• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

So, what games are you guys expecting for the platinum/gold rewards in March/April?

For me, I think it will be the following:
Wii U:
-Mario Bros. U or Super Luigi U
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-Dr. Luigi
-Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Classic)
-Sonic Lost World
-Sonic Colors (Wii Classic; Considering how great the game is, I have high expectations that the game will be one of the Wii Classic games that Nintendo will add on the E-Shop :D)

3DS:
-Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
-New Mario Bros. 2
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D
-Pushmo (E-Shop)
-Shante: Risky's Revenge (DSi Ware)
-HarmoKnight (E-Shop)
-VVVVV (E-Shop)

That seems like a solid list of games for the rewards :D. Putting OoT3D will be a very smart decision, considering many will be getting MM3D, so giving them the prequel to it for 'free' (if they got platinum status) sounds like a wonderful idea :D.

Take out all the non-Nintendo titles since this is Club Nintendo giving away Nintendo games and you may have something.

I agree it will be similar to last years selection. A couple of full retail games of remakes, some poor selling eshop exclusives and VC lot that everyone already owns.

Platinum/Gold
Wind Waker
Punch-Out/DKCR Wii
Pushmo World
NES Remix 2
Metroid Fusion GBA
Yoshi's Island GBA
Kirby Super Star
Zelda OoT
Pokemon Battle Trozei
Dillon's ... Last Ranger
Kirby's Adventure 3D
Kid Icarus 3D

oatmeal

Banned
Hey, so I'm out of the loop...

I know they're closing CN, but what's happening? Why is everyone buying points? Are we expecting a big reward?

Psyae

Hey, so I'm out of the loop...

I know they're closing CN, but what's happening? Why is everyone buying points? Are we expecting a big reward?

New rewards are coming in February. I don't think anyone knows what is supposed to go up, but everyone is preparing for amazing things.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I am fully expecting:

New Super Mario Bros U
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD

As some of the platinum rewards.
Probably, as it makes sense they'd give away the same games as in the MK8 promo. Hopefully that's not ALL they offer, though.

mrmickfran

pfv8Kg3.png

Guess what game this is from.

donny2112

is the 2015 deadline March because they're canceling it?

The CN year that was supposed to go through June 30, 2015 got cut short to March 31, 2015, because they're cancelling the program. They're also going to make new rewards (physical and digital that you buy with coins) available in February sometime. Make sense?

eggwolio

Someone in this thread mentioned a FireFox plugin called Lazarus. They're officially my favorite person. It makes surveys a breeze.

Club Nintendo: For the excitement.

-Horizon-

Probably, as it makes sense they'd give away the same games as in the MK8 promo. Hopefully that's not ALL they offer, though.

Pikmin would be worth it to me at least. Dang physical is going for insane prices online. $95 new on amazon? Pfffft, yeeahhh, no.

I have to wonder what other first party games could they offer? I don't think they'll make any game that was released in the second half of 2014 a reward. Even just 2014 games in general might be pushing it.

RK128

Okay, I'm going to change my expectation for the rewards in March/April after seeing others posts :).

Wii U:
-Mario Bros. U or Luigi U
-Wind Waker HD
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-Bayonetta 1
-Punch-Out (Wii Classic)
-Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii Classics)
-Some GBA/SNES VC Games

3DS:
-Zelda OoT3D
-Star Fox 64 3D
-Mario 3D Land
-Mario Kart 7
-Animal Crossing New Leaf
-Pushmo
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-HarmoKnight
-VC Games

I think this may be a clearer list from my other one (which had some third party games to pad it out). I hope this is close to what we may get in March/April :).

-Horizon-

Okay, I'm going to change my expectation for the rewards in March/April after seeing others posts :).

Wii U:
-Wind Waker HD
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-Bayonetta 1
-Punch-Out (Wii Classic)
-Some GBA/SNES VC Games

3DS:
-Zelda OoT3D
-Star Fox 64 3D
-Mario 3D Land
-Mario Kart 7
-Pushmo
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-HarmoKnight
-VC Games

I think this may be a clearer list from my other one (which had some third party games to pad it out). I hope this is close to what we may get in March/April :).

Would be cool that if you hit platinum, you can choose two games
yeah right, like that'll ever happen lol

Cody_D165

Banned
Do you guys think they'll have some kind of special reward for people who have gotten Gold or Platinum every year? Probably won't happen, but it would be neat to get like a pin of the Gold/Platinum emblems or something.

RK128

Would be cool that if you hit platinum, you can choose two games
yeah right, like that'll ever happen lol

Well, it would be one hell of a selection at the very least :D. I am very new to CN, but cant you get two rewards if your platinum (one gold and one platinum respectively)? If not, at least if my list is somewhat right, we will have a wide verity of games to select from :).

I would love to have OoT3D on my 2DS; will complement MM3D nicely I think :).

RK128

Do you guys think they'll have some kind of special reward for people who have gotten Gold or Platinum every year? Probably won't happen, but it would be neat to get like a pin of the Gold/Platinum emblems or something.

