• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

DVG

I redeemed yoshis island, golden sun, and super metroid so far. Haven't decided what else to redeem yet. But my coin total is still the same. Does this usually happen and it takes a bit for it to show a difference? I'm kind of tempted to redeem everything now but I don't want to take a risk.

I hope they extend the dates for post play surveys. I think they only last a week, and I have like 50 that all hit on Saturday and I'm not confident even by next Saturday will I be able to get on.

I redeemed yoshis island, golden sun, and super metroid so far. Haven't decided what else to redeem yet. But my coin total is still the same. Does this usually happen and it takes a bit for it to show a difference? I'm kind of tempted to redeem everything now but I don't want to take a risk.
Its a glitch the coins go away eventually. I wonder what happens if you reedem a game you don't actually have enough coins for though

wiibomb

they will be reduced, it's just the page that haven't been properly refreshed in your PC...

another wonderful feature of the CN page

GWX

I have some post-play surveys in my to-do list which expire on Feb. 8th. I hope it's all fine and dandy by then, would hate to lose them -.-

donny2112

whats wrong with it? im wondering if i should get it or not

For me, the rhythm just didn't click. It has a good pedigree being from the Pokemon guys, but it's rhythm just didn't mesh with me personally. That's a good thing about having demos, is you can get that kind of "it's just not for me" vibe, even if it may be good for others.

For me, the rhythm just didn't click. It has a good pedigree being from the Pokemon guys, but it's rhythm just didn't mesh with me personally. That's a good thing about having demos, is you can get that kind of "it's just not for me" vibe, even if it may be good for others.

i see. i'd like to like rhythem games, tried rhythm theif but couldnt get past 10 minutes :/...

i wonder if there's a beginner game for people like me haha.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Fixing the barn door after the cows have left, but there was a demo on the eShop. Turned me off of the game before buying it back when it released.

Same here, just wasn't feeling it. Thought about spending coins on it on the off chance I might like the full game more, but eh.

Canon

Banned
i see. i'd like to like rhythem games, tried rhythm theif but couldnt get past 10 minutes :/...

Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe.

I have platinum medals in all of them levels, it's the best rhythm game I've played.

butalala

Does anyone else have this in their to-do list?

OoQKDwf.png
When I click on it, it tells me to connect my NNID to my 2DS (which I've already done). I can't download it from the eshop. I'm just perplex. Anyone know what's going on?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah I remember when CN fucked up and added the digital version of Sticker Star to my to-do... I still have it in my list.

When I contacted them about my missing Alpha Sapphire survey, when they fixed it, a pink DS Lite survey mysteriously appeared as well. No coins so I didn't bother filling it out lol.

Just about every game gives you post play surveys with 10 coins right. I just registered about 11 games and some of them were Wii games so I just wanna be sure I get those post play coins

zroid

Banned
Just about every game gives you post play surveys with 10 coins right. I just registered about 11 games and some of them were Wii games so I just wanna be sure I get those post play coins

wasn't there some new policy where Wii and DS games don't have post play surveys anymore? not sure

edit:
Starting on April 7, 2014, any newly registered Nintendo DS or Wii games (both retail and digital copies) will continue to receive product registration surveys, but no longer be eligible for 10-coin post-play surveys. In addition, starting on April 7, the deadline to complete newly earned post-play surveys for all games will be 30 days after they are issued.

wasn't there some new policy where Wii and DS games don't have post play surveys anymore? not sure

edit:
goddamnit. I calculated it to where if I registered all of my games and get post plays I could get another 600 coin game. 6 of them were Wii games so there goes 60 post play coins.

Thanks for telling me

zroid

Banned
goddamnit. I calculated it to where if I registered all of my games and get post plays I could get another 600 coin game. 6 of them were Wii games so there goes 60 post play coins.

Thanks for telling me

Yeah I'd actually forgotten as well, just remembered when you mentioned it. I was wondering why I hadn't gotten as many post play surveys as games I'd registered over the last few weeks. :\

Also, I was finally able to finish registering my codes, traffic seems relatively low at the moment.

SystemUser

Guys, I've yet to see the to-do for Flipnote 3D. Has anyone else not seen it at all?

