• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Grym

What the hell?! I was trying to register my Wii Sports Resort code and its appearing as used already? Or maybe its expired?

I tried this with Wii Fit and the same thing happened.

According to the eligible product listings, I think Wii Sports Resort has expired. (I realize there is a listing for "Wii/Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort" but that is for a 100 coin registration so I think that must be a console + pack in bundle or something). I looked in my history and the registration for WSR was only 50 (plus the extras for postplays and intent to buy)

Wit Fit on the other hand is still on that list so I'd think you should be able to register it...

vall03

I tried this with Wii Fit and the same thing happened.

Expired I think

Too bad I guess, I was checking the Eligible list and saw that it would give 100 Coins but it didn't work. But then again, I remembered there was a Wii bundle for it so it might be that.

Anyway, I was so worried on how to get the coins to reach Platinum since Majora's Mask and Etrian Mystery Dungeon won't give me coins and then I remembered some of my old Wii and DS games that I haven't touched and their codes worked! I actually still have some games here so I guess I'm getting a hundred or more additional coins. Here's hoping the February rewards are good.

Do we know what day rewards go up?

If not, I hope you guys are as prepared as I am to be a nervous wreck all through next month not knowing when rewards are going up and worrying about missing out on them.

If not, I hope you guys are as prepared as I am to be a nervous wreck all through next month not knowing when rewards are going up and worrying about missing out on them.
I'm dorky enough to have written a little script that loads https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do every 15 minutes, looks to see if the content in the meat of the page has changed, and texts me if it's been touched.

You could try to use a service like Follow That Page, Versionista, Visual Ping, etc. to do something similar for you when the list of rewards is updated. (It'll only work if those services are smart enough to ignore all the session stuff that Club Nintendo includes in their code, though.)

SystemUser

I wonder when NoA will flip the switch. I have seen speculation in this thread that people think it might not be Saturday midnight when February starts.

What time did they post the Club Nintendo closure? Wasn't is something like 12:37 am?

Do we know what day rewards go up?

I'm too busy worrying about new Amiibo pre-orders or I would be worrying about this too.

I hope the rewards don't go up WW til like mid-February.

Also, it's a shame to have to tick another box for NOA incompetentcy. I mean, the end date for registering games in all regions is 3/31(?), yet NOA cuts off new games eligibility on 1/20--so, only stuff like Galaxy 2 earns you coins. And stuff like Kirby Rainbow Curse contain no codes (while apparently, in Japan/EU it does).

NOA could have at least waited until the registeration deadline hits before halting on putting codes in games that release beforehand.

maxcriden

I'm dorky enough to have written a little script that loads https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do every 15 minutes, looks to see if the content in the meat of the page has changed, and texts me if it's been touched.

You could try to use a service like Follow That Page, Versionista, Visual Ping, etc. to do something similar for you when the list of rewards is updated. (It'll only work if those services are smart enough to ignore all the session stuff that Club Nintendo includes in their code, though.)

Is this code available for public use, perchance? :)

zroid

Banned
Doing the Pokémon Black Version 2 post play survey and it asks "how much do you think this game is worth in dollars?"

can't remember ever seeing that question before

Is this code available for public use, perchance? :)
Sure thing!

Simple little database table:

Code:
CREATE TABLE ClubNintendo
(
   ID int unsigned auto_increment primary key,
   Hash varchar(255),
   StateDateTime datetime,
   LastTested datetime
)
;

My little PHP script:

Code:
  // Do all your mysql_connect() stuff up here

$content = file_get_contents('https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do');

if (stristr($content, 'Sign In to Club Nintendo'))
  {
     $content = trimString($content, '<div id="content"', '<!-- #content -->');

$hash = md5(trim(strip_tags($content)));

$query = "SELECT ID AS ID, " .
              "       Hash AS Hash " .
              "FROM   ClubNintendo " .
              "ORDER BY StateDateTime DESC " .
              "LIMIT 1 ";

$result = mysql_query($query);
     list($previousID, $previousHash) = mysql_fetch_row($result);
     mysql_free_result($result);

if ($previousHash == $hash && is_numeric($previousID))
     {
        $query = "UPDATE LOW_PRIORITY ClubNintendo " .
                 "SET    LastTested=NOW() " .
                 "WHERE  ID=$previousID ";

mysql_query($query);
     }
     else if ($previousHash != $hash)
     {
        $subject = "Club Nintendo update";
        $message = "Looks like stuff has changed at https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do !";

$recipients = array('[my phone's email->text address]', '[my personal email]');

mailMessage($recipients, $subject, $message);

$query = "INSERT INTO ClubNintendo " .
                 "(ID, Hash, StateDateTime) VALUES (NULL, '" . addslashes($hash) . "', NOW()) ";

mysql_query($query);
     }
  }

function trimString($string, $start, $end)
  {
     $startPosition = strpos($string, $start);

if ($startPosition === false)
       return (false);

$string = substr($string, $startPosition + strlen($start));

$endPosition = strpos($string, $end);

if ($endPosition === false)
       return (false);

$string = substr($string, 0, $endPosition);

return trim($string);
  }

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know if the list of eligible CN games is actually 100% accurate? Are there any games on that list that still have codes that still work?

