• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Tropical Freeze is the GOAT platformer, so I'd be happy to have more people playing it.
But I still want Bayonetta 2. It can tie in with the whole 'DLC theory', because of Bayonetta 1.

Ryne

Can someone post a photo of the packaging it comes in?

Keep in mind I'm in Canada:

dfxWwzo.jpg
nvakKep.jpg
lq74p1x.jpg

Much as I would LOVE Bayonetta 2, I'm lowering my expectations to DKC Tropical Freeze.

I'm sure the MK8 promo games (Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, etc.) will be there as well. Can't really think of any 3DS games that I'd truly want from Nintendo right now that I haven't already played.

YO... I'd be all over that. I got Wind Waker for the MK8 promo but a part of me wishes I had gotten Pikmin 3 instead. (Since... I have since gotten WWHD in physical form for free, still shrink-wrapped).

EDIT: Also, got my Smash soundtrack CD, finally. No cracks or scratches anywhere. Woo hoo!

Roo

YO... I'd be all over that. I got Wind Waker for the MK8 promo but a part of me wishes I had gotten Pikmin 3 instead. (Since... I have since gotten WWHD in physical form for free, still shrink-wrapped).

Pikmin 3 is a lovely game. If it shows up as a reward you definitely should pick that one.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope we get some good Digital games. I'm expecting nothing fancy, just some older Wii U games and 3DS games, like maybe Tropical Freeze would be a good option for the platinum reward.

randomkid

As the one Wii U owner who doesn't have 3D World but still wants it, that's the one I'm rooting for.

I didn't have enough coins to get W101 and the physical version is also no longer price collapsing so I'd take that one too.

Agree that people who expect to have their pick among every first party title are being delusional. Unlike the incentive that was there for the final batch of digital offerings (making sure people with thousands of coins had stuff to buy) there's no incentive to offer lots of choices for the Platinum prize. It'll just be something analagous to last year, maybe 1 retail 3DS and Wii U title and then download stuff.

Prove me wrong though Nintendo! You were way more generous than I expected with the final digital offerings.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
3D seems like it'd have a chance, considering it's well over a year old now. NSMBU (&/or maybe New Super Luigi U) also seems like it'll be a reward.

alf717

I'm actually looking forward to 3DS titles they may put up I want to play some Zelda. =) If by chance anyone is selling any of the offered Zelda games LMK.

KC-Slater

I finally received my SSB-CD soundtrack (without warning) yesterday, and I have to say it was arguably the worst-packed article of mail I've ever received.

Somehow it managed to arrive intact without a smashed jewel case. (Possibly because I'm in Toronto and their distribution centre is nearby?) I guess it would have killed Nintendo to pony up $0.95 to shove it in a bubble-wrap mail sleeve before sending it out...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I finally received my SSB-CD soundtrack (without warning) yesterday, and I have to say it was arguably the worst-packed article of mail I've ever received.

Somehow it managed to arrive intact without a smashed jewel case. (Possibly because I'm in Toronto and their distribution centre is nearby?) I guess it would have killed Nintendo to pony up $0.95 to shove it in a bubble-wrap mail sleeve before sending it out...
Wow, wonder why Canada got different packaging. When I got mine, it was in a bubble envelope slightly bigger than the CD case.

Keep in mind I'm in Canada:
Man, I thought that's how it was packaged inside the envelope or whatever. I can't believe that's how it was actually shipped, with the case only sealed by plastic. I'd be more freaked out that someone can see what it is & steal it.

Have you seen the current "final" rewards? We have Wonderful 101, Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Mario 3D Land, DKCR3D, NSMB2, and a load of Virtual Console and Indie stuff in between.

I really think you're underestimating what the final elite rewards will be, even if they are just the aforementioned again.

Didn't I already tell you before that the final rewards had literally no relevance to the platinum rewards?

There are shitloads of things in the catalogue now because everyone has to spend all their coins before they expire, so Nintendo needed to give people as much choice and as much to buy as possible. There is literally no need at all for the platinum reward to be any different in quality to last year's offerings because the timeframe for redemption is the same as it was before.

There might well be a huge difference in the quality of the platinum rewards this year, nobody truly knows, but if you expect it then you're on route to huge disappointment, because there's no evidence at all to suggest it'll be the case.

Here's my Platinum rewards wish list which may or may not coincide with the games I don't own:

Pikmin 3
DK Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Kart 8
Captain Toad
Lego City

I'm hoping for Tropical Freeze myself.

So I just got my Smash posters yesterday. Strangely, I ordered the 3DS pouch and it's not even down as shipped in my order history. Has anyone here gotten it yet?

