• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Harusame

I've been procrastinating on registering my club nintendo codes, but since it's February tomorrow, I just decided to register all the rest of my codes in one go. So far I registered 8 Wii U games and 22 3DS games today. I already achieved platinum status somewhere in November/December and I usually just register enough codes to achieved platinum status and save the rest of the codes for platinum for the following year.

donny2112

I need 40 coins to reach plat.

Anyone have any spare NA codes? If so, PM them to me.

Would greatly appreciate it!

You have 2 months. Just wait to see if anything digital goes on sale that you want in that two months. You may be surprised how many "extra" coins just show up in that period.

jbueno

I´m just 30 coins short before I reach Platinum. I´ve seen the NSLB retail disc for pretty cheap around, wonder if it´s worth it for like the $20 USD it can be had. Only played the NSMB on OG Wii, thought the music sucked, and while the Wii U games seem interesting I´m afraid the OST is still pretty shitty.

You have 2 months. Just wait to see if anything digital goes on sale that you want in that two months. You may be surprised how many "extra" coins just show up in that period.
Physical rewards show up this month, though. I could care less about reaching the actual platinum "status", but if 600 or more will net me any cool physical trinket, then I'm all for it.

Digital games will likely be reruns anyway, or just Wii Mode versions of VC games that I could care less about.

Physical rewards show up this month, though. I could care less about reaching the actual platinum "status", but if 600 or more will net me any cool physical trinket, then I'm all for it.

Digital games will likely be reruns anyway, or just Wii Mode versions of VC games that I could care less about.

>.< couldn't care less, unless you actually do want some Wii versions of VC games.

donny2112's point is to earn the points yourself. You originally said it was for Platinum, and now you say it is for physical rewards. Well, Platinum is one thing because it is a goal, but physical rewards could be any price. Why should people give their codes to you for physical rewards, when they could keep them to get their own physical rewards? I don't want to come off as rude, but if people have codes to give away, they will say so.

donny2112

Remember that the 16th is a US holiday, so I wouldn't bet on anything coming out that day.

If the rewards come out on a MondayTuesday (remember how CN usually works with Monday changes :p ), I'd guess that this Monday/Tuesday would be a likely one for it, then.

Pizza

I´m just 30 coins short before I reach Platinum. I´ve seen the NSLB retail disc for pretty cheap around, wonder if it´s worth it for like the $20 USD it can be had. Only played the NSMB on OG Wii, thought the music sucked, and while the Wii U games seem interesting I´m afraid the OST is still pretty shitty.

The ost wasn't bothersome, but nothing great and I felt nslb was rad as hell; really tough well-made game.

Hoping you guys are right and not tomorrow. I've been feeling pretty bad since yesterday so I haven't had a chance to register the dozens of physical games I have (some in storage).

Thinking of creating a spreadsheet alphabetically with what I have registered and then adding games to it.

Blues1990

All I want is some video game soundtracks, specifically Tropical Freeze & Bayonetta 2. After I get my fill of physical rewards, I'll ask anyone here if they want any specific games they want for their digital collection.

donny2112

After I get my fill of physical rewards, I'll ask anyone here if they want any specific games they want for their digital collection.

Yeah, if anyone is sitting on coins they don't want after the physical stuff is done and have nothing digital to get, would recommend buying some good games to give away vs. just letting them be wiped out July 1st. :)

Zombine

Banned
Hoping you guys are right and not tomorrow. I've been feeling pretty bad since yesterday so I haven't had a chance to register the dozens of physical games I have (some in storage).

Thinking of creating a spreadsheet alphabetically with what I have registered and then adding games to it.

They really won't. Shit, sometimes they don't even update on the date they have scheduled.

i-Jest

I'm hoping to see the 3DS Ambassador Program games (GBA) as well as the Club Nintendo Exclusive games. If not those then bundled soundtracks and another shot at the 3DS XL colorful charging cradle would be sweet. I doubt I'll have the coins to get everything I want though.