Armaly

So i've exhausted all the free to play game coins and my gamestop doesn't have Spirit Camera available. I am 70 coins away from platinum. Any recommendations for cheap games that give a lot of coins?

So i've exhausted all the free to play game coins and my gamestop doesn't have Spirit Camera available. I am 70 coins away from platinum. Any recommendations for cheap games that give a lot of coins?

I just picked up Style Savvy from Best Buy today for 12.99, it gave me 40 coins (if you feel like spending the money and haven't already registered it). It's actually pretty fun IMO.

kennah

Trying to decide between buying a wii u now or waiting to see what the rewards are. Too bad platinum rewards are announced after the deadline, wouldn't want to buy something I could get for free.

-Horizon-

Wonder when they'll put up the rewards in February. And give us the Flipnote code.

I really hope they don't release rewards in waves like rewards X & Y the first week and then suddenly reward Z a week later.

inherendo

Trying to decide between buying a wii u now or waiting to see what the rewards are. Too bad platinum rewards are announced after the deadline, wouldn't want to buy something I could get for free.

If you aren't in a rush to play any games, then the future price will probably be a greater discount than the cost of buying the reward off ebay or trading for it. Rewards have been kinda shit for platinum and gold.

Is there a list anywhere of all the free games/apps that Nintendo has released that net you coins? I think I've got everything, but I just want to be sure.

Busaiku

Welp, did my final post play survey; for Spirit Camera The Cursed Memoir.
Sitting at 3100 coins now. Please give me the goods NoA.

Hale-XF11

So, I'd like to create an OT for Flipnote Studio 3D, but I don't know what the proper protocol is for publishing an OT for a game/app with a hard release month (February), but no hard release date. It could release tomorrow or 3 weeks from now. Nobody knows. Can I just go ahead and publish it today, so that way we're covered for the whole month?

So, I'd like to create an OT for Flipnote Studio 3D, but I don't know what the proper protocol is for publishing an OT for a game/app with a hard release month (February), but no hard release date. It could release tomorrow or 3 weeks from now. Nobody knows. Can I just go ahead and publish it today, so that way we're covered for the whole month?

I think the response now would be wait until it's released before making the OT.

Presumably we will have a few days of warning, as it'll show up in Nintendos press releases that it's releasing along with the other digital content that week.

zroid

Banned
I keep a spreadsheet of all my codes but I was just organizing my Wii U games and remembered I had an unopened copy of Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge :lol

yay bonus coins!

I also have an unopened copy of New Super Luigi U but I might just keep that sealed... I have the digital version of it anyways

Hale-XF11

I think the response now would be wait until it's released before making the OT.

Presumably we will have a few days of warning, as it'll show up in Nintendos press releases that it's releasing along with the other digital content that week.

I guess in that case, I'll put it on hold until we hear more about an actual release date. Hopefully we get at least a 1-3 day notice like you said. I just don't know if this particular app falls out of the realm of their usual announcements and they drop it on us out of nowhere.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We MIGHT get lucky & get some Monday (they won't update tomorrow, I'm sure of it), but I'm expecting maybe the 9th or 16th.

I guess in that case, I'll put it on hold until we hear more about an actual release date. Hopefully we get at least a 1-3 day notice like you said. I just don't know if this particular app falls out of the realm of their usual announcements and they drop it on us out of nowhere.

I mean, I guess they could drop it out of nowhere. I can't think of the last time they did that though, outside of a "this will be launching right after this direct!" situation.

Hale-XF11

Thanks! Didn't realize that thread existed.

I mean, I guess they could drop it out of nowhere. I can't think of the last time they did that though, outside of a "this will be launching right after this direct!" situation.

Yeah, I couldn't really think of any direct comparisons to other odd releases, especially since this is an app being released to Club Nintendo members who will presumably be notified by email once it's released. But still, Nintendo is kinda fuzzy about time frames.

Gartooth

Did the last of my post play surveys. Only being 100 coins away from Platinum really sucks, but considering last year the reward were exactly the same for Gold and Platinum I won't be losing sleep over it.

I was also 125 coins away from 1500 coins, so hopefully we don't see a really good item pop up at that range similar to the Luigi's Mansion figure.

Top Bottom