• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

emb

Can I register an additional 2DS to get extra points, or are hardware models 1-per like games?

Thinking of getting rid of my 2DS to pick up one of those cool transluscent ORAS ones, but the difference between soon and maybe someday comes down to CN coins.

Selling the following codes, or trading for an equivalent number of coins. I have a lot of games registered so it's probably best to tell me what you have so I can check.

I have perfect feedback on here, CAG, eBay, etc.

Wii
Punch-Out | 20 coins $1
Animal Crossing City Folk | 20 coins $1
Super Smash Bros Brawl | 30 coins $2
Super Paper Mario | 20 coins $1
Super Mario Galaxy | 20 coins $1

DS
Pokemon Diamond | 40 coins $3
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass | 20 coins $2
Professor Layton Diabolical Box | 30 coins $2

3DS
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D | 40 coins $3
Nintendogs + Cats French Bulldog | 40 coins $3
Kingdom Hearts 3D | 40 coins $3
Mario & Luigi Dream Team | 40 coins $2
Paper Mario Sticker Star | 40 coins $2

Wii U
New Super Mario Bros U | 60 coins $4
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympics | 50 coins $3

These codes are not for trade:
Kirby's Return to Dreamland | 50 coins $6
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword | 50 coins $6
Super Smash Bros Wii U | 60 coins $10

PM sent.

SystemUser

I had more post play surveys left. I made to it platinum:

aJchvNd.gif

("Started from the bottom" plays)

I am not sure why I care though. The 2014 platinum games didn't seem very special.

I think giving Platinum members free games last year was shitty because they are most likely to already own most or all of the games being offered by virtue of reaching Platinum status in the first place. The only game offered last year I didn't already own was DKC3D, and I didn't even really want it. Currently, I only have like 4 Nintendo published games I still need between the 3DS and Wii U, and one of them (Layton 6) I am hellbent on owning physically, so I am not opitmistic about this year either. Mario Golf: World Tour or Mario Party: Island Tour would be ok. OOT3D would be cool too since it's out of print now and I kind of wish I had picked it up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think giving Platinum members free games last year was shitty because they are most likely to already own most or all of the games being offered by virtue of reaching Platinum status in the first place. The only game offered last year I didn't already own was DKC3D, and I didn't even really want it.
I gotta agree with this for the most part. It wasn't THAT bad of a selection, but the problem was that I already had most of them. Heck, just like you, I grabbed DKC Returns 3D because that was the only one I didn't have/was considered the best "deal", and even then, I already had the Wii version complete (well not Mirror Mode completed, but 100%).

It's going to be interesting to see what the free retail games are this year. Granted, last year, it was only Game & Wario and DKCR3D. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up for more than 1 per system.

Roto13

I got Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D because it was the game that cost the most and I ended up barely playing it because it sucks.

Giontatas26

Neo Member
PM if you're interested, don't quote this.

Selling the following codes, or trading for an equivalent number of coins. I have a lot of games registered so it's probably best to tell me what you have so I can check.

I have perfect feedback on here, CAG, eBay, etc.

Wii
Super Smash Bros Brawl | 30 coins $2

DS
Pokemon Diamond | 40 coins $2
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass | 20 coins $2
Professor Layton Diabolical Box | 30 coins $2

3DS
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D | 40 coins $3
Nintendogs + Cats French Bulldog | 40 coins $2
Kingdom Hearts 3D | 40 coins $2
Paper Mario Sticker Star | 40 coins $2

Wii U
New Super Mario Bros U | 60 coins $3
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Olympics | 50 coins $3

These codes are not for trade:
Kirby's Return to Dreamland | 50 coins $4
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword | 50 coins $4
Super Smash Bros Wii U | 60 coins $10

PM Sent

Looking to buy the following codes:

New Super Mario Bros 2 physical
New Super Mario Bros U physical
Style Savvy physical
NintendoLand physical
Lego City 3DS physical
Wind Waker HD physical
Smash U physical
Captain Toad physical

cacildo

I'm thinking Hyrule Warriors might be one of the Wii U games to redeem at Platinum. Gets more people exposed to the game, and opens up more users to buy the DLC.

no way. HW is a game too "big" for them to just give it for free

im expecting tropical freeze or Toad. But toad is too recent, unfortunally

SmithnCo

I'm thinking Hyrule Warriors might be one of the Wii U games to redeem at Platinum. Gets more people exposed to the game, and opens up more users to buy the DLC.

No, too many people who are registering Wii Minis would be selling off HW codes. Assuming Ninty doesn't do anything about it, and they don't really seem to give a shit so far.

Shauni

no way. HW is a game too "big" for them to just give it for free

im expecting tropical freeze or Toad. But toad is too recent, unfortunally

Considering how this will be the final Platinum rewards ever, I could see it. I'm kind of expecting an older game, though, like New Super Mario Bros U.

Rocky

Banned
Considering how this will be the final Platinum rewards ever, I could see it. I'm kind of expecting an older game, though, like New Super Mario Bros U.

Wouldn't that be kinda pointless? Since I'm sure most Platinum members will already have NSMBU. You'd think Nintendo would have a program that would scan all the Platinum members registered games so they could offer one that the majority doesn't already have.

Shauni

Wouldn't that be kinda pointless? Since I'm sure most Platinum members will already have NSMBU. You'd think Nintendo would have a program that would scan all the Platinum members registered games so they could offer one that the majority doesn't already have.

