• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Well this sucks :/

EDIT: By the way, can I link a second Wii U to my Club Nintendo account? I have a family account set up, would I need to use one of those accounts?

I've registered two Wii Us to the same account (without resort to family accounts) and earned 320 coins with no trouble. In both cases, however, I am pretty sure the systems were linked to my CN via my NNID when I logged into the eShop (I moved my NNID from one system to the other). I don't know if this will work if you are just punching in the registration codes normally.

boiled goose

good with gravy
set that the program is ending but hopefully it is for the best. The program is broken. Hopefully this means the new reward program will be completely linked with Nintendand not be a separate things again. unified accounts please!

Dammit, missed the part about the additional rewards next month and bought the 3DS game card case... While I'd like the case, I'd much rather have those 400 coins on hand come next month, just in case... I filled a support form asking if they can cancel/refund me, hopefully they will.

Blues1990

I can't even log on to my Club Nintendo Account, even though it's 2:13 AM right now.

Hopefully, they will add some soundtracks (PLEASE LET IT BE THE 'Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Official Soundtrack!' Please....)

SystemUser

I can't even log on to my Club Nintendo Account, even though it's 2:13 AM right now.

Hopefully, they will add some soundtracks (PLEASE LET IT BE THE 'Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Official Soundtrack!' Please....)

I am logged in right now. They haven't updated physical yet. There is actually one less than yesterday.

Grill-Off with Ultra Hand!Grill-Off with Ultra Hand!80 coins
Mario & Luigi Greeting CardsMario & Luigi Greeting Cards300 coins
Nintendogs Greeting CardsNintendogs Greeting Cards300 coins
Nintendo 3DS Game Card Case - Pikmin / Super Mario Bros.Nintendo 3DS Game Card Case - Pikmin / Super Mario Bros.400 coins
NES™ Remix 2 T-ShirtNES™ Remix 2 T-Shirt700 coins
Super Smash Bros. 3-Poster Set

i-Jest

Gonna have to get around to redeeming my leftover codes this week. They finally have Super Metroid again. Was the Wii U version ever available on CN?

I expect some heavy traffic on the site at the end of the month as people scramble to get stuff at the last minute or prepare for February's rewards.

What's Japan's replacement rewards program like? Would it be a fair assumption that the next program will be modeled on that?

EDIT:

My mistake. I was under the impression CN Japan was already replaced by something else.

If it means they're actually going to add in some good physical rewards in the next couple of months then I'm all for Club Nintendo going down in flames.

Thoraxes

Alright, if I can find my missing codes I should be somewhere near 2500 coins. I forgot where I put them before I traded the boxed copies in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well crap. Part of me is glad to get that NES Remix 2 shirt now, but damned if they don't put something amazing up out of my price range. I also guess this explains why Majora's Mask 3D didn't have an intend-to-buy survey.

Now I REALLY hope the Platinum reward is good this year & they have something special for those who managed to get Platinum all 7 years.

I guess now's a good time as any to ask if anyone has any spare codes of the following games they'd like to kindly donate:

- Nintendo Land (had no idea bundle was separate & did the intend-to-buy survey)
- DKC Tropical Freeze
- New Super Luigi U
- Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
- Bayonetta 2
- Captain Toad

Giard

Hoping the next Wii downloads still give out coins; SMG2 gave me 20 and I'm missing 40 to reach Platinum.

First year of being a Club Nintendo member is also my last. :(

kennah

Got the game case. Need one anyway, will register my 3ds and other couple codes. Likely getting a wii u before expiry anyway so there might be something good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, I just realized, will this affect the Mewtwo DLC in any way, considering it's out in Spring? Granted, seems there'll be some kind of new loyalty program to replace it, so maybe they'll give it out then.

Edit: "In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015."

So basically, we get our Gold/Platinum reward 3 months early, but thye're STILL digital games....well, hopefully the selection will be good. Still holding out for something special for those who were Platinum every year.

I have so many unregistered games, yikes. Looks like I have my work cut out for me this weekend.

Are DS and Wii codes still useable? I have a bunch of unregistered DS and Wii games too.

Sad day. Im like 200 coins from Platinum, but from reading their site it looks like its just going to be another downloadable game year. I can't wait to blow out my 1400 or so coins on stuff though...

I bet they switch to a loyalty program that is just linked to your account on the system. Easiest way to avoid cheaters and code scalpers. I remember people here n gaf saying that people would just take them from friends and family and register multiples of the same game. Its probably stuff like that that made it too much to handle for Nintendo. Having to give all those people free stuff.

Gartooth

Added up the hypothetical coins from the games I haven't registered. Looks like I'm going to manage sneaking on by around 50 coins more than is required to get Gold. Not even upset about not hitting Platinum after last year.

Boogiepop

Well, guess I have a good bit of registering to do. Also, craaaaaaaap at the confirmation that the Platinum is going to be digital again. I just barely managed to squeak by in finding something I didn't own in there last time. I guess here's hoping I get lucky. Also, craaaaaap on the Japanese side ending too! I was banking on Club Nintendo Picross+ eventually showing up as a purchasable reward there!

Also, damn, I already have all those digital games!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So I should have about 1000 coins, so worst case I just buy out all the Wii/Wii U games. Hopefully they have some nice Physical Rewards though. Glad they are still going to give out an Elite Reward, I was worried they would just not do it this year.

So for the new games that just went up today, will they still grant coins once downloaded? I'm guessing yes since they were released on VC well before today?

Tom_Cody

I was able to get the Pikmin 3DS case which is the last item I was excited about. I already own all of the currently listed VC games.

I have six codes set aside that I've been meaning to enter and a handful of minor surveys. I guess I'll just wait and see if anything else gets posted before the end.

wiibomb

Oh I remember about 3 or 4 years ago that I was desperately looking for Club Nintendo codes in my collection for the plat reward, now that I see about the end of CN I makes me think I will have to go and do the same...

somehow I have a little hope that this last time they will give good rewards

Here's a few codes for peoples how misses some points to be platinum members:

Nintendogs+Cats (don't remenber wich version) : BV7WGR9MLYUR77
Mario Kart 7: 8WGQY2YY5GJL6C
New Mario 2: WA2Q2Z974XH6NC
Nintendogs+Cats (not the same as the first one) : 4XMEV4RR9MN6EG

Enjoy :D

Thanks! I was 1 game away from it and took your 2nd Dogs+Cats code. YOU RULE.

With the DDP and Club Nintendo fully ending around the same time and Iwata teasing some sort of loyalty program, i think we're going to get something really neat soon. (Around e3 maybe?

With the DDP and Club Nintendo fully ending around the same time and Iwata teasing some sort of loyalty program, i think we're going to get something really neat soon. (Around e3 maybe?)

E3 seems like the obvious time to announce it, especially since the program ends on March 31, very soon before E3.

I'm trying not to get excited but I'm hoping for something like PS+ where we pay a flat fee and get seriously good benefits. I'd also love a Netflix-style Virtual Console service that allowed me to play any retro game whenever I wanted.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, hoping I'll still get coins for Punch-Out on Thursday. I've got 450 coins after getting the NES Remix 2 shirt. Wouldn't mind getting up to 600 to 700 coins just to be safe for Feb.

Was tempted to nab Nintendogs, but I'll let someone who isn't platinum get it. Plus I'd rather aim for codes I listed earlier since they're ones I did Intend-To-Buy surveys. Appreciate the code giveaway, though.

How is Wario Land 2? I'm considering picking that up to push me to platinum and to get rid of some coins.
Probably my favorite of the series and a great platformer for the GB with tons of alt paths to unlock.

Top Bottom