Didn't I already tell you before that the final rewards had literally no relevance to the platinum rewards?

There are shitloads of things in the catalogue now because everyone has to spend all their coins before they expire, so Nintendo needed to give people as much choice and as much to buy as possible. There is literally no need at all for the platinum reward to be any different in quality to last year's offerings because the timeframe for redemption is the same as it was before.

There might well be a huge difference in the quality of the platinum rewards this year, nobody truly knows, but if you expect it then you're on route to huge disappointment, because there's no evidence at all to suggest it'll be the case.
And I'll say it once more, but I believe that the final rewards currently out now DO have some relevance with what the elite rewards will be--as in, the people looking at those current rewards are now--rightfully so--expecting something at least on par with those. And not that I'm expecting them to be, but I don't think it'd be an unreasonable feat, considering that these are the *last* elite rewards that there ever will be.

eggwolio

As they're going digital only, they'll just e-mail us a 3D model for the Amiibo we can go print ourselves.

This is an ingenious idea. Nintendo should sell DIY kits for Mii Amiibos. The kit could include a base and a USB flash drive containing software that would allow you to import an amiibo from a 3DS. Then you could print and paint your character and use the software for a one time write giving the Road that particular Mii's identity.

Also if Lego City for the WiiU is an award, I'm all over it. The load times would have to be better digitally, right?

I just got a New 3DS XL and a copy of S.T.E.A.M. The Club Nintendo system is no longer active. Is there any way to register this stuff? Will I be able to register it once the successor to Club Nintendo is in place?

wiibomb

I just got a New 3DS XL and a copy of S.T.E.A.M. The Club Nintendo system is no longer active. Is there any way to register this stuff? Will I be able to register it once the successor to Club Nintendo is in place?

from January 20th and onwards nothing released will have CN codes, so the N3DS or any other games released after that can´t be registered

from January 20th and onwards nothing released will have CN codes, so the N3DS or any other games released after that can´t be registered

That's just so wild. I've gotta believe that the successor to Club Nintendo (whatever it looks like) will allow us to register our hardware and software again, in some form.

There was never a way to register any of those things.

Well, whatever you'd like to call it. If not "register" (which isn't a technical term, by the way), then to demonstrate to the account system that I'm a purchaser and owner of the thing in question.

EDITED TO ADD:
On Club Nintendo, the place you go to enter your code is titled "Register a Product." So what are you on about?

jmizzal

I hope put Wii DL loads for platinum rewards even games that are not on the WiiU yet, give me something that I dont likely have, like the games Japan has.

Morts

Well, whatever you'd like to call it. If not "register" (which isn't a technical term, by the way), then to demonstrate to the account system that I'm a purchaser and owner of the thing in question.

EDITED TO ADD:
On Club Nintendo, the place you go to enter your code is titled "Register a Product." So what are you on about?

He meant that only products out before January 20th were registerable, and the N3DS and Codename STEAM were out after that.

And I'll say it once more, but I believe that the final rewards currently out now DO have some relevance with what the elite rewards will be--as in, the people looking at those current rewards are now--rightfully so--expecting something at least on par with those.

In what way would that influence Nintendo's decision as a business?

I see what you're saying, but there's just no reason at all for it to factor into Nintendo's decision of what to offer as a platinum reward. In fact, I think the best argument for them just letting people take one game from the stuff that's already on the catalogue is simply that it's already all set up, the codes are there, etc, so it'd just be no effort for them to do so.

People's "expectations" are totally irrelevant. Literally the only thing we really have to go on is last year's platinum rewards, and thus the most sensible thing to do is to expect a similar offering and then anything they offer beyond that is HAPPY BONUS TIME. Like I said before. There's really no evidence to suggest they'll offer anything more, and no reason for them to, so adjust expectations accordingly for now and hope for a surprise.

fernoca

EDITED TO ADD:
The NNID (Nintendo Network ID) is your account. Once you use the n3DS with it, it activates your n3DS along any digital purchases on their servers.

If you haven't or won't link to a NNID, then the receipt is the proof of purchase in case of any problem.

For retail games, the receipt is the proof of purchase. No current way to register recent games like with Club Nintendo.

What the other poster meant (I think) was that the New 3DS and Codename S.T.E.A.M. never had Club Nintendo codes, so there was never a way to register them on a website.

GWX

Man, Nintendo must be joking. I bought Fire Emblem (GBA) on the Wii U eShop last wednesday partially because I needed 10 coins to get the 600 necessary for Wonderful 101, but still no post-play surveys have appeared on my to-do list. I emailed them about my issue but I doubt they'll answer this late in the game. I really want W101 =(

Top Bottom