i didnt want (hi kirby i hate you) just to get another Ddp code

And im glad i did it. I miss you, DDP

I did the same.

Picked up Tetris and Kirby. They put me over the edge for that final $5 that I just used towards Super Mario Galaxy.

I miss DDP.

Megasoum

Banned
Now that I just bought a WiiU, I'm actually interested in Club Nintendo stuff.

When do game changes generally? Every month?

Do Wii games on Club Nintendo work with the WiiU if I go to the Wii mode?

Ondore

When do game changes generally? Every month?

Do Wii games on Club Nintendo work with the WiiU if I go to the Wii mode?

- Monthly, and today happens to be the day
- Yes, and if they're Wii games that are available on Wii U you can upgrade them to full Wii U games for a buck (NES)/$1.50 (SNES).

maxcriden

The site says "until jan 19th" wich includes today as a day the games are available. no new games till tomorrow.

But, they're usually updated midday so today they'd still be available...I thought...no? Maybe I'm misremembering. Ah well. Something CN-related to look forward to seeing tomorrow, though I'll keep my expectations low.

Nairume

Banned
But, they're usually updated midday so today they'd still be available...I thought...no? Maybe I'm misremembering. Ah well. Something CN-related to look forward to seeing tomorrow, though I'll keep my expectations low.
They update around midday on the day after the day listed, so, yeah, we'll get it around tomorrow.

Top Bottom