• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Busaiku

Until the end of March.
Though if you want post-plays, exactly 1 week before.

If you get Platinum/Gold, you'll have the month of April to claim your prize.
You have until the end of June to spend your coins.

wiibomb

Hey flipnote is cool and I been waiting forever for this. :( I'm more excited about it than most of the games on Club Nintendo right now. lol

that's me too.. in fact, flipnote studio was the main reason I kept using my DSi, may be it's just me, but I found that little app make the DSi worth

I'm loving the idea of getting something like that on the 3DS

Elija2

Aren't we getting an incredibly gimped version of Flipnote? I heard that we won't be able to share stuff online at all.

wiibomb

Aren't we getting an incredibly gimped version of Flipnote? I heard that we won't be able to share stuff online at all.

its a kinda complex system now, but basically they will be doing a suscription for most online features, some like sharing flipnotes in a group of 3DS friends are free..

there are some ways to gain some free time to get the online feature, but as I said it's kinda complex

I think the message on Club Nintendo changed.
d7d539e715.png

a97bd19f35.png

108a6b04c8.png

If this originally said "later this week" before the server problems that happened again today...
af4297abae.jpg

Elija2

I think the message on Club Nintendo changed.
d7d539e715.png

a97bd19f35.png

108a6b04c8.png

If this originally said "later this week" before the server problems that happened again today...
af4297abae.jpg

It did used to say "later this week". In fact, before this all happened it just said this:

14fe1fc152.png

Why the heck did they think it was a good idea to put Flipnote up when their site has been struggling all week?

SystemUser

I really wish they wouldn't make the final Club Nintendo Elite rewards digital only. I mean, most people bought all the newer games and reached Gold/Platinum as a result. Nintendo is just offering things most people already have. Some have mention offering WWHD, Pikmin 3, etc., but that stuff was already part of the Mario Kart 8 thing. Really do we need that again?

You only need about 8-12 full games to be Platinum and 4-6 for Gold. I am pretty sure that most people won't have a hard time find a game on the list that they don't already own. I guess it might be a little hard for people that Platinum every single year, but Nintendo doesn't have to worry about winning over people that went Platinum every year. They knows that they already have you as a loyal customer. They would have to kill your dog to lose you as a fan.

It seems like they don't even care that server problems are inevitable for anything Club Nintendo related. What in the world did they expect to happen when releasing this on the same week?
Good ol' NOA.

Nintendo has a solution. The solution is not great for consumers, but it works for Nintendo. They seem to have a limit on the number of simultaneous logins. Once that limit is reached the sight is closed to everyone else. It is like a night club with a bouncer. To Nintendo everything is working smoothly.

Most large companies would just rent more server capacity, but Nintendo probably did not build their website backend to be scalable so it would not be as simple as renting more server capacity. They would have to do a lot of work. Hopefully next time they will build the website tech in a more modern style.

Mecca

You only need about 8-12 full games to be Platinum and 4-6 for Gold. I am pretty sure that most people won't have a hard time find a game on the list that they don't already own. I guess it might be a little hard for people that Platinum every single year, but Nintendo doesn't have to worry about winning over people that went Platinum every year. They knows that they already have you as a loyal customer. They would have to kill your dog to lose you as a fan.

I hate to admit it, but you're probably right about Platinum members. I've been Platinum for the last four years and have just about everything I want so the idea of offering digital rewards doesn't appeal to me. I know I'm in the minority and most don't have that big of a collection, but it still annoys me that Nintendo won't give me the option of physical rewards during their last year ever. If there was ever a time to physical rewards, now would be it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah there was a story of a little girl in Japan figuring out the parent control password, and somehow used Flipnote to meet a stranger adult with it. Since then, Iwata was like "hm guess we (never the parents!) suck at parental controls. Well, guess what we can do is not allow ANY sharing with Flipnoteď Problem solved!!"
No joke.

well, I caved and picked up The Wonderful 101.

I've gotta say, I've never received so many free top games from Nintendo in all of my life since Club Nintendo promos entere dby life (Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, Wii Fit U free with that little gadget). I realize that's only 3 games, but in the past I would have broken down and picked at least one of those up at retail, so it's awesome that I basically saved $150 bucks by waiting for these promos.

L95

Yeah there was a story of a little girl in Japan figuring out the parent control password, and somehow used Flipnote to meet a stranger adult with it. Since then, Iwata was like "hm guess we (never the parents!) suck at parental controls. Well, guess what we can do is not allow ANY sharing with Flipnoteď Problem solved!!"
No joke.

I thought that was what happened with Swapnote, not flipnote.