I don't think anyone has it yet. I haven't heard of anyone having it yet.

I also haven't gotten a confirmation email for my physical redemption, but I do have a confirmation number from when the transaction happened. I am not too worried about it. I think the theory that they are going to manufacture the rewards is possible with the long amount of time they are giving to ship the stuff.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I got Star Fox 3DS from a giveaway in /v/.

With that said the giveaway seems to rely on Wii Mini exploit. Am I screwed?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I regret using a fairly large sum of my coins on HarmoKnight. Not really the bright, catchy rhythm game I was looking for, it got annoying gameplay wise. Probably not a rhythm guy.
Yeah, as I fan of Bit.Trip Runner I thought I'd love it, and I did enjoy the demo. But I couldn't get past the 5th or 6th level in the full game, it just didn't click. Maybe it's a matter of giving it another chance, but it felt disappointing.

If you don't mind hard games (and they can get very hard), I'd suggest trying the Bit.Trip games. My favorites are Runner and Flux, but Beat and Void are also fantastic. Fate is enjoyable too, though I never gave it enough attention, and Core is an acquired taste. You can get them on 3DS in a single package (Bit.Trip Saga), on Wii as individual WiiWare titles or a retail disc (Bit.Trip Complete) with extra challenges not available anywhere else (making it my favorite version) or on Steam as individual titles (Beat has an exclusive Portal-themed level there).

If you want something easier, you can try Runner 2 instead. It's both a sequel to the first Runner and a spin-off of the Bit.Trip series, with similar gameplay to that game but a more modern art style, and a much lower difficulty level. While Runner 1 was all about making it through tough levels and getting all gold pieces (and perfecting the bonus stages), Runner 2 focuses more on getting high scores and surpassing your friends on the leaderboards. It's a great starting point in my opinion, as it won't frustrate you as much as the other games might (with the exception of Flux, since it has checkpoints on every stage and unlimited continues) but is still incredibly fun to play.

zroid

Banned
HarmoKnight is just an actual rhythm game, unlike Bit.Trip Runner. You need to approach it from that standpoint to have success.

It's actually fairly easy as far as rhythm games go, but there is a surprising amount of depth with the charge attacks since they give you more points than regular attacks.

Site seems to be running quite smoothly right now. After not being able to do a couple of surveys, logged in and completed both of them within a couple of minutes.

RoadDogg

Site seems to be running quite smoothly right now. After not being able to do a couple of surveys, logged in and completed both of them within a couple of minutes.

Still down for me. I was able to order a shirt the other day at 5 AM, but I can't get in during "normal" hours to finish up some surveys and order my games.

months ago i bought Zelda Wind Waker and Bayo2, digital versions
but only registered my WiiU System at clubnintendo today, can i get coins for these games?

kind sucks if i can't, was excited for Wonderful101, still need 60 coins to get it. :/

Laws00

Does anyone else have this in their to-do list?

When I click on it, it tells me to connect my NNID to my 2DS (which I've already done). I can't download it from the eshop. I'm just perplex. Anyone know what's going on?

i have that same game. i dont know where the hell it came from.

Laws00

i saw a post someone made about someone on reddit talking to someone on the customer service line about getting expired coins.

Do you think its still possible to do that?
Is there anything in particular I should say?

Recommended games? I can't go for any physical rewards because I'm leaving Canada in May.

I'm thinking Earthbound, Harmoknight, Supermario 3D Land. I need 100 more coins for that though...

Also don't have a Wii U external HDD yet, but I might get one this weekend.

Roto13

Recommended games? I can't go for any physical rewards because I'm leaving Canada in May.

I'm thinking Earthbound, Harmoknight, Supermario 3D Land. I need 100 more coins for that though...

3D Land is a great choice.

Earthbound is interesting. I would say try it out before buying it.
3D Land is fun but very short.
Harmoknight I enjoy, but it is a rhythm game.
I plan to play KI:U a bit tonight and will edit my post what I think.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Mario 3D Land is an excellent game.

Fireblend

Banned

Absolutely SM3DL. It's a brilliant game.

Funnily enough, seeing it mentioned so often these past few days made me want to play a couple of stages yesterday, and mannn, is it a good game. I really like it. It's a joy to play.

Top Bottom