Just remembered I still have post play surveys to fill out. I should probably get them over with before the site crashes from traffic.

wiibomb

You people are waiting way too much, this program is ending, they wont be bothering with any new physical gifts, may be just some that became leftovers from past times...

The only new thing I expect are the digital rewards, but nothing more than the typical lame ones

>.< couldn't care less, unless you actually do want some Wii versions of VC games.

donny2112's point is to earn the points yourself. You originally said it was for Platinum, and now you say it is for physical rewards. Well, Platinum is one thing because it is a goal, but physical rewards could be any price. Why should people give their codes to you for physical rewards, when they could keep them to get their own physical rewards? I don't want to come off as rude, but if people have codes to give away, they will say so.
But it doesn't hurt to ask though, does it?

Physical rewards are hardly anywhere below 600 coins now (in NA), so that's what I meant by not actually caring that I got to the "status" itself, but rather, getting at least 600 or more to at least have a chance at one of the "limited" rewards. But knowing Nintendo, the physical goodies will be waay more than 600.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot it's Feb already. Time to bookmark the site on my phone and start checking it every day starting tomorrow.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
b1xRHcP.png

they wont be bothering with any new physical gifts, may be just some that became leftovers from past times... The only new thing I expect are the digital rewards, but nothing more than the typical lame ones

This is what I expect as well. Something tells me that I'm going to finally own "Grill Off with Ultrahand" by the time Feb is over because, what else am I going to spend all these coins on? The problem with the desirable CN VC titles is that I already own a lot of them. Also, Nintendo usually only puts up the games they publish as rewards so the pool of potential titles is much smaller.

What would really be funny is if they put those 3DS XL cradles back up. I wanted one of those so bad and missed them. Now if they come back nobody will give a rat's ass because we're getting New 3DS XL's this month and the old cradles won't work.

Roland

I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but will digital games still be working after Club Nintendo shuts down? There are a some Wii U digital game rewards that I redeemed, but haven't actually added to my Wii U because I don't have a hard drive for it. There's probably a code in my email waiting for me to download on the system. Those should still be good past March or whenever, right?

jholmes

If you like tough platformers I recommend Super Luigi U very highly. It's a lot of fun and Nintendo makes use of some of the freedom afforded with it being a side-sequel to do some creative things in the levels. Well worth it on the cheap.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but will digital games still be working after Club Nintendo shuts down? There are a some Wii U digital game rewards that I redeemed, but haven't actually added to my Wii U because I don't have a hard drive for it. There's probably a code in my email waiting for me to download on the system. Those should still be good past March or whenever, right?

All you have to do is redeem the codes on your Wii U. I don't think you need to actually download the games right away.

The FAQ says: "Yes, all download codes redeemed from Club Nintendo will expire on July 31, 2015, so please be sure to download your game from the Nintendo eShop before that date," but I'm pretty sure that once you register the code on your Wii U, it's permanently attached to your account so you can redownload it in the future.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I can continue to redeem Club Nintendo codes to get rewards until it's gone, right?

E: Also, I have an extra MK8 code if anyone wants to trade codes.

_woLf

Question.

I just put in a club nintendo code for Hyrule Warriors, Right after I hit submit I accidentally clicked a different link that too me to a completely different page because my hands are so jittery after the Seahawks game.

I didn't get any points, no survey or anything. And now it says the code has been used.

Did I just screw myself out of the code?

jholmes

Question.

I just put in a club nintendo code for Hyrule Warriors, Right after I hit submit I accidentally clicked a different link that too me to a completely different page because my hands are so jittery after the Seahawks game.

I didn't get any points, no survey or anything. And now it says the code has been used.

Nah. I've had things go sideways more than once and if the coins didn't add and the survey isn't still available, get in touch with Nintendo and they'll look after you.

Question.

It's not in your To-do list?

_woLf

It wasn't in my to-do list. A friend of mine suggested logging out and back in again, didn't show up the first time but I gave it a few mins and logged out/back in again and it showed up that time.

Thanks for the tips though guys :)

Top Bottom