EDIT: Ah, looking it up, it looks like both programs had share features disabled.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I thought that was what happened with Swapnote, not flipnote.

EDIT: Ah, looking it up, it looks like both programs had share features disabled.

Oh right the incident was with Swapnote. But as you said, it still effected both.

Honestly, they should've toghtened parental controls than let everyone on the planet using it innocently have to pay the consequences.

heyf00L

Oh right the incident was with Swapnote. But as you said, it still effected both.

Honestly, they should've toghtened parental controls than let everyone on the planet using it innocently have to pay the consequences.

That's what any normal company would do. But this is Nintendo. If it doesn't happen exactly the way they want it to go, then it doesn't happen at all.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This probably goes without saying, but if you have 150 coins you need to buy DONKEY KONG GAMEBOY. That's one of the best games, period on the entire list. It's a must-have if you own a 3DS.

I tried to get EarthBound twice and got the Wario error each time.

I just checked it again a minute ago, and surprise, it actually took my coins both times but never sent me a code or a confirmation email either time, so CN just stole my only 500 coins.

Glad that someone was nice enough to gift me Wonderful 101, at least.

I just checked it again a minute ago, and surprise, it actually took my coins both times but never sent me a code or a confirmation email either time, so CN just stole my only 500 coins.

I'd complain to Nintendo customer service. Worst case scenario you would get two codes for Earthbound and can trade one of them.

Wow well fuck this. I was making a trade on reddit since I grabbed a game I already had and someone just fucked me over. 600 coins gone smh

I would've just given away the code here if this was gonna happen.

wowzors

If you want to sell one let me know ;)

Same thing happened to me but with the Chibi Robo photo finder...at least yours was on a good game!

zroid

Banned

you will likely get the EarthBound codes after a while. Both of them. :lol

Nintendo can probably deactivate one of the codes and refund the coins if you ask

Ozium

I tried putting in an order for Earthbound 3 times but it kept saying it didn't go through..

I log in just now and I am missing a ton of coins, go to my coin transaction history and see 3 copies of earthbound... havent received any emails

what do I do? :(

lol same!! wtf :(

Vuapol

Haven't been able to access Club Nintendo at all since the new rewards were announced. Urgh. So frustrating. I'm afraid I'm going to start missing deadlines.

Busaiku

I tried putting in an order for Earthbound 3 times but it kept saying it didn't go through..

I log in just now and I am missing a ton of coins, go to my coin transaction history and see 3 copies of earthbound... havent received any emails

what do I do? :(

Try contacting Nintendo tomorrow morning.
This didn't happen for me though. Whenever I tried finalizing my order, it would either always take me to code, without fail (if the button was pressed), or I would stop 1 page short.

Finally did my Paper Mario: Sticker Star post-play. It would've been nice to have done it back in 2012, but Nintendo's system encouraged saving codes. I was not kind, at all, in my review of the game. Like, the only thing I wrote was saying how bad it was, and why. I hope Nintendo goes back to the first two Paper Mario games for inspiration for Paper Mario 5.

Ozium

yes and when I clicked order confirm it said oops there was a problem with your order, but dont worry wario has your coins...

and still havent received any emails

Ozium

Your order did not go through

order did not go through

did not go through

not go through

are you trying to insinuate that I am lying? that emceegramr (who had the exact same issue) is also lying? that the website never once told us that the order didn't go through and/or give an error message?

Roo

order did not go through

did not go through

not go through

are you trying to insinuate that I am lying? that emceegramr (who had the exact same issue) is also lying? that the website never once told us that the order didn't go through and/or give an error message?

lol what?
I'm saying the whole site is fucked up so you need to give it some time

Ozium

lol what?
I'm saying the whole site is fucked up so you need to give it some time

and I'm saying I didn't want to order 3 copies of Earthbound, while you are acting like I am mad that nintendo didn't send me my codes yet.. I'm not, I'd rather they didn't because I only ordered them again because the site said there was a problem with my order and my coins were never taken (well, until I logged off and then logged back in an hour later to find out all my coins were now taken that is)

Roto13

order did not go through

did not go through

not go through

I don't know how you could possibly have even gotten that from Alistair Roo's post.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm going to do my final CN Spreadsheet update this weekend... it should help with the last-few-months of CN registrations.

I keep stumbling across CN slips and find myself unsure if they have been used or not. It's annoying.

Ozium

I don't know how you could possibly have even gotten that from Alistair Roo's post.

I am just extremely cranky because of things and this isn't helping lol... I'm sorry Alistar Roo... :(

just frustrated and some responses (not on here) seem to be like "well it didn't happen to me" which is aggravating...

again sorry

Top Bottom