Well, I don't have it, so it wouldn't be pointless to me.

Ondore

I'm half expecting NES Remix 2 (which is why I'm not buying it on sale) and at least one of the lower-popularity Wii releases. Probably Metroid Prime Trilogy or Sin & Punishment 2 (if it's on the service by then).

zroid

Banned
after I finish all the surveys for the games I've registered so far, I'll have about 2000 coins on hand. If I register all my remaining codes and fill out all their surveys, I'll have about 3000.

Going to hang onto the codes for the next 1000 until they reveal the rewards, I think.

(like I said before, depending on what rewards are available I might be able to give away a few codes for people who are close to reaching platinum)

RK128

So, what games are you guys expecting for the platinum/gold rewards in March/April?

For me, I think it will be the following:
Wii U:
-Mario Bros. U or Super Luigi U
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-Dr. Luigi
-Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Classic)
-Sonic Lost World
-Sonic Colors (Wii Classic; Considering how great the game is, I have high expectations that the game will be one of the Wii Classic games that Nintendo will add on the E-Shop :D)

3DS:
-Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
-New Mario Bros. 2
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D
-Pushmo (E-Shop)
-Shante: Risky's Revenge (DSi Ware)
-HarmoKnight (E-Shop)
-VVVVV (E-Shop)

That seems like a solid list of games for the rewards :D. Putting OoT3D will be a very smart decision, considering many will be getting MM3D, so giving them the prequel to it for 'free' (if they got platinum status) sounds like a wonderful idea :D.

zroid

Banned
Don't think you're going to see any games available which weren't published by Nintendo.

It would be great if HarmoKnight were among the rewards. Great game, grossly underappreciated, mostly because it was a lil pricey I think.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would LOVE if one of the Bayonetta games were free, but that's very wishful thinking. If Pikmin 3 is on there, I might get that because the demo was decently fun. It gets rid of that time limit from the first game, right? That was what killed the fun for me. Seems Pikmin 3 still has one, but it's not as strict.

Part of me wishes we could just choose to get some eShop credit.

RK128

Don't think you're going to see any games available which weren't published by Nintendo.

It would be great if HarmoKnight were among the rewards. Great game, grossly underappreciated, mostly because it was a lil pricey I think.

I would like to check it out as well :); considering GameFreak made it (and when they are away from Pokemon, they do damn fine work.....Drill Doser and Puseman prove that :D), I expect the game to be a lot of fun :D.

I would LOVE if one of the Bayonetta games were free, but that's very wishful thinking. If Pikmin 3 is on there, I might get that because the demo was decently fun. It gets rid of that time limit from the first game, right? That was what killed the fun for me. Seems Pikmin 3 still has one, but it's not as strict.

Part of me wishes we could just choose to get some eShop credit.

Pikmin 3 came out a while back (two years ago), so it being a platinum reward is very likely I think :). E-Shop credit might be tricky (considering they will be putting full-retail games as rewards, see 2013's DKCR 3D), but giving out 10-20 bucks as an reward would be nice :).

So, what games are you guys expecting for the platinum/gold rewards in March/April?

For me, I think it will be the following:
Wii U:
-Mario Bros. U or Super Luigi U
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-Dr. Luigi
-Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Classic)
-Sonic Lost World
-Sonic Colors (Wii Classic; Considering how great the game is, I have high expectations that the game will be one of the Wii Classic games that Nintendo will add on the E-Shop :D)

3DS:
-Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
-New Mario Bros. 2
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D
-Pushmo (E-Shop)
-Shante: Risky's Revenge (DSi Ware)
-HarmoKnight (E-Shop)
-VVVVV (E-Shop)

That seems like a solid list of games for the rewards :D. Putting OoT3D will be a very smart decision, considering many will be getting MM3D, so giving them the prequel to it for 'free' (if they got platinum status) sounds like a wonderful idea :D.

It is very reasonable, in the sense that is really underwhelming too, I really expect them to give newer games for the rewards :\

RK128

It is very reasonable, in the sense that is really underwhelming too, I really expect them to give newer games for the rewards :\

Well, in my case, those rewards would be wonderful, as while I have a number of Wii and GBA games, I own little 3DS games (as I just got mine late November for Smash 3DS and Majora's Mask 3D). So, I would be estatic is stuff like KI: Uprising and OoT3D were rewards for reaching platinum :D.

I got mine through tons of unregistered Wii games, the 2DS I got, a few E-Shop games (rewards from CN or demos/free to play games) and sadly, using the 'glitch' with the Wii Mini (lost the PIN numbers for my 2 Wii's and 1 DS Light :(.....so registering them don't give me any coins :().

I really hope my prediction is right; would love to have OoT3D or KI:Uprising to accompany my cart of MM3D, Smash 3DS, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Shinobi and KH3D :D.

Edit: I made up for using the glitch by giving one of the reward games (DK GB) to a Gaffer who didn't use the glitch :). It doesn't really make up for it, but it is something to make up for messing with the system.

RK128

All these codes turned into Platinum status and a ton of coins. My body is ready!

bdeERhq.jpg

Congrats man :D! Hope you enjoy your platinum status and get a great game when they post the reward games :).

Next month will have lots of rewards, so enjoy them man :).

Top Bottom