That would be really, really smart I think :). Many of you guys have been part of CN for years now, so you should all be getting a super reward or something :D. I think they should at the very least, give people who have hit platinum at least 2-3 years the option to select two rewards from the platinum/gold selection.

SmithnCo

It would be a nice sendoff. Something small like a pin or even a card.

Dyle

Just checked and I need 10 coins to get to Gold level. Is there anything tiny I can do for free or will I have to pick something cheap up?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As someone who's been Platinum every single year, I sure hope we get some kind of recognition. I contacted Nintendo asking about it & to no surprise, this was their response.

I am glad that you have enjoyed this program, and have been such an avid user. Unfortunately, we do not have any information about Elite Gifts besides the 2015 Elite Gifts, which will be available from 4/1/2015 to 4/30/2015.

I know that this is not what you were hoping to hear, However I will document your comments on our records for Club Nintendo, and make sure that they are made available for other departments at the company to review and thoughtfully consider.

Honestly, I think this Gold Mario statue would be perfect. I think Japan got it for their Club Nintendo a while back (like a LONG time ago, before the 3DS came out) & it states "Platinum Member Memorial", which would be fitting for those who were Platinum all 7 years.

-Horizon-

Doubtful.

Well, it would be one hell of a selection at the very least :D. I am very new to CN, but cant you get two rewards if your platinum (one gold and one platinum respectively)? If not, at least if my list is somewhat right, we will have a wide verity of games to select from :).

I would love to have OoT3D on my 2DS; will complement MM3D nicely I think :).
No, you still only get to choose one reward.
Its just that if you get platinum, you get to select rewards from an exclusive platinum tier of rewards OR choose a reward from the gold selection.

So, games after 1/20 won't have Club N codes (in NA at least)?

Good, because the codes being printed on the back of the art sleeves (Wii U games) looked tacky.

Now only if NOA ditched the eco-cases altogether--that would be great.

RK128

Doubtful.

No, you still only get to choose one reward.
Its just that if you get platinum, you get to select rewards from an exclusive platinum tier of rewards OR choose a reward from the gold selection.

Okay, thank you for answering my question Horizon :). Can't wait to see what the platinum/gold rewards are for March/April then.

tmarques

Wii U:
-Wind Waker HD
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-Bayonetta 1
-Punch-Out (Wii Classic)
-Some GBA/SNES VC Games

3DS:
-Zelda OoT3D
-Star Fox 64 3D
-Mario 3D Land
-Mario Kart 7
-Pushmo
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-HarmoKnight
-VC Games

Add the Wario game to the Wii U list.

If they decide to give Bayonetta 1, that means I can later buy Bayo 2 for 30 bucks, right? Guess I'd go for that instead of Wonderful 101, which never looked like something I'd enjoy. Sounds unlikely, though.

Phoenix vs. Layton was published by Nintendo, right? I've been waiting for a sale on that.

donny2112

The day after whatever day they announce that they'll be released (just like how they're a day late on changing the monthly games) and not on a Sunday.

Anustart

Club just ate my survey. Was doing one for pokemon, clicked next, site glitched out for a second, coins zero'd, and now I can't register that code again and can't find the survey :(

I was surprised to get a post-play for the Mario Galaxy 2 and Punch Out downloads! I thought anything released past 1/20 wasn't eligible! No matter, I'm still like 205 coins from platinum so I don't think I'm gonna make it. It'll be the first non-platinum year since I started with Club Nintendo :(

Anustart

I was surprised to get a post-play for the Mario Galaxy 2 and Punch Out downloads! I thought anything released past 1/20 wasn't eligible! No matter, I'm still like 205 coins from platinum so I don't think I'm gonna make it. It'll be the first non-platinum year since I started with Club Nintendo :(

It's gonna be tight for me. I missed plat in the first year, but got it every other. Hoping to squeak in somehow this one though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Super Mario Galaxy 2 came out on 1/15, so it still qualifies.

There shouldn't be one for Punch-Out, though. I downloaded it last week & don't see any post-play survey.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Got some Free Club reward VC Codes I don't need. First come first served.

SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 WII U - CLUB
A05E-86QU-3682-VRV9

SUPER METROID WII-CLUB
A02U-RRXD-18PV-84JP

Have at it!

vash1122

Neo Member

A05E-86QU-3682-VRV9

SUPER METROID WII-CLUB
A02U-RRXD-18PV-84JP

Have at it!

Thanks! I grabbed the super metroid code. I've only played Fusion before so I hope this one is just as good.

vall03

What the hell?! I was trying to register my Wii Sports Resort code and its appearing as used already? Or maybe its expired?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

A05E-86QU-3682-VRV9

SUPER METROID WII-CLUB
A02U-RRXD-18PV-84JP

Have at it!

Mario 2 is already used. :(

Well, thank you on behalf of whoever took it...! :p

Top Bottom